PennVet c/o 2028

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SunshineSophie

Reaction score
Starting this new thread for PennVet c/o 2028

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
First time OOS! Good luck everybody

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone!! Best of luck to all of this years applicants :) I know there are a few of us current students on here, so if you have any questions please feel free to ask or reach out

Hi everyone!! Best of luck to all of this years applicants :) I know there are a few of us current students on here, so if you have any questions please feel free to ask or reach out
Can you share what the admissions timeline is like? Thank you :)

Can you share what the admissions timeline is like? Thank you :)
E248C837-11BB-42C3-A29C-8104BA67DBA5.png

Hey, I think the interview invitation is not released from Penn Vet, but is there anybody who wants to start interview preparation in advance with a group?

Reactions: 1 users
Hey, I think the interview invitation is not released from Penn Vet, but is there anybody who wants to start interview preparation in advance with a group?
Here! If you have a group chat pls let me in.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would also like to join the chat!

I would also like to join!

Yes, please!!

Hey yall! Current 1st year at PennVet - feel free to ask me questions!

It sounds like there's a group chat for this. Can I also be added?

Hey yall! Current 1st year at PennVet - feel free to ask me questions!

Can you explain the new curriculum? I found information about it on their website but I’m still a little confused how it works. Thanks!

Can you explain the new curriculum? I found information about it on their website but I’m still a little confused how it works. Thanks!
Do you have specific questions? I can try to generally explain :)

So essentially, we start each semester with a "Foundational Toolkit" that is supposed to give us a general cursory knowledge for the rest of those blocks. After those few weeks, we have 3 "system" based blocks, like circulation/respiration or musculoskeletal, each of those is about a month. There are 2 classes that run the entire length of the semester - one being clinical skills, one about being a veterinary scientist and research. The first two years ( 4 semesters) follow that scheme with the first year generally being "healthy" and the second year learning about disruptions and pathologies... The last week of our semester involves choosing experiences/electives to try something new! This time they range from aquarium keeping to wildlife triage to lab animal diseases.. It is one week in the fall and two weeks in the spring

Hope that helps!

Reactions: 3 users
May we know your stats?
OOS Gap Year student, worked in multiple hospitals with many species/specialties, no formal research experience, 3.5 Overall GPA and 3.8 Last 45 GPA

I will say I have really been enjoying the new curriculum. the Foundational toolkit as explained above, is a P/F course and it is a nice way to start the semester and have a preface of what to expect for the duration of the semester. Our two semester long courses are also P/F and allow us to enjoy learning clinical skills and learn how to think like a scientist with less pressure.

Think some of us will hear back tomorrow?

Hello, I thought they did not invite for interviews until January??

The past several years it looks like the first wave of interviews went out on 12/15. But their email did say to not expect to hear back until mid January so I’m not sure what to expect! Definitely feeling anxious though! Good luck everyone

The January updates still feel so far away! I was hoping to have a better idea of where I stood this cycle by the end of the year. I don’t want to sign up to take additional post-bac courses if I end up getting accepted somewhere

The past several years it looks like the first wave of interviews went out on 12/15. But their email did say to not expect to hear back until mid January so I’m not sure what to expect! Definitely feeling anxious though! Good luck everyone
Did they send out a mass email or something??

Nothing yet, but I assume if they would sent them, it would be closer to 5pm (end of day)

Nothing yet, but I assume if they would sent them, it would be closer to 5pm (end of day)
The verification email sent after apps were submitted said we would not hear from them until mid-January.

Here’s to hoping! I’ve had four rejections so far this cycle so hoping for some good news!
Oh no!! Sending all of the good energy your way. & remember that just because a school rejected you, doesn’t meant everyone else will, and CERTAINLY doesn’t mean you won’t be an amazing vet !

Reactions: 2 users
Oh no!! Sending all of the good energy your way. & remember that just because a school rejected you, doesn’t meant everyone else will, and CERTAINLY doesn’t mean you won’t be an amazing vet !
Thank you that’s very kind! This is my third application cycle already- they’re gonna keep getting my apps until someone lets me in 😂

• Care