General Admissions & OTCAS OTCAS 2019-2020 MOT Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Submit my applications yesterday. I didn’t send in my GRE score with a specific OTCAS code, I just input the school. Would they still arrive or do I have to pay now to send them again? My application status says “Complete” so I’m unsure.
Did you use the code the school’s OT department specifically stated on their website? If so, you should be fine. Your OTCAS application won’t reflect if the school received your GRE...you will need to confirm with the school directly. But wait until the status changes to “verified”...the schools don’t receive your app until OTCAS verifies it.

Members don't see this ad.

Oh good luck with everything! Maybe we'll end up in the same cohort somewhere
I have an interview with west coast but havent heard back form anyone else
thank you a bunch! and maybe thatd be awesome! best of luck to you. im hoping to turn in OTCAS this week

Members don't see this ad :)
Lmao I think Stanbridge is playing with me. I submitted it back in mid September and never received a confirmation email indicating it was received or so. I called the admissions office a few weeks ago to verify if they have my applications but was only sent the run around. The spokesperson told me someone would call me later that day to verify but never received a call back.

Reactions: 1 user
Did you use the code the school’s OT department specifically stated on their website? If so, you should be fine. Your OTCAS application won’t reflect if the school received your GRE...you will need to confirm with the school directly. But wait until the status changes to “verified”...the schools don’t receive your app until OTCAS verifies it.

I don’t know for sure bc I just input the school name and the OT department. And my application just switched to saying “verified” after getting an email that said they verified my coursework!

Lmao I think Stanbridge is playing with me. I submitted it back in mid September and never received a confirmation email indicating it was received or so. I called the admissions office a few weeks ago to verify if they have my applications but was only sent the run around. The spokesperson told me someone would call me later that day to verify but never received a call back.

im in the same boat as you.... I submitted my app to standbridge in mid-September but haven’t heard anything from them yet...

Anyone attending West Coast University interview this fri 11/15??

I don’t know for sure bc I just input the school name and the OT department. And my application just switched to saying “verified” after getting an email that said they verified my coursework!
Excellent! You can contact your schools now! You can also look at your GRE score report and see the codes you used and cross check them against the school’s OT webpage.

I applied to Dominican, Standbridge and West Coast!

I havent heard anything from Dominican. My application got thrown out of West Coast because of the graduation deadline. I received a call the other day for an interview at Stanbridge.

I hope you hear from Dominican and Samuel Merrit soon!

Oh! I haven't gotten a call from stanbridge yet. Do they only call to set up not email? Do you know what happens if you miss their first call?

I am so sorry! I would try and contact Kate about it. I never received a confirmation email. I just called the orange county number and got in touch with the admissions office and asked for Kate. I hope that you can get in contact soon.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh! I haven't gotten a call from stanbridge yet. Do they only call to set up not email? Do you know what happens if you miss their first call?

Yes, they only called. I did not receive an email. I feel like they will continue to call you though if you don't answer :)

Yes, they only called. I did not receive an email. I feel like they will continue to call you though if you don't answer :)

Thanks for the tip I'll reach out to Kate. But it is kind of frustrating I wish they would email since calling is sometimes very inefficient.

I applied to St. Augustine and I can't find much info on the whole application process. I got a confirmation email to sign up for a review call and I am confused as to what the point of the phone call is? Is it like a mini interview? Or is it truly just to go over stats? And what is the point of the phone call if it is just to go over stats?

I applied to St. Augustine and I can't find much info on the whole application process. I got a confirmation email to sign up for a review call and I am confused as to what the point of the phone call is? Is it like a mini interview? Or is it truly just to go over stats? And what is the point of the phone call if it is just to go over stats?

That is interesting I never got a email to sign up for a review call. Erin Sheehan just called me to go over my stats and gave me a heads up that I was set to apply for the Summer session. A couple days later I got an invite for an interview. Hope that helps!

That is interesting I never got a email to sign up for a review call. Erin Sheehan just called me to go over my stats and gave me a heads up that I was set to apply for the Summer session. A couple days later I got an invite for an interview. Hope that helps!
I had gotten a call previously about my stats, but that was before I had even applied to the program which is why I am confused, and dont even know how they got my phone number honestly haha

It should be a call that goes over your application and makes sure you have everything in. After the call Erin should send your application through to the review committee

Sara Miller is the assistant director of admissions and so I've been speaking to her! Her email is [email protected]
They replied and told me to not worry about sending my GRE score only after I sent it, they said they only need it once you are accepted.. which honestly doesn't make sense. This was what the response was.. "Your application has been received and verified. GRE scores are not a concern at this point. We require them to be sent once students are accepted. We will be making decisions in February."

Hi! Just got an acceptance email from CSUDH! They said physical letters are also being sent. Keep checking!! Best of luck everyone!

Reactions: 4 users
I got invited to interview at Samuel Merritt in December! Anyone else?

Hi! I got an interview to TWU next week. Does anyone know how the process goes? I read the email about the different aspects of the whole process, (the one-on-one, the tour, the essay...) does anyone have any information from past interviews either there or at another school about what it is like? Maybe what the essay is like, lol? I'm NOT looking forward to that.

Hi! Just got an acceptance email from CSUDH! They said physical letters are also being sent. Keep checking!! Best of luck everyone!
How did you hear about your acceptance? AND CONGRATULATIONS!!! ^___^

I'm curious if they sent out all the acceptances at once :-(( im losing hope with dominguez haha
I know it's nerve wracking. I'm sure they do it in certain batches. my GRE score is what is killing me rn ;-; they did say until late November so don't lose hope :)

I know it's nerve wracking. I'm sure they do it in certain batches. my GRE score is what is killing me rn ;-; they did say until late November so don't lose hope :)
omg me too!! hahaah i did terrible on the GRE, hoping my personal statement or gpa can pull through. i won't lose hope!! thanks for the encouragement <3

omg me too!! hahaah i did terrible on the GRE, hoping my personal statement or gpa can pull through. i won't lose hope!! thanks for the encouragement <3
yeah I retook it on the 8th for other schools I'm applying to and I luckily scored better. but CSUDH is my top choice. I applied anyways because my GPA, pre req GPA and hours/ volunteering i felt would help. I just hope they look at it holistically as OTs should :,) and of course!<3 you did what you could and we're all in it together

Congratulations!! thats amazing. Keeping hope for good news soon.. would you mind sharing your stats?

I got accepted to CSUDH yesterday through email as well!

I also applied for USC, Samuel Merritt, San Jose State, and West Coast University, but I haven't heard anything from them yet.
Good luck everyone! (-:

Reactions: 1 users
I got accepted to CSUDH yesterday through email as well!

I also applied for USC, Samuel Merritt, San Jose State, and West Coast University, but I haven't heard anything from them yet.
Good luck everyone! (-:
Congrats! Where is your first choice? Are you thinking about taking up CSUDH's offer?

Congratulations!! thats amazing. Keeping hope for good news soon.. would you mind sharing your stats?
Thank you! And no problem: GRE V: 156, GRE Q: 156, Writing: 5.5 ; GPA: 3.4 pre req GPA: 3.8

Congratulation! There is a Facebook group for the incoming cohort !

Just search CSUDH MSOT Cohort 16

Congrats! Where is your first choice? Are you thinking about taking up CSUDH's offer?

Hi, congrats to you too!
I'm conflicted because while I do like CSUDH, it isn't my first choice. I just wish I had a little more time to decide. I would say that Samuel Merritt or SJSU are my top choices. What about you?

Hi, congrats to you too!
I'm conflicted because while I do like CSUDH, it isn't my first choice. I just wish I had a little more time to decide. I would say that Samuel Merritt or SJSU are my top choices. What about you?
How much time do they give you to decide to accept the offer?