**Official PASS 2023 Endodontic Residency Interviews/Information

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do UT San Antonio, Houston, and A&M accept foreign-trained dentists?

UT San Antonio does. Not sure about the other two.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone,
I need your humble opinion, I am finishing up the school and want to apply again this cycle, I will start AEGD in July, my ADAT score was around 500, do you think doing AEGD will help me to get in this year or I need to retake my ADAT?how important is ADAT score??
Thanks

From what I believe, based on traditional bell curves, being above the 75th percentile puts you in the above average category, hence standing out. While getting a score like a 600+ is ideal, I would retake the test and score at least a 550 (which, based on the most recent statistics, equates to the 77th percentile), putting you in that top 25% of test takers. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
Hi everyone,
I need your humble opinion, I am finishing up the school and want to apply again this cycle, I will start AEGD in July, my ADAT score was around 500, do you think doing AEGD will help me to get in this year or I need to retake my ADAT?how important is ADAT score??
Thanks
Personally, I don't really think they care what you get. We have interviewed applicants with scores in the 400's and those in the 600's. More of a box to check. No one was ever asked about their score. Just lets you apply to programs that require it = fewer applicants and a higher acceptance chance. Take it again if you think it will give you peace of mind and make you more competitive. Just wanted to give you a perspective from the other side.

Reactions: 1 users
Personally, I don't really think they care what you get. We have interviewed applicants with scores in the 400's and those in the 600's. More of a box to check. No one was ever asked about their score. Just lets you apply to programs that require it = fewer applicants and a higher acceptance chance. Take it again if you think it will give you peace of mind and make you more competitive. Just wanted to give you a perspective from the other side.

I think it depends on your overall application. If you have a mediocre class rank, a 600 ADAT would be nice to have just to show you are capable. It’s not going to get you interviews over someone with an overall competitive application but it may just put you ahead of the people next to you which is all you need sometimes…

Hi everyone,
Thanks
If you feel you will do better then yes consider retaking. But in my opinion, it doesn't make big difference. I know someone who has ADAT score 400 something and was accepted. So it really depends on the overall application.

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know what the interview for Harvard is like? What do they ask, etc