2021-2022 Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences (PNWU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For those who gotten acceptances, what time did you receive your acceptances?
for anyone else who is also curious - around 11 am PST the portal changed and the email came at about 3 pm PST

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Just got the call 10 minutes ago! Got the A

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
PNWU is already waitlisting? If my interview is not until February does that mean that the best I can hope for is to be waitlisted?

PNWU is already waitlisting? If my interview is not until February does that mean that the best I can hope for is to be waitlisted?
I am not sure... Am I the first to be waitlisted :/ ?

I haven't seen any rejections on here, but that could just be people haven't been posting about it....

I am not sure... Am I the first to be waitlisted :/ ?

I haven't seen any rejections on here, but that could just be people haven't been posting about it....
I was waitlisted too. I'm not sure about the rejections either.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Anyone that interviewed on Nov 5 receive an actual email stating the decision?

Members don't see this ad :)
I got a II last Thursday! But the only dates are March and April. I am hoping to see if the earlier dates open up!

Hi friends! I interviewed 11/19 and just got my A!!!

3.02 cGPA, 501 MCAT 31 year old non-trad applicant.

Reactions: 5 users
Just got the acceptance phone call 😭😭
11/19 interview, 3.5 505 from TX!

Reactions: 4 users
Just got the A - interviewed 11/19 as well
cgpa 3.6 sgpa 3.3 - 505 from UT

Reactions: 3 users
Got the A call earlier today!!! Super excited - interviewed 11/19/21, 3.5 cGPA, 515, IS

anyone else interviewed yesterday and already anxiously waiting?

Any current students here that I could message with questions? Also does anyone know if there is an accepted student FB page yet.

Any current students here that I could message with questions? Also does anyone know if there is an accepted student FB page yet.

Hi! I'm currently an OMS 1 here. Yes, our SG just started an FB group.

Congrats to all accepted premeds!

Late post, but accepted on 12/3 ! Best of luck to those who recently interviewed & looking forward to meeting you all in the Fall!

For those accepted when are y'all looking to secure housing? I'm very interested in living in the University Parkway apartments right next to the school but I hear they fill pretty fast and have a waitlist. How early is too early to secure housing?

For those accepted when are y'all looking to secure housing? I'm very interested in living in the University Parkway apartments right next to the school but I hear they fill pretty fast and have a waitlist. How early is too early to secure housing?
University Parkway has a resident Facebook group. Next semester when second years are leaving for rotation, they will be posting on the class of 2026 fb group , around March, April, or May, about incoming med students if they want to take over their lease or apartments so make sure you watch out for those early on.

just got the call! got the A. interviewed 12/3. Excited!!!!!

• Love
Just checked my portal and it says waitlist 12/13. I interviewed on 12/3. To be fair I did not feel too good about my interview. Does anyone know if they do ranking on their waitlist?

Just gave up my acceptance. Good luck to everyone on the waitlist!

Just checked my portal and it says waitlist 12/13. I interviewed on 12/3. To be fair I did not feel too good about my interview. Does anyone know if they do ranking on their waitlist?
If it's anything like last year, they'll rank the top 25 and you'll get an email indicating whether or not you're in the top 25 sometime in the Spring (I think early May? I don't remember the exact date.).

• Care
II today! The only date was April 8th... hoping for some earlier dates to open up. 🤞

Withdrew my acceptance. Best of luck to whoever gets it!

What was the interview like? (if you don’t mind me asking)

If it's anything like last year, they'll rank the top 25 and you'll get an email indicating whether or not you're in the top 25 sometime in the Spring (I think early May? I don't remember the exact date.).
From my experience, they ranked the top 25-30; and started filling up vacancies from people who dropped for other schools, starting from people from the top 10, then top 20, then the top 30. If they exhausted all of that 25-30 applicants, they continue to pick another batch of 10 or 20 people to rank. Last year rank started from May and lasted till mid-July I think

Last edited:
From my experience, they rank the top 25-30; and started filling up vacancies from people who dropped for other schools, starting from people from the top 10 to the top 20, then the top 30. If they exhausted all of that 25-30 applicants, they continue to pick another batch of 10 or 20 people to rank. Lat year rank started from May and lasted till mid-July I think
Do you know how many people they waitlisted last year?

If I wanted to send a letter of intent, does anyone know to who I would address that?

I wasn’t able to get an interview date until March :( Do they accept a lot of people that late in the game?

I would appreciate some advices. I didn't receive secondary from PNWU and they recommended the MAMS program.
I just found out yesterday that my MCAT score (507) was never successfully sent to AACOMAS. I resent it immediately.
I wonder if I should send an update letter to the school regarding my MCAT. I'm aware they are selective with secondary so IDK if an update letter would change anything/do more harm than good.
Thank you.
Do it!! No harm. Call them directly too

For those who paid your deposit, have you heard anything since besides the email after you paid? I can see on my portal I have items “to do later” but nothing active.

just gave up my acceptance, good luck yall!!

• Care
Hey all! I'm an OMS 1 here so if you have questions feel free to ask! Probably late in the game but I was here last year as a premed too! Just trying to help others :)
I have a silly question but just want to be sure! Do you get summers off for years 1 and 2? I'm getting married at the end of June 2023 and just want to make sure my date works in case I get the A. Thanks in advance!

For those who paid your deposit, have you heard anything since besides the email after you paid? I can see on my portal I have items “to do later” but nothing active.
I just got the email acknowledging acceptance after paying the deposit. I think there might be more coming in later Spring as immunizations, background checks and other documents are closer to being due?

There is a whole litany of things to do before matriculating, things like immunizations, background checks, drug checks (if randomly selected), final transcripts, etc. They'll send you emails in the Spring regarding exactly what they need. Make sure you're part of the Facebook group too.

I have a silly question but just want to be sure! Do you get summers off for years 1 and 2? I'm getting married at the end of June 2023 and just want to make sure my date works in case I get the A. Thanks in advance!
I'm pretty sure we get about 2 months off after 1st year, but 2nd year you hop right into boards and rotations in the summer.