OT: SDN - Book Club

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Been carrying "Bird Sense- What It's Like To Be a Bird" for a while but have yet to get through first chapter 🙁 I've read the Enchanted Forest Chronicles so many times since I was in junior high--one of my most favorite series ever. It's whimsical and funny--love it!! Suggested for those who want a quick read and laugh!
 
👍 I was not disappointed!

I just finished Heaven is for Real as well. I won't go into my beliefs other than by saying they are not at all what the author subscribes to, but I thought it was an interesting read and enjoyed it.

I'm about to start Ender's Game, but I'm off to listen to a radiology lecture before that happens...

Anyone else reading anything not related to school right now?

The fact that the author of Ender's Game is a giant douche made me sad, love the series.

Really random thing that I re-read during winter break... I found a box of old books in a closet, and most of my old Animorphs series was in there. I might have read a dozen or two. 😀
 
Does anyone have any good suggestions for animal-related books (non-fiction)? I have to write a book report (yes, a book report. Literally can't remember the last time I did one of those!) for a sociology class on an animal book (the class is called Animals in Society). I was thinking of doing Alexandra Horowitz's book called "Inside of a Dog" since I already own it. Suggestions for books on the shorter side are appreciated since I'm crunched for time. 🙂 Thanks!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone have any good suggestions for animal-related books (non-fiction)? I have to write a book report (yes, a book report. Literally can't remember the last time I did one of those!) for a sociology class on an animal book (the class is called Animals in Society). I was thinking of doing Alexandra Horowitz's book called "Inside of a Dog" since I already own it. Suggestions for books on the shorter side are appreciated since I'm crunched for time. 🙂 Thanks!!

How about "Alex and Me" by Irene Pepperberg? Alex is the African grey parrot that she trained to distinguish between different objects and shapes, among other things. She's still working with other parrots since his passing.
 
Does anyone have any good suggestions for animal-related books (non-fiction)? I have to write a book report (yes, a book report. Literally can't remember the last time I did one of those!) for a sociology class on an animal book (the class is called Animals in Society). I was thinking of doing Alexandra Horowitz's book called "Inside of a Dog" since I already own it. Suggestions for books on the shorter side are appreciated since I'm crunched for time. 🙂 Thanks!!
Zoobiquity!
 
How about "Alex and Me" by Irene Pepperberg? Alex is the African grey parrot that she trained to distinguish between different objects and shapes, among other things. She's still working with other parrots since his passing.

Zoobiquity!

Thanks!! Just ordered both off of Amazon 😀 I got "Alex and Me" approved by my professor, but I'm also going to ask about "Zoobiquity"! You guys rock👍
 
Just finished The Heiress by Susan May Warren. I like stories in that time era and this one was ok. I wouldn't spend money on it but it was a free iBook. I always hated reading on the iPad or iPhone but I got one of those credit card cases a few days ago. Now it feels more like a book when I hold it and I can't stop reading. haha