*~*~*~*Official TMDSAS Questions Thread 2020-2021*~*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just out of curiosity, what about AACOMAS schools vs TMDSAS schools? There may be some people in the "UIW vs SHSU" boat.
SHSU is a TMDSAS school, and I left AACOMAS out of this discussion as I don't feel well enough informed to make statements about their timelines and practices.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Does the waitlist process work in the same manner as the Match, in that you lose the acceptance to your lower-ranked school if accepted off the waitlist at a higher-ranked school? Or would we be able to hold the match acceptance and the waitlist acceptance concurrently, in order to compare between the two schools regarding things like financial aid packages, for example?

Does the waitlist process work in the same manner as the Match, in that you lose the acceptance to your lower-ranked school if accepted off the waitlist at a higher-ranked school? Or would we be able to hold the match acceptance and the waitlist acceptance concurrently, in order to compare between the two schools regarding things like financial aid packages, for example?
Good question -
If offered admission from a waitlist, the choice is up to you. You do not HAVE TO accept the new offer.
You can think it over and decide whether to keep what you have, or accept the new school.

You will be given a deadline to respond from the school making the new offer, though, and it may not give you a lot of time so try to do your thinking in advance. Tuition at most TMDSAS schools is comparable and not many WL offers come with scholarships.

If you turn down the new offer, that's all you have to do.
If you accept the new offer, you must also directly contact your first school, in writing, to withdraw.

Members don't see this ad :)
schools need some time to take a look at who matched with them and will send out WL offers starting in 1-2 weeks. If you get one, respond "yes I want to be on your WL"

Thank you for your advice here. I am thinking of writing a letter of intent. If I do, should I cc my interviewer? I read online that you should cc the person who interviewed you, but I just want to make sure. Thank you again.

Thank you for your advice here. I am thinking of writing a letter of intent. If I do, should I cc my interviewer? I read online that you should cc the person who interviewed you, but I just want to make sure. Thank you again.
You should send it to the admissions office address only. Work on the wording of your letter when you have time, but wait to see if you have been invited to be on their wait list first before sending it in. Good luck!

You should send it to the admissions office address only. Work on the wording of your letter when you have time, but wait to see if you have been invited to be on their wait list first before sending it in. Good luck!
Thank you so much. Should I address it to the Dean of admissions? Thank you again.

Sent my transcripts to TMDSAS a few days ago, what is the usual time until they change the status to "Received"?

@wysdoc I matched to tech but want to wait for other wl (is and oos), does accepting and paying their 100$ fee bind me to them? Sorry still a little confused.

@wysdoc I matched to tech but want to wait for other wl (is and oos), does accepting and paying their 100$ fee bind me to them? Sorry still a little confused.
@das2678 Congratulations on your match and on interviewing at so many great schools!

Texans can & should start doing the paperwork for matriculation at their Match school. You are still eligible to move over to another TX school which offers you a place from their Wait List, until May 15th. To do so, you would accept a new offer if you prefer it to Tech, then write and formally withdraw from your Match school.
You may also politely decline a new offer from a WL and stay with your present school.
After May 15th TMDSAS or Baylor offers from a WL can only go out to applicants with no other Texas offers.

If you are on an OOS WL you could take an offer from there any time before orientation begins at your Texas school.

Last edited:
Super thankful for my acceptance, not thankful for my 19 hr credit load rn lol. So my cumulative gpa is a 3.95 and one of my classes this semester (3000 level chem course non prereq) is beating me up. I might get a C in the course, but all that would do is take me down too a 3.94 cumulatively and a 3.81 for this semester. Should I still be worried? I couldn't find any info on the schools' websites so I brought my neurotiscm here lol.

Super thankful for my acceptance, not thankful for my 19 hr credit load rn lol. So my cumulative gpa is a 3.95 and one of my classes this semester (3000 level chem course non prereq) is beating me up. I might get a C in the course, but all that would do is take me down too a 3.94 cumulatively and a 3.81 for this semester. Should I still be worried? I couldn't find any info on the schools' websites so I brought my neurotiscm here lol.
You won't lose your slot by getting a C. Try to pass or you could even drop the course if it's not too late.

I'm not sure what your match school is, but mine just told me not to get a D or an F!

Some schools have pre matriculation GPA requirements (for example, maybe maintaining a 3.0 or higher). If it is for a pre-req then it might be against matriculation agreements, as some schools do not want a C for a prereq. The prereq standard is likely on the school website. The possible GPA requirement may be on matriculation agreement that will be sent out. I would say that if it was not a pre-req its probably all good. If it was a pre-req, it is not necessarily a game-changer, just be transparent and it probs wont be the end of the world.

Sent my transcripts to TMDSAS a few days ago, what is the usual time until they change the status to "Received"?
I sent my transcripts on feb 4th, two by mail and one was electronic. The electronic one was received within a week, the two that were sent by mail were just marked as received a few days ago so it took a little over a month.

Hey Texans and wannabe Texans! This will be our official TMDSAS Questions thread for 2020-2021.

The 2020-2021 application year is going to have a different timeline and probably many other differences compared to a typical Texas application cycle, because of the COVID-19 pandemic going on. For future readers, this pandemic started affecting the United States in February and March 2020, leading to closure of school campuses and widespread quarantine rules. Most students never returned to their campuses after spring break and completed Spring 2020 term completely online. Chances for volunteer activities were lost and MCAT test dates cancelled for March, April, May, and ??? There are many SDN threads on COVID-19/coronavirus so I know this is an inadequate description of it, but search the site for other discussions.

For now, all I have to show you is the TMDSAS Timeline chart for the 2020-2021 application cycle. The application will open on May 1.
Main differences for this unusual year are:
--Final deadline for submission is October 30
--You may work on and submit your app when ready, but it will be transmitted to the schools no sooner than the 1st week of June
--Do not send your official transcripts to TMDSAS until they email or message you asking for them
--Pre-match offer period ends Jan 31
--Match preference list due from students Feb 19
--Match Day is March 5

LINK to download the 2020-2021 application handbook:
EY 2021 Handbook

Wysdoc

I have a question... is taking the mcat on may 20 too late for tmdsas? what about may 28

I have a question... is taking the mcat on may 20 too late for tmdsas? what about may 28
A May date will be fine, stay calm and focus on your MCAT prep before the test.
After test day and some sleep, log in and work on your primary app.
I will post a new thread for the 2021-2022 application year pretty soon, with a new timeline & all.

I do know that for 2021-2022 cycle:

The updated TMDSAS instruction handbook will be available in mid-April.
May 3 is the first day to log in and start work on the app.
May 17 is the first day you can hit "submit".

Why can't I submit it the first day? So you can and will proofread your app multiple times, print it out and read the hard copy to be sure you didn't leave any blanks or errors, and be sure about it before you submit. A hurried app may contain glitches, and there are very few things you can change or add once you submit your app.

It will take 3-4 weeks for TMDSAS to verify your primary app, and by then your MCAT score will be ready.

Reactions: 2 users
A May date will be fine, stay calm and focus on your MCAT prep before the test.
After test day and some sleep, log in and work on your primary app.
I will post a new thread for the 2021-2022 application year pretty soon, with a new timeline & all.

I do know that for 2021-2022 cycle:

The updated TMDSAS instruction handbook will be available in mid-April.
May 3 is the first day to log in and start work on the app.
May 17 is the first day you can hit "submit".

Why can't I submit it the first day? So you can and will proofread your app multiple times, print it out and read the hard copy to be sure you didn't leave any blanks or errors, and be sure about it before you submit. A hurried app may contain glitches, and there are very few things you can change or add once you submit your app.

It will take 3-4 weeks for TMDSAS to verify your primary app, and by then your MCAT score will be ready.
Hi wysdoc, we still won't need to send in transcripts this year unless TMDSAS requests it from us later on right? We just have to wait until we know our spring grades before filling out that section of the application?

Hi wysdoc, we still won't need to send in transcripts this year unless TMDSAS requests it from us later on right? We just have to wait until we know our spring grades before filling out that section of the application?
Correct! Wait until spring grades are final so you can enter them in manually on the app.
New TMDSAS handbook for EY 2022 should be out in a couple of weeks.
TMDSAS portal will open May 3 to start work, and first day you can submit is May 17 or when your spring grades are available.

Everyone, I'm going to lock this thread to further replies now.

The content will remain on SDN for people to read if they wish.

If you're applying during the 2021-2022 TMDSAS application cycle, come join us over here for more Q&A about the TMDSAS application!

Wysdoc

*~*~*~*Official TMDSAS Questions Thread 2021-2022*~*~*~*

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.