**Official Class of 2021 Thread** !

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got a gift from my mother a little while ago.

What specialty do you guys think she is not-so-subtly trying to get me to go into? One guess.View attachment 217326
Gotta love her though lol
Must be IM how else will u use all that ink without writing all day

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
I got a gift from my mother a little while ago.

What specialty do you guys think she is not-so-subtly trying to get me to go into? One guess.View attachment 217326
Gotta love her though lol

*Insert clever comment that isnt ortho*

Those are really cool tho

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Post a picture!!

ImageUploadedBySDN1491168961.513663.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 9 users
*Insert clever comment that isnt ortho*

Those are really cool tho
They are, but can you imagine using them first day of class? Without context, they certainly give an impression I don't want following me in med school lol

They are, but can you imagine using them first day of class? Without context, they certainly give an impression I don't want following me in med school lol

Idk. You'd be the cool kid. Your pens are joints *ba dum tsss*

Reactions: 1 user
Dude, that is so dope.

Reminds me of that one monster from scooby doo and david bowie's blackstar

Thanks! It took me forever to pull the trigger. Been thinking about it since starting college.

My wife and I got tattoos for our first anniversary.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

So I just got done watching Beauty and the Beast... a few things... If the story is set in France and everyone has a French name and you start the movie off with "Bonjour!" and Lumiere and stuff, why do you have a British accent when speaking English? Also, when a character breaks out in song, can the other character hear them or is just like an internal monologue to let us know what you feeling on the inside? Finally... eff Gaston.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I just got another med school interview. wtf...

Reactions: 6 users
Can't wait until the end of this month so I can finally start getting my living situation figured out ...

Unless God forbid, a waitlist ........................

Reactions: 4 users

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
:angelic:

Last edited:
ah man. yeah that threw a wrench into things for you. you will figure it out - I believe in you!
Thanks! Yeah I'll probably just end up flipping a coin or something haha

I would if I could. All I know is that all those schools are cold af.
Yeah, thats why one of the criteria is the ability to get a residency in a warm location I seriously considered going to Touro Cali for the only reason that it is in california.

I would if I could. All I know is that all those schools are cold af.
Yeah, thats why one of the criteria is the ability to get a residency in a warm location I seriously considered going to Touro Cali for the only reason that it is in california.
Then why don't you just go to SGU for the warm weather?

Have you tried evaluating the data in other terms other than a 1/2/3 placement? Maybe a 1-5 score? I think I see why you'd do that (so that way you couldn't just assign a tie for a metric and had to choose one over the other, right?), but I feel like averaging placements is less valuable than averaging scores.

Then why don't you just go to SGU for the warm weather?

Have you tried evaluating the data in other terms other than a 1/2/3 placement? Maybe a 1-5 score? I think I see why you'd do that (so that way you couldn't just assign a tie for a metric and had to choose one over the other, right?), but I feel like averaging placements is less valuable than averaging scores.
Yeah, i tried the scoring system and there was a lot more arbitrariness in terms of score assignment. The ranking makes it simpler and removes the tie issues that crop up.

Edit: I didnt even apply to SGU because I knew I would not get in, you need to be a wizard of the wards to even get a skype interview. It is the Harvard of the Caribbean.

Last edited:
Yeah, i tried the scoring system and there was a lot more arbitrariness in terms of score assignment. The ranking makes it simpler and removes the tie issues that crop up.
At the cost of removing weight though. What if CoL is a big big deal for you, for example, but curriculum isn't? CoL's 1 placement at school A should mean more than school B's 1 placement in curriculum. Obviously it's hard to quantify, but maybe you might notice a bigger "winner" that way and that might help you make your decision. My 2 cents at least.

Edit: Punctuation

Last edited:
At the cost of removing weight though. What if CoL is a big big deal for you, for example, but curriculum isn't? CoL's 1 placement at school A should mean more than school B's 1 placement in curriculum. Obviously it's hard to quantify, but maybe you might notice a bigger "winner" that way and that might help you make your decision. My 2 cents at least.

Edit: Punctuation
The problem is in the arbitrary value assignment, 0-5? is it really a 0-5 or 0-10? Its hard to ascribe real objective scores to an assessment like that. I can with relative certainty rank items by objective measures. Measuring them to the exact point on a 0-10 scale is crazy difficult.

Last edited:
Measuring them to the exact point on a 0-10 scale is crazy difficult.
Nah it's not, just rate everything 7!

Seriously though, I more meant to do a self-biased scale. Maybe 1-2 for things you think are small, 1-5 for medium, and 1-7 for big things. Heck you could make the scale up as you go even. I'm not suggesting a scientific scale, I'm just saying to let your bias control one runthrough and see if that informs you of anything. I can see myself running through the exercise, getting to the end, averaging up the "data" and saying "you know I really do prefer that school.

ohhh my goooddd... these days keep on dragging I'm ready to quit my job and just start school!

Reactions: 10 users
ohhh my goooddd... these days keep on dragging I'm ready to quit my job and just start school!
It is high way robbery , regarding how unproductive I am.

Reactions: 7 users
Working until the end of April, but technically only in the office for 16 more days!

Not that anyone is counting or anything.

Reactions: 6 users
I'm old school, so I have a paper calendar and I'm checking off each day as I go.
In kindergarten we made chains of paper rings to countdown to summer break and ripped one off each day. Maybe I should re-create that and hang it in my office...

Reactions: 8 users
In kindergarten we made chains of paper rings to countdown to summer break and ripped one off each day. Maybe I should re-create that and hang it in my office...
I highly recommend this idea! It might even decrease the number of days you have left at your job!

Reactions: 11 users
Are y'all going to second looks for schools you probably won't attend?
Just got a financial aid estimate from a school that I loved but now would be ridiculous to choose over other options. Was originally planning to go to second look (even paid a $100 deposit!) but now I'm not sure it's worth it.

Are y'all going to second looks for schools you probably won't attend?
Just got a financial aid estimate from a school that I loved but now would be ridiculous to choose over other options. Trying to decide if I should even go to second look.
I am going to second looks, however, my top choice is showing administrative issues, which makes re rethink everything.

just got persona 5 and botw. rip social life