**Official PASS 2024 Endodontic Residency Interviews/Information

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just got an email from NYU Puerto Rico that my application is under review

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys, do programs know how many times you applied?

I ask in hope that when I apply next year, programs will recognize my dedication.
They will!! Keep applying until you get in.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
UPenn really has us on the edge of our seats!!🤞🤞🤞

Can anyone here tell me about how Columbia is as a program, and insight on their interview process? Highly appreciated

Loma Linda University - Invite sent 6/28 email: Interview (July 21) Offers made
University of California at Los Angeles - Invite sent 7/10 unknown: (July 14 Zoom) Offers made
University of California at San Francisco - Invite sent 6/12 email: Interview (July 13th and 14th) Spots filled
University of Connecticut - Invite sent 6/14 unknown: Virtual interview (July 12th)- Offers made
Nova Southeastern University - Invite sent 7/10 email: Interview in person (July 27th) Offers made
University of Florida -
invite sent 6/26 email : interview (July 13th and 14th)- Offers made
Georgia Regents University (Augusta University) - Invite sent 5/30 email: Interview (July 10th) - Spots Filled

University of Illinois at Chicago - Invite sent 6/23 email: Interview (July 12th, 13th)- Spots filled
Indiana University - invite sent 6/9 email: interview (July 14th) - Spots Filled

University of Iowa - Invite sent 7/3 phone call: interview (July 10th and 11th)- Offers made
University of Louisville - invite sent 6/11 email phone call: interview (July 14th)- Spots filled
Louisiana State University - Invite sent 6/9 email: Interview (July 14th)- Spots filled
University of Maryland - Invite sent 7/7 phone call: Interview (August 4th) Offers made
Boston University - Invite sent 6/9 email: Interview (July 14th), Invite sent 6/16 email: Interview (July 6th) Offers made
Harvard University -
invite sent 6/26 email : interview (July 14th and 21st) Offers made
Tufts University - Invite sent 6/12, 6/13 email: Interview (July 14th, 17th, 18th, 20th) Offers made
University of Detroit Mercy - invite 7/19. Interview virtual 7/24 Offers made

University of Michigan - invite sent 7/17 : interview (July 31st) Offers made
University of Minnesota - invite 6/26 via phone (July 13 and 14) Offers made
Saint Louis University - invite 6/13 email: Interview (July 11th)- Spot Filled
University of Missouri-Kansas City - invite 6/20/23: interview (July 12) Offers made
University of Nebraska - invite (6/28) email; interview (7/21, 7/24) Offers Made
Rutgers School of Dental Medicine - invite (June 23); interview (July 7th)- Spots Filled
NYU Langone (Lutheran Medical Center) - invite via email 6/30, interview Jul 19, 20 Offers made
New York University - invite 6/28/23: interview (July 11th via Zoom) Spots filled
Stony Brook University - invite sent 6/12 by email: interview (July 6th) - Spots filled
University of North Carolina - invite 7/3/23 by email: interview July 27th, July 28th Spots filled
Ohio State University - invite sent 6/9 phone: interview (July 5th, July 6th) - Spots filled
Albert Einstein Medical Center - invite sent June 1st and June 13th by email: interview (July 13th) spots filled
Temple University - Invite sent July 11 email: Interview (July 26) spots filled
University of Pittsburgh -invite sent 6/26 email: interview (July 21st) Offers made
Medical University of South Carolina - Invite sent 6/15 by phone call: interview (July 10th) Offers made
Texas A&M University Baylor College of Dentistry - phone call 6/13/23: interview (July 11th) - Spots filled

University of Texas at Houston - invite sent 6/9 email: Interview (July 14th)- Offers made
University of Texas at San Antonio - invite 6/21 email: Interview (July 7th) - Offers made
Virginia Commonwealth University - invite sent 6/22 email; interview July 17th Spots Filled

University of Washington - invite sent 6/21 phone call: interview (July 10th, July 14th)- Offers made

Marquette University - Invites sent 7/18 unknown: August 4th offers made
University of Tennessee Health Science Center- invite sent unknown, interview unknown offers made
University of Alabama at Birmingham - Invite sent 6/30 email: Interview (July 7th, zoom or in-person) offers made
University of Kentucky - July 31 email. Interview August 16th offers made
University of the Pacific - Invite sent 7/18 email: interview 8/17 offers made
Columbia University - Invite sent 8/10 via email: interview Aug 15-17 and Aug 22-23 offers made

VA New York - Invite sent 6/12 email: interview (July 14th)
University of Southern California - Invites sent 7/20 email: August 9th zoom, Invite sent 8/4 email: August 16th in person
West Virginia University - Invites sent 7/18: interview July 31st
Southern Illinois University - July 17th email interview August 9th

University of Pennsylvania - August 23rd invite sent via email

Oregon Health & Science University -
Case Western Reserve University -
University at Buffalo, The State University of New York -
NYU Langone Puerto Rico -

Last edited:
For candidates that interviewed in July with Boston U, when did u hear back if you got accepted and if you weren’t, did they tell you that u were declined. PM me if you don’t want to post it.
Thank you

For candidates that interviewed in July with Boston U, when did u hear back if you got accepted and if you weren’t, did they tell you that u were declined. PM me if you don’t want to post it.
Thank you
I interviewed on July 20th and have not gotten any word from them since.

Thank you
Curious as well when folks heard back. Seems like they Make the decisions in batches? Is the class full yet?

From an instagram post from "predoc_endo_tips" it seems UofP is having interviews today

Members don't see this ad :)
Buffalo admission said they began to send invites! I don’t know details!! Anyone knows ?

Sorry, I have to clarify, UofP is University of Pacific?
I have no idea. Instagram said UofP. I'm not American so you would probably know better than I do tbh. Unsure if that's Penn or Pacific

I'm looking to apply next cycle. I have a 3.56 GPA and was ranked in the bottom half of my class (35%--I'll be honest, I didn't try because I didn't have any plans to specialize). In the last year alone I've done just shy of 400 RCTs as most of the endo's in my area don't accept medicaid (other offices refer them to my office because of that), I also do retreats, and am awaiting my first straightforward and indicated case for an apico. I've kind of heard that most of the programs do not like GPs bragging about the endo they do or think they know how to do, so I'm not sure if this is even helpful at all.

I understand that it will probably be a long shot for me, but what are some things I can do to increase my odds? Should I take the ADAT? What are the best ways to network with the programs? I'm willing to apply for 5+ years until I get in.

I heard Columbia exclusively admits students with Asian nationality. 2/3 of its residents alway are Asian same as program director.
2/3 ≠ "exclusive"...
Also, how many schools are 100% white?
The discrimination against Asian applicants literally went to the Supreme Court a couple weeks ago. Come on…

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
I'm looking to apply next cycle. I have a 3.56 GPA and was ranked in the bottom half of my class (35%--I'll be honest, I didn't try because I didn't have any plans to specialize). In the last year alone I've done just shy of 400 RCTs as most of the endo's in my area don't accept medicaid (other offices refer them to my office because of that), I also do retreats, and am awaiting my first straightforward and indicated case for an apico. I've kind of heard that most of the programs do not like GPs bragging about the endo they do or think they know how to do, so I'm not sure if this is even helpful at all.

I understand that it will probably be a long shot for me, but what are some things I can do to increase my odds? Should I take the ADAT? What are the best ways to network with the programs? I'm willing to apply for 5+ years until I get in.
I also did a lot of molar endo prior to residency, but you're correct, don't brag during the interview process. If they ask you then you can answer but stay humble, no PD wants a someone in their residency who thinks they're too good to learn. But it will definitely help you later, because after I was accepted, my PD did ask each of us how many we'd done in the past and it feels to me like he's given me a longer leash than my co-residents (fewer check-ins and not a ton of basic questions like "what clamp are you going to use?" or "what anesthetic and how are you going to administer it?")

Things to do to improve your applications: join AAE and go to the conference, listen to the webinars (a lot of them are given by program directors), if there's a program you really like then reach out and see if you can do a day visit (preferably closer to application time so they remember your face/name). Take ADAT if you have low GPA/rank and get a decent score so they know you can handle the rigor of residency.

Reactions: 3 users
I'm going to intervene and remind everyone that this thread is to help with the process and give guidance. Please direct all questions about race and gender to the PD if you feel some type of way. If you're unwilling to do that, you probably shouldn't talk about it here. I know emotions are high, but let's keep this professional. Thank you. The school list has been updated.

Reactions: 10 users
I see, though I highly doubt this - offers were made in August last year
They said the class will be complete by October. I’m thinking that’s different than offers being made by October. Offers made— accept or decline— class filled.

So hopefully offers will be made a lot sooner

Did Columbia send any acceptance?

Reactions: 1 users
I can't believe we haven't gotten word from UPenn... On their website they say they invite 40 people to interview! Have none of us been invited to interview!? Have none of us heard of someone getting an invite? ENDO TEAM UNITE!!!

I can't believe we haven't gotten word from UPenn... On their website they say they invite 40 people to interview! Have none of us been invited to interview!? Have none of us heard of someone getting an invite? ENDO TEAM UNITE!!!
They had Symposium in Thailand at the end July. Also, new residents came in at the same time. Maybe they just started to review the apps. So, hopefully we hear something this week.

Just fyi, for University of Pacific, offers have been sent out

There were a lot of people who were waiting for an interview invitation from Penn.
Have you all been invited?:cryi: losing my hope.

There were a lot of people who were waiting for an interview invitation from Penn.
Have you all been invited?:cryi: losing my hope.
I haven’t. I’m hoping the invites are still going out since there are 40 interviewees usually. I would suspect it being a few days of interviews too?

I haven’t. I’m hoping the invites are still going out since there are 40 interviewees usually. I would suspect it being a few days of interviews too?
I guess I'll just have to wait with a prayer. Good luck!!

Loma Linda University - Invite sent 6/28 email: Interview (July 21) Offers made
University of California at Los Angeles - Invite sent 7/10 unknown: (July 14 Zoom) Offers made
University of California at San Francisco - Invite sent 6/12 email: Interview (July 13th and 14th) Spots filled
University of Connecticut - Invite sent 6/14 unknown: Virtual interview (July 12th)- Offers made
Nova Southeastern University - Invite sent 7/10 email: Interview in person (July 27th) Offers made
University of Florida - invite sent 6/26 email : interview (July 13th and 14th)- Offers made
Georgia Regents University (Augusta University) - Invite sent 5/30 email: Interview (July 10th) - Spots Filled

University of Illinois at Chicago - Invite sent 6/23 email: Interview (July 12th, 13th)- Spots filled
Indiana University - invite sent 6/9 email: interview (July 14th) - Spots Filled

University of Iowa - Invite sent 7/3 phone call: interview (July 10th and 11th)- Offers made
University of Louisville - invite sent 6/11 email phone call: interview (July 14th)- Spots filled
Louisiana State University - Invite sent 6/9 email: Interview (July 14th)- Spots filled
University of Maryland - Invite sent 7/7 phone call: Interview (August 4th) Offers made
Boston University - Invite sent 6/9 email: Interview (July 14th), Invite sent 6/16 email: Interview (July 6th) Offers made
Harvard University -
invite sent 6/26 email : interview (July 14th and 21st) Offers made
Tufts University - Invite sent 6/12, 6/13 email: Interview (July 14th, 17th, 18th, 20th) Offers made
University of Detroit Mercy - invite 7/19. Interview virtual 7/24 Offers made

University of Michigan - invite sent 7/17 : interview (July 31st) Offers made
University of Minnesota - invite 6/26 via phone (July 13 and 14) Offers made
Saint Louis University - invite 6/13 email: Interview (July 11th)- Spot Filled
University of Missouri-Kansas City - invite 6/20/23: interview (July 12) Offers made
University of Nebraska - invite (6/28) email; interview (7/21, 7/24) Offers Made
Rutgers School of Dental Medicine - invite (June 23); interview (July 7th)- Spots Filled
NYU Langone (Lutheran Medical Center) - invite via email 6/30, interview Jul 19, 20 Offers made
New York University - invite 6/28/23: interview (July 11th via Zoom) Spots filled
Stony Brook University - invite sent 6/12 by email: interview (July 6th) - Spots filled
University of North Carolina - invite 7/3/23 by email: interview July 27th, July 28th Spots filled
Ohio State University - invite sent 6/9 phone: interview (July 5th, July 6th) - Spots filled
Albert Einstein Medical Center - invite sent June 1st and June 13th by email: interview (July 13th) spots filled
Temple University - Invite sent July 11 email: Interview (July 26) spots filled
University of Pittsburgh -invite sent 6/26 email: interview (July 21st) Offers made
Medical University of South Carolina - Invite sent 6/15 by phone call: interview (July 10th) Offers made
Texas A&M University Baylor College of Dentistry - phone call 6/13/23: interview (July 11th) - Spots filled

University of Texas at Houston - invite sent 6/9 email: Interview (July 14th)- Offers made
University of Texas at San Antonio - invite 6/21 email: Interview (July 7th) - Offers made
Virginia Commonwealth University - invite sent 6/22 email; interview July 17th Spots Filled

University of Washington - invite sent 6/21 phone call: interview (July 10th, July 14th)- Offers made
Marquette University - Invites sent 7/18 unknown: August 4th offers made

University of Tennessee Health Science Center- invite sent unknown, interview unknown offers made
University of Alabama at Birmingham - Invite sent 6/30 email: Interview (July 7th, zoom or in-person) offers made
University of Kentucky - July 31 email. Interview August 16th offers made

University of the Pacific - Invite sent 7/18 email: interview 8/17 offers made
Columbia University - Invite sent 8/10 via email: interview Aug 15-17 and Aug 22-23 offers made

VA New York - Invite sent 6/12 email: interview (July 14th)
University of Southern California - Invites sent 7/20 email: August 9th zoom, Invite sent 8/4 email: August 16th in person
West Virginia University - Invites sent 7/18: interview July 31st
Southern Illinois University - July 17th email interview August 9th

University of Pennsylvania - August 23rd invite sent via email. Date unknown
NYU Langone Puerto Rico - Invites sent 9/7 via email, date Sept 29th

Oregon Health & Science University -
Case Western Reserve University -
University at Buffalo, The State University of New York -

Last edited: