OFFICIAL MT. SINAI COUNTDOWN THREAD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
200th post !!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Any news today??? Anymore withdraws??? Acceptances??? etc. etc.

Members don't see this ad.

hey all
i think they might still be interviewing, maybe. i saw some people on tours over the past few days, which usually means they are there for interview i think etc...

l

Lionel do you know anyone that did the 6-week summer pre-matriculation program at Sinai?

Members don't see this ad :)
yes i do, many people. it was excellent and _very_ worthwhile. Dr.Ronan is a great guy, you get some biochem, anatomy, histology etc beforehand, helps ease you into the 1st year becuase some things are familiar...perhaps more well suited for humanities people, but other people do the program..probably 20 at most..if you just did post-bacc(i think thats what you said?) maybe it would be nice to have some time off and do something fun, and you are probably pretty well-prepared?...on the otherhand, this lets you move in early, get settled, meet some people, learn some things you'll see during the 1st half of the year etc..its really laid back, but helpful, but again, not necessary.

lionel

Is that the same program that undergrad juniors do for the humanities and medicine early acceptance program?

Lionel thanks again for coming to the rescue! Dr. Ronan is a great guy - I met him the other day and have spoken to him about the program. One thing I hear from everyone that has done the program is that it helps the acclimatization process - you know, geting used to Sinai, making new friends etc. What I would really like to know though, is the program more of a social thing or academic? I would love to do it if I know that the program is going to help me for the fall with my classes, but if it's just about getting used to the area/school etc, then I would rather work...no offense, but having worked at Sinai since last year, I would love to take a break. I just want to know if the program is going to be hardcore enough that I will learn some anatomy/physio/histo basics. As for moving in the dorms, that is a sweet hookup, but I'm planning to get my own place so that's not an issue for me.

Foxy, sorry I'm not quite sure.

E'01, hey wanna maybe e-mail me and then i'll e-mail you back my # if you want you can gimme a call?, probably be more efficient that way....i really wouldnt mind....i can answer lots o' questions..

l

ps. foxy it isnt exaclty the same thing, but its related, and offered primarily to those students etc.

Hey all,

I've been accepted, seriously considering attending. I haven't heard anything about this 6 week summer thing, how do you find out about it? And when does it start?

Also, how's the health insurance offered to students?

Thanks for any help -- lionel, it would be awesome if you could fill me in on some of this.

howdy, insurance is good(empire blue choice), its a PPO, no need for referrals etc. 12$ copays, i think 300$ deductable for out of network before they cover 80%, which is typical i think. many docs in NYC take it, obviously some dont. theres also a student health center you can goto for free, no need for dealing with the insurance. summer program is typically offered to people in the humanities program, and a few other students that are determined by some means that I'm not sure of...
l

updating

Accepted:
KDMD
E'01
Dr. G
Cali boy
Dragon Kid
Dolemite
Jargon124
Fluffy

Waitlisted:
Jase133
Oldman
Lumine
Player
Cleaner
Dr. L
Meizy
Vinsanity
doppl
jerbear

Rejected:
Tommygunn04
GG16
Choker
gmendese

Interviewed (no word yet!):
SMW
reesie0726
Blazed
barb
F#m7b5/ D#m7b5

Withdrew:
Trek
Chef (MSTP)
JJ4 (MSTP)
Scooby Doo

fluffy, when did you get accepted??

My friend received her acceptance letter this monday (the 29th).

Thanks Lionel :) I PM-ed you.

From what I was told, the program takes around 15 people per summer and it's offered to those who are non-science majors. For some reason they haven't been sending out info yet officially to people - I just happened to find out from a student. I think it may be just for URMs but I could be wrong

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone else accepted recently???

just to clarify, its not just for URMs, its mostly for people in the Humanities and Medicine program, and URMs too...

I was recently accepted (letter dated 4/24) but I declined my position yesterday.

Good luck!!

updating

Accepted:
KDMD
E'01
Dr. G
Cali boy
Dragon Kid
Dolemite
Jargon124
Fluffy

Waitlisted:
Jase133
Oldman
Lumine
Player
Cleaner
Dr. L
Meizy
Vinsanity
doppl
jerbear

Rejected:
Tommygunn04
GG16
Choker
gmendese

SMW
reesie0726
Blazed
barb
F#m7b5/ D#m7b5

Accepted but Withdrew:
Chef (MSTP)
JJ4 (MSTP)
Scooby Doo
Niki

Vinsanity, I was accepted 12/24/2001.

Thanks for filling me in lionel. I probably couldn't do the summer thing anyway, but I just wondered why I hadn't heard anything. I'll need to work this summer to save some cash. Also, thanks for the insurance info, it sounds like a good deal from the website, but I just wanted some student input as well.

I just finished my last undergrad final exam a few hours ago!!!! Graduating May 4!!!! Whohoo!

any updates????

I just got waitlisted....are everyone's waitlist letters the same? (highly acceptable designation, very favorable position, etc)?

updating

Accepted:
KDMD
E'01
Dr. G
Cali boy
Dragon Kid
Dolemite
Jargon124
Fluffy

Waitlisted:
Jase133
Oldman
Lumine
Player
Cleaner
Dr. L
Meizy
Vinsanity
doppl
jerbear
F#m7b5/ D#m7b5

Rejected:
Tommygunn04
GG16
Choker
gmendese

SMW
reesie0726
Blazed
barb

Accepted but Withdrew:
Chef (MSTP)
JJ4 (MSTP)
Scooby Doo
Niki

does anyone have an idea of how many students get waitlisted every year at Sinai??? It seems like there are alot of waitlists out there.

hey guys, i am a first year at sinai and am happy to attempt to answer any questions you may have.

•••quote:•••Originally posted by GrandMasterB:
•hey guys, i am a first year at sinai and am happy to attempt to answer any questions you may have.•••••Are you the gentleman that DJ's part-time?

How many people get waitlisted? How many get in? Are any of the waitlist letters different?

Dean Kayne said that 1/3 of the class is from the waitlist. so there is still some chance.

Are all the waitlist letters the same???

I think so. I haven't heard of another version.

Just received my waitlist letter today - updated our list:

Accepted:
KDMD
E'01
Dr. G
Cali boy
Dragon Kid
Dolemite
Jargon124
Fluffy

Waitlisted:
Jase133
Oldman
Lumine
Player
Cleaner
Dr. L
Meizy
Vinsanity
doppl
jerbear
F#m7b5/ D#m7b5
barb

Rejected:
Tommygunn04
GG16
Choker
gmendese

SMW
reesie0726
Blazed

Accepted but Withdrew:
Chef (MSTP)
JJ4 (MSTP)
Scooby Doo
Niki

Nope I'm not the DJ, but I can pass on a word to him if you like...

Well, it looks very likely I will withdraw from my waitlist at MSSM... so it's one less of us to compete for the spots that will open up. I haven't sent them the letter yet, but will in the near future. When that happens, I will update the list.

To the rest of you, good luck in the process!

•••quote:•••Originally posted by GrandMasterB:
•Nope I'm not the DJ, but I can pass on a word to him if you like...•••••Thanks but thats okay - I just wanted to know how feasible it was to hold a per diem/part time job down and go to school at the same time

Jase where are you thinking of attending??

any updates????

I got into one of my choice schools in Canada. Good luck Vinsanity!

any updates today???

Damn!! Those bums kept a ***** in suspense then waitlisted me. Well there is not much I can do now, but lay back and let them decide. Vinsanity I hope u get in, you are showing a lot of luv for that school. I have tons of fam down in P.R from San Juan to Aguardilla. Isn't Trinidad is fighting down there this Saturday?

Updating

Accepted:
KDMD
E'01
Dr. G
Cali boy
Dragon Kid
Dolemite
Jargon124
Fluffy

Waitlisted:
Jase133
Oldman
Lumine
Player
Cleaner
Dr. L
Meizy
Vinsanity
doppl
jerbear
F#m7b5/ D#m7b5
barb
Blazed

Rejected:
Tommygunn04
GG16
Choker
gmendese

SMW
reesie0726

Accepted but Withdrew:
Chef (MSTP)
JJ4 (MSTP)
Scooby Doo
Niki

trinidad fighting?? with who?? I haven't really paid much attention to the boxing scene for quite a while.

hey all: I've decided to withdraw my spot at Mt. Sinai. I'll be faxing a letter tomorrow. I hope whoever gets it enjoys!! :)

Trinidad will be fighting against Cherifi at 160 pounds, it is a warm up fight for his rematch with Hopkins in September.

Blah to Sinai!!!

Accepted:
KDMD
E'01
JJ4, MSTP
Dr. G
Scooby Doo
Cali boy
Dragon Kid

Waitlisted:
Jase133
Oldman
Barb
Lumine
Player
Cleaner

Rejected:
Tommygunn04
Daredevil

Vinsanity
SMW
Jargon124
reesie0726
Blazed

Withdrew:
Trek

Updating

Accepted:
KDMD
E'01
Dr. G
Dragon Kid
Dolemite
Jargon124
Fluffy
Bebe2

Waitlisted:
Jase133
Oldman
Lumine
Player
Cleaner
Dr. L
Meizy
Vinsanity
doppl
jerbear
F#m7b5/ D#m7b5
barb
Blazed

Rejected:
Tommygunn04
GG16
Choker
gmendese
Daredevil

SMW
reesie0726

Accepted but Withdrew:
Chef (MSTP)
JJ4 (MSTP)
Scooby Doo
Niki
Caliboy

Updating

Accepted:
KDMD
E'01
Dr. G
Dragon Kid
Dolemite
Jargon124
Fluffy
Bebe2

Waitlisted:
Oldman
Lumine
Player
Cleaner
Dr. L
Meizy
Vinsanity
doppl
jerbear
F#m7b5/ D#m7b5
barb
Blazed

Rejected:
Tommygunn04
GG16
Choker
gmendese
Daredevil

SMW
reesie0726

Accepted but Withdrew:
Chef (MSTP)
JJ4 (MSTP)
Scooby Doo
Niki
Caliboy

Waitlisted but withdrew:
Jase133

Can Mount Sinai students take grad classes at NYU?

Well... I'd just like to say that I'll miss you guys here! :)

Good luck everyone...

Good Luck Jase!!! Thanks for the support.

just graduated!!!! wahooooo!!! ok any updates???