**Official Class of 2021 Thread** !

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What happens if you just don't withdraw come 4/30... asking for a friend
According to gonnif, your friend gets 5 extra days to respond after which it is up to the schools how they decide to treat said situation. But tell your friend to withdraw by the 30th, too many people have waited a long time to join this thread.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 8 users
Do you guys think getting leasing a 2 story house with 4 other guys is a bad decision? Especially since there's only 1 kitchen?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just "accepted" my financial aid offer of mostly loans!

e12.png
I'm still holding off, lol

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using SDN mobile

Do you guys think getting leasing a 2 story house with 4 other guys is a bad decision? Especially since there's only 1 kitchen?

Did you change your avatar? To shi la buff?

As for 5 people in one house, I guess it could work. Idk how you study best but if you'll be mostly in the house, then make sure you have personal space.

Do you know the other people? Are they chill? Loud? Trustworthy?

Personally, that would be a no-go. I need a place to escape to, especially when stressed, and a room in a house with 4 other people does not sound like a sanctuary.

Just think about all those damn dishes. I've lived it before. Be careful my friend. Even if the rent is cheap, it's not always worth it

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
Did you change your avatar? To shi la buff?

As for 5 people in one house, I guess it could work. Idk how you study best but if you'll be mostly in the house, then make sure you have personal space.

Do you know the other people? Are they chill? Loud? Trustworthy?

Personally, that would be a no-go. I need a place to escape to, especially when stressed, and a room in a house with 4 other people does not sound like a sanctuary.

Just think about all those damn dishes. I've lived it before. Be careful my friend. Even if the rent is cheap, it's not always worth it

I went to look around the house and got a little tour from one of the current resident students. They all seem cool and the house has a lot of space so I don't think personal space will be an issue. All of the people who stayed there apparently have committed all 4 years because they liked it so much.

Also, I feel super lazy about finding roommates for a 2BR or 3BR apt. I might consider another place but our Facebook page hasn't had much activity

Reactions: 1 user
I went to look around the house and got a little tour from one of the current resident students. They all seem cool and the house has a lot of space so I don't think personal space will be an issue. All of the people who stayed there apparently have committed all 4 years because they liked it so much.

Also, I feel super lazy about finding roommates for a 2BR or 3BR apt. I might consider another place but our Facebook page hasn't had much activity
I think you'll be ok - like others said...it depends on you and how you interact with others/tolerance level/attitude. You seem like a social guy, so it might be good for you to always have ppl around. And think of the best case scenario where you become really good friends with at least one of the dudes! Don't commit for 4 years cuz if it doesn't work, just move out next year.

Members don't see this ad :)
Haha yeah, I'll have to withdraw this week.
It feels bittersweet. It's like giving all your attention and love to 1 person after casually dating around with other ppl...

...i'm not projecting at all...:rolleyes:

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone else not turned down their other acceptances?

Why am I finding this so difficult?
Just did it today! Even though I was sure about my decision, it was still scary to be down to one

when someone withdraws their acceptance and you have to give them back their deposit

krabs_rag3do.jpg

Reactions: 9 users
Spent hours studying for a final I just realized I don't have to take

Reactions: 4 users
So, so much better than the opposite
Very true. Between all the interviewing and extreme case of senioritis I came down with this year I really didn't even think to check my grade before I started studying. I just assumed that I was taking an L lol

Not going to lie I straight up cried when I sent my withdrawal to my undergrad which is in my hometown. So much love for that place but it's just not the right decision for me. Feels like a breakup hahaha.

Guys this is my last week at work and the physicians I work with gave me a stethoscope and a really nice card and I'm not crying you are

Reactions: 20 users
Guys this is my last week at work and the physicians I work with gave me a stethoscope and a really nice card and I'm not crying you are
Ugh I wish this was my last week of work. Congrats tho

Reactions: 2 users
I had to read that again coz I thought they gave you a nice CAR. I'm like daaaaang I wanna work where you work lol but congrats on finishing!

Reactions: 1 users
I didn't just spend $300 on board games when I haven't bought most of my med school stuff .

Reactions: 3 users
Who all is watching the FA Cup Final? I might have to be stuck at work, but I'mma see if I can switch with someone. Come on, you Blues!!!

On topic, though... Does anybody else feel irrationally guilty for withdrawing acceptances? Like you don't want to hurt the schools' feelings? I feel like I've been stringing them along since I've known for a while what my decision is. They keep emailing me and sending me stuff, but I keep ignoring them and I feel super bad about it even though I know these schools are not actually heartbroken over me. What are these emotions? :laugh:

man this gap year has been dope. I'm gonna miss having no responsibilities.

I am looking forward to med school but at the same time, I'm reluctant of going back to the grind

Asking for a friend. Would you guys consider and accept a 10-week summer research program if the school you will attend invited you to participate but it starts exactly a month from now and runs till first day of orientation (which means your break ends in a month :eek:)...?

Asking for a friend. Would you guys consider and accept a 10-week summer research program if the school you will attend invited you to participate but it starts exactly a month from now and runs till first day of orientation (which means your break ends in a month :eek:)...?

I personally would. I've done my traveling, relaxing already this gap year.

Those 10 weeks would be great for networking, getting back in the groove, good for residency applications and also exploring the city during the evenings/weekends

arent you gunning for derm? if so, then yes.

Grr why do you have to make sense Astra? Was about to delete the post when my friend realized she won't get the answer she wanted

arent you gunning for derm? if so, then yes.
it is not derm related though. At least not directly. Allergy and infectious diseases.