Official Holiday WW Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Morning everyone. I am going to try and keep up today, but have a busy day.

Sent from my PC36100 using SDN Mobile

Members don't see this ad.

lynch Philliab

usually much more talkative, but not in this thread apparently. Other than that no true suspicions.

I think there has to be a mid-level wolf out there, someone who's been in a few games but not been a wolf that often. That's the kind of person who would kill lissa to put suspicion on veterans. TBH most of the veterans have sympathy for lissa since she dies early so often.

Eh, I didn't feel overly strong about the vote, so I am willing to waffle. I didn't mean to say that you have accused any veterans, obviously you haven't - I was just saying I wouldn't put it past you

unlynch DVMD - for now ;)
lynch krist

I am joining the SOV soap box.

Then you need to get to know me better, I am not that mean.

I do find it funny that you are trying to pin Lissa's death on me like you claim that I would have done to another veteran player... But I am going to let it go.

I agree with SOV that I am sick of people just sitting in the background and not participating so for now I will go with that but if something else comes up I am willing to change my vote.

Lynch krist

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm not trying to defend quiet people SOV. I agree with you that if you sign up to play you should play. I know she's a damn good wolf...i've been one with her many times. But it's not like Krist to not check in or not tell us she has something going on IRL. When that has happened before, she said "kill me, it's ok", hence my thinking she has no idea the game started.

I don't really want to bandwagon because I am not sure if Krist just hasn't been on in a while and doesn't know the game is going on, or if she's just not talking. She was a lot more talkative, especially in PMs in the first game I was in a group with her.

Then again while I was writing this I did a little snooping. Turns out she posted in the lounge game yesterday. That makes her look awfully fishy in my book. It's not hard to return a PM or say hi in the thread to let people know you're busy.

lynch krist

I'm not trying to defend quiet people SOV. I agree with you that if you sign up to play you should play. I know she's a damn good wolf...i've been one with her many times. But it's not like Krist to not check in or not tell us she has something going on IRL. When that has happened before, she said "kill me, it's ok", hence my thinking she has no idea the game started.

I would agree with you, if I hadn't sent a PM and our group hadn't been replying to all. She's gotten multiple messages from us about the game. You think she would at least say something.

I would agree with you, if I hadn't sent a PM and our group hadn't been replying to all. She's gotten multiple messages from us about the game. You think she would at least say something.

Yeah also not like her...she usually responds to messages. I'm confused.

Same here. But I think it makes me suspicious. I'm going to leave my lynch vote. It would suck to get another villager, but it's better than RNG at this point.

I'm going to start cleaning my house. I'll probably be off for a handful of hours.

Checking in.

As much as I hate lynching quiet people who might be silenced, I'll have to agree with everyone that this is not normal for Krist. She's been quiet even in the lounge game so lynch Krist

Members don't see this ad :)
Same here. But I think it makes me suspicious. I'm going to leave my lynch vote. It would suck to get another villager, but it's better than RNG at this point.

I'm going to start cleaning my house. I'll probably be off for a handful of hours.

Blech...i'm not sure how great I feel about it. But Lynch Krist.

Had this last night. Was hoping it could maybe revive EC, but that was a no go.

I would like to think if we got it to the Grinch he might become good (assuming he is a bad role right now stealing toys or something)?

Or maybe we all need to stand around the tree and sing until the heart grows.

Aw, thanks for trying! :love:

I'm kind of flattered that the wolves thought I was dangerous enough to kill off first. :laugh:

Sorry all I am here just been super busy...I read all the group Pms and I really have nothing to contribute so didn't respond, nor do I have anything to contribute to the thread so hence no posting. If I had something to say, I definitely would. The game did start earlier than I was expecting so i did miss the whole first day. Anyway you can lynch me if you want, im just a villager, I had a sleigh the first two nights but nothing happened and then I lost it.

Sorry guys for being so quiet, maybe I shouldn't have played but I wanted to try. I promise I'm not sitting on info or anything, if I had something useful to contribute i really would say so.

Sorry for not being around much yet this game....finals and spending time with hubby have kept me busy.

With no other information and heading off to breakfast this am, I'll vote to lynch krist.

And no, quiet is not my normal playing style but it has been since vet school started :(

For my vote, I'm gonna go with a bandwagoner and say ####lynch orcagirl#######

Too slow with my post....unlynch krist

lynch orca just a feeling that she seems more active than normal? :shrug: Nothing more than that.

My eyes are majorly hazy - really hard to focus on the computer screen..... was hoping they would be better by now.... but not so much :(

so as my feeling goes...

lynch WS

Too slow with my post....unlynch krist

lynch orca just a feeling that she seems more active than normal? :shrug: Nothing more than that.

Thanks. It's nice to have time to actually play. I promise I'll be more quiet come Monday. I've had nearly nothing to do this weekend and my class ended at 10:30 yesterday morning. I resorted to spending my time stalking the available dogs I want to adopt, reading all the posts on dogshaming and refreshing this page. I will admit this is probably the least busy I've been since before starting high school. Vet school seems like a piece of cake (as far as time management) compared to undergrad. I'm doing fun things and I don't have to try to do things to improve my application anymore. And being quiet has gotten me killed in too many games. :(

Now that krist has said something, I feel like I shouldn't lynch her. Though last game when I changed my vote because of someone's defense they killed me. I want to waffle, but I don't know who else to lynch. :confused:

Sorry all I am here just been super busy...I read all the group Pms and I really have nothing to contribute so didn't respond, nor do I have anything to contribute to the thread so hence no posting. If I had something to say, I definitely would. The game did start earlier than I was expecting so i did miss the whole first day. Anyway you can lynch me if you want, im just a villager, I had a sleigh the first two nights but nothing happened and then I lost it.

Sorry guys for being so quiet, maybe I shouldn't have played but I wanted to try. I promise I'm not sitting on info or anything, if I had something useful to contribute i really would say so.

I just want to say a few of those PMs involved sharing what other items we might have and you could have just said hi back. That's all the first PM said. I was only checking in with everyone. So not having something to say doesn't seem like a good excuse.

Official Tally:
JDH 2 - hedgie, kaydubs
Krist 7 - SOV, packen, DVMD, orca, Zany, Tropic, SNS
Philliab 1 - FTB
Nohika 1 - FFM
Orca 2 - Krist, philliab
WS 1 - devyn

14/23 players. Can you make the 75%

thats why it makes it interesting...

Tell you what, let's extend until 1 pm EST

Forgot to come on and vote before work this morning, so THANK YOU!

Not feeling the Krist lynch and I have no feelings on anyone, yet. (Except you Devyn. ;) I haven't said anything to make anyone want to lynch me, yet :laugh:)

RNG says:

Lynh Hedgie

Just got home from buying Christmas decorations...

3 more people need to vote for the "surprise".

I am having second thoughts on the krist lynch... not sure it is the best way to go, but also don't have anything better. I almost want to lynch Packen for doing exactly what she claimed I would do... something about that is still bothering me.

I just want to say a few of those PMs involved sharing what other items we might have and you could have just said hi back. That's all the first PM said. I was only checking in with everyone. So not having something to say doesn't seem like a good excuse.

umm to me saying "hi" = worthless. and I don't feel comfortable sharing items early on especially when I still have them. I had absolutely nothing valuable to contribute that I wanted to (since I still had the sleigh at the time and didn't know what it could do). I've never been a huge fan of "checking in" because I'm not exactly sure what good it does.

umm to me saying "hi" = worthless. and I don't feel comfortable sharing items early on especially when I still have them. I had absolutely nothing valuable to contribute that I wanted to (since I still had the sleigh at the time and didn't know what it could do). I've never been a huge fan of "checking in" because I'm not exactly sure what good it does.

And you like avoiding me... :p

Just got home from buying Christmas decorations...

3 more people need to vote for the "surprise".

I am having second thoughts on the krist lynch... not sure it is the best way to go, but also don't have anything better. I almost want to lynch Packen for doing exactly what she claimed I would do... something about that is still bothering me.

******lynch jdh*******

I'm doing this only to help hit the number dvmd referred to. I'm not caught up on the thread and won't be for a half hour or so. Will change my vote if there's time at that point and a compelling reason to do so.

I'm sorry if you are a villager. It doesn't sit right with me lynching you, but I feel this is somewhat similar to the argument we had when I was a wolf and you were a villager. You were accusing me of not PMing enough and I was saying I didn't really have anything to say.

Official Tally:
JDH 2 - hedgie, kaydubs
Krist 6 - packen, DVMD, orca, Zany, Tropic, SNS
Philliab 1 - FTB
Nohika 1 - FFM
Orca 2 - Krist, philliab
WS 1 - devyn
hedgie 1 - WS
foxhunter 1 - SOV
kaydubs 1 - LIS

Voting closed, results pending

I feel like this reeks of set-up because of what I posted about LIS and SOV being suspicious as soon as Lissa gets killed.

Sorry if that got you killed Lissa :(

Sure does. I think one of two things happened:

1) The wolves took advantage of your post to try and get SOV lynched. I think more likely him than me because a) I've probably been investigated by now, and b) I'd just veto my own lynch anyway.

2) Alternative theory - SOV is a wolf and took opportunity of that comment to kill Lissa because he knew it'd look like the wolves were just trying to set him/me up so it'd be a low-risk move for him. He's enough of a mind-fracker to do something like that, but I don't really believe it.

So I think #1. :)

Nah, I am not accepting that excuse anymore. If you sign up for a WW game, you should be able to find 5 minutes a day to make a few posts . Miss a day once in a while is acceptable....but too many wolves have just been keeping mostly quiet at the beginning of the game while we lynch all the people who strategize and say anything mildly controversial.

it is encouraging a conservative boring style that I don't want to become a habit.

Ugh. I gotta admit I totally agree with this.

... but I can also see you as a wolf deciding to roll with that because you know that at some point or another you usually look suspicious. So if you could pull something like this you'd chop down a number of innocent villagers while managing to keep yourself alive. It's totally something you'd do. :)

So you had an item for two nights and you didn't try and use it or do anything? You just sat on it?

That's not very helpful. That means you essentially took a potentially useful item out of circulation for two days..... if you aren't going to use it, pass it to somebody else!

We won't kjnow what items do, unless you use them.

Rum laced eggnog fills the towns. People are hanging wreaths, decorating trees, and viciously questioning each other.

images

Today they decide that Krist is not sharing the Christmas spirit. And like true champions of it, they drown her in eggnog.

You have killed krist, a villager

Whoville:
1. lissarae - villager
2. swingnsave
3. wldlfstdnt
4. The LIS
5. Foxhunter

North Pole:
1. zany
2. DVMD
3. orcagirl
4. tropictuco
5. Krist - villager

Island of Misfit Toys:
1. kakuru - villager
2. wolfspeaker
3. equineconstant - villager
4. T4C
5. EngrSC

Polar Express:
1. jdh
2. FFM
3. FTB
4. devyn
5. SOV

London - Muppet Version:
1. Philliab
2. nohika
3. kaydubs
4. SnS
5.hedgie
6.Packen

Night deadline by 11 pm

Just got a chance to check back in and saw that you were posting a ton Krist. Sorry I didn't get a chance to waffle earlier - but I agree with the overall theory.

DVMD (didn't hit quote so can't remember exactly what you said - speed reading through thread) - but I was not trying to say you are a mean person, you are just a good WW player, and that means I wouldn't put it past you to do some trickery and play people against each other to win. It is a game, and the point of any game is to win :cool:

Off now to drown some of my study sorrows in some eggnog - well, at least the adult part of that drink :D

DVMD (didn't hit quote so can't remember exactly what you said - speed reading through thread) - but I was not trying to say you are a mean person, you are just a good WW player, and that means I wouldn't put it past you to do some trickery and play people against each other to win. It is a game, and the point of any game is to win :cool:

Bottom Line: I never did what you claimed... You basically claimed that I would try to play people against each other for Lissa's death and then actually did what you claimed I would do.....

I think DVM would kill Lissa and then blame it on a veteran therefore I am going to blame DVM for killing Lissa.... Hypocrite, you put Lissa's death on a veteran player (me). Whether you are actually a wolf or not I don't know, but the entire thing was hypocritical and makes me wonder if you are a wolf. I can tell you right now... I would NEVER kill Lissa this early in the game as a wolf... I have been in that position too many times myself to do that to her... it absolutely sucks to join these games to play and have fun and then be the first, second, third player killed in every single game repeatedly... it gets old and makes the game almost not worth playing.

Bottom Line: I never did what you claimed... You basically claimed that I would try to play people against each other for Lissa's death and then actually did what you claimed I would do.....

I think DVM would kill Lissa and then blame it on a veteran therefore I am going to blame DVM for killing Lissa.... Hypocrite, you put Lissa's death on a veteran player (me). Whether you are actually a wolf or not I don't know, but the entire thing was hypocritical and makes me wonder if you are a wolf. I can tell you right now... I would NEVER kill Lissa this early in the game as a wolf... I have been in that position too many times myself to do that to her... it absolutely sucks to join these games to play and have fun and then be the first, second, third player killed in every single game repeatedly... it gets old and makes the game almost not worth playing.

Overreact much?

Overreact much?

It is the truth... she did to me exactly what she claimed that I would do to someone else. How is stating the truth an overreaction? Hmm... someone told me I was overreacting when WTF jumped on me right after a night cycle in a previous game and I responded back by telling her how wolfish that seemed... and she ended up being a wolf.... Guess my previous "overreaction" wasn't too far off.

Please, investigators and people with investigative items... clear me. I would like to play more than 3 or 4 rounds this time especially since finals are over and I have time to enjoy the game.

Boo...sorry Krist. I tried to give you the benefit of the doubt, but was confused when you had been posting in the lounge game but not here...was out shopping when the deadline came so I couldn't waffle after you defended:(.