Persistence of Minecraft WW Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
This line of thinking is off/wrong. We cannot use role names to assess v/w.

At least, not yet. I suppose it's possible it's some sort of reverse game, where ender man, dragon, zombies, etc., are all wolves and steve and sheep and ... whatever are villagers. But I doubt that. I think the roles are just random.

So I don't like Jilary's thinking on this one.

Meh. Even I can't wrap my head around the bad guys being villagers. I meant the reverse of what I said: ender man, dragon, zombies, etc., are all villagers and steve/sheep/etc are wolves.

Members don't see this ad.

This line of thinking is off/wrong. We cannot use role names to assess v/w.

At least, not yet. I suppose it's possible it's some sort of reverse game, where ender man, dragon, zombies, etc., are all wolves and steve and sheep and ... whatever are villagers. But I doubt that. I think the roles are just random.

So I don't like Jilary's thinking on this one.
You also don't know what she told me. I agree that role names may not match up with affiliation, but I just don't see how this role could be wolfy given what I know/found out about minecraft.

You also don't know what she told me. I agree that role names may not match up with affiliation, but I just don't see how this role could be wolfy given what I know/found out about minecraft.

You said she told you her role, which I interpret as role name, not ability. While I can see saying that some abilities couldn't be wolf, I cannot seeing that some role names can't be wolfy without more information in the game.

Members don't see this ad :)
I kinda wanna lynch Promo just for making my head hurt trying to read that.

Sorry, but not too sorry.

I do think it is most likely a case of someone's vote not counting, or someone else's counting double. It looked like a tie, right?

And I'm not even wedded to that dynamic as an alternative, but I do think that bizarre mechanics could show up. After all:

Salvador-Dali-Painting-02.jpg

I'm off to school for the morning. See you this afternoon, to defend against that lynch, maybe!

Reactions: 2 users
You said she told you her role, which I interpret as role name, not ability. While I can see saying that some abilities couldn't be wolf, I cannot seeing that some role names can't be wolfy without more information in the game.
Yes, but there is more to it. I will agree that it's totally possible she lied to me, and I guess I can't prove that she didn't. I just didn't want to see her lynched if she was telling the truth.

Reactions: 1 user
Another aspect is it could have been part of Zen's ability. If he/she has a lynch avoidance, but instead of no one dying the next person in line is lynched. Since we are not learning abilities in the writeups, there could be some more cases of mods withholding info. @Zensing any comment?
Not part of my ability, unless the mods didn't want to tell me. Since I don't see why a mooshroom would have one (adorableness, maybe?), I'm blaming last lynch's outcome on someone else's ability.

Also, I'm a she, for the people asking questions.

Yes, but there is more to it. I will agree that it's totally possible she lied to me, and I guess I can't prove that she didn't. I just didn't want to see her lynched if she was telling the truth.

I get that. I just .... I'm tired of overvouching, and that sounded an awful lot to me like an overly confident vouch without any real substantive backing.

uaQtueB.png

Night fell, and the man found himself much too far from the twinkling light of shelter (perhaps a village?) in the distance. Plan two! He quickly punched out a hole, and spent the night listening to the groans and grumbles of those outside. He dozed off a little, although at one point was awakened by a SMASH and guttural roar in the distance.

Huh.

When he dug himself out in the morning, he saw a sad sight. He hadn't noticed in the mayhem last night, but that Mooshroom - @Zensing - had been very, very thin. Remarkably so, with ribs and transverse processes jutting out through her battered red fur. She laid prone on the ground, now, her normally soulless black eyes looking even more empty than ever.

Despite a spilled bowl of (quite yummy looking!) mushroom soup nearby, she seems to have succumbed to her condition overnight.

It is now Day 2. Lynch will close at 9PM EST this evening!

- - - - ----------------------
BsesyVf.gif
---------------------- - - - -

OVERWORLD
1. @allyphoe
3. @dyachei
4. @LetItSnow
5. @SummerTheLynx
6. @Jilary
7. @heyyimhayley
8. @BeautifulBritishColumbia
9. @kcoughli
10. @PrincessButterCup
11. @guisantes
12. @morninqlory
14. @nyanko
15. @genny
16. @Kam325
17. @WildZoo
18. @Mad Jack
19. @Crayola227
21. @LadyOtheFarm
22. @finnickthedog
23. @Promethean
24. @Devastating
25. @StartingoverVet

NPC: @Ceke2002

THE NETHER
13. @DVMDream

THE END
20. @hazelmoo - Enderman
2. @Zensing - Mooshroom

Last edited:
PS: Do people like the tagging thing, or would you prefer to not be tagged for every write-up? I can do either, just let me know.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Zen was village, or affiliation undisclosed?

Someone scared me last night. I pooped myself. :scared:

I get that. I just .... I'm tired of overvouching, and that sounded an awful lot to me like an overly confident vouch without any real substantive backing.
I disagree with LIS here (I know big shock).
A role ability reveal early in the game is enough not to lynch someone for now.

You can't just discount 100% of what people tell you. Early in the game is when you need to accumulate info and correlate things. Sure, later in the game you wouldn't rely on that not to lynch someone, but LIS is acting as if nothing people say is reliable, and that isn't true.

To summarize. Vouching early in game is different than vouching later in game.

lynch wz

making too much of a big deal over "being attacked". Hey you didn't die, why you trying to dramatize it. Wolfy?
So you talk to LIS about not discounting everything people tell you and then you lynch me when I said I was attacked last night. OK :laugh:

So you talk to LIS about not discounting everything people tell you and then you lynch me when I said I was attacked last night. OK :laugh:
yeah, the 2 have nothing to do with each other.
ONe is giving information about the role, the other is a big shout out saying "look at me I was attacked" which says nothing except to try to imply you were a villager because you were attacked.

I believe you were attacked, and I believe you broadcasting it so loudly is a wolfy thing to do

yeah, the 2 have nothing to do with each other.
ONe is giving information about the role, the other is a big shout out saying "look at me I was attacked" which says nothing except to try to imply you were a villager because you were attacked.

I believe you were attacked, and I believe you broadcasting it so loudly is a wolfy thing to do
???
What villager is attacked and doesn't say anything about it on the thread? I really think you're reaching here.

I disagree with LIS here (I know big shock).
A role ability reveal early in the game is enough not to lynch someone for now.

You can't just discount 100% of what people tell you. Early in the game is when you need to accumulate info and correlate things. Sure, later in the game you wouldn't rely on that not to lynch someone, but LIS is acting as if nothing people say is reliable, and that isn't true.

To summarize. Vouching early in game is different than vouching later in game.

I never said you should "discount 100%". I said I'm tired of over-vouching. There is a difference. Read the nuance, other-old-man.

Obviously you shouldn't discount someone's claim completely. But Jilary came out with very strongly worded language, along the lines of "no chance this person is a wolf" kinda stuff. That's too heavy for something someone just claims without any evidence to back it up.

You're overreading my comments.

Like usual. Take off the tunnel vision, kk?

(However, you're right - I do think that nothing people say should be viewed as reliable. Should be skeptical of everything. But being skeptical is different than "discount[ing] 100%".)

It is all in the presentation. Matter of fact vs trying to draw attention to it / dramatizing it.
That would maybe make sense if I was a matter of fact poster at baseline. But read into it all you like.

I was attacked last night. I imagine someone is following the "whoever lived longest last game gets killed first" rule.

Still don't appreciate it though :mad:
This doesn't feel like a dramatic presentation to me... not a single exclamation point in sight

Someone scared me last night. I pooped myself. :scared:
Now this feels dramatic. Pull yourself together LotF! And maybe change your pants...

lynch wz

making too much of a big deal over "being attacked". Hey you didn't die, why you trying to dramatize it. Wolfy?
2 lines, no exclamation points, hardly dramatized in my opinion.
It is all in the presentation. Matter of fact vs trying to draw attention to it / dramatizing it.
Again, her statement reads very matter-of-fact to me.

So...
Lynch SOV

for trying to dramatize WZ's statement.

Surprised Zen ended up dead when she was probably? going to be a lynch target again today. Just seems like the wolves got rid of a distraction that would have been to their benefit
It sounds to me like the lynch yesterday led to a delayed death, doesn't look like a wolf kill at all. Which goes back to it possibly being a tie mechanic. I'm not sure on that but that's what it seems like to me.

Surprised Zen ended up dead when she was probably? going to be a lynch target again today. Just seems like the wolves got rid of a distraction that would have been to their benefit
I had the same thought. It's possible that yesterday's lynch was truly a tie (if someone had a double or someone's lynch vote didn't count) and that the tie breaking mechanism was for her to die overnight. And with WZ's attack (and how the write up was written, as though she starved?) I think it fits with wolves attacking WZ and Zen dying from her misfortune yesterday.

I never said you should "discount 100%". I said I'm tired of over-vouching. There is a difference. Read the nuance, other-old-man.

Obviously you shouldn't discount someone's claim completely. But Jilary came out with very strongly worded language, along the lines of "no chance this person is a wolf" kinda stuff. That's too heavy for something someone just claims without any evidence to back it up.

You're overreading my comments.

Like usual. Take off the tunnel vision, kk?
I can live with that nuance.

This doesn't feel like a dramatic presentation to me... not a single exclamation point in sight

Now this feels dramatic. Pull yourself together LotF! And maybe change your pants...

2 lines, no exclamation points, hardly dramatized in my opinion.
Again, her statement reads very matter-of-fact to me.

So...
Lynch SOV

for trying to dramatize WZ's statement.
and that sounds like a wolf trying to deflect attention from a fellow wolf, because let's be honest, anyone would lynch me before WZ.

you would be 2nd on my investigation list now.

and that sounds like a wolf trying to deflect attention from a fellow wolf, because let's be honest, anyone would lynch me before WZ.

you would be 2nd on my investigation list now.
Investigate away, I have nothing to hide. But the insistence in multiple posts on her statement being overly dramatic feels like a reach, so I called you out on it.

I had the same thought. It's possible that yesterday's lynch was truly a tie (if someone had a double or someone's lynch vote didn't count) and that the tie breaking mechanism was for her to die overnight. And with WZ's attack (and how the write up was written, as though she starved?) I think it fits with wolves attacking WZ and Zen dying from her misfortune yesterday.
I have reason to believe Zen didn't die by wolf or mod action. Will explain more at lunch.

Does anyone else get the sense that SOV wants to be lynched? The way he's posting about WZ and KCough, it sounds like he's intentionally trying to convince people to vote for him by sheer obnoxiousness.

Sorry, but not too sorry.

I do think it is most likely a case of someone's vote not counting, or someone else's counting double. It looked like a tie, right?

And I'm not even wedded to that dynamic as an alternative, but I do think that bizarre mechanics could show up. After all:

Salvador-Dali-Painting-02.jpg

I'm off to school for the morning. See you this afternoon, to defend against that lynch, maybe!

If anybody wanted to know this painting is called Adolescence, and was stolen at gunpoint from a museum and has not been recovered according to this. Just thought it was an interesting tidbit.