Philadelphia COM - Philadelphia (PCOM) Discussion Thread 2012 - 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thanks! It was an MD acceptance for ETSU (Quillen College of Medicine). My stats are available on my MDApps profile linked below my avatar and separate AACOMAS, TMDSAS, and AMCAS stats below the school list. Good luck!

and you're still whining here with us at DO school lists? :cool:

Members don't see this ad.

Come come now, Señor Bumblebee. Although I think you're being facetious, I don't believe in a superiority of degree/philosophy. I believe in ensuring you find the best FIT. :)
I was joking:rolleyes:.. you can always come down stairs to mingle with us :D

Members don't see this ad :)
It looks like its been a long time since decisions were made. There are acceptances posted the first week of October and then nothing since, right?
Wonder why?

There should be more decisions at the end of the week. At my interview last week, they said the admissions committee would meet this Tuesday, 10/23.

Thanks! It was an MD acceptance for ETSU (Quillen College of Medicine). My stats are available on my MDApps profile linked below my avatar and separate AACOMAS, TMDSAS, and AMCAS stats below the school list. Good luck!

Congrats, Guero! :thumbup:

I got accepted! I'm so happy and relieved right now.

Just some info, I received my acceptance letter like 20 minutes ago. It came in a standard sized envelope. I was freaking out when I saw it cause hey, I'm used to getting little envelopes from medical schools - most of them contain awful news- but I opened up this one and holy crap, I almost jumped out of my seat.

If anyone is curious, my stats are: 3.5 GPA, 3.65 sGPA, 33Q MCAT, OOS applicant. I'm a reapplicant applying to both DO and MD schools. I've been out of college for a couple of years, and I'm currently working full time as a tech. My AACOMAS app was submitted on 6/24, my secondary on 8/30, and I was interviewed on 10/15.

Last edited:
I got accepted! I'm so happy and relieved right now.

Just some info, I received my acceptance letter like 20 minutes ago. It came in a standard sized envelope. I was freaking out when I saw it cause hey, I'm used to getting little envelopes from medical schools - most of them contain awful news- but I opened up this one and holy crap, I almost jumped out of my seat.

If anyone is curious, my stats are: 3.5 GPA, 3.65 sGPA, 33Q MCAT, OOS applicant. I'm a reapplicant applying to both DO and MD schools. I've been out of college for a couple of years, and I'm currently working full time as a tech. My AACOMAS app was submitted on 6/24, my secondary on 8/30, and I was interviewed on 10/15.

Congrats!! What is the postmark date? What state are you in? (How far did the letter have to travel?) Still waiting...............

I live in New Joisey. The letter was postmarked for the 25th, so it didn't have to travel far.

Last edited:
PCOM today: do you want to reschedule your interview to Nov/Dec because hurricane?
Nope! No hurricane will keep me away! :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi. I am applying to both PCOM Phil and GA, can you use the same essay answer for both secondary applications? They said it's two different committees who look at the applications.

Thank you.

Sorry if this was answered already, but I couldn't find this info anywhere: if applying to both PCOM-PA and PCOM-GA, do I sent 2 checks for $50 or just one? I'm asking because it's the same mailing address (Philly) for both... Thanks!

Hi. I am applying to both PCOM Phil and GA, can you use the same essay answer for both secondary applications? They said it's two different committees who look at the applications.

Thank you.

I did.

Congrats to all the interview invites! :)

Last edited:
have they sent out invites for anything in the second week of dec yet?

So according to 215-871-6699, PCOM is closed on Monday and Tuesday. Rescheduling my interview I guess. Thanks, Sandy.

So according to 215-871-6699, PCOM is closed on Monday and Tuesday. Rescheduling my interview I guess. Thanks, Sandy.

I'm scheduled to interview Wednesday =/ Were you scheduled Wednesday as well?

I really do hope that everyone on the east coast is staying safe and alert!

Last edited:
I'm sure if you call them first thing on Wednesday, they will be very understanding. They're even shutting down the bridges into Philadelphia at 2pm today.

I just sent PCOM an Email requesting the withdrawal of my application. I had an interview scheduled for November 5th so that should be available, especially if Sandy canceled your interview. Good luck!

Does anyone know if PCOM requires that you send your MCAT scores to them separate of the AACOMAS application? I noticed that it says, "Received" and a date on the online status page. The test day is not correct though. I assumed that my application was complete because each item had a received date beside it, including my payment. I'm concerned now. I sent my MCAT scores directly tonight, just in case.

Does anyone know if PCOM requires that you send your MCAT scores to them separate of the AACOMAS application? I noticed that it says, "Received" and a date on the online status page. The test day is not correct though. I assumed that my application was complete because each item had a received date beside it, including my payment. I'm concerned now. I sent my MCAT scores directly tonight, just in case.

I took the MCAT in 2010 and 2012. They have both scores but my status only shows the received date for the 2010 scores. The only way to know for sure if they have it is to call. However, I sent the score report directly to them as well, just in case ;)

I took the MCAT in 2010 and 2012. They have both scores but my status only shows the received date for the 2010 scores. The only way to know for sure if they have it is to call. However, I sent the score report directly to them as well, just in case ;)

Does PCOM send complete emails or do you generally just assume you're complete once all the fields are listed as complete?

Does PCOM send complete emails or do you generally just assume you're complete once all the fields are listed as complete?

Well according to this thread, no one has gotten complete emails. Best thing to do is call in and check!

PS- PCOM called me this morning to reschedule due to Sandy; hope you all have rescheduled as well!

Does anyone know what the typical turn around time is between completion of all required items and an interview invite? Does PCOM send rejection letters or is it a silent rejection?

Soooo I was complete in early September, have interviews from 4 other schools and haven't heard back from PCOM. Anybody have any insight on what's going on? My stats are as follows. 3.5/3.5 mcat 28O OOS. Anything would help, thanks!

Soooo I was complete in early September, have interviews from 4 other schools and haven't heard back from PCOM. Anybody have any insight on what's going on? My stats are as follows. 3.5/3.5 mcat 28O OOS. Anything would help, thanks!

Im in exactly the same boat, same stats... I'd love to know what's going on here!

Glad to hear I'm not alone :) I emailed them a while back and they just gave me the standard "we'll let you know" response. Some transparency would be nice.

Were they at all adversely affected by Sandy? That could lengthen things a bit. Lord knows it is for Touro Harlem.

No idea. Ill look into it. But it could definitely be a factor

They said when they called me to reschedule that everything is back to normal (I asked if everyone was alright from the hurricane, etc.) No worries!

If all the requirements have been marked as received on the online status page, does that mean I'm complete? Or do I have to wait for an email confirmation?

I contacted them about the same thing and they said complete emails are not sent. You are complete when all items have been marked received. I was confused by it too :p

I contacted them about the same thing and they said complete emails are not sent. You are complete when all items have been marked received. I was confused by it too :p

Ok thank you! Now the waiting game..:oops:

I just sent PCOM an Email requesting the withdrawal of my application. I had an interview scheduled for November 5th so that should be available, especially if Sandy canceled your interview. Good luck!

were you scheduled for the morning? I had my interview yesterday morning and someone was a no show, but they had no clue that that person wasn't coming.

The interview day was pretty typical. The morning session gets breakfast then does their interviews followed by a brief(really brief like 30 seconds and not really informative financial aid talk), and then a tour. While the afternoon session starts with the tour lunch and then does interviews later.

Interviews are generally 2 interviewers for 1 interviewee although half of us in the morning group only had 1 interviewer because the other I believe a student never showed up. They have laptops with your entire file in front of them, so don't let that throw you.

They told us that we would hear by the end of the month at the latest. They also warned us that no matter what the decision you will receive a small envelope containing only 1 piece of paper. They warned us to actually read it because apparently in the past people saw the small letters and just threw it away assuming they got rejected when they really had not. They also said that there are multiple decisions they could render including: Accept, reject, waitlist, hold for MCATs, hold for grades, or hold for other information. Hope this helps.

Really hoping for an acceptance here. PCOM is my first choice. They employ a lady named Ms. Debbie. She is amazing and greets everyone. Her energy is amazing and infectious. Love the area and the school.

Also I know it's difficult but everyone on here needs to take a deep breath and calm down. Remember its still early in the interview cycle. Schools interview through April. It's November. Any interview before christmas is great but there are plenty of people who don't interview until spring and still get in. Just remind yourself that it's early and that it will happen eventually. Just try and relax a little. It'll happen in due time.

anybody going to the open house tomorrow

were you scheduled for the morning? I had my interview yesterday morning and someone was a no show, but they had no clue that that person wasn't coming.

The interview day was pretty typical. The morning session gets breakfast then does their interviews followed by a brief(really brief like 30 seconds and not really informative financial aid talk), and then a tour. While the afternoon session starts with the tour lunch and then does interviews later.

Interviews are generally 2 interviewers for 1 interviewee although half of us in the morning group only had 1 interviewer because the other I believe a student never showed up. They have laptops with your entire file in front of them, so don't let that throw you.

They told us that we would hear by the end of the month at the latest. They also warned us that no matter what the decision you will receive a small envelope containing only 1 piece of paper. They warned us to actually read it because apparently in the past people saw the small letters and just threw it away assuming they got rejected when they really had not. They also said that there are multiple decisions they could render including: Accept, reject, waitlist, hold for MCATs, hold for grades, or hold for other information. Hope this helps.

Really hoping for an acceptance here. PCOM is my first choice. They employ a lady named Ms. Debbie. She is amazing and greets everyone. Her energy is amazing and infectious. Love the area and the school.

Also I know it's difficult but everyone on here needs to take a deep breath and calm down. Remember its still early in the interview cycle. Schools interview through April. It's November. Any interview before christmas is great but there are plenty of people who don't interview until spring and still get in. Just remind yourself that it's early and that it will happen eventually. Just try and relax a little. It'll happen in due time.

Thanks for the info DC. Hope you get in. Good luck!

I loved Ms. Debbie; I wanted to take her home with me. Enjoyed my interview, even if I was a little nervous! My interview was pretty much as described here (and previously in this thread.) Nothing to add other than this school is amazing, and I would love to get an acceptance, as I would immediately accept and start planning my life in Philly. I also thought everyone who was at the interview was really fun to talk to; I hope to see all of you next year! :luck:

Last edited:
So...I still haven't heard anything from PCOM. I submitted my secondary Sept 28th. The application says I have everything required and they've received it all by the second week of October. There's no "status" section saying decision pending or rejected or interview declined. Should I call them?