**Official PASS 2024 Endodontic Residency Interviews/Information

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
To you it doesn’t but it matters to other applicants. It helps them think “oh maybe I’m making the same mistake” or “maybe I have to improve in that aspect” but be selfish king. Your choice.
He/she will be panelist at the AAE, you can ask then

Members don't see this ad.

You do realize not everyone can attend right
K well that's how a lot of people increase their chances of getting in, so...

Also nobody owes anybody anything on here. People provide the info they want to provide. You should be taking everything with a grain of salt anyway.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
What should people attending the AAE Meeting do to increase their chances, should we approach and talk to program directors or residents?
Any advice will be appreciated

Biggest thing you can improve is your interview skills, nothing else matters once you get an interview.

What should people attending the AAE Meeting do to increase their chances, should we approach and talk to program directors or residents?
Any advice will be appreciated
Basically yeah. There'll be plenty of social events for you to do that with.
If some faculty at your top schools are giving talks, it's a good idea to go to those so you know what their interests are, should an interview come your way from that school.

Probably true for some programs but not true for many others
Yeah I definitely felt like the program directors already knew who they were taking for both my interviews. Not to discount achievements but it also felt very political unfortunately

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah I definitely felt like the program directors already knew who they were taking for both my interviews. Not to discount achievements but it also felt very political unfortunately
I won't deny this, I think they all have a mental ranking going into interview day. But at least at my program there have been a case of a top candidate who interviewed so badly that it was an obvious hard no despite an amazing resume.
And another case where my PD and faculty loved the candidate but all the residents did not, and he decided not to accept that person

I won't deny this, I think they all have a mental ranking going into interview day. But at least at my program there have been a case of a top candidate who interviewed so badly that it was an obvious hard no despite an amazing resume.
And another case where my PD and faculty loved the candidate but all the residents did not, and he decided not to accept that person
Without a doubt, jiving with the residents and/or PD can carry some significant weight into the decision process.

Wanted to add, all programs do selection differently. In some programs the residents have a quantifiable vote, in other programs residents have power to veto but not to select, and in other programs the residents have no say at all. Know which of the programs you interview at is which - ask their residents at AAE.

Reactions: 1 users
I was not top of my class and I got interviews to Stony Brook, Einstein and Detroit Mercy. I have 4 years experience and an AEGD. I believe my personal statement was very good and I had strong letters of rec.
Can I ask your advice on personal statements? I really need a strong personal statement and I do not want to be like any other personal statements. What made yours unique?