Pacific Northwest University (PNWU-COM) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi just wonder if there is anyone here, who is OOS and have MCAT of 26 or lower, got into this school?
Are you a middle class white guy?

Members don't see this ad.

no. Do they prefer " middle class white guy" ? :confused:
I think they were suggesting that if you were a minority you might have slightly higher chances of acceptance. The Yakima Valley is predominantly hispanic. Although plenty of "middle class white guys", including myself, have been admitted without issue.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think they were suggesting that if you were a minority you might have slightly higher chances of acceptance. The Yakima Valley is predominantly hispanic. Although plenty of "middle class white guys", including myself, have been admitted without issue.

Thanks, I am actually Asian. Not sure if Asian belong to minority or not. I think I may not be qualified.:(

Has anyone heard or know of any updates on the wait list?!

I got an email this morning that said I'm now in the top 10 on the WL, having been ranked somewhere outside the top 30 when they initially ranked it.

Does anyone know the % of OOS applicants that matriculate?

Been on the wait list since November and haven't heard back at all. Second time applying and I'm losing all hope of getting in this year again. This feeling is terrible!! Anyone know how many more get off the WL?

PreMed'15 said:
Been on the wait list since November and haven't heard back at all. Second time applying and I'm losing all hope of getting in this year again. This feeling is terrible!! Anyone know how many more get off the WL?
I have beeen on the WL for the last 8 months. I know the feeling. They re-ranked the WL last week. I don't think I'll be hearing back this cycle, realistically. Currently working on the application for next cycle.

Anyone recently get pulled off the WL? I heard that last year they kept taking people off the WL a week into the month of August.

I haven't hear anything recently. I am curious though, with all the matriculation paperwork that they have been telling me is due July 1st, how do they accept people so late?

I haven't hear anything recently. I am curious though, with all the matriculation paperwork that they have been telling me is due July 1st, how do they accept people so late?
I just got an offer on the 23rd. I asked about the impending due date, and was told that I should get lengthy stuff like immunizations out of the way asap, and get everything else done as I'm able.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone recently get pulled off the WL? I heard that last year they kept taking people off the WL a week into the month of August.
At my interview in March one of the tour guides mentioned a student who got accepted a week into the first semester. That said, I just got in with a month to spare.

At my interview in March one of the tour guides mentioned a student who got accepted a week into the first semester. That said, I just got in with a month to spare.

Did you receive an email that said you were in the top 30 students and then get accepted? I am also waitlisted and was interviewed late last year. I feel like they forgot about my application because it has been so long. Wonder if they are still ranking people and if they still have some spots available.

But Good Luck and congratulations!!! :)

Did you receive an email that said you were in the top 30 students and then get accepted? I am also waitlisted and was interviewed late last year. I feel like they forgot about my application because it has been so long. Wonder if they are still ranking people and if they still have some spots available.

But Good Luck and congratulations!!! :)
Thanks! I got a letter a while back saying I wasn't in the top 30, then earlier this month saying I was now in the top 10. And then about three weeks later, bam. So yeah, I'd say there's a chance.

Folks accepted late just have to hustle a bit and get stuff done as soon as they are able.

Hi Everyone I just wanted to offer some encouragement to everyone. I was glued to this website last year and got accepted in late July. A simple phone call can change your entire life and it can happen when you least expect it. Keep strong and keep the dream alive. For those of you who have been accepted congratulations and spend as much time as you can with family and friends in the next couple of weeks. For those of you still on the waitlist don't lose hope and even if it does not work out this year dont be discouraged. Find out what you need to be successful, dont be afraid to ask how you can improve your application as well. Also take this time to make sure you are doing fun things with family and friends. Looking back I was so focused on getting in that I didnt stop to enjoy the road to medical school. Best wishes to you all.

Reactions: 1 users
My online application status just turned to interview today!! But I'm not sure if I should be excited because it's so late in the cycle (like will I be interviewing for a spot on the WL?). I haven't received an email yet. Anyone know how long it takes to get the email after your app status is updated?

My online application status just turned to interview today!! But I'm not sure if I should be excited because it's so late in the cycle (like will I be interviewing for a spot on the WL?). I haven't received an email yet. Anyone know how long it takes to get the email after your app status is updated?

No. I interviewed in January this year and here I am, sitting in class learning about bone formation.

No. I interviewed in January this year and here I am, sitting in class learning about bone formation.
I just realized I posted in the wrong thread (I meant to post in the 2015-2016 thread haha)b whoops!

I have beeen on the WL for the last 8 months. I know the feeling. They re-ranked the WL last week. I don't think I'll be hearing back this cycle, realistically. Currently working on the application for next cycle.
what were your stats like;/ when did you apply and to how many schools? I'm scared thats going to happen to me

Does anyone think it is smart to interview here at this point in time? I dont have any acceptances but I would prefer to interview somewhere where the waitlist is not ranked based on the time interviewed.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app