Official Holiday WW Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Updated lynch tally:

nohika 4 -(FFM, Lissarae06, orcagirl, wldlf)
Kakurubird 5 -(kaydubs, tropictuco, T4C, nohika, EngrSC)
orcagirl 1 -(swingnsave)
shortnsweet 2 -(zanydogz, DVMD)
EngrSC 1 -(SOV)
krist 1 -(Wolfspeaker)
swingnsave 2 -(shortnsweet, devyn)
foxhunter 1 -(philliab)
hedgiehog 1 -(FTB)
jdh 1 -(LIS)
SOV 1 - (Packen)

I am pretty sure this is right.... will double check it too.

Members don't see this ad.

Updated lynch tally:

nohika 4 -(FFM, Lissarae06, orcagirl, wldlf)
Kakurubird 5 -(kaydubs, tropictuco, T4C, nohika, EngrSC)
orcagirl 1 -(swingnsave)
shortnsweet 2 -(zanydogz, DVMD)
EngrSC 1 -(SOV)
krist 1 -(Wolfspeaker)
swingnsave 2 -(shortnsweet, devyn)
foxhunter 1 -(philliab)
hedgiehog 1 -(FTB)
jdh 1 -(LIS)
SOV 1 - (Packen)

I am pretty sure this is right.... will double check it too.

Got this same thing again after checking it over... this should be the right tally.

The villagers have spoken and they decide that kakuru bird is the least trustworthy. Maybe she was undermining the citizens.

Thy string her up with some brightly colored lights. kakurubird, a villager is dead.

Night deadline is still 8 pm

Members don't see this ad :)
Sigh. Every game I keep arguing that the mayor should burn the veto on the first lynch (barring something like some lucky first-night investigation or something, obviously) because I believe that over many games the villagers would get better overall use out of the lynch than the lucky once or twice in a blue moon it's actually useful late in the game.... and then I chickened out and didn't do it because I know how many people disagree with me.

Sorry Kakuru. Guess I should have stuck to my intentions.

Sigh. Every game I keep arguing that the mayor should burn the veto on the first lynch (barring something like some lucky first-night investigation or something, obviously) because I believe that over many games the villagers would get better overall use out of the lynch than the lucky once or twice in a blue moon it's actually useful late in the game.... and then I chickened out and didn't do it because I know how many people disagree with me.

Sorry Kakuru. Guess I should have stuck to my intentions.

Yeah, but then we are still stuck in the exact same position for the second lynch, so probably wouldn't help out in the long run.

Yeah, but then we are still stuck in the exact same position for the second lynch, so probably wouldn't help out in the long run.

I disagree. It helps because the majority of the time the villagers will get two nights information at the cost of 2 villagers instead of 3 villagers. The numbers alone right there make it probably worthwhile.

If people used the lynch effectively late game fairly often - heck, even more than once in a rare while - I wouldn't feel this way. But it's SO rare that to me we ought to find a way to get more use out of it. And I think vetoing most first lynches is it.

Jdh would say we should lynch a player who usually plays a 'good wolf'. I disagree, but I at least appreciate that Jdh is trying to push for making <some good use> of the first lynch, as opposed to just randomly hoping we hit a wolf, but usually not.

I disagree. It helps because the majority of the time the villagers will get two nights information at the cost of 2 villagers instead of 3 villagers. The numbers alone right there make it probably worthwhile.

If people used the lynch effectively late game fairly often - heck, even more than once in a rare while - I wouldn't feel this way. But it's SO rare that to me we ought to find a way to get more use out of it. And I think vetoing most first lynches is it.

Jdh would say we should lynch a player who usually plays a 'good wolf'. I disagree, but I at least appreciate that Jdh is trying to push for making <some good use> of the first lynch, as opposed to just randomly hoping we hit a wolf, but usually not.

Yeah... but using the veto on the first lynch could also mean that you save a wolf, what slight chance that is.... Is it really worth it? I agree that it rarely ever helps the villagers towards the end, but is it really going to be worth it in the beginning when you are just as unsure if the person that ends up getting lynched is a wolf or villager?

:( Though I do appreciate all those who commented that I play a good wolf. Thanks guys.

Yeah... but using the veto on the first lynch could also mean that you save a wolf, what slight chance that is.... Is it really worth it?

In my estimation? Yes, it's worth it. The odds of helping the villagers dramatically exceeds the odds of helping the wolves; significantly enough that I think that over the course of many games it would be worthwhile.

Members don't see this ad :)
In my estimation? Yes, it's worth it. The odds of helping the villagers dramatically exceeds the odds of helping the wolves; significantly enough that I think that over the course of many games it would be worthwhile.

We will have to agree to disagree on this one.

(Told you it would happen eventually... :p)

I feel like there's not a whole lot going on here, which is actually good for me. It just means that I have to clean now, though the real purpose for that is for a home visit this weekend. Hopefully I'll be getting a Boston soon.

I am with LIS on this one. Being forced to lynch is an advantage to wolves... to the degree you can delay that, you are helping the villagers amass info. I would always elect to defer a lynch until there was a solid lead, not surety, but more than just a vague guess.

Villagers kill more important roles than wolves in games with lots of roles. Better to keep those roles around. In a game with fewer roles the odds even out (so maybe in this one)..

I am with LIS on this one. Being forced to lynch is an advantage to wolves... to the degree you can delay that, you are helping the villagers amass info. I would always elect to defer a lynch until there was a solid lead, not surety, but more than just a vague guess.

Villagers kill more important roles than wolves in games with lots of roles. Better to keep those roles around. In a game with fewer roles the odds even out (so maybe in this one)..

So.. how is this any different than the games where we have the player that can't be lynched until something/someone else happens/dies first? And yet in those situations most people have been against trying to keep lynching that person while we wait for more information, because waiting for more information is also wasting time and gives wolves the ability to kill at night... so they may not be getting 2 in a cycle but we aren't gaining ground either by just sitting on our hands and whistling while waiting for info. We are still losing 1 at night and we aren't giving ourselves even the slight, mediocre chance of gaining a step during the day cycle.

Another night of caroling, but this time cut short with a scream. And not a happy scream.

Terrified onlookers watch as a an upset tiger bats around a lifeless Lissarae. It seems someone doused in her in snowballs of catnip and poultry taste before loosing the big cat. They safely dart the tiger and send it to a reserve.

When the beast is away, they can see that lissarae, a villager has been mauled.

images

Whoville:
1. lissarae - villager
2. swingnsave
3. wldlfstdnt
4. The LIS
5. Foxhunter

North Pole:
1. zany
2. DVMD
3. orcagirl
4. tropictuco
5. Krist

Island of Misfit Toys:
1. kakuru - villager
2. wolfspeaker
3. equineconstant - villager
4. T4C
5. EngrSC

Polar Express:
1. jdh
2. FFM
3. FTB
4. devyn
5. SOV

London - Muppet Version:
1. Philliab
2. nohika
3. kaydubs
4. SnS
5.hedgie
6.Packen

Lynch deadline is 11 am tomorrow morning.

I hate losing villagers. :(

I had Frosty's hat, but I lost it last night. I'm not sure what it does. The description didn't tell me anything about it really. It talked about magic so I thought it might work on its own. Turns out it doesn't, but by the time I got that message night was over (I was cleaning when it was originally sent). That being said, I didn't use it.

I hate losing villagers. :(

I had Frosty's hat, but I lost it last night. I'm not sure what it does. The description didn't tell me anything about it really. It talked about magic so I thought it might work on its own. Turns out it doesn't, but by the time I got that message night was over (I was cleaning when it was originally sent). That being said, I didn't use it.

poor lissa :(

maybe the hat revives someone with "magic"? Like it brings Frosty (another player) to life/back to life?

poor lissa :(

maybe the hat revives someone with "magic"? Like it brings Frosty (another player) to life/back to life?

Good thinking. I hope it's in good hands if that's the case.

Are you guys effing kidding me? I guess I will just stick to modding from now on. It's the only way I survive past the first three rounds.

:( I have no idea what's going on...

As far as the discussion on lynching goes...I really can't comment on the history of WWs but I like SOV's point of lynching the silent players--people forced into talking are more likely to slip up. But then again true villagers can paint themselves into a corner too; last game Trematode had so many holes in her story that I think everyone was positive she was a wolf. So...I can talk myself into either viewpoint.

{/totally pointless post}

I like SOV's point of lynching the silent players--people forced into talking are more likely to slip up.

It's not just that they're more likely to slip up, but that if they're silent they aren't contributing other than their tally value in the "villager" column. Better to keep around a talking villager than a non-talking villager because the former is more likely to be useful.

I've never been a fan of the "don't lynch someone because they're quiet" thing. I've abused it a number of times as a wolf when things are starting to swing against me - just clam up, post in a bunch of other threads, let people conclude you're silenced, and you can more often than not squeak out another day before they finally get around to lynching you. If you have a role that's useful to the wolves, that's one more night of using it, which can be important.

And I presume other people have opted for the same tactic sometimes as wolves.

All in all, I lynch who I suspect. Just my way to play, I guess. My hit rate is certainly no worse than DVMD's. :)

All in all, I lynch who I suspect. Just my way to play, I guess. My hit rate is certainly no worse than DVMD's. :)

No, it probably isn't, but you are much more reluctant to voice your suspicions than I am... I probably have a worse hit rate simply because I am not reluctant to say, "so and so did this and that is suspicious to me" and see what others think. Lately everyone has made me suspicious, I think people are starting to get much better at this game and I have been having a harder time reading people.

No, it probably isn't, but you are much more reluctant to voice your suspicions than I am... I probably have a worse hit rate simply because I am not reluctant to say, "so and so did this and that is suspicious to me" and see what others think. Lately everyone has made me suspicious, I think people are starting to get much better at this game and I have been having a harder time reading people.

Not that I would ever admit to it, but it's hypothetically maybe sorta kinda possible that I could have slightly almost said something vaguely intentionally quirky just to muck with your radar in a recent game.

Not that I would ever admit to it, but it's hypothetically maybe sorta kinda possible that I could have slightly almost said something vaguely intentionally quirky just to muck with your radar in a recent game.

:eek:

Ok this doesn't surprise me, which game? Usually I try to ignore just about everything wolves say once they have been identified.

The grinch's heart is out and about. Floating around, as it were.

Had it last night but it be gone now. Perhaps a role be in need of it.

Had this last night. Was hoping it could maybe revive EC, but that was a no go.

I would like to think if we got it to the Grinch he might become good (assuming he is a bad role right now stealing toys or something)?

Or maybe we all need to stand around the tree and sing until the heart grows.

Sorry for being MIA yesterday. Work was really rough. I probably won't be around much today either so *****lynch jdh*****. I'll try to check in before the deadline.

I feel like this reeks of set-up because of what I posted about LIS and SOV being suspicious as soon as Lissa gets killed.

Sorry if that got you killed Lissa :(

It is still pretty early on the other side of the pond, so I'll wait before casting any lynch votes to see if there was any info last night.

Does Krist even know we started? You added her to the last spot if I remember correctly.

Correct that I added her to the last spot.

But she is a dirty, back-stabbing, wily wolf, so that could be a ploy. Then she will pop up innocently to defend herself as if she weren't watching. So I don't trust that she really doesn't know or not. I am sticking to my strategy until we get some INFO or some compelling logic.

But she is a dirty, back-stabbing, wily wolf, so that could be a ploy. Then she will pop up innocently to defend herself as if she weren't watching. So I don't trust that she really doesn't know or not. I am sticking to my strategy until we get some INFO or some compelling logic.

I dunno...I kinda think that is a poor reason to lynch someone, especially considering for most of you it is exam time. Not everyone can be on SDN 24/7.

Has anyone in the North Pole heard from her/messaged her?

I dunno...I kinda think that is a poor reason to lynch someone, especially considering for most of you it is exam time. Not everyone can be on SDN 24/7.

Nah, I am not accepting that excuse anymore. If you sign up for a WW game, you should be able to find 5 minutes a day to make a few posts . Miss a day once in a while is acceptable....but too many wolves have just been keeping mostly quiet at the beginning of the game while we lynch all the people who strategize and say anything mildly controversial.

it is encouraging a conservative boring style that I don't want to become a habit.

People who legitimately can't play, need to think twice about signing up. Maybe I am being a bastard, but I like participation... not trying to avoid notice... And I had started to become very quiet in WW games as a wolf and a villager just not to get lynched. That is craziness.

No..... quiet people are getting lynched. No more hiding in the background for wolves if we get my way. Everyone talks, there is more to analyze.
No info=wolves paradise.

Anyway... I am off to the powerpoints... I too have finals to study for. :p

I could agree with that. She hasn't responded to the group PMs yet. Which could be her lying low, or it could mean she doesn't know the game has started. :confused:

I have no idea who to lynch yet.

Orca sent out a group PM, and trop, orca and I have sent a couple PMs back and forth, haven't heard from krist or zany, IIRC... Not sure about zany, have to double check but I know I haven't heard from krist.

Two possibilities I see:

She is busy IRL and doesn't know we started - so she could actually be a wolf or a villager, greater odds of villager

She is a wolf and using an odd technique at flying under the radar - highly doubtful though.

Lynch DVMD

Reasons:
- not as accusatory as usual, although still going at it with LIS, so that is amusing
- would not put it past her to kill off Lissa to try and place blame on other veteran WW players, she is evil like that :smuggrin:
- obviously a nocturnal animal because she is up at 4AM ;)

Two possibilities I see:

She is busy IRL and doesn't know we started - so she could actually be a wolf or a villager, greater odds of villager

She is a wolf and using an odd technique at flying under the radar - highly doubtful though.

Lynch DVMD

Reasons:
- not as accusatory as usual, although still going at it with LIS, so that is amusing
- would not put it past her to kill off Lissa to try and place blame on other veteran WW players, she is evil like that :smuggrin:
- obviously a nocturnal animal because she is up at 4AM ;)

Nope I am just a villager. Honestly I have been insanely busy this weekend... I haven't been home much except at 4AM ;)

I have been cleaning all morning and I am about to head to the store. Nobody is really talking so there aren't any "vibes" to pick up on at the moment although if I had to pick I would say jdh was kind of off his rocker yesterday and SOV is being a bit forward, but he always seems suspicious.

-I would never kill Lissa like that... that happens to both her and I all the time. I know how that the feels and I am NOT that kind of person. I also have yet to say anything about Lissa's death or accuse anyone of it so saying that I would try to use that to put blame on other veterans is not true, if that were the case I would have done so long ago.

Nah, I am not accepting that excuse anymore. If you sign up for a WW game, you should be able to find 5 minutes a day to make a few posts . Miss a day once in a while is acceptable....but too many wolves have just been keeping mostly quiet at the beginning of the game while we lynch all the people who strategize and say anything mildly controversial.

it is encouraging a conservative boring style that I don't want to become a habit.

People who legitimately can't play, need to think twice about signing up. Maybe I am being a bastard, but I like participation... not trying to avoid notice... And I had started to become very quiet in WW games as a wolf and a villager just not to get lynched. That is craziness.

No..... quiet people are getting lynched. No more hiding in the background for wolves if we get my way. Everyone talks, there is more to analyze.
No info=wolves paradise.

Anyway... I am off to the powerpoints... I too have finals to study for. :p

I guess I have missed a lot of games, I don't remember when you were ever quiet in a game:p

BUT, I do appreciate the sentiment of this post. As both a player and a mod, I hate it when people don't play. Which is why I don't play when I am really busy. Granted, things come up IRL and you can't always avoid that, but still...it's more fun for everyone when people participate. I don't me TW and Abney level here (where are you guys??), but at least a little. Based on this soap box declaration, I might actually change my vote...

Orca sent out a group PM, and trop, orca and I have sent a couple PMs back and forth, haven't heard from krist or zany, IIRC... Not sure about zany, have to double check but I know I haven't heard from krist.

I've heard from Zany. I think the message was replied to all, but it's possible she mistakenly didn't.

You know it sucks that Krist may not even know the game is going on. But we might actually do her a favor by lynching her. It'll let her take care of things IRL.

Nope I am just a villager. Honestly I have been insanely busy this weekend... I haven't been home much except at 4AM ;)

I have been cleaning all morning and I am about to head to the store. Nobody is really talking so there aren't any "vibes" to pick up on at the moment although if I had to pick I would say jdh was kind of off his rocker yesterday and SOV is being a bit forward, but he always seems suspicious.

-I would never kill Lissa like that... that happens to both her and I all the time. I know how that the feels and I am NOT that kind of person. I also have yet to say anything about Lissa's death or accuse anyone of it so saying that I would try to use that to put blame on other veterans is not true, if that were the case I would have done so long ago.

Eh, I didn't feel overly strong about the vote, so I am willing to waffle. I didn't mean to say that you have accused any veterans, obviously you haven't - I was just saying I wouldn't put it past you

unlynch DVMD - for now ;)
lynch krist

I am joining the SOV soap box.