OT: Fitness 2.0

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Just sailed to the top of the challenge leaderboard! :-D

... but may not be able to walk tomorrow.

Dang it. I will try to beat you tomorrow. Was too sore today.

Members don't see this ad :)
I will own you all next week. Starting the 6th is Hero Week at my gym. Crazy intense WODs in honor or military men and their K9 companions. I might end up in the hospital with rhabdo as a result of it, but eh.

This week might be kind of lazy again if I have to make more trips to Philly to see the apartment and put down my deposit, sign the lease, etc.

Week1 Day1 of C25K is done. Haha Is there any way to really track that on fitocracy?

Week1 Day1 of C25K is done. Haha Is there any way to really track that on fitocracy?

If you keep track of heartrate or distance you definitely can.

Ex. I walked my dog for 50 minutes without tracking either and got 30 points. Another member walked for 30 minutes and tracked heartrate for 210 points.

Feeling under the weather today (surprisingly not muscles/joint issues) so will probably concede the spot :-(.

I have no idea about distance. So I'll just add up all the walking minutes and the running minutes, I guess. I just thought all the C25K programs would be the same, so there might be an option for it..

PP, you can always get a exercise tracker app. I have sports tracker. Will keep the time and distance and avg speed of walks and runs. Pretty sure it would run with a C25K app on.

So I was running on the treadmill and it froze at a running speed. I was not able to decrease my speed and had to switch treadmills. The new treadmill emergency stopped for no reason (honestly I didn't touch a thing). I think the universe is trying to tell me something.

Apparently my C25K program stops the workout when I get out of the program, so I have to start over. It plays my music while I run though, so that's great. If the tracker works while I'm in another program, then that'd be great!

Apparently my C25K program stops the workout when I get out of the program, so I have to start over. It plays my music while I run though, so that's great. If the tracker works while I'm in another program, then that'd be great!

That sucks.

So today I did day 3 of C25K outside. I did not like it. I am appreciating the treadmill.

Though I am going to give my phone credit. I had my music, my C25K app, and Sports Tracker all running and my battery isn't dead.

I had it all running together, too! And it looked like this time the c25k kept working after I accidentally closed it one time.. I don't know. I'll have to try it out on purpose to see.

Both my runs were outside this week. In a very hilly neighborhood. Not fun. One more run here this week and then all of next week and then I can go to the gym! :) But I guess the hills can only help me..

I tried running with Ivy and she sucks as a runner. :laugh: so went alone yesterday. I think I went a lot faster without her.

I also stopped focusing on my breathing so much. Instead I counted my steps (always up to 10 and then start again to not confuse myself haha) and I felt much better during the running. Thanks to whoever suggested that.

I had it all running together, too! And it looked like this time the c25k kept working after I accidentally closed it one time.. I don't know. I'll have to try it out on purpose to see.

Both my runs were outside this week. In a very hilly neighborhood. Not fun. One more run here this week and then all of next week and then I can go to the gym! :) But I guess the hills can only help me..

I tried running with Ivy and she sucks as a runner. :laugh: so went alone yesterday. I think I went a lot faster without her.

I also stopped focusing on my breathing so much. Instead I counted my steps (always up to 10 and then start again to not confuse myself haha) and I felt much better during the running. Thanks to whoever suggested that.

I ran with my dog, she did not like it.

I am going to try the counting ten steps!!

I ran with my dog, she did not like it.

I am going to try the counting ten steps!!

Mine runs too slow. And I'm a super slow runner. :laugh:

My sides usually hurt really badly, so I tried the breathing control and it didn't get better. With counting the steps, I think I'm just too distracted to be hurt. :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
I got in the pool tonight! :woot: Swam laps for 25 minutes, alternating free, back and breast. Completely forgot what a full-body workout actual swimming is....it felt great, but I am exhausted.

And you guys gave me the extra motivation to do it. Thanks so much! :D

I'm thinking about trying out the pool this year at the gym. I've always enjoyed swimming laps, so why not? I just wish I could listen to music while I did it..

I just wish I could listen to music while I did it..

I know! I think I could cruise if I had some music to take my mind of breathing. haha

Just deadlifted more than I weigh!
140 lbs x 1 (x3!)

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

It's a great feeling isn't it???

I did that a few weeks ago. I'm worried I can't even do it now since I took a week off because of my shoulders and then this past week has been ridiculous between work and trying to get my apartment situation figured out. I wanted to go to the gym today, but worked until 6...

Hoping to be able to go tomorrow and then next week is Hero Week. I'm so thrilled that their honoring the K9 companions this year. It's just so fitting with me going off to vet school two weeks later. I really hope I can make through all 7 days this year. I think I only missed one day last year and Hero Week started like the 3rd day I attended classes.

Here's what I'm looking forward to:
Monday Cooper & Wiens (530, 930, 530): Paul
5 rds
50 Double Unders
35 KTE
20 yd OH Walk

Tuesday Bingo & Neff (530, 630, 930, 530): Wood
5 rds
400m run
10 Burpee Box Jump
10 SDHP
10 Thrusters

Wednesday Cane & Crouse (530, 930, 530):
21-18-15-12-9-6-3 (BC 100′ after each rd.)
Swing, Ring Dip, Squat

Thursday Theo & Tasker (530, 630, 930, 530): Santora
Fight Style (5 – 5min rds)
Squat Clean, Shuttle Run, Deadlift, Burpee, Jerk

Friday Flapoor (530, 930, 530): Strange
8 rds
600m run
11 Wt Pullups
11 Wt Lunge Steps
11 KB Thruster

Saturday Cole & Holm (930): CF Special
CF 40-30-20
***1030am: Berks County Sheriff K9 Demonstration (pending availability)
(donations accepted)

Sunday Jynx & Pagerly (8, 9): Forrest
3 rds
20 Pullups (L or regular kip)
30 T2B (KTE)
40 Burpees
800m run
***10am Warrior Breakfast

Tomorrow is Day 3 of Week 1 of C25K. Not sure if I'm looking forward to it or not..

No motivation to go to the gym today. I have to do week 2 day 1 of C25K.

No motivation to go to the gym today. I have to do week 2 day 1 of C25K.

Just do it. Don't give yourself an option.

People are always amazed that I do my long runs in the mornings but it's just habit. Your alarm goes off at six so you get up and go. No option.

People are always amazed that I do my long runs in the mornings but it's just habit. Your alarm goes off at six so you get up and go. No option.

Oh, I will. I am just thinking of going at 3 or 4 though.

I don't know how you can run so early in the morning. I'm so uncoordinated at that time. The only thing I could probably do that early is swim because I think it comes more naturally to me since I've done it for longer. Running, nope. I'm more of an evening workout person. Any time between 5-9 is prime coordination time for me.

Running doesn't seem to be working out for me today. Got some other stuff that needs to get done. Maybe tomorrow. :laugh:

Went for a run. Came back after 2.7 miles completely drenched because it's really effing humid out. Neighbor, outside to smoke, sees me and says, "It's hot to be running out here, hon." No, really? Thank you for telling me that.

Went for a run. Found out I can't run away from my life :(. Break up sadness is ruining my plans to be fit.

I went to the gym. Ran. Doing crunches, then some stretching. That is it. I will get back in weights tomorrow or monday

Sent from my PC36100 using SDN Mobile

Alright PP and wld, you've convinced me to try the C25K again. I found a 3 x week schedule that I think I can do this time so we shall see.

Thanks for the motivation! :thumbup:

Woohoo! My mom is leaving today, so I can do my third run tonight. I'm trying to run M, W and F because I work weekends and would like the break then. And need the extra time after work for studying.

Went for a run. Found out I can't run away from my life :(. Break up sadness is ruining my plans to be fit.

:( I find stationary cycling to be the best when I feel like that. I can go hard enough to make it hurt without injuring myself. (But curling up with some ice cream is also a valid option). When you are focused on just getting oxygen, everything else tends to melt away.

*hugs*

Alright PP and wld, you've convinced me to try the C25K again. I found a 3 x week schedule that I think I can do this time so we shall see.

Thanks for the motivation! :thumbup:

I do Get Running. British lady just tells me what to do. I am glad PP and I can motivate.

I need some motivation to go to the gym later today.

I just typed in C25K and one came up.

C25K - Trainer F... (it has a pink bow at the right bottom of the icon.)

I do Get Running. British lady just tells me what to do. I am glad PP and I can motivate.

I need some motivation to go to the gym later today.

Just did Day 1 and was cussing you guys the whole way! :laugh: Not sure this is going to work, but I'll give it another go on Tuesday.

Which means you HAVE to go to the gym today as payback. :D

Good thing I wasn't quoted there, so I don't have any obligations. :cool: :laugh:

I hated my first run. Feels good afterwards, but while you're running? UGH.

I just typed in C25K and one came up.

C25K - Trainer F... (it has a pink bow at the right bottom of the icon.)

Good thing I wasn't quoted there, so I don't have any obligations. :cool: :laugh:

I hated my first run. Feels good afterwards, but while you're running? UGH.

:smuggrin: Now you are. You must pay for my misery as well today. RUN! RUN! RUN! :smuggrin:

:smuggrin: Now you are. You must pay for my misery as well today. RUN! RUN! RUN! :smuggrin:

I really need to. It will bother me otherwise if my C25K weeks don't line up with the actual week. :laugh:

I really need to. It will bother me otherwise if my C25K weeks don't line up with the actual week. :laugh:

That is how mine is! My week 2 started on a Saturday. I didn't want to take more time off though, so did it anyways.

All right y'all. Gauntlet time. As a previous finisher of C25k who has been slacking since running an all downhill 10k in April, I am officially signed up for a 1/2 marathon in September. Yeah, 6 weeks to go from 5k to like 20k

Bring it! My slow ass needs motivation!

All right y'all. Gauntlet time. As a previous finisher of C25k who has been slacking since running an all downhill 10k in April, I am officially signed up for a 1/2 marathon in September. Yeah, 6 weeks to go from 5k to like 20k

Bring it! My slow ass needs motivation!

Wow FTB! That makes me :scared:

I want to run a 5k next year. Knowing me, I'd probably still suck after C25K, so I'm giving myself more time. I'd also really like to be able to do a triathlon, so I need to get a good bike finally (which will make getting to work easier also than what it is on my sucky bike now) and finally start using that pool at school.

I want to run a 5k next year. Knowing me, I'd probably still suck after C25K, so I'm giving myself more time. I'd also really like to be able to do a triathlon, so I need to get a good bike finally (which will make getting to work easier also than what it is on my sucky bike now) and finally start using that pool at school.

My first 5K is next month. I suck. I am pretty sure I will come in last. I told my friend that she isn't allowed to say a word.

My first 5K is next month. I suck. I am pretty sure I will come in last. I told my friend that she isn't allowed to say a word.

I don't wanna go alone, so if I find someone that wants to go with me, then I'll do one sooner. :)

Are you walking the whole thing?
If not, you probably won't be last. And you're doing it! The slowest person is still lapping the couch potato yadda yadda. It will be awesome!

Are you walking the whole thing?
If not, you probably won't be last. And you're doing it! The slowest person is still lapping the couch potato yadda yadda. It will be awesome!

Not walking the whole thing. So I know I won't be last. Just have a pushy friend (not in a motivating good way)