**Official Class of 2021 Thread** !

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What do you all plan on having for your desk setup?

I'm thinking either this

91PGdtZV9wL._SL1500_.jpg

Or this
COMPUTER-DESK-60-L-DARK-TAUPE-SILVER-METAL-877bb5af-8485-4329-b0fe-588db0ef78c3_600.jpg
I've thought about getting a cubicle or L-Shape executive desk.

Reactions: 1 user
91RReZn8msL._SL1500_.jpg

I think i'll be getting this desk from Amazon!

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Wait so do they basically just get an email that says "Congrats you matched" but nothing about where they match? That seems stressful haha

Apparantly, they find out this friday.

Its still not as bad as waiting for MCAT scores though.

Members don't see this ad :)

Last edited:
Anyone thinking of trying to contact their school to get started with research this summer or is that not a thing people do? Is it usually after MS1 that people get started with this?
You be gunnin'!

After MS1 is the traditional time frame. Students at the school I'm attending set up their projects beginning of second semester and start rocking and rolling in the summer.

I'm pretty sure today is black monday. The day you find out *if* you matched (yes/no). Friday is when they find out where.

Didn't know they called it black monday. TIL

Anyone thinking of trying to contact their school to get started with research this summer or is that not a thing people do? Is it usually after MS1 that people get started with this?

If you live nearby and can go to the school to do research, I'd say go for it.

Generally people do research the summer after MS1 and apply/look into research towards the beginning of Spring MS1.

You be gunnin'!

After MS1 is the traditional time frame. Students at the school I'm attending set up their projects beginning of second semester and start rocking and rolling in the summer.
Haha nah just out of school for 2 years and getting bored. But that makes sense, I probably wouldn't want to start anything before I figured out how to handle the classes first anyways

Reactions: 1 users
MFW NYCPM keeps sending me emails about podiatry

76073663.jpg

Reactions: 13 users
Hey guys did you know that NYCPM has an open house this weekend??

Reactions: 6 users
Let the record continue to show that 3/13/17 @freak7
upload_2017-3-13_18-57-19.png

Join me my fellow accepted students,
LWYby_f-thumbnail-100-0_s-600x0.jpg

Reactions: 8 users
I finally unsubscribed haha
I keep it as a reminder of how low I could've fallen and keep things in perspective. Also, it makes me feel wanted.

Haha, totally normal... don't worry about it MOM

Reactions: 4 users
Hey guys did you know that NYCPM has an open house this weekend??
Duke NUS also continues to have an open house at all times at all hours of the day,every day like 7-11. Enough to shower my inbox with updates.

Reactions: 3 users
For those of you who know this gif:
raw

Watch this video.

Is anyone else having trouble procuring a foreign transcript from a study abroad? I'm not really looking for advise, mostly just want to commiserate.....The thought that a semester abroad 7 years ago could screw up my acceptance makes me want to scream
:boom:

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
I feel like I missed so much of the party and I was only gone for two weeks. I just got back from vacation and I really don't want to do anything. I don't want to go to work, pick a school, look for apartments, or even pay my bills. I just want to travel the world and get off the waitlist at my top choice. Blehhh... :dead:

So I visited my grandparents recently and turns out their neighbors ( who are about their age) have a son who is a professor at one of the schools I am accepted to.

#GlitchInTheMatrix

I feel like I missed so much of the party and I was only gone for two weeks. I just got back from vacation and I really don't want to do anything. I don't want to go to work, pick a school, look for apartments, or even pay my bills. I just want to travel the world and get off the waitlist at my top choice. Blehhh... :dead:

Once, when I was little, someone asked me, "What do want to be when you grow up?"
I said, "I want to be a world traveler." :)

Best of Luck!

Last edited:
There was a thread floating around about a spreadsheet to help pick a school, can anyone help me find it?

EDIT: I found it, nvm!

Last edited:
just curious: to those who hold multiple acceptances - do you have it narrowed down to 2 or have you made up your mind? i'm 95% sure on where i'm going!:joyful:

just curious: to those who hold multiple acceptances - do you have it narrowed down to 2 or have you made up your mind? i'm 95% sure on where i'm going!:joyful:
I'd say I'm 95% sure too, just holding on to my other accaeptance for leverage.

I have narrowed it down to 3, but the money could change a lot.

I'm about to sign a lease soon. I know that probably the smart thing to do would be to wait and see financial aid packages, but in my heart I know that I'm not going to change my mind. One of my 3 schools stands head and shoulders above the other 2. I would basically have to get a huuuuuuge scholarship from one of the other two for me to consider changing my mind and I know that's not gonna happen. I'm not a rockstar. :laugh: