This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
1. Schools you are applying to: All
2. cGPA/sGPA: 3.337/3.2
3. MCAT Score: 21P
4. Podiatry Experience: Shadowed Once
5. Non-Podiatry Shadowing/Clinical Experience (If Applicable): Shadowed M.D. & D.O./Worked in hospital for 6 years throughout high school and college break/Medical Laboratory Scientist in a Clinical laboratory for 1 year
6. Volunteering: ~100 hours (random clubs and promotions during college)

Just started looking into Podiatry after a friend referred me to it, and found this forum. Just looking to get some experienced feedback. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
5. Non-Podiatry Shadowing/Clinical Experience (If Applicable): Shadowed M.D. & D.O./Worked in hospital for 6 years throughout high school and college break/Medical Laboratory Scientist in a Clinical laboratory for 1 year

Just started looking into Podiatry after a friend referred me to it, and found this forum. Just looking to get some experienced feedback. Thank you!

Are you hoping to get in at any one school over the others?

If not, and your only wish is to get in anywhere, then you won't have any issues.

Good luck!

Wanted to see if i have a shot this cycle or even next cycle.

cGpa - 2.89
sGpa - 2.77
MCat: 29
Patient Care Hours : 3000hrs
Good LORs

Want to get in Scholl or Barry

Members don't see this ad :)
Wanted to see if i have a shot this cycle or even next cycle.

cGpa - 2.89
sGpa - 2.77
MCat: 29
Patient Care Hours : 3000hrs
Good LORs

Want to get in Scholl or Barry

If you apply early and broadly next cycle you will get interviews. This cycle you might still have a chance but I would apply ASAP.

(1) Shadow again. You owe it to yourself to have a better idea of what you are getting into. In addition, you will need an LOR and facetime will probably help.
(2) Do not apply to all the schools. Its a waste of time and money. Figure out 2-3 schools you want to apply to and apply early to only those schools. I've posted explanations elsewhere, but its a huge waste to apply everywhere. You don't want to live in most of those places. The schools you aren't interested in don't know they are your second choice and they will contact you.

I'm new here so take it easy on me. I'll be applying next September for the 2018 Class
2. cGPA/sGPA: 2.9/2.7
3. MCAT Score: 26
4. Podiatry Experience: Shadowed 5 times, 2 different Podiatrists
5. Volunteered at retirement facility and volunteered in Emergency Room for summer

Also, does the undergraduate University one attends have a major impact? I feel like my GPA is lower because I attend a very competitive university.

I'm new here so take it easy on me. I'll be applying next September for the 2018 Class
5. Volunteered at retirement facility and volunteered in Emergency Room for summer

Also, does the undergraduate University one attends have a major impact? I feel like my GPA is lower because I attend a very competitive university.

Prestigious level of ugrad hold minimal weight unless I guess ur from Harvard...the glaring issue is ur gpa. MCAT is above average for all schools. Shadowing is good, how abt LORs? If u apply super early and broadly, u might get an interview....do a masters to boost ur stats. Perhaps a one year accelerated one.

Make sure to finish this semester strong.

You'll get into a school.

Thank you for the quick responses. I have Letters of Reccomendation from a Podiatrist, 2 faculty members, and my boss at work. Thank you for the information. I anyone would like to add their opinion on my chances or give me advise, all is welcome!

You should be fine if you apply early, say early August. That will pretty much gurantee you a spot. Also improve your GPA as much as possible to maximize your chances. I would personally recommend more extracurricular activities. It's better to have some long-term ones.

im applyin for next year

2.3 gpa and i havent took no mcat yet but im getting 16 on practice mcat which seem pretty close to average

do i really got to shadow a podiatrist i dont feel like doin that

GPA is crap. MCAT is crap. Get GPA to maybe 2.8 and MCAT to maybe 23-25 you might have a chance

You better shadow to make sure this is the profession for you.

You sound like you don't want to do anything.

Members don't see this ad :)
GPA is crap. MCAT is crap. Get GPA to maybe 2.8 and MCAT to maybe 23-25 you might have a chance

You better shadow to make sure this is the profession for you.

You sound like you don't want to do anything.

2.8 jeez i aint looking for no scholarship or nothin im just tryna be a doctor

2.8 jeez i aint looking for no scholarship or nothin im just tryna be a doctor

Judging strictly and only from what u have posted thus far on these forums, U don't have what it takes to become a doctor. Looking for an easy way, trashy stats and unwillingness to do anything abt it is utterly embarrassing.

Judging strictly and only from what u have posted thus far on these forums, U don't have what it takes to become a doctor. Looking for an easy way, trashy stats and unwillingness to do anything abt it is utterly embarrassing.

well all im sayin is that i would be a good doctor. look u dont no nothin about me. i been dry since january of last year not even one sip and i work full time rite now but im really good wit people and i wanna help people

Well how in the hell do you think you will get there with crappy grades? All medical professions have standards and you don't meet them right now. Meet them or get out.

Yes don't get bent out of shape. Use your judgement if he's serious

Good to see this thread updated :)

I will be applying this term as well
Gpa 3.14
Mcat 26 and retaking in May
Trying to get a few LORs from science prof. Alrdy got one from pod

I am Canadian though, I guess apply broad?
Any suggestions?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

im applyin for next year

2.3 gpa and i havent took no mcat yet but im getting 16 on practice mcat which seem pretty close to average

do i really got to shadow a podiatrist i dont feel like doin that

You could tell this guy/girl was a troll just by creating that racist and stereotypical username...and the fact that they purposely spelled everything incorrect and got banned within 6 hours of their first post.

Don't feed the troll!!! Probably just some pre-MD student who thinks Podiatry is a joke...so a troll!

I like how the thread got updated because of some guy that fits the definition of a TROLL

This is my first post. Why you people kick people off cause they not educated like you?
That is a unfair presumption I can vouch for Shanny she got what it takes to be a foot doctor per and this is all kind of wrong.

This is my first post. Why you people kick people off cause they not educated like you?
That is a unfair presumption I can vouch for Shanny she got what it takes to be a foot doctor per and this is all kind of wrong.

Shanny loves KFC and I love Popeyes. Enough said!

Hey Everyone,

I was hoping you might be able to tell me what my chances of getting into a podiatry school would be for next years application cycle. In my last 3 years of undergrad I have about a 3.5 GPA but I did really poorly in my first two years, so including those my cGPA would only be about a 2.9. I got a 34 on the MCAT. Also I am from Canada so I don't know if that would be a factor for any of the podiatry schools in the states.

Thanks

Not considering the Canadian thing, u would get into pod school with ur stats. However, I have no knowledge regarding international status which does play a huge role in acceptances. Refer to others premise on this matter.

Hey Everyone,

I was hoping you might be able to tell me what my chances of getting into a podiatry school would be for next years application cycle. In my last 3 years of undergrad I have about a 3.5 GPA but I did really poorly in my first two years, so including those my cGPA would only be about a 2.9. I got a 34 on the MCAT. Also I am from Canada so I don't know if that would be a factor for any of the podiatry schools in the states.

Thanks
Moving to What are my Chances thread.

Undergrad History -.-'
Freshman/Soph: I was a division 1 fencer at a university, where i got a athletic scholarship (shows dexterity, leadership). I was a business major but also took like 2 environmental science courses. Basically a long story short, i got in trouble, started doing bad in classes. Was at an all time low, grandma passed away, got arrested- is a misdemeanor now, and i pretty much transferred with a ****ty 2.3 gpa.
TRANSFERRED to another university (they have a med school there now), a better name um..started doing a little better, (still business major) tried out bio and chem...withdrew from bio and got a C- in chem (hit the lib everyday, it was tough). i graduated with a BBA (bus admin) with a 3.2. (basically got 2 semesters of deans list, and my last semester i got the highest gpa of all the semsters---i basically showed an upward trend)
Now im taking bio and chem again at a diff univ. doing a post bacc program, and I got 91's and an 84 on the tests i took so far. So im doing pretty good. i just need to keep this up.
(i also got an A in calc. at my freshman institution) and my teachers like me since i am dedicated to the class, and I see them constantly for questions.

A little about myself:
- I am a high school sunday school teacher (shows leadership and maturity).
- I volunteer at hospitals of course
- I go to soup drives at a very run-down town. I am active in the community where I go on mission trips helping the homeless, giving out food.
- I also am going to a third world country again with my father hopefully next summer- We go with our community, and we help the kids there.

I was raised to give people a helping hand. All in all a nice guy. I am 22 years old. And StuDoctor Network I need your help. Do I have a good chance in getting in NY or PA Pod school? What do I need to work on? Is the career rewarding?

Undergrad History -.-'
Freshman/Soph: I was a division 1 fencer at a university, where i got a athletic scholarship (shows dexterity, leadership). I was a business major but also took like 2 environmental science courses. Basically a long story short, i got in trouble, started doing bad in classes. Was at an all time low, grandma passed away, got arrested- is a misdemeanor now, and i pretty much transferred with a ****ty 2.3 gpa.
TRANSFERRED to another university (they have a med school there now), a better name um..started doing a little better, (still business major) tried out bio and chem...withdrew from bio and got a C- in chem (hit the lib everyday, it was tough). i graduated with a BBA (bus admin) with a 3.2. (basically got 2 semesters of deans list, and my last semester i got the highest gpa of all the semsters---i basically showed an upward trend)
Now im taking bio and chem again at a diff univ. doing a post bacc program, and I got 91's and an 84 on the tests i took so far. So im doing pretty good. i just need to keep this up.
(i also got an A in calc. at my freshman institution) and my teachers like me since i am dedicated to the class, and I see them constantly for questions.

A little about myself:
- I am a high school sunday school teacher (shows leadership and maturity).
- I volunteer at hospitals of course
- I go to soup drives at a very run-down town. I am active in the community where I go on mission trips helping the homeless, giving out food.
- I also am going to a third world country again with my father hopefully next summer- We go with our community, and we help the kids there.

I was raised to give people a helping hand. All in all a nice guy. I am 22 years old. And StuDoctor Network I need your help. Do I have a good chance in getting in NY or PA Pod school? What do I need to work on? Is the career rewarding?

Well for starters, have u taken the MCAT? That's huge. What's ur cGPA and sGPA? U have interesting extracurriculars. U need to shadow a pod as well. As for wether it is a rewarding career or not I cannot comment for I will b matriculating this fall but u will get that answer from shadowing. Also why NY or PA? I'm asking out of curiosity. Give us those details and then we can give u an honest opinion.

Hi Everyone,

I finished my undergrad at a state school with a cGPA of 3.06, and a sGPA of about 2.8 - 2.9 (I don't know it exactly). I submitted my app for Podiatry Schools and then got the notification that AACPM recalculates the GPA according to their requirements and it dropped my GPA significantly (cGPA 2.88 and sGPA 2.63). I have an MCAT score of 22P but I got a couple of rejection letters from some schools saying my GPA doesn't meet the requirement. I shadowed a few podiatrists over the past couple of months and got LOR's from them. I have a lot of volunteer/extracurricular activities, and I'm a CNA at the moment.

Any advice on how I can make my application better for the next cycle? Is it possible to raise my GPA now that I'm done with undergrad? I plan on retaking the MCAT, but as far as numbers go, it seems like that's the only part of my application I can improve. Thanks for all your help!

Which schools rejected you? And did you apply to any others? I think if you apply early for next year you should be able to get in.

Which schools rejected you? And did you apply to any others? I think if you apply early for next year you should be able to get in.
I got rejected from Kent, CSPM, and DMU :( I also applied to Western and Rosalind Franklin, still waiting on those. Do you think my GPA is a huge factor? Any recommendation on what I can do to improve it or make my application more competitive?

Last edited:
Good to see this thread updated :)

I will be applying this term as well
Gpa 3.14
Mcat 26 and retaking in May
Trying to get a few LORs from science prof. Alrdy got one from pod

I am Canadian though, I guess apply broad?
Any suggestions?

So what you guys think?
Are there specific schools I should aim for?
My Mcat is 8/8/10

Wow im actually really surprised kent rejected you. Did you just apply? Maybe because its starting to get later in the cycle?

Wow im actually really surprised kent rejected you. Did you just apply? Maybe because its starting to get later in the cycle?

I sent in my application March 7th, and just heard back today. I didn't think it was THAT late in the cycle, and the Podiatrists that I talked to both said it wasn't too late. The letter said that Kent requires a minimum science GPA of 3.0, but everywhere online says 2.75, so I didn't think there was too much of a difference between mine and the required one...

I sent in my application March 7th, and just heard back today. I didn't think it was THAT late in the cycle, and the Podiatrists that I talked to both said it wasn't too late. The letter said that Kent requires a minimum science GPA of 3.0, but everywhere online says 2.75, so I didn't think there was too much of a difference between mine and the required one...

I got into Kent with a 2.9 sci and cum. In all honesty your GPA is low and your MCAT is not that great. Granted mine is not much better and some of that is through post bac and my 31 MCAT probably sealed the deal.

I would say first get that MCAT up, 22 is not a good score and I think anyone is capable of getting a 25 or better. Take a few extra post bacc classes also to get the GPA up a bit.

I would try to raise it to a 3.0. Take a few classes at a community college that you haven't taken or a local school. It will show you are committed to improving your weaknesses. Also I would retake classes you've already taken it usually won't help very much.

Honestly im not sure why some of these schools say things like that? Kent has accepted multiple people with less than a 3.0 science gpa for example someone who posted on here about 3 weeks stated that they had a 3.0 cgpa and im assuming sgpa was lower and a 19 mcat score and they were accepted into kent so i really dont understand sometimes.

Honestly im not sure why some of these schools say things like that? Kent has accepted multiple people with less than a 3.0 science gpa for example someone who posted on here about 3 weeks stated that they had a 3.0 cgpa and im assuming sgpa was lower and a 19 mcat score and they were accepted into kent so i really dont understand sometimes.

That was me Cali and you're always so concerned with grades. You yourself ask almost daily about other people's grades so they DO matter. He didn't ask for a steadfast way on how to get in but a way to make himself more marketable and I have my opinion. They wouldn't state a 3.0 is advisable if it didn't mean something. Bring the GPA up it won't hurt them to do so in any way shape or form. And I got in to kent because I was able to explain my situation, show my tenacity and amazing personality, and really sell myself. Where have you gotten in? Stop being a jerk.

Yup which is why I'm attending podiatry school in the fall. Every post of yours is asking about stats. Worry about yourself and focus on that. Stop being rude to others. At the end of the day we all want the same thing. Grow up

Member 102049 did you apply to all of the schools or just those 3?

Exactly. Worry about your own grades and improving them. I think every single person on this forum have told you their stats since that's all you seem to be concerned with.

How about you stop bashing me and mind your own business, im not talking to you so theres no need for you to continue giving me advice on what i should/should not do.

If i wanna know someones stats then i will and i dont need you or anyone else to tell me otherwise. If you dont like it then thats your problem.