**Official Class of 2021 Thread** !

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
that's funny I haven't even gotten financial aid from a school I've been accepted at haha
same ... the school I was actually accepted to hasn't even released their award package to me yet either ... lol

Members don't see this ad.

I had to check the online portal for the aid , there was no email or communication with me from 5 out of the 6 schools.
Just logged in to check and still nothing. So weird, are schools not required to have them in before the 30th?

Just logged in to check and still nothing. So weird, are schools not required to have them in before the 30th?
No formal requirement. It is just good form to do so.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else pooping their pants yet? I dont even know what histology means.

Reactions: 8 users
Just told my boss I'm out in a few months. Fibbed a little saying I was accepted off the WL via email last night, but it's better than saying I've known since Thanksgiving.
What a huge weight off my chest.

Reactions: 4 users
Just told my boss I'm out in a few months. Fibbed a little saying I was accepted off the WL via email last night, but it's better than saying I've known since Thanksgiving.
I have been playing the I don't know if I really want to go schtick with my boss citing costs and family obligations. She does know I was accepted, just doesn't know if I will be leaving.

I mean , I am a good pooper so I hope you would.

disgusted-clint-eastwood-520x245.gif

I have been playing the I don't know if I really want to go schtick with my boss citing costs and family obligations. She does know I was accepted, just doesn't know if I will be leaving.

Lol I took a new job in the school's location and never mentioned med school. My boss had been telling everyone , including clients, that I relocated to work at the company. Boasting! I just nod and smile

Last week I mentioned that I am "considering" attending medical school as I had previously planned to defer. Now I've been offered a promotion once school starts so I don't have to quit (More $$$, flexible schedule, work at home). Actually really considering it.

Now he tells everyone I'm going to medical school and staying on, and will be our chief clinical adviser when I graduate med school

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 2 users
A week after I told my boss that school was official, they gave me a 4% raise.

Even on my last day he said "remember you can always come by any chance you get." :rolleyes:

Officially my last day of work and officially committed to my favorite school throughout the process!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Are any of you Incubus fans? I'm a HUGE fan. I've seen them live 6x. Well, they're touring this summer after taking like a 2 year break and I'm bummed because I have to miss it cuz it's when med school starts :(:(:( First time I'm missing one of their tours!!!!:arghh:

On the flip, their new album "8" is out and it's really good :cool:

Are any of you Incubus fans? I'm a HUGE fan. I've seen them live 6x. Well, they're touring this summer after taking like a 2 year break and I'm bummed because I have to miss it cuz it's when med school starts :(:(:( First time I'm missing one of their tours!!!!:arghh:

On the flip, their new album "8" is out and it's really good :cool:

watch it on periscope. sure its nowhere near as good as being there but its better than nothing

also, jesus what happened to Bill Nye. His new show...

I feel strangely naked not having multiple acceptances anymore.

Reactions: 10 users
What happens if you send your withdrawal letter to the wrong school? Can you take it back?

Now that I think about it, if I search enough I'm sure I will find someone who did this and what happened right here on this forum.
you have to attend the last school left, no take backsies.

This just had me going to my sent emails as fast as I could haha. In the letter or email, I'd assume that you/he/she would have written the correct school which could help. But otherwise I think what's in writing is binding for things like this.
I am sure you could beg your way out of this if you acted quick enough. You cant go back 2 days later tho.

Lol now your avatar can stop looking so stressed.

Lol I took a new job in the school's location and never mentioned med school. My boss had been telling everyone , including clients, that I relocated to work at the company. Boasting! I just nod and smile

Last week I mentioned that I am "considering" attending medical school as I had previously planned to defer. Now I've been offered a promotion once school starts so I don't have to quit (More $$$, flexible schedule, work at home). Actually really considering it.

Now he tells everyone I'm going to medical school and staying on, and will be our chief clinical adviser when I graduate med school

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Like forreal you have had the craziest luck I have ever seen. Feel free to sprinkle some my way I would love for my job to do that.

It's crazy that in 4 years I will be making more than anyone in my family and more than my mother and father combined. How much of that is purchasing power is another thing but I'm just so greatful I can hopefully help out in the future.

It's crazy that in 4 years I will be making more than anyone in my family and more than my mother and father combined. How much of that is purchasing power is another thing but I'm just so greatful I can hopefully help out in the future.
Not 4 years, more like 6 because of residency.

And not 6 years, more like 10 years because debt.

Edit: Unless you got a crazy good scholarship, that is.

Reactions: 3 users
Not 4 years, more like 6 because of residency.

And not 6 years, more like 10 years because debt.

Edit: Unless you got a crazy good scholarship, that is.
Nah my point stand my take home salary will still be the highest in the family and more than both combined at the start of residency which is a wierd thing to think about. The debt will affect my purchasing power which I already stated but it's still wierd to think about.

Midway through watching Get Out rn and this **** has me rattled. As a minority who has almost exclusively dated affluent white women all of my ex-gf's parents are exactly like this. **** IS WACK YO

Reactions: 6 users
@Gurkhali Congratulations. I am so happy for you. Unless you were accepted way before this and I just noticed now. Then I'm sorry for not noticing sooner.

Midway through watching Get Out rn and this **** has me rattled. As a minority who has almost exclusively dated affluent white women all of my ex-gf's parents are exactly like this. **** IS WACK YO

If her father is a neurosurgeon then truly GTFO

Is it out on DVD as yet? Still haven't watched it as yet.