**Official PASS 2023 Endodontic Residency Interviews/Information

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What ghosted means?
They stop communicating with you and disappear (like a ghost). Usually used in context of dating but ehhh… this application process is kinda like dating lol

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users
They stop communicating with you and disappear (like a ghost). Usually used in context with dating but ehhh… this application process is kinda like dating lol
I understand. Thank you!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
University of Alabama at Birmingham - invites sent 7/15, interview 7/22 - Spots filled
Loma Linda University -
University of California at Los Angeles - Invite sent 7/6, interview 7/12 zoom, 07/29
University of California at San Francisco - 6/29 email, 7/14 interview - Offers made
University of Southern California - invite 7/15, interview 7/26, 7/29 zoom interview
University of the Pacific - invites sent 7/15, interview 7/26, 7/28
University of Connecticut - 6/20 email & 7/7 invite, 7/20 and 7/21 interview - Spots filled
Nova Southeastern University - phone call 7/7, interviews 7/25 and 7/26
University of Florida - Invites sent, July 15th interview
Georgia Regents University (Augusta Univ) -5/31 email; 7/18 interview
University of Illinois at Chicago - 6/30 email, 7/13, 7/14 - Spots filled
Southern Illinois -
Indiana University - 6/22 email; 7/11 interview
University of Iowa - invites sent 7/7, interview 7/14 and 7/15 - Spots filled
University of Louisville - 6/5 phone; 7/15 and 7/18 interview
Louisiana State University - 6/17 email; 7/22 interview
University of Maryland - 07/11 email; 07/29 interview
Boston University - 6/8 email; 6/16, 7/14, 7/25, and 7/28 interviews
Harvard University - 6/29 email, 7/15 and 7/22 Interview - Spots filled
Tufts University - 6/16 email; 7/11, 7/12, and 7/14 interviews - Offers made
University of Detroit Mercy - 7/19 email (2nd round invite?), 7/25 virtual interview
University of Michigan - 7/14 email, interview 8/1
University of Minnesota - 6/25 phone call; interviews July 7th and 8th.
Saint Louis University - 6/10 email, 7/13 interview - Spots filled
University of Missouri-Kansas City - 6/24 email, 7/13 interview - Spots filled

University of Nebraska - 7/1 email, interview 7/21, 7/22
Rutgers School of Dental Medicine - 6/21 email, 7/8 interview and 6/24 email, 7/11 interview - Spots filled
Columbia University -
NYU Langone (Lutheran Medical Center) - invite sent 7/6, interview 7/20 and 7/21 - Spots filled
NYU Langone Puerto Rico -
New York University - email 7/05, 7/15, 7/26 interview 7/18, 7/25, 8/04 - Offers made
Stony Brook University - 6/15 email; 7/7 Zoom interview - Spots filled
University at Buffalo, The State University of New York -
University of North Carolina - 7/14 invites sent, 7/29 interview
Case Western Reserve University -
The Ohio State University - 6/21 Phone call; 7/14 and 7/15 interview - Spots filled
Oregon Health & Science University - email 7/7, 1st round interview 7/13, final round 7/27
Albert Einstein Medical Center - 6/21 email, interview 7/14 - Spots filled
Temple University - 6/28 email & 7/11 email, 7/18 interview - Offers made
University of Pennsylvania -
University of Pittsburgh - 6/22 email; 7/15 interview - Spots filled
Medical University of South Carolina - 6/27 phone call, 7/14 interview
University of Tennessee Health Science Center - email 08/05, 08/20 interview
Texas A&M University Baylor College of Dentistry - 6/13 call/ email, 7/12 interview - Spots filled
University of Texas at Houston - 6/1 and 6/13 email, 7/15 interview—Spots filled

University of Texas at San Antonio - 7/15 email, 8/5 interview
Virginia Commonwealth University - email 7/7, interview 7/22
University of Washington - 6/25 phone call, 7/8 and 7/11 interviews -- Spots filled
West Virginia University - email 08/20, 08/01 interview
Marquette University - 07/27 phone call, 08/12 interview
VA New York- 6/6 email; interview 7/8 -- Spots filled
No update on this list?

No update on this list?
Cycle is pretty much over.

Few programs (case, Marquette, USC) are still interviewing.

But assume that most, if not all of the other programs have filled their spots.

As much as I know ,Columbia and buffalo have not sent interviews yet

Reactions: 1 users

Have case sent invites?

Has anyone heard from BU? Any offer has made?

Members don't see this ad :)
I've been wondering for a long time.. it seems like no one here applied to BU
I spoke with a BU Faculty last year and what I got from this specific Faculty was very disheartening. Because I am an international applicant all kind of difficulties and hindrances were placed saying I wouldn't be successful. Not only that, this particular Faculty said I would waste time and money applying to Harvard and Tufts because of the international background. As such they wouldn't even consider the application.

• Angry
Reactions: 2 users
I spoke with a BU Faculty last year and what I got from this specific Faculty was very disheartening. Because I am an international applicant all kind of difficulties and hindrances were placed saying I wouldn't be successful. Not only that, this particular Faculty said I would waste time and money applying to Harvard and Tufts because of the international background. As such they wouldn't even consider the application.
Wow!
That's unfair and very bad, why would they write on their websites that they accept international applicants!
So basically, I wasted my money.. glad to know that :lol:

• Sad
This was my third cycle applying and finally got the good news I've been waiting for. This forum was extremely helpful (and stressful) so I figure I'd give some advice for future applicants, but most likely will be saying things everyone has heard before.

Cycle is almost over save for a few places, so if you didn't get in, take a few months off to decompress, get back on your feet, and be ready to go for the next cycle. First thing I would do is figure out which programs you are applying to. My biggest recommendation is to apply broadly, you miss 100% of the shots you don't take, and the last thing you want to do is have zero interviews because you only applied to 10 places and be kicking yourself for not giving yourself a chance at another 5 places that haven't sent out interviews yet. I understand not everyone has the luxury of applying anywhere, but the competitiveness of endo makes it very difficult to be picking and choosing where you want to apply to.

Once you have your list try and see if you can visit those programs. Most will either not respond or say no due to COVID, but if you are able to visit it's almost like an interview in and of itself. If they like you during your visit, there's a good chance they'll give you an interview when the time comes. By the same token, if you come off as over confident and full of yourself during the visit, then you won't be hearing from the program when interviews get sent. You can do a lot to help you get in before the application cycle even starts.

As many have said before, your application needs to scream endo. Getting letters from endodontists, taking endo CE, reading the JOE, being a member of AAE. I think it's of the utmost importance to attend AAE. If they ask you in your interview, "Did you attend AAE?" it doesn't look great if you tell them that you couldn't make it because you were just too busy that month. AAE is also your opportunity to meet residents, directors, other applicants, this is where you can network and put a face to a name so when that director sees your application, maybe they will remember that conversation that they had and put you in the interview pile.

Strong grades are obviously your best bet to get you in, but if you aren't at the top of your class, I highly recommend doing a GPR/AEGD instead of working straight out of school. As far as the ADAT is concerned, I took it and did well on it. Did it help me get in to the program that I got accepted to, no (I know for a fact they didn't care about it), but it did help me get an interview at a program that did care about it, and having any interview experience is invaluable, even if you don't get accepted. The more interviews, the more comfortable you will feel at the next one.

I know a lot of people that apply to endo and get zero interviews, so just getting one interview is a huge accomplishment. All it takes is one acceptance. Getting an interview feels like more than half the battle, but once you are there it can be intimidating seeing all of these very qualified candidates competing for a handful of spots. If you've gotten an interview I think the main thing they want to see at that point is this someone that fits in to our culture here and will we enjoy being around them for 2-3 years. There is definitely an element of luck at the interview. It definitely feels like a game at times, and you just have to accept that and play the game and hope it works out.

Lastly, don't give up. I know the pain of a cycle ending and realizing you have to wait another 11 months to try again, all while wondering in the back of your mind, will I ever get in? I took on the mentality that I would apply till the end of time and I really think the interviewers truly believed me when I answered their question "What will you do if you don't get in this cycle?"

Good luck, it'll all be worth it in the end!

• Love
Reactions: 15 users
That is frustrating. It is my understanding that PASS can release your name to the program to let them know you are applying but PASS does not actually send the program anything until your application is completely done.
Completely inaccurate information. They see every single thing that’s submitted live. Some PDs even reach out personally to a reviewer and ask them when they can expect their evaluation for the applicant.
Some PDs have PASS candidates organized into categories based on which docs are pending, but they can still see every other item that has been submitted. There is no magic button “PASS” presses to forward your completed application to your institutions. PASS is merely a web portal that is licensed by ADEA, just like medicine, veterinary etc etc.

Any update from Buffalo ? Did they send invitations?

I got it too! Do you think that who receives this email will definitely get interview? :unsure:
I also got it, and it definitely felt like an interview is in the cards. Since they sent a previous email saying they received our applications, and then a follow up email specifically saying they selected our app and forwarded it for the final review. It'd be different if they said your app is complete and it will be forwarded to the committee to be reviewed. Fingers crossed. It's been a very tough month. I didn't realize how competitive the specialty is. Hoping we all get a spot.

I also got it, and it definitely felt like an interview is in the cards. Since they sent a previous email saying they received our applications, and then a follow up email specifically saying they selected our app and forwarded it for the final review. It'd be different if they said your app is complete and it will be forwarded to the committee to be reviewed. Fingers crossed. It's been a very tough month. I didn't realize how competitive the specialty is. Hoping we all get a spot.

If you look at the ratio of applicants to those accepted, the specialty is nearing the same as OMFS and ortho. ADEA publishes the stats every year. It certainly is becoming more competitive.

This was my third cycle applying and finally got the good news I've been waiting for. This forum was extremely helpful (and stressful) so I figure I'd give some advice for future applicants, but most likely will be saying things everyone has heard before.

Cycle is almost over save for a few places, so if you didn't get in, take a few months off to decompress, get back on your feet, and be ready to go for the next cycle. First thing I would do is figure out which programs you are applying to. My biggest recommendation is to apply broadly, you miss 100% of the shots you don't take, and the last thing you want to do is have zero interviews because you only applied to 10 places and be kicking yourself for not giving yourself a chance at another 5 places that haven't sent out interviews yet. I understand not everyone has the luxury of applying anywhere, but the competitiveness of endo makes it very difficult to be picking and choosing where you want to apply to.

Once you have your list try and see if you can visit those programs. Most will either not respond or say no due to COVID, but if you are able to visit it's almost like an interview in and of itself. If they like you during your visit, there's a good chance they'll give you an interview when the time comes. By the same token, if you come off as over confident and full of yourself during the visit, then you won't be hearing from the program when interviews get sent. You can do a lot to help you get in before the application cycle even starts.

As many have said before, your application needs to scream endo. Getting letters from endodontists, taking endo CE, reading the JOE, being a member of AAE. I think it's of the utmost importance to attend AAE. If they ask you in your interview, "Did you attend AAE?" it doesn't look great if you tell them that you couldn't make it because you were just too busy that month. AAE is also your opportunity to meet residents, directors, other applicants, this is where you can network and put a face to a name so when that director sees your application, maybe they will remember that conversation that they had and put you in the interview pile.

Strong grades are obviously your best bet to get you in, but if you aren't at the top of your class, I highly recommend doing a GPR/AEGD instead of working straight out of school. As far as the ADAT is concerned, I took it and did well on it. Did it help me get in to the program that I got accepted to, no (I know for a fact they didn't care about it), but it did help me get an interview at a program that did care about it, and having any interview experience is invaluable, even if you don't get accepted. The more interviews, the more comfortable you will feel at the next one.

I know a lot of people that apply to endo and get zero interviews, so just getting one interview is a huge accomplishment. All it takes is one acceptance. Getting an interview feels like more than half the battle, but once you are there it can be intimidating seeing all of these very qualified candidates competing for a handful of spots. If you've gotten an interview I think the main thing they want to see at that point is this someone that fits in to our culture here and will we enjoy being around them for 2-3 years. There is definitely an element of luck at the interview. It definitely feels like a game at times, and you just have to accept that and play the game and hope it works out.

Lastly, don't give up. I know the pain of a cycle ending and realizing you have to wait another 11 months to try again, all while wondering in the back of your mind, will I ever get in? I took on the mentality that I would apply till the end of time and I really think the interviewers truly believed me when I answered their question "What will you do if you don't get in this cycle?"

Your last paragraph speaks volumes. It takes persistence. If you want it and you do the work it will happen. I believe that wholeheartedly.

Does anyone know if USC has sent out offers yet?

Has anyone heard from BU? Any offer has made?

I think BU might (dont quote me on this) but full because when i interviewed at another school July 15th, another student was telling me that BU had offered their friend a spot.....but this is also just one person

If you look at the ratio of applicants to those accepted, the specialty is nearing the same as OMFS and ortho. ADEA publishes the stats every year. It certainly is becoming more competitive.
Are you referring to these data? Or is there better published information?

ADEA 2021 dental trends

ADA 2021 postgrad trends

ADEA Trends in Dental Education 2021-22.png

ADA data.png

Edit:
Endo 5,737/220 = 26.1 3.83%
Ortho 10,578/408 = 25.9 3.86%
OS 11,933/266 = 44.9 2.23%
Pedo 9,394/478 = 19.7 5.09%
Perio 3,768/193 = 19.5 5.12%

Prosth 2,448/180 = 13.6 7.35%

Last edited:
University of Alabama at Birmingham - email invite 7/15, interview 7/22 - Spots filled
Loma Linda University - invites sent 7/01, interview 08/05 - Offers made
University of California at Los Angeles - Invite sent 7/6; interview Zoom 7/12, 07/29
University of California at San Francisco - email invite 6/29, 7/14 interview - Offers made
University of Southern California - email invite 7/15, interview 7/26, 7/29, 8/2, 8/4
University of the Pacific - email invite 7/15, interview 7/26, 7/28 - Offers made
University of Connecticut - 6/20, 7/7 email invite, 7/20, 7/21 interview - Spots filled

Nova Southeastern University - phone call 7/7, interviews 7/25, 7/26
University of Florida - Invites sent 6/30, July 15th interview - Spots filled
Georgia Regents University (Augusta Univ) - 5/31 email; 7/18 interview - Spots filled
University of Illinois at Chicago - 6/30 email, 7/13, 7/14 - Spots filled

Southern Illinois University - invite email 8/1; interview 8/12
Indiana University - 6/22 email; 7/11 interview - Spots filled
University of Iowa - invites sent 7/7, interview 7/14 and 7/15 - Spots filled
University of Louisville - 6/5 phone; 7/15, 7/18 interview - Spots filled

Louisiana State University - 6/17 email; 7/22 interview
University of Maryland - 07/11 email; 07/29 interview
Boston University - 6/8 email; 6/16, 7/14, 7/25, and 7/28 interviews - Offers made
Harvard University - 6/29 email, 7/15, 7/22 Interview - Spots filled
Tufts University - 6/16 email; 7/11, 7/12, 7/14 interviews - Spots filled
University of Detroit Mercy - 7/19 email, 7/25 virtual interview - Spots filled
University of Michigan - 7/14 email, 8/1 interview - Spots filled
University of Minnesota - 6/25 phone call; interviews 7/7, 7/8 - Spots filled
Saint Louis University - 6/10 email, 7/13 interview - Spots filled
University of Missouri-Kansas City - 6/24 email, 7/13 interview - Spots filled

University of Nebraska - 7/1 email, 7/21, 7/22 interview
Rutgers School of Dental Medicine - 6/21, 6/24 email; 7/8, 7/11 interview - Spots filled
Columbia University -
NYU Langone (Lutheran Medical Center) - invite sent 7/6, interview 7/20, 7/21 - Spots filled

NYU Langone Puerto Rico -
New York University - email 07/15, 07/25 Zoom interview - Offers made
Stony Brook University - 6/15 email; 7/7 Zoom interview - Spots filled

University at Buffalo, The State University of New York -
University of North Carolina - 7/14 invites sent, 7/29 interview - Spots filled
Case Western Reserve University -
The Ohio State University - 6/21 Phone call; 7/14 and 7/15 interview - Spots filled
Oregon Health & Science University - email 7/7, 1st round interview 7/13, final round 7/27
Albert Einstein Medical Center - 6/21 email, interview 7/14 - Spots filled
Temple University - 6/28, 7/11 email, 7/18 interview - Offers made
University of Pennsylvania - invite 8/1; interview Zoom 8/8-12
University of Pittsburgh - 6/22 email; 7/15 interview - Spots filled
Medical University of South Carolina - 6/27 phone call, 7/14 interview - Spots filled

University of Tennessee Health Science Center - 07/20 email, 08/05 interview
Texas A&M University Baylor College of Dentistry - 6/13 call/email, 7/12 interview - Spots filled
University of Texas at Houston - 6/1, 6/13 email, 7/15 interview - Spots filled

University of Texas at San Antonio - 7/15 email, 8/5 interview
Virginia Commonwealth University - email 7/7, interview 7/22 - Spots filled
University of Washington - 6/25 phone call, 7/8, 7/11 interviews - Spots filled

West Virginia University - email 07/20; 08/01 interview
Marquette University - 07/27 phone call; 08/12 interview
VA New York- 6/6 email; interview 7/8 - Spots filled

Last edited:

100%
This is all very valuable information. My first two interviews were very rough and I did not do well. Interviewing itself is a skill that needs to be practiced. Realize that if you’ve been selected for an interview, you are academically qualified, they mostly just want to see your personality at that point (one program told us this straight up).

Reactions: 5 users
100%
This is all very valuable information. My first two interviews were very rough and I did not do well. Interviewing itself is a skill that needs to be practiced. Realize that if you’ve been selected for an interview, you are academically qualified, they mostly just want to see your personality at that point (one program told us this straight up).

Interviewing is a skill , definitely

But

You could also nail your interview and still not get in.

Sometimes there are other factors at play that you’re not even aware of.

I've had almost 3 years of private practice experience. Would it be a good idea to do a GPR or would it be a step backwards?

I've had almost 3 years of private practice experience. Would it be a good idea to do a GPR or would it be a step backwards?
I would try to apply to a GPR/AEGD that has a Graduate Endodontics Department. Find a research opportunity while you are in there and build connections. Grades are important, but connections play a bigger role. And it’s easier to go to the AAE conferences and attend CE’s while you are in the residency.

However, it takes some sacrifices which include family planning, moving, financial loss, and uncertainty of getting into endo even after the extra year of GPR/AEGD training. But I still think this extra year of residency will triumphant the negativities.

I was in the same situation as you and got into endo this cycle.

Reactions: 2 users
Interviewing is a skill , definitely

But

You could also nail your interview and still not get in.

Sometimes there are other factors at play that you’re not even aware of.
Totally agree. And sometimes the PD and faculty will like you and they will tell you that you did great, and it shows that they liked everything about you and the whole interview went excellent, but they still don't accept you. Why? no one knows.

Totally agree. And sometimes the PD and faculty will like you and they will tell you that you did great, and it shows that they liked everything about you and the whole interview went excellent, but they still don't accept you. Why? no one knows.
1659826398182.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Above all else, its always good to remember that whether you get in this cycle or not, we are all extremely fortunate to be in the positions that we are all in. Yeah not getting what you want, when you want it sucks. But at the end of the day we are qualified individuals who bring a lot to the table. Congrats to all that have gained acceptance. For those waiting to hear back or have not heard anything, this is not the end of the road. Much love everyone.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Above all else, its always good to remember that whether you get in this cycle or not, we are all extremely fortunate to be in the positions that we are all in. Yeah not getting what you want, when you want it sucks. But at the end of the day we are qualified individuals who bring a lot to the table. Congrats to all that have gained acceptance. For those waiting to hear back or have not heard anything, this is not the end of the road. Much love everyone.
Very true, I assume most of us are already dentists or are about to be dentists, and we are already blessed with the ability to do as much molar endo as we want. And it's great to know that we truly love the specialty when we are willing to learn how to do what we love with the best training and armamentarium possible. Best of luck to everyone. We will all become Endodontists one day and one way or the other.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Very true, I assume most of us are already dentists or are about to be dentists, and we are already blessed with the ability to do as much molar endo as we want. And it's great to know that we truly love the specialty when we are willing to learn how to do what we love with the best training and armamentarium possible. Best of luck to everyone. We will all become Endodontists one day and one way or the other.
Yep! This is what the endodontist I was shadowing, who told me to just apply said, "What's the worst that could happen? You don't get in and keep being a dentist?"

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Hello all,

This was my first application cycle and I have vastly underestimated how crazy it is. I’m looking for any advice or pearls of wisdom. I went into this cycle thinking I would have multiple interviews and I would get in, it was a matter of where.

I graduated Cum Laude (3.43) in 2017. Class rank on the lower side because so many brilliant people ahead of me. 5 years US Navy Dentistry including AEGD. Close to 100 Endodontic cases in the last two years including about 15 Retreatments. GRE score in the 83/80/67 percentile for Verbal, Writing, and Math. I know my 4 evaluators all had strong, positive things to say.

I am waiting anxiously to hear from BU and USC as those are the only 2 (out of 12) programs that offered me an interview. So there is a sliver of hope. I actually emphasized with BU I wanted their 36 month MSD program.

Aside from ADAT, I’m looking what you all think are reasonable ways to improve. If not selected I will have to take another 2 year orders in the Navy so I won’t be able to apply again until May 2024. I did AAE virtually ‘21 and ‘22 because the command would not allow me to travel.

The only thing I can see as what F*** me over was I had no idea programs wanted complete applications by June 1. I thought a July 1 deadline meant “as long as your application is in by July 1, it will be given a fair and equal consideration.” Otherwise I would have been more on top of my evaluators and the Office of the Dean to not dilly dally with submitting my evaluations. My application was “complete” when the IEF was submitted on June 22.

Sorry for the long post but I really underestimated the process or even over estimated my qualifications. I thought an AEGD, GRE, and 5 years military and 100 cases would be what programs are looking for. Thank you all for any words of wisdom on how I could improve. Unless BU or USC have good news for me (which I doubt at this point) I’ll be applying again in 2024.

Hello all,

This was my first application cycle and I have vastly underestimated how crazy it is. I’m looking for any advice or pearls of wisdom. I went into this cycle thinking I would have multiple interviews and I would get in, it was a matter of where.

I graduated Cum Laude (3.43) in 2017. Class rank on the lower side because so many brilliant people ahead of me. 5 years US Navy Dentistry including AEGD. Close to 100 Endodontic cases in the last two years including about 15 Retreatments. GRE score in the 83/80/67 percentile for Verbal, Writing, and Math. I know my 4 evaluators all had strong, positive things to say.

I am waiting anxiously to hear from BU and USC as those are the only 2 (out of 12) programs that offered me an interview. So there is a sliver of hope. I actually emphasized with BU I wanted their 36 month MSD program.

Aside from ADAT, I’m looking what you all think are reasonable ways to improve. If not selected I will have to take another 2 year orders in the Navy so I won’t be able to apply again until May 2024. I did AAE virtually ‘21 and ‘22 because the command would not allow me to travel.

The only thing I can see as what F*** me over was I had no idea programs wanted complete applications by June 1. I thought a July 1 deadline meant “as long as your application is in by July 1, it will be given a fair and equal consideration.” Otherwise I would have been more on top of my evaluators and the Office of the Dean to not dilly dally with submitting my evaluations. My application was “complete” when the IEF was submitted on June 22.

Sorry for the long post but I really underestimated the process or even over estimated my qualifications. I thought an AEGD, GRE, and 5 years military and 100 cases would be what programs are looking for. Thank you all for any words of wisdom on how I could improve. Unless BU or USC have good news for me (which I doubt at this point) I’ll be applying again in 2024.
I think you have pretty solid stats and if you had good letters, that definitely helps. You already nailed a big one, which is to get your application in earlier. It's annoying, but it's needed. And the only other thing is if you're dead set on getting into endo, apply broadly. 12 programs is an ok number, but you could easily double your chances by applying to 25+ programs next time around. Sometimes it's just a numbers game, so the more your get your application out there, the better shot you have.

I think you have pretty solid stats and if you had good letters, that definitely helps. You already nailed a big one, which is to get your application in earlier. It's annoying, but it's needed. And the only other thing is if you're dead set on getting into endo, apply broadly. 12 programs is an ok number, but you could easily double your chances by applying to 25+ programs next time around. Sometimes it's just a numbers game, so the more your get your application out there, the better shot you have.
I agree with applying earlier and more broadly. Lessons learned from this cycle. My wife and I thought 12 would be a good number (especially when considering the financial costs). I didn’t take ADAT so I eliminated those programs. I also really did want a MS/MSD program so I limited myself to those. And mostly East Coast. USC was a late Hail Mary.

But thanks for the input 🙏🏼

I agree with applying earlier and more broadly. Lessons learned from this cycle. My wife and I thought 12 would be a good number (especially when considering the financial costs). I didn’t take ADAT so I eliminated those programs. I also really did want a MS/MSD program so I limited myself to those. And mostly East Coast. USC was a late Hail Mary.

But thanks for the input 🙏🏼
I also did not take the ADAT so I pretty much applied to almost all the programs that did not require the ADAT and that might take DS4 students (applied to 31). Out of those 31, only 2 interviews, 1 acceptance. So my limited advice is early (as in 1-3 days of PASS open and try to pay all supplementals before being asked if possible) and broadly

I also did not take the ADAT so I pretty much applied to almost all the programs that did not require the ADAT and that might take DS4 students (applied to 31). Out of those 31, only 2 interviews, 1 acceptance. So my limited advice is early (as in 1-3 days of PASS open and try to pay all supplementals before being asked if possible) and broadly
Thanks and congrats on getting in! That’s what sucks. I did all my supplementals and my PASS items in one day. I was done by May 13th. My evaluators submitted their evals between Memorial Day and June 13th. I asked my school about a dean’s letter end of April for a couple non-PASS programs. I was given one set of instructions. June 3rd comes around and I follow up. This time the school representative gave me a completely different set of instructions. So I do it and three weeks later on June 22, IEF submitted.

So if it’s all because “I didn’t apply early enough” that’s what’s annoying. I did my stuff early. Others didn’t. And had I known July 1 deadline truly meant June 1, I would have told them.

Hello all,

Your stats seem stronger than mine so I think it’s the deadline thing. Things just get pushed earlier and earlier due to interviews getting pushed earlier and earlier. This year it seemed like if you didn’t submit by early June it was already kinda late.

Your stats seem stronger than mine so I think it’s the deadline thing. Things just get pushed earlier and earlier due to interviews getting pushed earlier and earlier. This year it seemed like if you didn’t submit by early June it was already kinda late.
It seems so. Again lesson learned if I need to apply again in 2024.