You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
***Official ASDOH c/o 2020 Acceptence/Interviews!***
Started by Ahmadtoo
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
1k first depositNot yet, just the call. I probably will call them tomorrow to find out and I heard there would be a deposit, does anyone know how much it is
So there is first and second? Whats the second one for ??1k first deposit
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So there is first and second? Whats the second one for ??
I believe some school does one 2k deposit to save your seat. ASDOH is splitting it in two I guess.
6
609088
Caall new azraaaaa
6
609088
Call meee
ThanksI believe some school does one 2k deposit to save your seat. ASDOH is splitting it in two I guess.
6
609088
I guess they filled up at least 50 seats
That's what I'm thinking.I guess they filled up at least 50 seats
6
609088
I guess no call for today
Did we have to do anything after the call or is it all in the mailed packet? Lol may have been too overwhelmed to listen well enough
Did we have to do anything after the call or is it all in the mailed packet? Lol may have been too overwhelmed to listen well enough
Just gotta wait for the packet
Has anyone received an email confirmation of your acceptance yet?
Has anyone received an email confirmation of your acceptance yet?
I think it's just calls then they send the acceptance package by mail
**update
Just kidding I guess. Just got one too
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just randomly got an email of acceptance? haha
No phone call though.
I'll be turning it down, so there's at least one more seat for someone!
Good luck everybody!
No phone call though.
I'll be turning it down, so there's at least one more seat for someone!
Good luck everybody!
6
609088
Ur my heroI just randomly got an email of acceptance? haha
No phone call though.
I'll be turning it down, so there's at least one more seat for someone!
Good luck everybody!
6
609088
What time did u get it?I just randomly got an email of acceptance? haha
No phone call though.
I'll be turning it down, so there's at least one more seat for someone!
Good luck everybody!
So today I called the admissions and found out that some acceptance calls that were made went straight to voicemail (in my case, it didn't even appear in my voicemail box). I am assuming it happened to a few of us, so hang in tight 🙂
Last edited:
5:06 Eastern Standard TimeWhat time did u get it?
Just got an acceptance email as well @ 4:08 Central Standard Time. Although I also got a call on December 1st.
I received an email earlier today. Saying I have until 4th of January to make a deposit if I still want the spotHas anyone received an email confirmation of your acceptance yet?
The wait is finally over. I got accepted and I also interviewed two weeks ago. Who else got accepted
I got accepted!!!!! Ahhh this is all so exciting!!!
Congrats!!!I got accepted!!!!! Ahhh this is all so exciting!!!
A little late, but I got my call around 3:00 PST on Dec 1 (Dr. Kalamchi apparently tried calling my house phone buuuuuuut it was disconnected so he got my cell phone ^_^'') I definitely agree that community service is huge. Shedding some light on my situation (and hopefully easing some people's anxieties lol) my stats coming from undergrad definitely weren't the best. GPA 3.17 sGPA 2.95, DAT 20/19/20, Volunteer: a little over around 1500, Shadow Hours: at the time I interviewed 100, but I updated them when I worked part time at a clinic afterwards. Also my I didnt know it at the time but my personal statement was almost spot on a response to their vision and mission.
For anyone with a post december interview, good luck! If you're not coming from a good place academically, definitely play up your passion for the work you did and the people you served. I loved everything I did outside of school and tried my best to show it. In terms of academics, if you showed improvement over time EMPHASIZE IT AND TELL THEM HOW EXACTLY YOU CHANGED (study habits/sources of motivation/etc). From personal experience and working as an academic counselor, a common problem is a really rough start in college but eventually people can get the hang of things and turn from a C student to an A/B student quickly, but one number from a GPA doest quite reflect the arching improvement. Seeing people's stats at the beginning of the cycle was super intimidating but really, if you have an interview thats more than half the battle; the next part is showing how your goals really resonate with what ASDOH is projecting. I volunteered in a pretty intense mobile health unit that served the homeless, was on leadership for some culturally based education and health programs, and helped out with an elementary school. That's all well and good on paper but I think they really appreciate if you can elaborate the details and show your investment, make connections to the schools programs, and show you're in the career because you wanna do good for the community.
I'm interviewing this coming Monday and this was a very helpful and insightful post. Thank you so much!
I'm interviewing this coming Monday and this was a very helpful and insightful post. Thank you so much!
Good luck! Kill it at your interview, it's a good couple of hours.
I'm interviewing this coming Monday and this was a very helpful and insightful post. Thank you so much!
Glad I could help 🙂 Good luck!
I got accepted!!!!! Ahhh this is all so exciting!!!
Congrats! Did you receive a call or email? When were you informed?
Sorry if this is a rhetorical question, but does anyone know when class starts or when the white coat ceremony is?
Was wondering the same thing!Sorry if this is a rhetorical question, but does anyone know when class starts or when the white coat ceremony is?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sorry if this is a rhetorical question, but does anyone know when class starts or when the white coat ceremony is?
i think first or second week of july
Sorry if this is a rhetorical question, but does anyone know when class starts or when the white coat ceremony is?
Scroll down until you see the academic calendar. Dates should be pretty similar for class of 2020!
http://www.atsu.edu/student_services/handbook/pdfs/asdohcatalog.pdf
If you didn't get an email saying you were rejected then you are wait listed. I spoke to someone yesterday.How do we know if we got rejected or waitlisted?
If you didn't get an email saying you were rejected then you are wait listed. I spoke to someone yesterday.
Wait listed for an interview?
No this is if you've already had an interview.Wait listed for an interview?
Did anyone receive acceptance offer via phone call or email after Dec. 1st? If so, please share so the rest of us who are in the dark can feel a little better lol
I didn't but I spoke to someone yesterday and basically if you didn't get rejected or accepted on the 1st or 2nd then you are on the wait list.Did anyone receive acceptance offer via phone call or email after Dec. 1st? If so, please share so the rest of us who are in the dark can feel a little better lol
Interviewed yesterday, got the email today saying that I'm still being considered! Thanks for all the great advice! Azra said they probably won't give out many more acceptances until January as that's when they will hear back from already accepted students. Does that sound right to people?
How does the waitlist work? Do they prioritize the list based of the day you were interviewed? Any idea when in January do the people with offers have to decide by?
I heard they have 30 days from when they were accepted. And the wait list is ranked but only the admissions committee knows the ranking.How does the waitlist work? Do they prioritize the list based of the day you were interviewed? Any idea when in January do the people with offers have to decide by?
How does the waitlist work? Do they prioritize the list based of the day you were interviewed? Any idea when in January do the people with offers have to decide by?
Idk if it's the same for everyone else, but my deadline is Jan 4. I'm assuming spots will open up then and they'll contact people soon after
That's probably true!Idk if it's the same for everyone else, but my deadline is Jan 4. I'm assuming spots will open up then and they'll contact people soon after
It sounds like nobody from the waitlist has been given an offer yet since the school is probably waiting to hear from the students who received their offers on Dec.1st. I am assuming only after Jan.4 the waitlist will start moving. You could probably look at class 2019 thread and see if u can reach someone with similiar situation.Are there any ASDOH students that got accepted from wait list in here? I'd like to ask them a few questions if possible.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sorry that's what I meant haha sometimes people from earlier classes might pop in so I was hoping there might be one. I'll try 2019 thread also! Thanks.It sounds like nobody from the waitlist has been given an offer yet since the school is probably waiting to hear from the students who received their offers on Dec.1st. I am assuming only after Jan.4 the waitlist will start moving. You could probably look at class 2019 thread and see if u can reach someone with similiar situation.
Deposit confirmed!! Cant wait to start school. If you are still deciding on A.T Still, keep in mind that the experience hands on that you will get is definitely second to none
And if you have already decided and you aren't going to be attending please let them know because some of us on the wait list would LOVE to attend! 🙂Deposit confirmed!! Cant wait to start school. If you are still deciding on A.T Still, keep in mind that the experience hands on that you will get is definitely second to none
6
609088
Did they send out waitlist? Through email?
True Boyd27!! You have always been active here and been passionate about ASDOH. Hope to have you in class next year !!And if you have already decided and you aren't going to be attending please let them know because some of us on the wait list would LOVE to attend! 🙂
Similar threads
- Replies
- 31
- Views
- 13K