Persistence of Minecraft WW Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone else get the sense that SOV wants to be lynched? The way he's posting about WZ and KCough, it sounds like he's intentionally trying to convince people to vote for him by sheer obnoxiousness.

This seems pretty typical for SOV in the beginning of a WW game to me. Granted I've been gone awhile so maybe things have changed....but I doubt it.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
It's embarrassing how slow I am at minecraft compared to my 16 year old brother... It took me an hour to build half a house and a meager farm in creative mode, while he's explored a whole mountain cave, built a castle, and created a self supporting society in 20 minutes in survival mode :laugh:

Reactions: 2 users
It's embarrassing how slow I am at minecraft compared to my 16 year old brother... It took me an hour to build half a house and a meager farm in creative mode, while he's explored a whole mountain cave, built a castle, and created a self supporting society in 20 minutes in survival mode :laugh:
I play minecraft and 20 is ridiculously fast (CHEATER! :p)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone else get the sense that SOV wants to be lynched? The way he's posting about WZ and KCough, it sounds like he's intentionally trying to convince people to vote for him by sheer obnoxiousness.
You make me want to show you obnoxious. :rolleyes:

An opinion is not being obnoxious. Grow up.

No sense in putting off the lynching until the last minute; starting early yesterday got us some information on one person who actually survived the night. Since the current votes are on the two people I can PM with, and someone who claims to have been attacked, I'm going to go back to yesterday's feels and

lynch MQ

No sense in putting off the lynching until the last minute; starting early yesterday got us some information on one person who actually survived the night. Since the current votes are on the two people I can PM with, and someone who claims to have been attacked, I'm going to go back to yesterday's feels and

lynch MQ
What did you mean with what you said earlier about Zen?

What did you mean with what you said earlier about Zen?

Zen's night action option was to feed someone a mushroom with unknown effects. Her intended Night 1 action was to eat it herself. She also offered to feed it to me if I wanted proof; when I said I didn't care, she said she would use it on herself in case it had bad effects.

In actual Minecraft, mushroom stew is an excellent food item (plain mushrooms aren't food, but can be cooked into food), so my guess was that it would be healing / protective. Apparently not. :shrug: No idea if she died because it was categorically deadly, had random odds of being deadly, or was only deadly to some people.

Zen's night action option was to feed someone a mushroom with unknown effects. Her intended Night 1 action was to eat it herself. She also offered to feed it to me if I wanted proof; when I said I didn't care, she said she would use it on herself in case it had bad effects.

In actual Minecraft, mushroom stew is an excellent food item (plain mushrooms aren't food, but can be cooked into food), so my guess was that it would be healing / protective. Apparently not. :shrug: No idea if she died because it was categorically deadly, had random odds of being deadly, or was only deadly to some people.
That...doesn't seem like it explains her death at all. I doubt the mushrooms were deadly. There is a bowl of mushroom stew mentioned in the writeup. So it seems like either she couldn't use it on herself or it just didn't do anything for her.

OT: I went to download minecraft to see what this about, and it says it is 26.95 for windows. Is this what I should expect? I am used to free games and don't want to waste my money if you guys tell me there is an alternative. Any advice for the gaming-challenged is appreciated.

OT: I went to download minecraft to see what this about, and it says it is 26.95 for windows. Is this what I should expect? I am used to free games and don't want to waste my money if you guys tell me there is an alternative. Any advice for the gaming-challenged is appreciated.
You can play on trial for like two hours, try it out that way. :)

Reactions: 1 users
Yup, that's been the price of the game for a while. Considering how much time you can get out of it, I'd say it's a good deal :)
Pocket edition is only $7 but it's such an inferior experience I'm not sure it's worth that :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
That...doesn't seem like it explains her death at all. I doubt the mushrooms were deadly. There is a bowl of mushroom stew mentioned in the writeup. So it seems like either she couldn't use it on herself or it just didn't do anything for her.
I interpreted it as her eating the mushroom and it starving her (having the opposite effect than expected). But I can see where actions could have been ordered such that she was killed by someone else first.

It is addictive.

There are free variants. There is Block Story for android, maybe other platforms, which is very much just knock off minecraft. A few differences,but same basic idea and a lot of the same potentials.

I interpreted it as her eating the mushroom and it starving her (having the opposite effect than expected). But I can see where actions could have been ordered such that she was killed by someone else first.
Not saying someone else killed her. It just doesn't seem like she died because of anything that happened last night.
He hadn't noticed in the mayhem last night, but that Mooshroom - @Zensing - had been very, very thin.
This implies she was already thin after the fight at the end of the lynch, he just hadn't noticed.
Despite a spilled bowl of (quite yummy looking!) mushroom soup nearby
It doesn't sound like she actually ate it
she seems to have succumbed to her condition overnight.
Succumbing to her condition doesn't sound like a kill, it sounds like she was already ill and just died overnight

I don't know, I just don't see the mushroom being cause of death here

Not saying someone else killed her. It just doesn't seem like she died because of anything that happened last night.

This implies she was already thin after the fight at the end of the lynch, he just hadn't noticed.

It doesn't sound like she actually ate it

Succumbing to her condition doesn't sound like a kill, it sounds like she was already ill and just died overnight

I don't know, I just don't see the mushroom being cause of death here
i agree with this analysis

First: random black blocks keep showing up in my SDN screen. I am clarifying because it is not happening on other Web pages or my phone's home screen. Anybody else? Is SDN having issues or just me?
Was there any other effect besides pooping yourself? (which I assume was mod flair, otherwise, well, that's embarrassing!)

Pooping myself was my flair. (I think I'm funny...)

The mods said someone scared me so I forgot what my night ability was. While this didn't have any effect on me because I had no ability last night... I couldn't decide whether it would count as seering or blocking and whether it sounded wolfy or villager.
I see wolf because of scary.
But villager because if it blocked night actions, then maybe useful for blocking wolves.

I originally didn't say thus much because I wasn't sure I wanted to scare the person off if it was friendly, but nobody has said anything to me yet so, I'll tell the village.

Next grouchy comment gets my lynch vote. I get enough of that at work right now. :depressed:

First: random black blocks keep showing up in my SDN screen. I am clarifying because it is not happening on other Web pages or my phone's home screen. Anybody else? Is SDN having issues or just me?

Pooping myself was my flair. (I think I'm funny...)

The mods said someone scared me so I forgot what my night ability was. While this didn't have any effect on me because I had no ability last night... I couldn't decide whether it would count as seering or blocking and whether it sounded wolfy or villager.
I see wolf because of scary.
But villager because if it blocked night actions, then maybe useful for blocking wolves.

I originally didn't say thus much because I wasn't sure I wanted to scare the person off if it was friendly, but nobody has said anything to me yet so, I'll tell the village.
It sounds like blocking maybe

It sounds like blocking maybe
Probably. I was just leaving room for "I forgot my ability... but someone else remembered it."
I don't know if that is a thing here, but it would fit in the Dali theme I think. And would allow for seering or ability borrowing.
I might be over thinking the vague wording though.:shrug:

Serious glitch in in the matrix. Anybody else? Random squares of black blocking off portions of your screen. They move whenever you touch a button, so my screen is kinda having a seizure while I type....

Serious glitch in in the matrix. Anybody else? Random squares of black blocking off portions of your screen. They move whenever you touch a button, so my screen is kinda having a seizure while I type....
Not happening on my computer or tablet. Maybe something going on with their ads?

Next grouchy comment. :penguin:

;)
Lynch Lupin :p

Thanks Lupes!

And since I'm off until Monday and don't have to deal with that crap until then:
Unlynch Lupin and hugs for errybody!:biglove::biglove::biglove:

I wonder if zen died because she was weak/ thin from yesterday's lynch and then she used some of herself to make the mushroom soup and that was enough to do her in.
It's possible. When you "milk" a mooshroom you get mushroom stew.

Since we are all wildly speculating on Zen's death... i assumed that zen had a role that let them survive for a day after lynching. Simple, clean, and apparently useless.

Not sure it really matters unless it recurs.

I think someone messed with the lynch results yesterday, since Zen was winning by one. The people who voted for Hmoo were Guis, Wz, Kam, Ally, and Zen. Makes me wonder if one of them has an extra vote, or if there was chaos involved. But I don't know how that fits with Zen dying.

Yes, but since she was already weak, the milking was enough to do her in?
Maybe :shrug:
Either way there was something wonky with yesterday's lynch.
Since we are all wildly speculating on Zen's death... i assumed that zen had a role that let them survive for a day after lynching. Simple, clean, and apparently useless.

I thought so too but she seemed to not know why she survived the lynch, and if it was simple as that why did hazel die instead?

Well it would matter if it was a combination of an ability and a weird vote thing? Like if something weird happens with today's lynch too. Watching where the people that genny mentioned vote and who gets lynched is worth it to keep an eye on, but not fret over in my opinion.

I thought so too but she seemed to not know why she survived the lynch, and if it was simple as that why did hazel die instead?

Did she specifically say that she didn't know or did she just omit? I'll go back and check, but I thought I remembered her just not responding to questions, which seemed to imply that she knew. I assumed she didn't mention it because lynch avoidance usually = wolfy. And maybe she didn't know that she'd die overnight, just that she wouldn't die from the lynching?

So, during the night, I was shown a GIF of what initially appeared to be a bovine/moose shaped creature, except that its proportions were off and it seemed to have 8 furiously scampering legs. It was uncommonly long looking. It scampered across a road, and on the other side, changed direction just enough that one could see that it was really two animals that happened to have been matched up just so, to create the illusion of one bizarre creature.

I didn't mention it sooner, because I thought that it was just the Mods way of inserting a bit of Dada/oddity atmosphere into the game... so, did anyone else see anything similar? It might have been in answer to me posting a Dali painting in the main thread. I don't have any particular ability that seemed to have provoked being shown such a thing.

On reflection, since Zen was a Mooshroom, and also more or less bovine, I wonder if there wasn't something meaningful in it.

wait. You assumed this but then thought WZ was a wolf for "dramatizing" an attack on her?

Does this make sense in any way?

wait. You assumed this but then thought WZ was a wolf for "dramatizing" an attack on her?

He said earlier that he believed I was attacked, but that the way I stated it was wolfy. Not entirely sure what he thought was going on last night.

Enough SOV weirdness for me to

Lynch SOV

Totally willing to waffle, but wanna hear something

Now see, my computer has finished updating but I really don't have much to contribute. I have the SOV feels so I'm going to go in that direction for now, but I'm open to waffling for something more substantial.

lynch SOV

Wth does one have to do with the other. I thought wz was trying to gain villager cred by advertising her attack. That is hardly a controversial thought

Unrelated everyone is making wild speculations on what happened to zen so i added my harmless thought.

How are those 2 things similar in any possible way.

This is typyical cast aspersions on sov cause he is an easy target. I am definitely not a wolf.. 100% bet your life on it.

Unlymch wz.
Lynch dyachei

And fwiw there is a very good reason i am highly suspicious of anyone going after me this lynch round...and it is not just normal paranoia.

I am gonna get my computer to explain.

Would have liked to let this go further, but I want to get this out there before lynch picks up steam and people stop using their brains and just go for the low-hanging fruit.

I have a what might have been a boring villager role, but decided to try and stir things up a little.

I am able to communicate with the various "groups" in the games. Villagers, wolves, chaos, neutral, and "others" if I can name them, whatever the hell that is.

If I communicate with the villagers, it just gets posted in the morning write-up, which I will do overnight to prove my role. I will have the mods post "LIS loves IGs more than WW" in tomorrow morning's writeup.

If I communicate with the other groups the message is sent to them.

<ps- I am breaking this message up in pieces because it is important people read it, and I don't want the ADD types to ignore it>

Wth does one have to do with the other. I thought wz was trying to gain villager cred by advertising her attack. That is hardly a controversial thought

Unrelated everyone is making wild speculations on what happened to zen so i added my harmless thought.

How are those 2 things similar in any possible way.

This is typyical cast aspersions on sov cause he is an easy target. I am definitely not a wolf.. 100% bet your life on it.

Unlymch wz.
Lynch dyachei
Then what did the wolves do? If they didn't attack wz? Do you still not understand why I think they are related? I just don't get it