Official Doctor Who WW Redux Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
lynch WTF

Found out last night she is a chaos character and has her own win condition. She is not playing for the villagers.

Also I always remove roles of resurrected players SOV so that really doesn't apply to all games. Feel free to investigate me.

That is a absolute BS. I have been playing for the villagers from the start. Check my record. But hey, way to play off the WTF is always chaos. I'm not chaos. I am neutral, there is a BIG difference.

And yes, I had the Tardis, and used it to move instead of my power since someone said you would get protected when you used it.

My role has been seered several times now. Funny how this is the first time such a thing has been mentioned.

Pray tell, what is my "win condition" devyn? Because I sure don't know it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Let's sit down and work this through logically.

Chaos players have no problem killing villagers and wolves on either side. They win when everyone else dies on both sides. As a chaos player (and I have been one many times) you need to spread things out and avoid giving either side the advantage.

For example, I was a true chaos player with no alliance, I would have:

1) Sat on the info that Cyberman came back as nonhuman. But no, I didn't. We could have been running around lynching tons of random people with no idea how to discern converts from non-converts.

2) Sat on the info that The Master can only be killed when he is the last wolf. But I didn't I could have let everyone run in circles constantly trying to lynch cuit.

3) Could have NOT verified to the entire board that my investigation did NOT clear swings, and only pointed out that her pre-conversion character was in the game at one point. But I didn't, and we got ourselves a wolf (also due to my telling you guys about the Cybermen)

4) Pushed very hard for several wolves, including Lupin.

If I'm a "chaos" player, I seem to be playing pretty hard for the villagers.

I might also put in here that I'm also difficult to kill. I don't know if this applies to lynches as well as night kills - I used the TARDIS last night for extra protection, and it was a good thing I did - but I don't want us to waste another lynch.

It sounds like the wolves have figured this out, compounded by their inability to kill me last night, and are using my admittedly sometimes controversial character against me to bring me down.

I decided to look into you last night and that is the info I got back. Maybe the mods are trying to feck with my head, but you clearly admit to being a neutral character so..... not completely wrong then.....

I just started playing again and have no idea what went on in the last billion pages as I was killed very early in this game. I don't know whether you have been helpful to the villagers or not. I looked at a few names put out as being suspicious yesterday and chose to look into one of them..... sorry of I got your undies in a bundle....

just putting forth the info I got and letting people make a decision based off it....

When I was looked into a long while back (I think it was thru TRH) is did some back as my allegiance being "complicated". I'm not sure if that was meant seriously or if it was meant as kind of a nod to the fact that my character is somewhat controversial. But I have no win condition that I know of.

Ok. So is it safe to say that with all the companions dead, it is reasonable to think that devyn did indeed come back with an ability?

Does anyone want to admit to resurrecting her? Of all the roles I know about, I don't know of anyone with that power. And of those I don't know about, it wouldn't really make sense for them to do that.

Members don't see this ad :)
Guys... I think I have exposed Devyn as a wolf..

Last night I had the journal.
I sent a message to CUITL ,saying that WTF is a chaos character and the only way to kill her is to lynch her otherwise they lose the game.
I was hoping that the wolves would jump on a WTF lynch to get rid of her and we could figure out who the wolves might be.

Devyn coming out with this info makes me 99% sure she is a wolf, unless there is some bizarre coincidence that WTF is a chaos character and Devyn just happened to find this out the same night I used the journal.

It all makes sense to me.

I REALLY think y'all should lynch Devyn. (FWIW I didn't even know the journal existed until last night, so the anonymous message thing could have been a surprise to cuitl and dev if they weren't paying that close attention?).

Lynch devyn

Info says she is still Donna nobles but no associated role ability/description, as it was with lupin. Don't know how else she'd get info on wtf aside from a role ability and the fact that it doesn't show up makes me think of lupins results.

I actually did investigate WTF last night, so that is a random coincidence SOV.... I have a role and was able to investigate someone and I got back that WTF is chaos.....

I have no idea what is going on in this game otherwise.... not sure who resurrected me, think it might be rojo at this point as he was sad that no one was using resurrection powers.... you can for sure lynch me, you will not be losing much as I have not kept up in thread, but you will lose a villager number. I would recommend investigating me first and you will see I am telling the truth.

WTF does have a chaos role... she admitted to it. I just investigated who I thought was more suspicious.

Official Lynch Tally

devyn 7 - SOV, TRH, WTF, Cyndia, FFM, hedgie, FF
WTF 1 - devyn

8/10 votes.

Last edited:
I actually did investigate WTF last night, so that is a random coincidence SOV.... I have a role and was able to investigate someone and I got back that WTF is chaos.....

I have no idea what is going on in this game otherwise.... not sure who resurrected me, think it might be rojo at this point as he was sad that no one was using resurrection powers.... you can for sure lynch me, you will not be losing much as I have not kept up in thread, but you will lose a villager number. I would recommend investigating me first and you will see I am telling the truth.

WTF does have a chaos role... she admitted to it. I just investigated who I thought was more suspicious.

Nowhere did I admit I have a chaos role. I neatly outlined why it was not.

Chaos characters usually have separate win conditions, anyway. There is nothing of the sort in my role description, and it was not mentioned at any point when I had been investigated previously. Sorry.

eh whatever.... you lose a villager then.... no skin off my back as I just started playing again haha

but it definitely will not help the village

Your role wasn't given in investigation, which happened when lupin was checked. So yeah, no believing this.

Plurality is reached. We will give a little time for wafels, but will be calling this soon if no one changes. We welcome night time actions now

CleverGirl_Fullpic_1.gif

Plurality is reached. We will give a little time for wafels, but will be calling this soon if no one changes. We welcome night time actions now
Am I just very confused about what plurality means? I'm pretty sure it means "less than half, but more than any other."

So like,

Person A: 3
Person B: 3
Person C: 4

Person C has the plurality, but only 4/10 total votes, so not a majority.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Plurality is used to say majority overall. i.e. 6/10 votes for the same person.

The remaining votes wouldn't change the result, which is why it we call it early if there isn't much discussion or waffling.

Well, technically yes, it should be majority... but since there are multiple people and majority is not necessary, in this sense we are using it (and by we, I mean mainly me, but it is used often in WW games) when a person that has the most votes can not be possibly overtaken by anyone else... it's almost become its own lingo in WW... but you are correct in your semantics i suppose

"WTF is chaos, she must be deleted... i mean kilt!" methodically says Devyn.

A few people follow along. WTF spells out her doctoral dissertation, including foot notes, on why she is, in fact, 100% villager.

Then SOV comes in and says he punk'd Devyn. TRH finds the same results as she did with Lupin, so she must be a wolf, amirite (because obvious mods are obvious o_O). And so everyone falls in line and kills our newly revived Devyn.

You all drag devyn to the town center, and fry her circuits.

You have killed Devyn, aka Donna Nobles, who was resurrected as a Cyberman.

It is now Night 16. Deadline is 8pm (but if we can get everything in soon, we can close and get another lynch round in tonight).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plurality_(voting)

plurality doesn't have to be <50%.

But we can start saying Majority has been reached, but i like how plurality sounds better :p
I'll see your Wikipedia, and raise you Merriam-Webster:

Main Entry: plu·ral·i·ty
Pronunciation: \plu̇-ˈra-lə-tē\
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural plu·ral·i·ties
Date: 14th century
1 a : the state of being plural b : the state of being numerous c : a large number or quantity 2 : pluralism 1 ; also : a benefice held by pluralism 3 a : a number greater than another b : an excess of votes over those cast for an opposing candidate c : a number of votes cast for a candidate in a contest of more than two candidates that is greater than the number cast for any other candidate but not more than half the total votes cast

eh well it couldn't have been helped :laugh:

qspaog.gif

Reactions: 1 users
Makes me think that perhaps WTF is right that a resurrection was a last-ditch effort to help cuit and maybe, hopefully, finally (pleasetojesus) we can lynch her.

At this point, I feel that screwing FFM or hedgie would be top of the to-do list. (Geddit? :laugh:) just in case.

The nights are growing shorter... spring is approaching! Happy times!

But somewhere, there is still tapping of the drums... constant tapping, tap tap tapping.

No one is killed tonight.

Today is Day 17. Deadline 10pm EST

Note, time travel has occured.

1940s Europe
2. Chillbo Baggins - Novice Hame
4. Domenic - Adolf Hitler
5. fancymylotus - Winston Churchill

1870s-1890s
7. @hedgiehog
8. @FantasyFlyer
9. jdh71 - K9
10. Samoa - Harriet Jones
1. dyachei

3. devyn - cyberman
5b. @StartingoverVet
Present Day
11. Foxhunter - Mickey Smith
14. LetItSnow - Sarah Jane Smith
15. Dwindlin - Weeping Angel
17. allieh8607 - Rose Tyler, Cyberman
6. wolfspeaker - Amy Pond

16. @Cyndia

Sometime in the Future
18. equineconstant - Supreme Dalek
19. swingnsave - Rory Williams, Cyberman

The End of the Universe
21. Frozenshades - Jackie Tyler
22. wildcatj - The Great Intelligence

23. @cuitlamiztli
24. Lupin21 - Martha Jones, Cyberman
25. @that redhead
20. @AlorsOnDanse
13. @Flim Flam Man
12. @WhtsThFrequency

tumblr_m2w9c5rKmo1qkjxrmo1_500_zps8374baf6.gif

You know what they say about assumptions...

Reactions: 1 user