2021-2022 Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences (PNWU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did they get through the second top 30 as well?
Last year it sounds like they went through two top 30s. Some even said they never got an email but found out they were accepted (maybe they weren't checking their spam emails?). I know so far, they have only made one Top 30 List for this year, so there could be more!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I just want to make sure I follow the AACOMAS Traffic Guidelines. If I hold an acceptance at another school but prefer attending PWNU if accepted, is it okay for me to submit a letter of intent?

Just withdrew my A here, hope it goes to one of y'all! Good luck!

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone hear of any movement?
I figured we would have seen some signs of it by now. It's been two weeks since the ranked list came out. It doesn't appear to be moving along the same timeline as the last couple of years.

Reactions: 3 users
I figured we would have seen some signs of it by now. It's been two weeks since the ranked list came out. It doesn't appear to be moving along the same timeline as the last couple of years.
I think movement is being underreported this year. I got an acceptance call earlier today and was previously in the top 20. So it's definitely moving! Good luck to everyone!

I think movement is being underreported this year. I got an acceptance call earlier today and was previously in the top 20. So it's definitely moving! Good luck to everyone!
Congrats! It seems like it is underreported across so many schools, and a lot of other schools have been telling me WL movement is much slower than usual.

Reactions: 1 user
When do they re-rank? Is it once they go through all top 30 or?
In the unranked email, they said that they are accepting updates and letters of intent until the end of May. So I am assuming another meeting re-rank meeting end of May?

Congrats! It seems like it is underreported across so many schools, and a lot of other schools have been telling me WL movement is much slower than usual.
Thank you! Yea, it looks like PNWU is about a week behind based off of previous years' forum posts. I kind of wonder if the PTE date falling on May 2nd somehow caused it. Maybe schools gave students a little extra time to consider their offers, since it fell on a Monday.

I'm not sure why people aren't as active this year versus previous years. I know looking at the prior years definitely helped to understand what to expect and devise some sort of plan for either outcome. So, hopefully more people continue to post updates as they come, and everyone gets some goods news sooner rather than later.

Thank you! Yea, it looks like PNWU is about a week behind based off of previous years' forum posts. I kind of wonder if the PTE date falling on May 2nd somehow caused it. Maybe schools gave students a little extra time to consider their offers, since it fell on a Monday.

I'm not sure why people aren't as active this year versus previous years. I know looking at the prior years definitely helped to understand what to expect and devise some sort of plan for either outcome. So, hopefully more people continue to post updates as they come, and everyone gets some goods news sooner rather than later.
Honestly, it looks like a lot of schools (at least the schools I'm on the WL) are at least 2-3 weeks behind on WL movements compared to the past 2 cycles. People used to be more active on here too compared to previous years, but I guess everyone is staying away to reduce stress and anxiety.

Honestly, it looks like a lot of schools (at least the schools I'm on the WL) are at least 2-3 weeks behind on WL movements compared to the past 2 cycles. People used to be more active on here too compared to previous years, but I guess everyone is staying away to reduce stress and anxiety.
Yea, I definitely heard the recommendation several times from current students to avoid looking at forums as much as possible, if I ended up on a waitlist. Though, I think it definitely helps reduce anxiety if used sparingly.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey so a bit of a different question, but I am kind of interested in the MAMS program (I'm on the WL). If I get in, and I am able to get an interview
1. I should apply to other programs as well, right?
2. My MCAT was kinda low, so should I retake it? Or would the Masters be enough to "cushion" my score?

Hey so a bit of a different question, but I am kind of interested in the MAMS program (I'm on the WL). If I get in, and I am able to get an interview
1. I should apply to other programs as well, right?
2. My MCAT was kinda low, so should I retake it? Or would the Masters be enough to "cushion" my score?
I just graduated the MAMS program with an acceptance into the COM program. Feel free to message me with any other questions, but I'll try to answer these here.

1. Yes. They encourage us to apply to as many programs as you would like, and you will get one-on-one advising from a member of faculty throughout the year as you progress in your applications.

2. Anything over a 500 is considered totally acceptable. I think they recommended retaking it if your score was below a 495, but I'm not completely positive on that number. As far as acceptance into the COM goes, your MAMS performance (especially your score in SciFom, which is taken alongside the COM students, and your professionalism) is weighted extremely heavily into your acceptance.

Reactions: 2 users
Did anyone receive a new ranking email?

Did anyone receive a new ranking email? or talked with admission recently?

Currently, they are 25 people into the waitlist. They have not released the next 30 yet.

To clarify, they have have already gotten to the first 25 people in the top 30?
Yes. There are 5 people left in first top 30 waiting for a call. They should release the next top 30 next week.

Any new WL movement recently? or rank emails?

Got the acceptance call today! I received the top 10 ranking email on June 17. Leanne said that they are now pulling one student at a time instead of the Thursday waves that they were doing earlier in the cycle. Best of luck to everyone still waiting, don't give up hope yet!

Hey! Im an incomming MAMS student. If anyone is looking for housing, please don't hesitate to message me!

^ Same! I am also an incoming MAMS and am looking to see if anyone needs a roommate still!