*~*~*~*Official TMDSAS Questions Thread 2020-2021*~*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wysdoc

Plain-spoken Texan
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Texans and wannabe Texans! This will be our official TMDSAS Questions thread for 2020-2021.

The 2020-2021 application year is going to have a different timeline and probably many other differences compared to a typical Texas application cycle, because of the COVID-19 pandemic going on. For future readers, this pandemic started affecting the United States in February and March 2020, leading to closure of school campuses and widespread quarantine rules. Most students never returned to their campuses after spring break and completed Spring 2020 term completely online. Chances for volunteer activities were lost and MCAT test dates cancelled for March, April, May, and ??? There are many SDN threads on COVID-19/coronavirus so I know this is an inadequate description of it, but search the site for other discussions.

For now, all I have to show you is the TMDSAS Timeline chart for the 2020-2021 application cycle. The application will open on May 1.
Main differences for this unusual year are:
--Final deadline for submission is October 30
--You may work on and submit your app when ready, but it will be transmitted to the schools no sooner than the 1st week of June
--Do not send your official transcripts to TMDSAS until they email or message you asking for them
--Pre-match offer period ends Jan 31
--Match preference list due from students Feb 19
--Match Day is March 5

TMDSAS-Application-Timeline-EY2021.jpg

LINK to download the 2020-2021 application handbook:
EY 2021 Handbook

Wysdoc

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
Was the deadline for ED delayed as well? UTRGV’s ED web page says their deadline is July 15th. Not entirely sure if those are two different things.

Was the deadline for ED delayed as well? UTRGV’s ED web page says their deadline is July 15th. Not entirely sure if those are two different things.
Yes these are 2 different things, and if you apply to UTRGV ED (Early Decision) you are agreeing not to apply to the other TMDAS schools until you get a decision on your ED application. Last year was the first time UTRGV offered an ED application and they interviewed all the ED folks on one day and made their decisions promptly so those not selected could still send their app to the other TX schools.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for starting the thread!

With the application opening May 1st, does that mean it can be submitted in May, or can it only be submitted starting in June like the AMCAS? Would you still recommend submitting ASAP despite changes in timeline?

I also have a question re: residency. I grew up and lived in TX through high school, but went to college OOS. After graduation, I took 1-yr position at my UG, but will be moving back to TX during the application cycle. To my understanding, I will qualify as a resident, but might not qualify for in-state tuition my first year? I'm not entirely sure, because the language online is confusing, so wanted to ask if anyone has had this experience personally.

Thank you for starting the thread!

With the application opening May 1st, does that mean it can be submitted in May, or can it only be submitted starting in June like the AMCAS? Would you still recommend submitting ASAP despite changes in timeline?

I also have a question re: residency. I grew up and lived in TX through high school, but went to college OOS. After graduation, I took 1-yr position at my UG, but will be moving back to TX during the application cycle. To my understanding, I will qualify as a resident, but might not qualify for in-state tuition my first year? I'm not entirely sure, because the language online is confusing, so wanted to ask if anyone has had this experience personally.
@ofmiceandwomen take a look at the thread I wrote about this issue in a prior year: Texas Residency Status: How Does TMDSAS determine it?

Re: residency status
Your residency status will depend on why you stayed OOS for the year after you graduated, whether you were working a non-academic-related job or doing some sort of academic thing like grad school or being a teaching assistant.

Once the TMDSAS application is open in May, use the internal messaging system within the app to ask them to judge your residency status. Include everything you said here, and add the details of exact dates you stayed OOS and the reasons, date you moved back, and whether your parents are Texas residents. Be 100% factual with them. They are pretty quick about getting back to applicants about this.

Even the OOS tuition in Texas is more inexpensive than at AMCAS Schools!

Re: date you can submit TMDSAS application
If you are not currently taking any classes, you can submit the application whenever you are done with it. Don't rush, proof-read everything many times because there is very little you can change after you submit it.
An applicant who is still in classes needs to wait until Spring 2020 grades are final so they can include them in the application.

You do not need to wait until an official transcript is available from the school, that will be sent later when TMDSAS asks you for it.

Last edited:
I currently have 6 LoRs that I need to decide which ones to send. I am a reapplicant from the 2018-2019 letter and submitted 2 science, 1 nonscience, and 1 PI as my optional letter via interfolio. This cycle I have secured an additional MD letter and am waiting for a DO letter. I've worked with both these physicians extensively in FT clinical employment starting in 08/2019, I have also reached out to my old letter writers and had one of the science and one nonscience professor update the dates on the old letters. Which professor recs would you recommend submitting? I have listed research as a meaningful activity. Would it be a red flag to not submit a PI letter? Ideally, I'd want to submit at least one physician letter as it is most recent. Recommendations on this would be appreciated.

I currently have 6 LoRs that I need to decide which ones to send. I am a reapplicant from the 2018-2019 letter and submitted 2 science, 1 nonscience, and 1 PI as my optional letter via interfolio. This cycle I have secured an additional MD letter and am waiting for a DO letter. I've worked with both these physicians extensively in FT clinical employment starting in 08/2019, I have also reached out to my old letter writers and had one of the science and one nonscience professor update the dates on the old letters. Which professor recs would you recommend submitting? I have listed research as a meaningful activity. Would it be a red flag to not submit a PI letter? Ideally, I'd want to submit at least one physician letter as it is most recent. Recommendations on this would be appreciated.
If research is something important to you definitely choose the PI letter as one. One science prof. With Interfolio you can pick and choose so if you are applying to DO schools send your DO letter there but not to the MD schools.
TMDSAS allows a total of 4 letters so you can include the one from the MD you worked for.

If research is something important to you definitely choose the PI letter as one. One science prof. With Interfolio you can pick and choose so if you are applying to DO schools send your DO letter there but not to the MD schools.
TMDSAS allows a total of 4 letters so you can include the one from the MD you worked for.

Would it make a difference if the DO had strong ties as faculty to one of the MD schools? Also, you are able to send different recs to different schools in Texas? I did not know that.

Would it make a difference if the DO had strong ties as faculty to one of the MD schools? Also, you are able to send different recs to different schools in Texas? I did not know that.
I think you are right, you cannot send some letters to some schools in TMDSAS and not to others.
If you were going to also apply through the AACOMAS system to DO schools that is where you would choose the DO letter over the MD letter.
If your DO letter is from a faculty member at an MD school, that sounds great.

You want to choose those who will speak about your good personal qualities, the ones who know you best.

I'm struggling with writing the 3rd "optional essay". I've browsed the internet at it seems like it would be the place to write about any huge struggles or situations you have encountered in life. For the most part, I've lived a pretty vanilla life (that I think). I am an RN, done a medical trip abroad and I also grew up in one of the poorest regions in South Texas but I am already talking about that in my PS & diversity essay. They said they don't want you to reiterate information from the previous essays.

Would talking about the death of a grandparent due to diabetes as well as all your other grandparents having diabetes be something to talk about? Perhaps spinning it about how Latinos are likely to get diabetes, etc and that needs to be changed? Thanks ya'll for any input.

Hey guys, I'm originally from CA but I graduated from a TX college in 2019 and will finally be a TX resident as I've been employed and living here for a year. Does anybody know what kind of documents TMDSAS will want so I can prove my residency? ID, lease, car registration? I know they're gonna ask for stuff. The TMDSAS residency page website just links this legal document mumbo jumbo and its honestly confusing to read through so I thought I'd ask here.

Hey guys, I'm originally from CA but I graduated from a TX college in 2019 and will finally be a TX resident as I've been employed and living here for a year. Does anybody know what kind of documents TMDSAS will want so I can prove my residency? ID, lease, car registration? I know they're gonna ask for stuff. The TMDSAS residency page website just links this legal document mumbo jumbo and its honestly confusing to read through so I thought I'd ask here.

Okay actually found this in the handbook
Supporting Documents Required Significant Gainful Employment - An employer's statement of dates of employment in Texas (beginning and current or ending dates) that encompass at least 12 consecutive months prior to the census date of the term in which the person enrolls and also indicates an average of at least 20 hours per week or pay stubs for 12 consecutive months prior to the census date indicating the hours worked per week, reflecting significant gainful employment in Texas, or proof of other earned income such as pensions, veterans' benefits, social security, and savings from previous earnings for 12 consecutive months prior to the census date. However, employment conditioned on student status, such as work study, the receipt of stipends, fellowships, or research or teaching assistantships does not constitute gainful employment for the purposes of this subchapter.

The hand book also says: "Speed this process up by submitting residency documentation ahead of time to [email protected], with the subject line “[TMDSAS ID] - Residency Supporting Documents”."

So it looks like I just get a record of my employment? Sorry for the wall of text @wysdoc

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Okay actually found this in the handbook
Supporting Documents Required Significant Gainful Employment - An employer's statement of dates of employment in Texas (beginning and current or ending dates) that encompass at least 12 consecutive months prior to the census date of the term in which the person enrolls and also indicates an average of at least 20 hours per week or pay stubs for 12 consecutive months prior to the census date indicating the hours worked per week, reflecting significant gainful employment in Texas, or proof of other earned income such as pensions, veterans' benefits, social security, and savings from previous earnings for 12 consecutive months prior to the census date. However, employment conditioned on student status, such as work study, the receipt of stipends, fellowships, or research or teaching assistantships does not constitute gainful employment for the purposes of this subchapter.

Property Ownership -Warranty Deed, Deed of Trust, or other similar instrument that is effective to hold title to residential real property in Texas

Ownership of a Business Entity - Documents that evidence the organization of the business in Texas that reflect the ownership interest of the person or dependent's parent, and the customary management of the business by the person or dependent's parent without the intention of liquidation for the foreseeable future.

The hand book also says: "Speed this process up by submitting residency documentation ahead of time to [email protected], with the subject line “[TMDSAS ID] - Residency Supporting Documents”."

So it looks like I just get a record of my employment? Sorry for the wall of text @wysdoc
Yes, record of employment for 12 months is sufficient

Decision Time soon! (for applicants finishing the 2019-2020 cycle)

A reminder for those of you with more than one offer in your hands right now:

1. Not as common for Texans but some of you might have
1 Match plus Baylor
1 Match plus a more recent Texas WL offer
1 Match plus 1 or more OOS offers

2. General date to decide is April 30, but READ your relevant school's email carefully to see when they ask you for a response.

3. Communicate directly with the admissions office by email to:

Confirm that you intend to enroll there,
Give your politely worded regrets that you appreciate their offer, but have chosen another school and will withdraw,
Withdraw from a WL spot if you need to do that.

4. In addition to communicating directly to the school, also use the TMDSAS app to withdraw from any Texas schools you intend to withdraw from. I recently confirmed with TMDSAS that they would like you to use both methods of withdrawing.

5. For AMCAS schools, AMCAS has recently stated that "The primary, official method of communication during this process takes place between an applicant and a school. The AMCAS Choose Your Medical School Tool is intended to supplement, not replace, that communication.
AMCAS wants you to "PTE" (Plan to Enroll) at ONE school by April 30. You must withdraw all other offers, but you may stay on WLs.
Get the details on the CYMS Tool here: CYMS Tool

Writing those emails is hard. But don't omit sending them because "I don't know what to say".
Get used to communicating clearly but kindly. How would you want a "rejection" email from a school to sound? Be at least as kind in your email to the school you are giving up your spot at.

If I apply in early in May but have an MCAT retake planned sometime this summer (still cant reschedule yet due to covid, im assuming it will be sometime in July. I was originally supposed to take it in early April), will schools only consider the score I have when I apply? (I took it for the first time last year and made a 507) Or will they wait to see what my retake score is? If I do much better on the retake, will they consider that in my application even if I submitted my app months previously?

If I apply in early in May but have an MCAT retake planned sometime this summer (still cant reschedule yet due to covid, im assuming it will be sometime in July. I was originally supposed to take it in early April), will schools only consider the score I have when I apply? (I took it for the first time last year and made a 507) Or will they wait to see what my retake score is? If I do much better on the retake, will they consider that in my application even if I submitted my app months previously?
Yes just be sure in your app that you mention that you have a future test date pending.
Unless you are a re-applicant I’m not sure I would retake a 507 this year. Why not be complete early with your present score?

Yes just be sure in your app that you mention that you have a future test date pending.
Unless you are a re-applicant I’m not sure I would retake a 507 this year. Why not be complete early with your present score?
Yes I forgot to mention that I am a re-applicant. I applied late last year which I think is what hurt me (In August). Would it be better to reapply with my current stats early in May vs. applying in July with a better MCAT? A lot of people say my MCAT is good enough to get acceptances but when I look at average MCATs of matriculants on the MSAR (512-515) it makes me feel like I have no chance with a 507.

Do you think it will be easier to snag interviews and get in this year due to a lack of applicants?

Yes I forgot to mention that I am a re-applicant. I applied late last year which I think is what hurt me (In August). Would it be better to reapply with my current stats early in May vs. applying in July with a better MCAT? A lot of people say my MCAT is good enough to get acceptances but when I look at average MCATs of matriculants on the MSAR (512-515) it makes me feel like I have no chance with a 507.
It’s up to you and when you feel most ready and confident. There will be quite a few people trying to get their first MCAT taken, so for them they can’t be interviewed without a score.
If you tell schools on the app that you are going to take it again, they might wait to decide on your interview too until you have a 2nd score. Or they might invite you earlier.

Do you think it will be easier to snag interviews and get in this year due to a lack of applicants?
I think this might be a great year for reapplicants because they can be complete earlier. Still gotta rewrite your essays though. Another new thing is you can use letters of recommendation up to 2 years old.

Reactions: 1 users
So for ongoing activities that you plan to continue until matriculation, do you enter them in both the current and planned activities section?

So for ongoing activities that you plan to continue until matriculation, do you enter them in both the current and planned activities section?
Yes, be sure to subtract vacation times from hours per week estimates, and end your “future” hours before matriculation date.

Yes, be sure to subtract vacation times from hours per week estimates, and end your “future” hours before matriculation date.

So for the entry in current activity section, do we include the projected hours in there as well?

So for the entry in current activity section, do we include the projected hours in there as well?
@Hzreio No, they go separately in planned activities.
Current activities: end date you will list to be no later than October 30, 2020 (the TMDSAS application due date).
Planned Activities: things you plan to do from November 2020 to August 2021. Estimate your hours. Don't overestimate.

Last edited:
I think this might be a great year for reapplicants because they can be complete earlier. Still gotta rewrite your essays though. Another new thing is you can use letters of recommendation up to 2 years old.

I have a prehealth committee letter consisting of undergraduate school LOR and graduate school LOR. Should I be getting letters from another source as it has been more than two years for some of my letters or do the graduate school letters refresh its age?

hi @wysdoc I got my committee letter my junior year of college in 2018 for the 2018-2019 cycle, didn't get in twice and now applying for the 2020-21 as I'm a TX resident now (I was OOS previously). Slightly freaking out cuz I assumed I would be able to use my committee letter for a third time, a 2018 HPAC letter would still be good right? The handbook says you can use a committee letter from a previous cycle but nothing about using it a 3rd time, pls help
(for what its worth I do have a brand new letter that I am going to submit with the HPAC letter)

Last edited:
hi @wysdoc I got my committee letter my junior year of college in 2018 for the 2018-2019 cycle, didn't get in twice and now applying for the 2020-21 as I'm a TX resident now (I was OOS previously). Slightly freaking out cuz I assumed I would be able to use my committee letter for a third time, a 2018 HPAC letter would still be good right? The handbook says you can use a committee letter from a previous cycle but nothing about using it a 3rd time, pls help
(for what its worth I do have a brand new letter that I am going to submit with the HPAC letter)
If you haven't gotten in the last two cycles with the same committee packet why would you apply again with the same exact packet (with one new letter but still)?

If you haven't gotten in the last two cycles with the same committee packet why would you apply again with the same exact packet (with one new letter but still)?
because I've added a ton to my app (didn't have any clinical exp. before), I'm now a texas resident as I wasn't before (this changes everything tbh), and I haven't taken any other course work since graduating from a texas school last may. I have 2 MD LORs now besides the committee letter, so like the only other option would be to submit 3 physician LORs instead. Would that be better? I could potentially do that but I feel like adcoms wouldn't like me not having prof LORs on my application.

Last edited:
@Hzreio No, they go separately in planned activities.
Current activities: end date you will list to be no later than October 30, 2020 (the TMDSAS application due date).
Planned Activities: things you plan to do from November 2020 to August 2021. Estimate your hours. Don't overestimate.

Okay so just to be clear for planned activities project the hours up to 10/30/2020. and for future activities estimated the hours planned for 11/2020 - 08/2021. Current activities that are planned to continue to matriculation would be entered twice so long as the hours and timestamps don't overlap?

ask that question to TMDSAS, either via the messaging feature on your app or on the TMDSAS Hub Facebook page. I suspect that 2018 letter or committee letter will be too old. This year TMDSAS has said they will allow a date up to 2 years old, a change from prior application cycles when the letters had to be updated each year.

Okay so just to be clear for planned activities project the hours up to 10/30/2020. and for future activities estimated the hours planned for 11/2020 - 08/2021. Current activities that are planned to continue to matriculation would be entered twice so long as the hours and timestamps don't overlap?
Correct. You don't want to count the same hours twice.

because I've added a ton to my app (didn't have any clinical exp. before), I'm now a texas resident as I wasn't before (this changes everything tbh), and I haven't taken any other course work since graduating from a texas school last may. I have 2 MD LORs now besides the committee letter, so like the only other option would be to submit 3 physician LORs instead. Would that be better? I could potentially do that but I feel like adcoms wouldn't like me not having prof LORs on my application.
You need at least one Professor letter so you may have to ask a prof to update one for you.

ask that question to TMDSAS, either via the messaging feature on your app or on the TMDSAS Hub Facebook page. I suspect that 2018 letter or committee letter will be too old. This year TMDSAS has said they will allow a date up to 2 years old, a change from prior application cycles when the letters had to be updated each year.

So LoRs timestamped from 2018 cannot be used?

So LoRs timestamped from 2018 cannot be used?
You can submit up to 4 letters.
Here is the wording from the TMDSAS statement on changes to the TMDSAS application from last cycle to this cycle:

"Letters of Evaluation

There will no longer be a designation between required and ‘extra’ letters. In addition, TMDSAS will allow letters and HPACs to be reused within two years (two cycles). TMDSAS will communicate the following message to the applicants:

Re-applicants are welcome to resubmit letters from the previous cycle given they were written after May 1. Applicants must reenter evaluator information and ensure letters are resubmitted. TMDSAS will not automatically upload or roll letters into future cycles."

Is a letter dated 2018 2 years old or 3 years old? Might depend on if it's dated before or after May 1 2018.
You can query TMDSAS directly. They are quickly responsive.

You can submit up to 4 letters.
Here is the wording from the TMDSAS statement on changes to the TMDSAS application from last cycle to this cycle:

"Letters of Evaluation

There will no longer be a designation between required and ‘extra’ letters. In addition, TMDSAS will allow letters and HPACs to be reused within two years (two cycles). TMDSAS will communicate the following message to the applicants:

Re-applicants are welcome to resubmit letters from the previous cycle given they were written after May 1. Applicants must reenter evaluator information and ensure letters are resubmitted. TMDSAS will not automatically upload or roll letters into future cycles."

Is a letter dated 2018 2 years old or 3 years old? Might depend on if it's dated before or after May 1 2018.
You can query TMDSAS directly. They are quickly responsive.

According to what they told me, the letters can only be resubmitted only if they were written after May 1st, 2019. So apparently they are not accepting 2018 letters. But maybe it's because for reapplicants, schools will have old LoRs on file already? The policy seems more difficult for non-trads with old professor letters to accommodate. I get that old letters are not ideal, but to say that they're not allowed seems like a lot.

According to what they told me, the letters can only be resubmitted only if they were written after May 1st, 2019. So apparently they are not accepting 2018 letters. But maybe it's because for reapplicants, schools will have old LoRs on file already? The policy seems more difficult for non-trads with old professor letters to accommodate. I get that old letters are not ideal, but to say that they're not allowed seems like a lot.
If you are/were on good terms with the prof, you may ask him to update your letter with a current date and upload it. You are making this too hard

Welp, frustrated with how I always seem to screw up something with these apps. Guess its my fault though. Thank you for answering, Ill go ask on the hub group

I'm struggling with writing the 3rd "optional essay". I've browsed the internet at it seems like it would be the place to write about any huge struggles or situations you have encountered in life. For the most part, I've lived a pretty vanilla life (that I think). I am an RN, done a medical trip abroad and I also grew up in one of the poorest regions in South Texas but I am already talking about that in my PS & diversity essay. They said they don't want you to reiterate information from the previous essays.

Would talking about the death of a grandparent due to diabetes as well as all your other grandparents having diabetes be something to talk about? Perhaps spinning it about how Latinos are likely to get diabetes, etc and that needs to be changed? Thanks ya'll for any input.
A better way to look at this essay is "is there something important about me, that will help the school see the big picture about me as an applicant, that wasn't touched on in other parts of the application?" Does this story fit that description? My opinion?, not really.

Update: TMDSAS told me all letters need to be dated May 1, 2019 or later. You can use letters for two cycles but that's it. Hopefully I can get all my new letters in for this cycle now.

You need at least one Professor letter so you may have to ask a prof to update one for you.
On the TMDSAS website it doesn't have requirements for who needs to write each letter, just a list of people who can write them and that you need a total of 3. So if I have one LOR from a professor and 2 LORs from physicians that would fulfill the requirement right? Just want to make sure

On the TMDSAS website it doesn't have requirements for who needs to write each letter, just a list of people who can write them and that you need a total of 3. So if I have one LOR from a professor and 2 LORs from physicians that would fulfill the requirement right? Just want to make sure
Make sure at least one is a professor. I know this is harder if you are a non-trad, but you need some opinion on your academic ability. Doctor letters are worth less if it's just someone you shadowed, and worth more if they know you well and can speak to character and personal qualities.

Take a cruise through this thread for more tips/opinions *~*~*~* Official Letters of Recommendation Questions Thread 2019-2020 *~*~*~*

I've seen a lot of threads discussing how applying through AMCAS July-September for this year is still considered "early" because of COVID-19. Because TMDAS usually operates on an earlier timeline than the AMCAS and there has been no delay to its cycle, would I be okay to apply in August or would that be too late for TMDAS? for reference my stats are 3.72/3.5, my FL practice tests have been 518-522. My MCAT was rescheduled for August. Should I wait to apply next cycle instead of this cycle? Thanks!

I've seen a lot of threads discussing how applying through AMCAS July-September for this year is still considered "early" because of COVID-19. Because TMDAS usually operates on an earlier timeline than the AMCAS and there has been no delay to its cycle, would I be okay to apply in August or would that be too late for TMDAS? for reference my stats are 3.72/3.5, my FL practice tests have been 518-522. My MCAT was rescheduled for August. Should I wait to apply next cycle instead of this cycle? Thanks!
I think even in this COVID-19 year it would be unwise to apply that late. Even if you submit your app earlier, you would be incomplete until that August MCAT score comes back in September. Last year applicants who submitted in August & September got only 13% of the interviews. :(
When MCAT registration opens up on May 7, could you try to reschedule for an earlier date?

Anyone in the previous application cycle end up "double dipping" on the TMDSAS activities section? Should we strictly follow the TMDSAS Guidelines and only double dip for healthcare/employment opportunities?

I was planning to write completely different descriptions + have a different title for community service work that was also had leadership roles.

I don't want to be at a disadvtaneg to people who end up circumventing the rules and having a stacked up activity section. What will the repercussions be if I do end up double dipping? Will adcoms even care/notice?

Any and all thoughts on this would be much appreciated.

Anyone in the previous application cycle end up "double dipping" on the TMDSAS activities section? Should we strictly follow the TMDSAS Guidelines and only double dip for healthcare/employment opportunities?

I was planning to write completely different descriptions + have a different title for community service work that was also had leadership roles.

I don't want to be at a disadvtaneg to people who end up circumventing the rules and having a stacked up activity section. What will the repercussions be if I do end up double dipping? Will adcoms even care/notice?

If you are a Facebook user (c'mon, now admit it! lol) tune in to a Facebook interactive session This week April 29 with TMDSAS admins and get your question in!
If they don't answer all the ??s during the live online time they will probably post answers on the page later.
94555682_558984654746552_7235024318810292224_o.png

From the handbook, "Please select one category that best describes each of your experiences. Healthcare and employment activities may be listed in both categories if the experience was a paid position; otherwise, do not list experiences in more than one section below." If you had a leadership role within an activity, my interpretation would be that your role as a participant and a leader are different, meaning they are different experiences and thus belong in different sections, so long as the hours aren't double counted. Just my .02 anyways

From the handbook, "Please select one category that best describes each of your experiences. Healthcare and employment activities may be listed in both categories if the experience was a paid position; otherwise, do not list experiences in more than one section below." If you had a leadership role within an activity, my interpretation would be that your role as a participant and a leader are different, meaning they are different experiences and thus belong in different sections, so long as the hours aren't double counted. Just my .02 anyways
That is a good perspective especially on the double counting. I may halve the hours

Status
Not open for further replies.