Official UTHSCSA Class of 2008 Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
G0S2 said:
So, I just got into Texas last night and I am going to need to meet you guys on Sunday, um-kay. So, if you could just go ahead and attend the White Coat Ceremony, that would be great.

And I am drinking a cup of coffee right now.

Dude you crack me up.
Meeting all of you guys last night was great... I cant wait to start school because our whole class is freaking awesome. And i cant believe that I never watched office space the whole way through. Lane, thanks for having us over.... and have no fear.... i remembered the fifty freaking codes to enter and exit Fort Knox (aka Carlye Place)

F#%*ing A
dUSTIN

Members don't see this ad.

lane said:
ps. tom's wife is
eek3dance.gif
naughty.gif
embarasseddance.gif

... just don't ask how much I pay her to be seen with me in public.

It was great getting to know you guys. See you at White Coat!

It was great to meet all you guys at Bombay's! And thus, the white coat begins in T minus 15 hours and counting...

Beware the errant pool football! :cool:

Members don't see this ad :)
tycho55 said:
It was great to meet all you guys at Bombay's! And thus, the white coat begins in T minus 15 hours and counting...

Beware the errant pool football! :cool:

psssst the white coat is sunday ;)

lane said:

What do we know about this White Coat Ceremony? Parking, where to meet, etc.?????? :confused:

futrdrbaker said:
Which waitlist did you get on that takes 2 years? When I went in yesterday, the woman told me which waitlists move faster than others (i.e. Parking Garage A, non-reserved on the roof; Zone 2; and a couple of others). I signed up for the waitlist for the Garage A. She said that moves fastest, but didn't give me a timeline. I hope it wasn't the 2 year one!
Also, what's with the three to four year waitlists for reserved spaces? In four years, we'll be done (hopefully)! I guess if you really want it badly enough!

Is it cool if we bring significant others on Wednesday? :love: Neither one of us knows anybody down here, and I don't want to leave him out. If not, that's okay; I understand.
Hey everyone!
In regards to the parking. I went ahead and got Garage B parking on the roof. It is about $300 bucks but it takes me 3 minutes to walk to the medical school from there. It also helps now with all the rain. And keep in mind if you are going to study late at the library. Although it is alot of money I think it is well spent money and like ghost said you are guaranteed a spot. Well, see ya'll soon.

Betty

Hey Carlos!
Wow this website is great. I can't believe school starts in a week. I guess there is no break for us. Hopefully orientation won't be too bad. I am actually looking forward to meeting everyone in our class. So, did you keep the football? We definately need it as a memento of this summer. It was fun wasn't it?

Betty

futrdrbaker said:
What do we know about this White Coat Ceremony? Parking, where to meet, etc.?????? :confused:

hmmm im not sure - i would guess we could park in visitor parking but i know we have to meet at the auditorium - it's right next door to the new building under construction. i wish i wouldve gone today to ask just to be sure but that's the best i got
happysad.gif

lane said:
hmmm im not sure - i would guess we could park in visitor parking but i know we have to meet at the auditorium - it's right next door to the new building under construction. i wish i wouldve gone today to ask just to be sure but that's the best i got
happysad.gif
Hi!
I thought I was the only one home on friday night... So are you excited about sunday? I am.

bl31_uthscsa said:
Hi!
I thought I was the only one home on friday night... So are you excited about sunday? I am.

i'm pumped cuz i'll actually have something to do other than moving all my crap around my apartment :D that and i'll get a free lunch with the fam afterwards :cool:

I'm pretty sure that you can park anywhere on the weekends and during the week after 5pm. So for White Coat, just try to park close to the Auditoriuim.

Well because of the weather, I couldn't make it into SanAntonio until Thursday--Sorry I missed the big get together!

My family is coming today, so I've got to get my apartment all cleaned up.

See everybody tomorrow morning!

~Abbiequeen :)

lane said:

Oh brother, I've completely lost my ability to count. Maybe it was just wishful thinking... :)

As for the parking, we've been told that parking/security guards will be directing cars to adjacent parking areas. Considering there will over 200 of us plus family, friends, guests, I'm thinking it's going to be a mad house. Also, they said guests should be there no later than 9:30-9:40 unless they want to stand outside the auditorium and watch it on a video feed.

See you lovely people very soon!

Members don't see this ad :)
It was a nice ceremony. I do not know most of your names, but I did see lilstina cross the stage. Seriously, I wish you all the best. You are a great group and hopefully the next year will fly by. I am biting at the chomps.

-Chris

Congratulations everyone for surviving the White Coat Ceremony, despite the few difficulties (rain, the late cameraman - in his defense, he said he had "car trouble", way too few seats, etc.) It looks like you guys are going to have a great class judging by the ones I met today. Anyways, congrats again, and especially enjoy this first month of CIC. You're in for a great ride, so hang on. :thumbup:

Kevin
MS-2
UTHSCSA

*sniff* someone have some mexican food for me. I miss TC, chacha's, chachos, and so much more...

WELL kids.... we made it through our first day. How 'bout another exciting day of orientation tomorrow? I just cant wait for more hour long powerpoint presentations. YAWN. See you guys at the bar tonight.

dustin04ag said:
WELL kids.... we made it through our first day. How 'bout another exciting day of orientation tomorrow? I just cant wait for more hour long powerpoint presentations. YAWN. See you guys at the bar tonight.

Just everyone remember to wear your purple leotards with matching headbands and bring your Walkman with casette tape capabilities.

And listen gang---if you bring a Playboy to read during orientation tomorrow, it doesn't matter if it makes YOU comfortable, all that matters is whether or not it makes the person NEXT to you comfortable. Ghost, I'm looking in your direction...

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Seriously, that was quite painful to sit through today. See you guys tonight!

Hey gang!

Could some kind soul please update me on what the UTPD presentation covered? Did they talk about parking? Just curious... ;)

Thanks, and see you guys at registration -- $10,000 later. :)

tycho55 said:
Hey gang!

Could some kind soul please update me on what the UTPD presentation covered? Did they talk about parking? Just curious... ;)

Thanks, and see you guys at registration -- $10,000 later. :)

you need a parking pass to park on campus anytime, but you can park in different zones after 6pm or on weekends.

campus is relatively safe but surrounding areas arent so nice

dont call 911 because SA cops are clueless and they'll probably show up at UTSA. call campus cops if you need help (but i already forgot the number :D)

and...uh...yeah that's about it. it was pretty worthless.

lane said:
dont call 911 because SA cops are clueless and they'll probably show up at UTSA. call campus cops if you need help (but i already forgot the number :D)

567-2800!!! :D Yeah, that's about all I remembered from the presentation.

It was pretty much :sleep: eh guys?

now to wash the smoke outta my hair...

Thanks, lane! Did they mention which parking permits were still available and such? I'm stuck with a Zone V waiting for IV... :(

*tsk* *tsk*

One day into medical school and your already complaining?

*tsk*

;):D

tycho55 said:
Thanks, lane! Did they mention which parking permits were still available and such? I'm stuck with a Zone V waiting for IV... :(

they didnt say anything during the presentation and i'm sure you went by the parking office today but supposedly the waitlists are ~3-6 months for every zone...not quite sure though. all i know is this rain sucks, especially since i walked this morning :oops:

lane said:
they didnt say anything during the presentation and i'm sure you went by the parking office today but supposedly the waitlists are ~3-6 months for every zone...not quite sure though. all i know is this rain sucks, especially since i walked this morning :oops:

Thanks again. Maybe I'll see you around campus! Haven't run into you yet. There's so many of us...

Well I think we need to have another get together because I know who everybody is here and I'm starting to meet people at school, but there is no connection between the two!

I demand that when I am in san antonio that there be a large and well populated gathering.

Definitely. I'll be at Howl at the Moon tonight, arriving sometime before 10pm so I don't have to pay the cover. Wearing a white, short sleeve, button down shirt with collar. Yeah, I know that doesn't help much... :)

Hope to see you guys tonight!

abbiequeen said:
Well I think we need to have another get together because I know who everybody is here and I'm starting to meet people at school, but there is no connection between the two!

Hi Abbiequeen!!!

I PM'ed you a while ago. Did you get it?

I hope the beginning of school is runnin smooth.

i think some of these people need to post their actual names - i'm meeting a lot of people but there's no way in hell i'm gonna ask if someone is on SDN. i've probably met some of you but had to clue :oops:
anyway, howl at the moon was excellent to quite excellent and this weekend should be cool as hell. let us know what everyone is doing so we can get together....

Unfortuntatly, I'm going back to Houston for the 4th to be with my family, so hopefully I can meet y'all elsewhere!

~Abbiequeen

lane said:
i think some of these people need to post their actual names - i'm meeting a lot of people but there's no way in hell i'm gonna ask if someone is on SDN. i've probably met some of you but had to clue :oops:
anyway, howl at the moon was excellent to quite excellent and this weekend should be cool as hell. let us know what everyone is doing so we can get together....
hmm... three guesses what your real name is? ;)

howl at the moon was a lot more fun that i was expecting it to be... turned out to be a good night... from what i remember :oops:

lane, i hope your friend doesnt think im a nut... one thing i do remember is the three-way pinch :laugh:

Okay, this is driving me nuts. I agree with Lane -- I'm sure I've met or at least seen some of you guys, I just don't know it, and I'm not about to ask everyone if they know what SDN is. It would only create more problems. :)

So, my name is Carlos. I was at Howl at the Moon last night, mostly hanging around Tracey, the birthday girl. I'm about 5'7", and incredibly cute. :D Lane I know. Dustin (dustin04ag) I know, too. Same with Rachel (keekee) and Jason (JGL9802) and Tom (pillion). Listina and Abbiequeen, I don't think I've had the pleasure of meeting you two. Or jberg4, RT2004, medic8m, animeita, or Ghost. I definitely want to put a face with all these names! (I hope you guys don't mind me posting your names. If you do, just let me know, and I'll kindly remove them.)

Can't wait to meet you guys!

tycho55 said:
Okay, this is driving me nuts. I agree with Lane -- I'm sure I've met or at least seen some of you guys, I just don't know it, and I'm not about to ask everyone if they know what SDN is. It would only create more problems. :)

So, my name is Carlos. I was at Howl at the Moon last night, mostly hanging around Tracey, the birthday girl. I'm about 5'7", and incredibly cute. :D Lane I know. Dustin (dustin04ag) I know, too. Same with Rachel (keekee) and Jason (JGL9802) and Tom (pillion). Listina and Abbiequeen, I don't think I've had the pleasure of meeting you two. Or jberg4, RT2004, medic8m, animeita, or Ghost. I definitely want to put a face with all these names! (I hope you guys don't mind me posting your names. If you do, just let me know, and I'll remove them.)

Can't wait to meet you guys!

I feel so...so... exposed.

I'm Deborah, the only Deborah in the class. I'm terrible with names, so I might have met you and might not.

~Deborah :)

actually, tycho, i think you may have been a few people in front of me in the registration line ;)

lane, i know :D and dustin i've met, whether he remembers me or not! and anyone who knows animeita probably knows who i am... we're the ones always falling asleep and not paying attention during orientation... wait, i think that would be almost everyone else ;)

I suppose I'll "out" medic8m-- Andrew. As his parents are still in town, we haven't been out to the after-orientation events, but we look forward to meeting you soon.

For any of your significant others out there, maybe we can grab a beer sometime and commiserate about never seeing our loved ones again for 4+ years.... ;)

(Ah, who I am kidding? I'll be lucky if my law firm allows me any time to commiserate...)

At any rate, GOOD LUCK to each of you, and if any of you live in/near Promontory Pointe, don't hesitate to stop by sometime! (#7304)

--Kaycie

enjoy the weekend peoples.
for you are the lucky ones to have school start on Monday :)

good luck on the start of your medical journey and hope all of you succeed and most importantly, survive!

Hey Guys...

There is a big group of us going to First Friday in downtown tonight.. If anybody wants to go, we are meeting at the Lodge pool at 5:45 and then going to eat and then drinking the night away. So everybody needs to get their drink on before school starts. If anybody wants to meet up with us later my cell is 979.421.2237

dustin

dustin04ag said:
Hey Guys...

There is a big group of us going to First Friday in downtown tonight.. If anybody wants to go, we are meeting at the Lodge pool at 5:45 and then going to eat and then drinking the night away. So everybody needs to get their drink on before school starts. If anybody wants to meet up with us later my cell is 979.421.2237

dustin

I'm back in LA for the long weekend, but I'll be back first thing Monday morning and we'll do some more partying next weekend.

Hey, Jason, could you PM me with Marisol's number? She called me but didn't leave her number, and I don't have the contact sheet with me. Thanks, gross lab buddy! :)

JGL9802 said:
wow a doctor and a lawyer- just like the cosby show. Be sure to introduce us to any cute lawyer friends.

Gosh I'm sorry I missed first friday, I'll be sure to catch it next month. I ended up going mountain biking and rafting. It was fun. I'd like to plan a large tubing trip soon, maybe Sat the 17th? The comal river is the best, it goes right past Sliterbahn water park. Let me know if your interested at [email protected]

Maybe I'll make a flyer and let everyone know. I can see it now:

"COME ONE COME ALL, FLOAT THE COMAL!"

Jason Lozano

You can meet cute, soon to be lawyers during the malpractice bowl if they still have it. Some time in the fall, the MS1 will play the LS1 from st mary's (and the ms2 play ls2's) at touch football. there is often a mixer the night before.
:D

JGL9802 said:
wow a doctor and a lawyer- just like the cosby show. Be sure to introduce us to any cute lawyer friends.

Gosh I'm sorry I missed first friday, I'll be sure to catch it next month. I ended up going mountain biking and rafting. It was fun. I'd like to plan a large tubing trip soon, maybe Sat the 17th? The comal river is the best, it goes right past Sliterbahn water park. Let me know if your interested at [email protected]

Maybe I'll make a flyer and let everyone know. I can see it now:

"COME ONE COME ALL, FLOAT THE COMAL!"

Jason Lozano

Don't forget your sun lotion and coca-cola! ...oow...ouch...

hey yall

we were talking about going to a missions game tonight at 7, watching the fireworks afterwards, then heading to a comedy club downtown on commerce st.

tickets to the ballgame are $3-9, depending on where we want to sit, and tickets to the comedy club are $12.

give me a call if you're interested in coming - 210-541-9546

JGL9802 said:

Yeah, I'm a regular Claire Huxtable... except without the five kids and cooking skills... :p

Cute lawyers?! Is there such a thing? I'll be on the lookout, nonetheless. :thumbup:

lane said:
hey yall

we were talking about going to a missions game tonight at 7, watching the fireworks afterwards, then heading to a comedy club downtown on commerce st.

tickets to the ballgame are $3-9, depending on where we want to sit, and tickets to the comedy club are $12.

YEAH!!!! And all the cool kids are doing it. I think we are meeting at the lodge pool at 6

lane said:
hey yall

Hope y'all had fun last night. I needed to spend some time with the little wife. But definitely next time... I love the ol' ball game.

i'm having a nip/tuck watching party at my place tomorrow night (tuesday) around 9ish if anyone wants to come

give me a call and let me know

DODGEBALL tomorrow at Duke's 7:00pm

find me tomorrow or give me a call if you want to play - we're gonna try to get a few teams together. i'm gonna go early at 5:30 to sign everyone up. holla!

If anyone is interested in going to a Baptist Church on Sunday please let me know. :D I have gone there a couple times and everyone is really nice but it sucks going by myself. It is on Wurzbach. Sunday school begins at around 9:30 and the service begins around 10:45 :sleep: . You don't have to be of a certain religion to go. So if anyone is interested please give me a call at (210) 541-0331.

Beatriz Lopez