**Official Class of 2021 Thread** !

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Grr why do you have to make sense Astra? Was about to delete the post when my friend realized she won't get the answer she wanted

it is not derm related though. At least not directly. Allergy and infectious diseases.
It doesnt matter, need some pubs on the ol'CV in addition to wonderful skin to match derm.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Grr why do you have to make sense Astra? Was about to delete the post when my friend realized she won't get the answer she wanted

it is not derm related though. At least not directly. Allergy and infectious diseases.

What does your heart tell you, tskiihii? If you want to relax those ten weeks, do it now. You're not gonna get another chance!

Members don't see this ad :)
What does your heart tell you, tskiihii? If you want to relax those ten weeks, do it now. You're not gonna get another chance!
I think it is a bit too sudden but could be great. Trying to find out if everyone in the class of 2021 was sent the same email because then it means it isn't that special haha

I think it is a bit too sudden but could be great. Trying to find out if everyone in the class of 2021 was sent the same email because then it means it isn't that special haha

Honestly, I think this kind of thing would come down to money for me. I need to keep working as long as I can before school starts, so unless there was some kind of stipend that goes along with the research, I would have to turn it down.

Honestly, I think this kind of thing would come down to money for me. I need to keep working as long as I can before school starts, so unless there was some kind of stipend that goes along with the research, I would have to turn it down.
It depends on how much money you are making. if you are making 2K a month -5K opportunity lost is small in comparison to the -200K you are already going into debt for school. If you are making 15K per month I would hope that you have enough money saved for the entirety of medical school at this point.

Does anyone have a stock withdrawal email or letter. I want to be professional when I withdraw.

It depends on how much money you are making. if you are making 2K a month -5K opportunity lost is small in comparison to the -200K you are already going into debt for school. If you are making 15K per month I would hope that you have enough money saved for the entirety of medical school at this point.

I am poor.

Reactions: 1 users
Is anyone else currently finishing up a prereq? Any advice on "maintaining academic standards"?

Does anyone have a stock withdrawal email or letter. I want to be professional when I withdraw.
Hello,

I will be withdrawing my acceptance to the 2021 class of X SOM. Thank you so much for the opportunity to learn more about your program and the chance to attend your school.

Sincerely,
Redsox93

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

a suh X CoM

I've decided your school wasn't dope enough for me, so I'm withdrawing my acceptance.

Peace

XxxL1BErTyn33xxX

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I was thinking about using one of the numerous generic rejection letters I got from schools and retooling it as my withdrawal letter:

To The Admissions Committee,

I have completed my interview season and have seen numerous medical schools, and I regret to inform you that I will not be bringing my talents to your school in the Fall of 2017.

I realize that this decision may come as a disappointment to you. As you may know, I interviewed at a great deal of medical schools however only one medical school could be chosen as my place of matriculation. I do want to assure you that I considered your curriculum, facilities, and reputation carefully and thoroughly before my decision was made. These decisions were difficult to make due to the sheer volume of qualified schools. Please do not take this withdrawal as a slight to your strength as a medical school.

Thank you for your interest in me as an applicant and I wish you luck in filling your class for the Fall of 2017.

Sincerely,

Machete Fred

PS I am interested in applying to ur podiatry school

Reactions: 20 users
Do schools respond when you break up with them?

Some do. I withdrew from one this morning and they replied to my email asking me to consider them for residency options.

S0GhHH6Vr6YUw.gif

Lol and hours after that I got accepted to another school of the waitlist! The saga continues......

I was thinking about using one of the numerous generic rejection letters I got from schools and retooling it as my withdrawal letter:

I have completed my interview season and have seen numerous medical schools, and I regret to inform you that I will not be bringing my talents to your school in the Fall of 2017.

I realize that this decision may come as a disappointment to you. As you may know, I interviewed at a great deal of medical schools however only one medical school could be chosen as my place of matriculation. I do want to assure you that I considered your curriculum, facilities, and reputation carefully and thoroughly before my decision was made. These decisions were difficult to make due to the sheer volume of qualified schools. Please do not take this withdrawal as a slight to your strength as a medical school.

Thank you for your interest in me as an applicant and I wish you luck in filling your class for the Fall of 2017.

Sincerely,

Machete Fred

10/10

Reactions: 2 users

Sincerely,

Machete Fred

please do this

Reactions: 2 users
Read your comment again and then my name
Don't worry. I saw :p

BTW any one play LoL ?? Looking for a duo partner lol

Meeee imma start playing again after school is over

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I'm bad tho

HEY SAME LETS PLAY :D
SDN League group? Maybe we can strive for the LCS

Who all is watching the FA Cup Final? I might have to be stuck at work, but I'mma see if I can switch with someone. Come on, you Blues!!!
I'll probably watch. More excited for the last few games of the season though. Hope Spurs can take over the top of the table :D

I'll probably watch. More excited for the last few games of the season though. Hope Spurs can take over the top of the table :D

Stupid spuds Dont have what it takes to win anything

Last edited:

1ny7mc.jpg

Anyone else going to NYCPM's open house? :laugh:

Reactions: 5 users
A
Asking for a friend. Would you guys consider and accept a 10-week summer research program if the school you will attend invited you to participate but it starts exactly a month from now and runs till first day of orientation (which means your break ends in a month :eek:)...?

Are they paying??

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

It is a bit clumsy for me logistically since I currently live in Canada but I will check it out. Might be fun.
Limited downsides with good upsides of possible connections , settling into the area , apartment shopping made easy, and you get paid for your time.

It is a bit clumsy for me logistically since I currently live in Canada but I will check it out. Might be fun.
Is it going to be a straight up 9-5, 5 days a week gig? Also, is that 5k for the month plus you get room and board for free too? That isn't too shabby. Plus, if you're only gonna be doing a 40 hr work week, there'll be plenty of time to just chill and have fun after doing something productive in the day time.

Yet another sufferer of MAP or, Multiple Acceptance Problems. Commonly found in awesome medical school candidates. Symptoms may include drowsiness, trouble sleeping, sleep apnea, dyspnea, Pepsi, Coca Cola, cochlear implants, irritability, ulcers, and difficulty relating to people with single acceptance problems syndrome, also known as SAPS.

Ok, I just lost three competitive games in a row. **** this game...I'll play again in an hour.

The dead of winter, small world, ticket to ride europe with the 1912 expansion, stone age, king of Tokyo power up expansion and Santorini.

Woah I would like to join whatever board game group you have going in. I love almost all these games but don't have enough people interested to play it.

So I got a finaid award package from a school where I'm on the alternate list ... is this a good thing? Has anyone heard of this happening? lolol

So I got a finaid award package from a school where I'm on the alternate list ... is this a good thing? Has anyone heard of this happening? lolol
You must be high on he wl.

that's funny I haven't even gotten financial aid from a school I've been accepted at haha

Reactions: 4 users
that's funny I haven't even gotten financial aid from a school I've been accepted at haha
I had to check the online portal for the aid , there was no email or communication with me from 5 out of the 6 schools.