Official Doctor Who WW Redux Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
But I'll lynch cuit if it makes you feel better.

And I'm going back to sleep now. Yay night shift.

Members don't see this ad.

So I got a message (seemingly from Cuit)...
that seems to be egging me on to lynch her.

I think she is trying to hide another wolf.
Not convinced it is time.

And I am awfully suspicious of how anxious TRH is to always lynch cuit.
And Why didn't you use your ability on me TRH?

lynch TRH
cause I am not convinced.

Just so everyone knows what this is about, SOV asked me to use my night ability on him (without knowing what it was). He had hoped I'd forget he said something about "stepping into the doctor's mind" way early in the thread. Anyway, he asks that I use my ability on him last night. As I already believe him to be a villager (screw driver results), I decided it was more important to use my ability on the newly resurrected devyn (leading to her lynch, I might add.) So that's why I didn't use my ability on you, SOV: because you say you don't even know what it does, meaning I have no idea what it does either, and I'd rather continue to catch wolves when the opportunity presents itself rather than activate an ability of someone without known or even slightly hinted at consequences.

I'm anxious to lynch cuit because I want this game to be over. We've gone through what feels like twenty wolves and I feel like we villagers deserve the win for pure endurance at this point. Lynching cuit holds zero consequences for the villagers - we can't accidentally lynch someone that's a villager and cuit can be blocked at night (as she was last night) preventing a villager death. The fact that she was blocked last night suggests to me that she's the last one left. If that reasoning seems way out of left field, please explain what the better course of action is.

Members don't see this ad :)
But if cuit was the last wolf now, our lynch before devyn was resurrected should have worked because she still would have been the only wolf then. This is a very poor sentence.

I share some suspicion of TRH, but I don't know if I would go so far as to try to lynch her....I get what you're saying SOV, but I'm hesitant. I really think that this rez was the last call.

I'll have to think on it.....

Way to go villagers! You figured it out, clever clever SOV ;)

Devyn was revived N14 and then we lynched cuit again on D15 so WTF is correct and cuit was not alone.

Even though there was no kill, is there a possibility that every time we block cuit she converts someone that same night?

4 converts (that we know of) following N14. So roughly once every 3-4 days, and it's been N16 so far.

How many no kill nights have we had? I wanna figure out if there's a definite correlation between no kill nights and converts, and see if there may have been another convert around before. Because if there isn't and cuit was definitely blocked last night, then maybe she is the last wolf. Especially if she does seem to be egging people on to vote her...

Ok guys thanks for letting me know. I feel like we've tried to lynch cuit so many times now that it all just runs together. lynch cuit

Members don't see this ad :)
Here's why we shouldn't lynch cuit in mathematical terms...

Scenario 1: We lynch cuit now.
9 players. assume 2 wolves. 7 villagers.
lynch cuit. still 7-2
wolves kill. 6-2
lynch someone other than cuit. 1 in 4 chance of wolf. assume we are wrong. 5-2
wolves kill 4-2
lynch someone other than cuit. 1 in 3 chance of wolf . assume we are wrong..3 -2
wolves kill 2-2 game over wolves win.

we only get 2 chance to find the wolf in scenario 1.

Scenario 2: we wait.
9 players. assume 2 wolves. 7 villagers.
lynch someone 1 in 4.5 chance of wolf. we are wrong. 6-2
wolves kill 5-2
lynch someone 1 in 3.5 chance of wolf we are wrong. 4-2
wolves kill 3-2
lynch someone 1 in 2.5 chance of wolf. if we are wrong 2-2 game over wolves win.

in scenario 2 we get 3 chances to find the wolf. and the odds are better for the last 2.

The biggest risk is if there are conversions every certain number of nights. And tonight is one of them, and if we wait Cuit can bring a new wolf.

So do we play the odds and lynch someone, or do we think conversions are every certain number of nights. Cyndia is right.... we have to figure that out.

Well we could compile a list of when items and when there were no kills and when specific roles were used?

The no kill N3 was not due to conversion. That was due to my role.

###lynch cuit###

Unless someone knows who the other wolf is.

I hate to say it but I agree with SOV. Unfortunately , although that method has a higher success probability in terms of a villager win, it will take down a lot of innocents in the process.

It would not be an outright blind lynch if not picking Cuit. I personally think FFM or hedgie if I had to choose, but personally, I think the rez was the last hurrah - why wait to rez someone when you can still convert? Seems converting would be the wiser choice in that case instead of drawing attention to a new player.

Lynch someone else if you want, but don't be silly and choose me when I've been helping catch wolves (as recently as the last cycle). If we're talking odds...If you lynch me, you only have the screw driver to determine potential wolves; with me, you have twice the chance of catching a wolf.

I hate to say it but I agree with SOV. Unfortunately , although that method has a higher success probability in terms of a villager win, it will take down a lot of innocents in the process.
innocents.jpg

Sorry SDN didn't copy the post I was referring to. That's my concern TRH that cuit can still convert and that it only affects the kill ability.

Innocents will die anyway.
In the end, it is a choice between whether we want the wolves to pick who to die, or give us a chance to pick.
I prefer us...

Also, do we think Cuit could still convert when blocked? Because she was certainly blocked last night.
I have never allowed blocking to affect conversions... in general blocking affects a role ability... conversion is more of a group wolf thing. NOt saying it has to be that way, but that is the general way of the world.

Innocents will die anyway.
In the end, it is a choice between whether we want the wolves to pick who to die, or give us a chance to pick.
I prefer us...

Agreed, and your logic is sound, but I can also definitely see a game mechanic where the alpha has a one time rez ability when he or she is the only one left as well. I mean, if the wolves had an intrinsic rez ability, why save it until now? I mean were at N16 or so. That's a long time to wait.

Blahh... I don't disagree with SOV's logic at all. It makes perfect sense. I just don't know who to go after first...
Lynch cuit

If this doesn't work then we know for a fact that the blocking only affects the killing ability and not the conversion.

I'd like to close it out now, but I don't have time til about deadline, so deadline will stand... give you an hour to wafel, but it seems minds are made up.

Well.. I don't feel great about a cuit lynch, but I don't have concrete enough suspicions on anyone else... So *****lynch cuit****** and fingers crossed there isn't someone else.

Hope I am wrong. Would be nice to live to the end as a villager in a win for the second straight game. Not sure i have ever accomplished that feat.

For SOV:
Living to the end of a game....rare
Not getting converted or being a wolf.... rare.
On the winning side...not so rare, but not always
All of those things happening to times in a row.....priceless.

Official Tally:
Cuit 8 (FFM, Cuit, TRH, Hedgie, WTF, Alors, FF, Cyndia)
TRH 1 (SOV)

9/9!

tumblr_m8kd773Ivg1rdr9rpo1_500.gif

So frustrating. Vote is essentially over in 2 WW games...and both mods are making us wait ( not complaining about mods...just my lack of patience).

I clearly have nothing I want to do tonight.

Mrssov is studying as usual. She is such a good student. Puts me to shame.