Oregon State University c/o 2018 Applicants!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got an alternate email today too...OOS, Non-WICHE. I'm just excited there is half of an iota of a chance I'm going to vet school next year :)

I got the email at 5:50pm EST. Good luck to everyone in limbo!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Got my alternate email today too! OOS Cali res.
Doesn't seem like any OOS got acceptances yet huh? Maybe they're snail mailing those! Well good luck ya'll! :)
I hate waiting...so the wait list just gives me even more anxiety! :(

Last years acceptance thread had them sent via e-mail, so guessing they'll do that again.

I am honestly so thankful for technology. I could not even imagine having to wait for snail mail acceptances/rejections!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Last years acceptance thread had them sent via e-mail, so guessing they'll do that again.

I am honestly so thankful for technology. I could not even imagine having to wait for snail mail acceptances/rejections!
Agreed! Yeah it looks like acceptances haven't gone out yet...? Fingers crossed for good news!

Agreed! Yeah it looks like acceptances haven't gone out yet...? Fingers crossed for good news!
If that's the case, it really puts all of us still waiting in the weirdest position! I am disappointed that I didn't get an alternate but at the same time I am excited that I still have the chance of acceptance but even more confused because rejection is still very likely!

Reactions: 5 users
If that's the case, it really puts all of us still waiting in the weirdest position! I am disappointed that I didn't get an alternate but at the same time I am excited that I still have the chance of acceptance but even more confused because rejection is still very likely!

Yes, I wish they sent out all the rejections today, too.

so two people just posted on the official rejections for Oregon state...l does that mean rejection went out today too?????

Hey all! Congrats to those of you who are on the alternate list! As for what that means for you, don't give up hope. A girl in our class didn't get pulled off the alternate list and officially accepted until the month before classes start, so there is lots of hope!!
I'm not sure how fast they sent out rejections/acceptances for OOS, but for those who are applying as an instate, we didn't get notification, by email, of an interview invite until beginning of January or so. Interviews were held the last two weeks of January. They let you know whether you are accepted shortly thereafter...I found out 6 days after my interview.

I know the waiting is painful, but hang in there and best of luck to all of you!

I saw someone post that they got a rejection :( and I've seen alternates, but any acceptances? I haven't received any emails, but Oregon was a long shot for me.

Last year they did alternates and rejections on 1/3 and acceptances 12/5. Are they doing the reverse this year? Ok, I need to stop obsessing and study for finals. Going crazy! !:p

I have not heard anything from Oregon :( This makes me even more nervous.

How many alternates does OSU take? how many actually get in? I got an interview for both Oregon state and WSU. Not sure what's next.

Members don't see this ad :)
I keep reading that darned email over again. Just to make sure I read it right. Gah!

Has anyone been in contact with the admissions office/know if any acceptances have been sent out?

Oregon State's timeline is making me really nervous... They haven't sent out any IS info yet, have they? :nailbiting: I wonder why they send out OOS acceptances/waitlists before IS interview invites. Maybe they have a predetermined number of OOS and IS acceptances to give out each year?

Oregon State's timeline is making me really nervous... They haven't sent out any IS info yet, have they? :nailbiting: I wonder why they send out OOS acceptances/waitlists before IS interview invites. Maybe they have a predetermined number of OOS and IS acceptances to give out each year?
If you're IS you won't hear anything until January. Last year they did the same thing: a wave of OOS offers/declines went out in early December. The OOS waitlist is huge, but it seemed to move a lot. They have about 40 IS spots and 16ish OOS/WICHE

Hang in there!

Congrats beforeisleep! And congrats to cadiestrama for making the waitlist!

So I guess for those of that didn't hear.... Safe to say we are rejected? :-/

Going nuts waiting. I check my email a bazillion times a day. Congrats on acceptances and alternates! :D

OMG nevermind my previous post... I am an alternate!! I just got the email.. It was dated Dec 6th at 5:15 pm... Very weird lol

Congrats to everyone who got accepted or waitlisted!!:highfive: And good luck to the alternates!

Well, it's been fun folks. Rejected last night.

Rejected yesterday. Le sigh.
Congrats to everyone who got in.

Rejected.... OOS non-WICHE.... was waitlisted last year, came back with significantly more hours so maybe the application pool is stronger this year.
Congrats to all who got accepted.

I was just emailed & told that the cut off GPA for science was 3.5 & that there was really a lot of competition this year.

They also said they cut off below a certain number of vet hours. I didn't ask how many, but if anyone else does, I'd love to know! I'm not going to bother Michelle anymore, I'm sure she has enough to do & has already been most helpful.

For the OOS students, do they always offer a $1,000 scholarship? Did anyone else get the same thing in the email?

Just got an interview invite! :soexcited: IS - I guess they're sending invites earlier this year. It's nice to have a shorter wait.

Also - was anyone else instructed to send Fall 2013 transcripts to VMCAS? I thought VMCAS was closed, and that fall transcripts would need to be sent directly to the school...

Congrats to all the accepted and alternates! Does anyone know how many alternates there are?

Just got an interview invite! :soexcited: IS - I guess they're sending invites earlier this year. It's nice to have a shorter wait.

Also - was anyone else instructed to send Fall 2013 transcripts to VMCAS? I thought VMCAS was closed, and that fall transcripts would need to be sent directly to the school...
Congrats!! I am not sure about for oregon state, but other schools like iowa and lsu have asked us to send directly to vmcas.... So it's apparently still open. Congrats again!

Alternate. Congrats to those that got in! So exciting!

I am so happy we avoided the MMI format when we intereviewed (IS anyways). I'm not sure I would be able to do well in that format.

And I second what Virginger said! Contact Patrick and he will arrange a tour and discussion with other students and yes, they do keep record of who visits and when, which you also mark on your supplemental app.

Good luck with moving in! Moving is stressful and such a hassle!

why? is MMI more difficult? I am not really sure what to expect with MMI.

why? is MMI more difficult? I am not really sure what to expect with MMI.

I don't think MMI is more difficult per se, I just think that many of us are of the opinion that evaluating an individual's character shouldn't be based entirely on numbers/a score...

At least for me personally, many of my numbers sucked. I think my interview was one of the few reasons I got in :\

I am not really familiar with the MMI format. I know they give different scenarios and all that, but can you give me some pointers on what to expect?what kind of questions should I be expecting?ethical? medical? personal?

I am not really familiar with the MMI format. I know they give different scenarios and all that, but can you give me some pointers on what to expect?what kind of questions should I be expecting?ethical? medical? personal?
I don't think MMI is more difficult per se, I just think that many of us are of the opinion that evaluating an individual's character shouldn't be based entirely on numbers/a score...

At least for me personally, many of my numbers sucked. I think my interview was one of the few reasons I got in :\

i can't speak for oregon but i actually enjoyed my MMI at Davis... it was much better than the "interrogation style" interview I underwent at other schools where they bombarded me with a million ethical questions.... Since the interviewers couldn't reply or show any responses or emotions during MMI, i felt less judged and less pressure!

Accepted!!! :D:soexcited: (IS) This is my first acceptance to any school, so I'm extra happy! Now, time to annoy everyone I know with overexcited texts/emails/phone calls...

Accepted!!! :D:soexcited: (IS) This is my first acceptance to any school, so I'm extra happy! Now, time to annoy everyone I know with overexcited texts/emails/phone calls...

Yay!!!!!! Congrats! :soexcited::hardy::thumbup::)