**Official Class of 2021 Thread** !

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
guys ... I think I have the most technologically inept co-workers in the world ...

I should stop complaining about work lolol

Members don't see this ad.

When talking to people who have rich parents to pay for everything...

Convo with grad student today:
-"Have you decided on a med school?"

-"Yes, I am sure on UCSF but the housing scares me. Didn't you live in the Mission area? Any recs for housing, I'm seeing avg 3500 for a 2bd."

-"yeah it's sort of expensive. But where you should move is (names neighborhoods I don't recognize.) it's really nice, good restaurants and stuff and prob only $6-700 more."

-"6-700 more?"

"Yeah, but I mean that's nothing. You won't even notice that every month."

ImageUploadedBySDN1488925609.160785.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 18 users
Members don't see this ad :)
That's pretty expensive for a pineapple.
"A pineapple grown in Britain in horse manure is believed to be the world's most expensive piece of fruit, allegedly worth £10,000. The fruit was nurtured over two years using traditional and very expensive Victorian gardening techniques at the Lost Gardens of Heligan in Cornwall.Dec 22, 2012

I've got a payment plan....

But seriously, I lol'd so much at your reply :laugh:

Reactions: 1 users
I pay $400

That includes utilities lol
That is crazy!

My cap on a two bedroom would be maybe 2200 in DC (with utilities), and I was well aware that that was a lot. SF prices are on a whole other level, and he was not talking about utilities included. He has also never worked, took a couple years off between ugrad-grad to travel. I just in no way, shape, or form, can relate.

Reactions: 1 user
"A pineapple grown in Britain in horse manure is believed to be the world's most expensive piece of fruit, allegedly worth £10,000. The fruit was nurtured over two years using traditional and very expensive Victorian gardening techniques at the Lost Gardens of Heligan in Cornwall.Dec 22, 2012

I've got a payment plan....

But seriously, I lol'd so much at your reply :laugh:
did you just know this offhand or did you google most expensive pineapple??

That is crazy!

My cap on a two bedroom would be maybe 2200 in DC (with utilities), and I was well aware that that was a lot. SF prices are on a whole other level, and he was not talking about utilities included. He has also never worked, took a couple years off between ugrad-grad to travel. I just in no way, shape, or form, can relate.
He most likely took out a small loan of a million dollars...

He most likely took out a small loan of a million dollars...

Lol nope. Met his parents, they paid his Stanford education in cash, and I guess covered his COL. Pretty sure they're paying his Yale grad education too.

Lol nope. Met his parents, they paid his Stanford education in cash, and I guess covered his COL. Pretty sure they're paying his Yale grad education too.

Meanwhile I regret spending $4 on Starbucks this morning...

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
It's scary how often I've considered taking caffeine pills...
I should look into this. I heard they work pretty well and I'm assuming they're cheaper than buying coffee. I'm just worried it'd be too much caffeine and I'd be super hyper

If I don't find a way to fix my insomnia in the next few months, medical school is going to be a lot of fun :boom:

If I don't find a way to fix my insomnia in the next few months, medical school is going to be a lot of fun :boom:

I have been working on this. Just ordered some melatonin yesterday and will start using it at the end of the week. Also stopped taking pre-workout during my night gym sessions.

I have been working on this. Just ordered some melatonin yesterday and will start using it at the end of the week. Also stopped taking pre-workout during my night gym sessions.

Let me know how it works for you, if that's okay.

I actually thought of you when I first saw it. I didn't remember what it is you want to specialize in but I know it has radiology in it haha

Lol! Dang you have a great memory. NIR, like the NSG or neuro path more, but this thread gives such a great look at rads, which I don't really know much about.

Great find!

Edit: lmao

Last edited:
Lol! Dang you have a great memory. NIR, like the NSG or negro path more, but this thread gives such a great look at rads, which I don't really know much about.

Great find!

That's pretty specialized

Reactions: 7 users
That's pretty specialized

I have a Spanish keyboard so that was my autocorrect trying to make sense of neuro and the best it got to was the color black. Lmfao. I can't believe I completely missed that.

Reactions: 3 users
I have a Spanish keyboard so that was my autocorrect trying to make sense of neuro and the best it got to was the color black. Lmfao. I can't believe I completely missed that.

Hahahaha I assumed it was an autocorrect mistake but couldn't pass it up

Reactions: 3 users
Just saw this on the dental board. This is the CoA for Columbia Dental school. Yikes

imageuploadedbysdn1488932556-780825-jpg.215895

GYM and/or cardio friend!

Another good idea is lux app for your phone/computer. It reduces the un-natural blue light from computer screens.

Reactions: 2 users
GYM and/or cardio friend!

Another good idea is lux app for your phone/computer. It reduces the un-natural blue light from computer screens.
Lux app for your laptop as well!!

wait why are you guys having insomnia?!:oops: nervous?

wait why are you guys having insomnia?!:oops: nervous?

Nope. It's been an issue before the application cycle. But I do have general anxiety issues so wouldn't be surprised if it's linked, like most things.

Last edited:
Good lord... I hope Columbia is generous with scholarships. That's insane.
scholarships only apply to tuition, COA stays the same so you get the same amount off money - scholarship.

Last edited:
oh god. I started a pun thread didn't I?