General Admissions & OTCAS OTCAS 2019-2020 MOT Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How long did it take you guys to hear back from St. Augustine (Austin campus)? I submitted my app this week for the MOT program and hope I'll hear back soon!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
How long did it take you guys to hear back from St. Augustine (Austin campus)? I submitted my app this week for the MOT program and hope I'll hear back soon!
I was emailed about an interview 3 days after applying!

Hey guys! Best of luck to all of you on your admissions processes! I wanted to post some stats since they are borderline, and see if anybody has heard back from any of the schools I have applied to!

Undergrad: Penn State
Major: International Relations, minor in French
GPA: cumulative- 3.2
prereq-3.9
(I went back and took prereqs online through community college - my undergrad transcript is a trainwreck but i ended with a 3.0
GRE: v 154, q 154, AW (not sure yet, still pending grade)
Hours: 20 inpatient geriatric, 165 school for children with disabilities
LOR: 2 OTs, 1 professor
experience: Psychology lab research 1 semester, internship in Paris, France for a conference on Lung Health, 2 years of project management professional exoerience at a translation company, currently a paraprofessional at a school for children with disabilities

Application verified 10/15

Applied to: Western New England U, Clarkson, Salus, Thomas Jefferson U (East falls campus), Widener, Midwestern U Downers Grove, Gannon (Ruskin), Wesley College, University of St Augustine (Austin), Sacred Heart, Rush, Chatham, Shenandoah....Im open to applying more places
Interviews:
Rejections:
Acceptances:

Any input would be much appreciated!! :)

For those who applied to St. Augustine, did you receive a confirmation email from both OTCAS and St. Aug after you submitted? I finished the supplemental app and OTCAS two days ago and only got a confirmation email from OTCAS that I submitted.

Reactions: 1 user
For those who applied to St. Augustine, did you receive a confirmation email from both OTCAS and St. Aug after you submitted? I finished the supplemental app and OTCAS two days ago and only got a confirmation email from OTCAS that I submitted.
I talked with Erin Sheehan constantly and she was super helpful. She’s an advisor. Her number is 760-410-5399 I would call her if you don’t get one in a few days!

Hi guys!
I have recently applied to about 10 schools through OTCAS. So far, I have interviewed at Messiah and have an interview next week at Salus University. Has anyone interviewed there yet? What is the interview process like there? I also have an interview at Hofstra University in November and am not super familiar yet with their interview process. Here are my stats and the places I applied too. Any advice would be great!
School: Gettysburg College
Major: Health Sciences; Minor: Education
Cum GPA: 3.5
Prerequisite GPA: 3.4-3.8
OT Hours: 196 total- 164 hand therapy; 12 inpatient; 16 hospital setting
Recommendations: 2 OT, 1 professor
Research senior year: Individualized research study on hand grips
GRE: Not good haha. 147 V, 144 Q, 5 Analytical Writing (I am not taking the GRE again)
So far, I have only heard back from Hofstra, Salus, and Messiah- but I got interviews at all three!
Other schools applying to: Temple (top), TJU, Boston University Sargent College, University of Pitt, Wesley College, Chatham U., and Moravian. If anyone has had interviews or has gotten accepted to these schools, let me know what I else I can do! I have been on the phone with each school and have visited a couple so far. Thanks guys! :)

Hey. I interviewed at both Messiah and Salus (but over Skype as I am in SoCal). Salus gave me an acceptance 2 weeks ago, woohoo! Let me know if you get in. Are you from the area at all? I don't know anything about it. If I get into Messiah I think I will still choose Salus. Messiah seems a bit in the middle of no where, and while I'm not totally against that, Philly would have better job opportunities for my fiance (I think?)

Hey guys! Best of luck to all of you on your admissions processes! I wanted to post some stats since they are borderline, and see if anybody has heard back from any of the schools I have applied to!

prereq-3.9
(I went back and took prereqs online through community college - my undergrad transcript is a trainwreck but i ended with a 3.0
experience: Psychology lab research 1 semester, internship in Paris, France for a conference on Lung Health, 2 years of project management professional exoerience at a translation company, currently a paraprofessional at a school for children with disabilities

Applied to: Western New England U, Clarkson, Salus, Thomas Jefferson U (East falls campus), Widener, Midwestern U Downers Grove, Gannon (Ruskin), Wesley College, University of St Augustine (Austin), Sacred Heart, Rush, Chatham, Shenandoah....Im open to applying more places
Interviews:
Rejections:
Acceptances:

I am currently a first year student in the Sacred Heart University Occupational therapy program! I just want to say that I completely understand what you are going through and if you have any questions about the program in general or the interview let me know! I was emailed in December saying I was invited to interview, and my actual interview was mid January, and they emailed the next day saying I was accepted. Good luck in this process and feel free to message if you have any questions!! Here are my stats:
Undergrad: Lasell College
Major/Minor: Health science/ Psychology
Overall GPA: 3.62(I don't remember my prereq gpa, sorry!)
GRE: 153V, 157Q 4.0AW
Hours: 65(inpatient) 150(outpatient)
LOR: 1 OT, 2 professors, and 1 from my boss
Misc: Made deans list 6 times, I was asked by the dean of school of health sciences to speak at the board of trustees meeting, my junior year I was treasurer of health sciences club, and senior year I was named president. 125 hours of community service tutoring underprivileged students in math

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied in Early August for the Summer 2020 cohort. I got an email from the advisor mid september to go over my application then she submited after I submitted my September 25th GRE scores. I got an email on Sept. 30th inviting me to interview on October 25th.

I got an email confirming from both St. Augustine and OTCAS then a follow up email to have a one on one with an advisor to go over the application. They give GREAT feedback on how to improve you application.

prereq-3.9

Interviews:
Rejections:
Acceptances:

Our stats are similar and I was accepted at Salus a couple of weeks ago! My app was verified mid-September. Interviewed 10/3. I really loved the interview and faculty at Salus. I have an interview at St. Augustine next week but other than that radio silence from all other schools so far. Good luck!

Has anyone heard back from ATSU? How long did you submit your application from your interview invitation?

Has anyone heard back from ATSU? How long did you submit your application from your interview invitation?

I submitted my application at the end of August and heard back about 2 weeks later, my interview is Friday

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Anyone applying to these schools' MSOT programs: Loma Linda University (LLU), Cal State Dominguez Hills (CSUDH), USC, San Jose State University (SJSU)?

I applied to CSUDH a month ago but haven't heard back yet! I'm not sure if they're doing interviews this year and if getting an interview is a good sign or not.

Also, I have my interview for Loma Linda University today :) Anyone else in the same boat as me?

Anyone applying to these schools' MSOT programs: Loma Linda University (LLU), Cal State Dominguez Hills (CSUDH), USC, San Jose State University (SJSU)?

I applied to CSUDH a month ago but haven't heard back yet! I'm not sure if they're doing interviews this year and if getting an interview is a good sign or not.

Also, I have my interview for Loma Linda University today :) Anyone else in the same boat as me?
I applied to Loma and my interview is Wednesday! Good luck on your interview!

Hi! I have my Loma Linda interview today too. Good luck! :)

Major: Liberal Studies
OTCAS Overall GPA: 3.47 (I had 5 Fs a million years ago and it’s hard to recover. My last 120 hours are 3.89...last 60 are 4.0)
Pre-Req GPA: 4.0
GRE: V159 /Q154/ AW4.0
Shadow hours: 35 hours adult outpatient; 40 hours TBI and pain management at a military base clinic; 300 hours as full time intern at pediatrics therapy facility
Other experience: 20 years active duty Army (retiring in December) - no healthcare background, but a ton of leadership and management and interpersonal skills; lots of volunteer work with veterans organizations.

Applying: USC, Loma Linda, University of St. Augustine San Marcos, Stanbridge, West Coast...and maaaaybe UNLV
Interviews: West Coast scheduled Nov 15th
Acceptances:
Rejections:
Hi! I was wondering when you submitted your application? I applied to Stanbridge, West Coast and USC. When did you hear back about your interview for WCU? Also, did you apply to the doctorate or masters program for WCU?
GOOD LUCK! :)

How long did after you submitted the secondary application did it take for you to hear back for an interview?
I submitted my secondary on Oct. 1 and heard back for an interview Oct. 3rd

Hi! I was wondering when you submitted your application? I applied to Stanbridge, West Coast and USC. When did you hear back about your interview for WCU? Also, did you apply to the doctorate or masters program for WCU?
I applied to West Coast (master’s) on September 20th and was invited for an interview on September 23rd. I still haven’t hit submit on my USC app yet...working on my prompted personal statement.

How long did it take you from submission of app to hearing back from them if you dont mind me asking?
My OTCAS app was verified on 9/29 and I received an email to sign up to talk to an advisor on 10/2. We spoke on 10/11, she submitted my app on 10/14, and I received my interview invite on 10/15! When did you submit yours?

My OTCAS app was verified on 9/29 and I received an email to sign up to talk to an advisor on 10/2. We spoke on 10/11, she submitted my app on 10/14, and I received my interview invite on 10/15! When did you submit yours?
She submitted my app yesterday! So 10/22. Hoping to hear from them soon! I know it says you can sometimes wait for 6-8 weeks, but I am really hoping not to wait that long!

hey Syd!

this is my 3rd year applying to OT school. I was waitlisted at LSU-shreveport for the past two years. I am also interviewing at st. Augustine this Friday! You won’t get a invitation for Shreveport until after October 31st. It’s usually the first week of November they send them out. Then interviews are the first two Fridays in December!
Your stats look good, they really focus on the pre-req average. If you have any questions about interviewing with the following schools, feel free to message me! Goodluck!! :)

Do you know what the next step would be/ when we will hear from USC?

As far as I know, they don’t do interviews. Based on past years, it looks like a handful of students get admitted in January...but the majority don’t find out until late March

Hi guys! This is my first time applying..I have very "Average" stats so I'm pretty nervous as to how this cycle will go for me.

Major: Exercise Movement and Science
GPA: 3.49
GRE: 152V 148Q 4.0W

Observation Hours: 80 total in school, hand therapy, acute care and in home health settings

Extracurriculars: Intramural soccer, sorority (part of the community service committee and philanthropy committee), Club soccer ( made it to Nationals), honors fraternity, Animals Rights Club, Recreational Outdoor Club, participated in a health and wellness fair for low income communities, studied abroad, anatomy TA, etc.

Volunteer: Doctors Without Borders, Arc of the Ozark, Rivendale school for children with disabilities, Ronald McDonald House, Wreath layer for veteran cemeteries, Girls on the Run, Friends Against Hunger, Walk to End Alzheimers, Backstoppers

Employment: Babysitting, entrepreneur for a small crafting business while in school, Behavioral Tech, and Horse Handler

Certifications: Certified Exercise Physiologist, Registered Behavioral Tech, and CPR/AED

LOR: 1 OT, 1 employer, 1 Professor from a special ed course, 1 from my department head from my university, and 1 from a volunteer organization's leader (Backstoppers)

Applying: Maryville University in STL, Wash U, Mizzou, Missouri State University, and Cox College

Acceptances:

Interviews: Mizzou (11/18)

Rejections:

I finally got an interview for MSOT and Doctorate program! For anyone who already had your interview, what is the best way to prepare? And what do you recommend wearing?

Has anyone applied to Augusta University for summer 2020?

hey! I applied to CSUDH as well :) they said we won't really hear back until late novemebr, but i'm seriously hoping it'll be sooner than that

hey! I applied to CSUDH as well :) they said we won't really hear back until late novemebr, but i'm seriously hoping it'll be sooner than that
I hope so too! I’m anxious haha, I don’t like playing the waiting game. Crossing my fingers!

Their deadline is November 30, so they said thats when they will start reviewing applications :)

I applied to West Coast (master’s) on September 20th and was invited for an interview on September 23rd. I still haven’t hit submit on my USC app yet...working on my prompted personal statement.

I am so sad! They threw out my application for their masters program because I do not receive my degree from undergrad until may. If you need help with your USC personal statement, let me know!

I am so sad! They threw out my application for their masters program because I do not receive my degree from undergrad until may. If you need help with your USC personal statement, let me know!
I think they’re throwing out my app too
:( my school renamed our Abnormal Psych class to Clinical Psych and now WCU won’t accept it even though it’s the exact same class. Good luck with gene rest of your applications!

I don't graduate until May but I will have all my prereqs done before the term starts. Will they throw mine out to? What other schools did you apply to ?? I don't want to waste money on the application if they're not even going to consider it lol