**Official Maryland Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know if Maryland is still offering interviews?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
:( aww hang in there! Have you emailed them?
Thank you, you too! I did email them and they said my application is still under review and that they haven’t made any decisions yet. But that was 10 days ago so I’m not sure if that still holds since it’s so late I’m the cycle now what about you?

Thank you, you too! I did email them and they said my application is still under review and that they haven’t made any decisions yet. But that was 10 days ago so I’m not sure if that still holds since it’s so late I’m the cycle now what about you?
Late in the cycle*

Thanks. Yes, we're on the same boat. They told me to be patient after I kept on asking questions, lol. That sucks...

Thanks. Yes, we're on the same boat. They told me to be patient after I kept on asking questions, lol. That sucks...
Misery loves company lol welcome to this sad boat (but hoping we both get interviews soon!! :) )

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone gotten into the wait list or received a rejection letter after the interview?? Also think it's a good idea to send them a letter of intent to show you are still interested?? Getting bit nervous here. Second time applicant and went through the same exact thing last cycle only to hear a rejection in April

Members don't see this ad :)
I’ve decided not to attend dental school after all, so hopefully one of you gets my spot :rofl:

Good luck!

@eudemonisme @Dentgirl7654 Yeah that's all you can do! No reason to pester them; as long as you've worked hard and you've done the best on your part, all you can do is to wait! Hope you guys do here back though :)

Did anyone interviewed on 1/24 hear anything back?

Did anyone interviewed on 1/24 hear anything back?
I interviewed on 1/30 and haven’t heard anything.... hoping for the best! But as time goes on it makes me nervous. I really liked this school and want to go here. I’m in at a school and put the deposit down but really want Md.....Hope I hear soon....

Reactions: 1 users
I interviewed on 1/30 and haven’t heard anything.... hoping for the best! But as time goes on it makes me nervous. I really liked this school and want to go here. I’m in at a school and put the deposit down but really want Md.....Hope I hear soon....
Hope to hear back this friday!!

Hope to hear back this friday!!
You think something is going to happen Friday? What makes you think so, Im all for that, the sooner the better. Just wondering why you think Friday.

You think something is going to happen Friday? What makes you think so, Im all for that, the sooner the better. Just wondering why you think Friday.
Looking at the previous posts, it seems like commitee meets on certain Thursday and send out notification on friday. Since we didn't hear back last week, I'm just hoping to hear back this friday.

Looking at the previous posts, it seems like commitee meets on certain Thursday and send out notification on friday. Since we didn't hear back last week, I'm just hoping to hear back this friday.
I saw the same thing. I hope they do and we hear good news but I thought I heard not until March....hope that’s wrong!

Reactions: 2 users
I got accepted as well on December 1st. I feel like a lot of these forums can be pretty intimidating, but you don't have to be 3.8 GPA and 25 on the DAT. I had a 3.4 and 19 AA. If you're accepted, make sure to join the Facebook group so I can see who's going to be in the class! Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear back!

Reactions: 5 users
Has anyone from Jan interviews heard back anything yet?

Hey guys! I interviewed here quite recently. During wrap-up, it was discussed that the committee won't be meeting until Early to Mid-March. So, just have to be patient until then :)

Reactions: 2 users
Hey guys! I interviewed here quite recently. During wrap-up, it was discussed that the committee won't be meeting until Early to Mid-March. So, just have to be patient until then :)
LOL, sure wish it was sooner. I have to put another deposit down 4/1. really hoping not too.

Is anyone who has been accepted able to log on to SURFS or blackboard or anything with your UMID?

Is anyone who has been accepted able to log on to SURFS or blackboard or anything with your UMID?
Yeah I got the email saying my UMID is activated with a link to create ID and PW, I can log into the Blackboard

Yeah I got the email saying my UMID is activated with a link to create ID and PW, I can log into the Blackboard
When you first apply do you get a link to set up a UMID?
Don't worry about it, just focus on nailing your interview :) Many of my classmates interviewed mid January and got in
Of your classmates that interviewed in Jan when did they hear they got accepted? Just wondering as there hasn't been any news yet... not sure if thats good or bad.

Has anyone from Jan interviews heard back anything yet?
We hope again for next week lol

Of your classmates that interviewed in Jan when did they hear they got accepted? Just wondering as there hasn't been any news yet... not sure if thats good or bad.

I received the email to create the UMID right after my interview. But I haven't received any official acceptance email yet.

I received the email to create the UMID right after my interview. But I haven't received any official acceptance email yet.
Check you AADSAS status !

I got accepted as well on December 1st. I feel like a lot of these forums can be pretty intimidating, but you don't have to be 3.8 GPA and 25 on the DAT. I had a 3.4 and 19 AA. If you're accepted, make sure to join the Facebook group so I can see who's going to be in the class! Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear back!

I couldn't find the Facebook group. I called admissions and they said they don't have one.

got admitted last Dec and never got an email about UMID activation.
Anybody could share the link that you recieved for UMID? Thank you!

Creating a UMID and Password

They should give you your UMID PIN first, and you can use that to create UMID.
I received the information about setting up my UMID when first accepted the interview . Didn’t have it until Jan and am still waiting to hear back. I’m ready to go but have to get accepted first...LOL. Hope I hear soon.

see quote below. the account set up was emailed in error

correct order is ull get an acceptance email, then the account set up email and then status changes to 'offer accepted' after 1st deposit is received

To anyone wondering about receiving a UMB account set up email, I emailed the admissions office yesterday and this is what they said:

"We apologize, several others received that email in error. All of our decision emails would come from either Dr. Porter or the DDS Admissions email address."

So don't get excited yet, because receiving this email doesn't mean acceptance!

see quote below. the account set up was emailed in error

correct order is ull get an acceptance email, then the account set up email and then status changes to 'offer accepted' after 1st deposit is received
Yep that is what I heard too. I don’t get excited about anything until I get a phone call LOL. Too many screwy things happening during this period.

Interviewed 1/10 and I just received the account set-up email too... I know that is not an acceptance but do you think it could mean something soon?! Or just another error?

Interviewed 1/10 and I just received the account set-up email too... I know that is not an acceptance but do you think it could mean something soon?! Or just another error?
Probably just an error! Just wait for the official letter

Got my email acceptance!! So excited.

Reactions: 5 users
Does anyone know how many people are put on the waitlist? Like if I get on how many others will I be "competing" with (and if you do get on best of luck!)?

Status
Not open for further replies.