2022-2023 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (South Georgia Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interviewed 12/13, Waitlisted yesterday.:(
Does anyone know what the waitlist movement is like for this school
They have a pretty good waitlist movement! I know a lot of students currently who were waitlisted first and then accepted.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Link to groupme for accepted students:

GroupMe
Feel free to join the group me, but heads up that the primary communication for the class is Discord. Accepted students will eventually receive information on how to join their class discord if you all haven't already.

Completely ghosted by PCOM South Georgia so far. Praying for an interview so bad<<<<<<<<<<<

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how filled the class at PCOM South Georgia is? Also, does it take 4-6 weeks to hear back after an interview or have decisions come out sooner than that?

Does anyone know how filled the class at PCOM South Georgia is? Also, does it take 4-6 weeks to hear back after an interview or have decisions come out sooner than that?
I am not exactly sure how many seats are filled, but it is a small class size. So I would be tempted to think that the class is, at the very least, close to being full. However, I believe there is some waitlist movement based on last year’s thread.

They told my group we would hear back in about 6 weeks, but when looking at a few previous posts it looks like it could be much sooner than that. :)

Is there an accepted students discord?

I was also accepted off the waitlist today! First A!!

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Is there an accepted students discord?
There will be if you haven't received information regarding it yet! I'm just not sure when, but when I was accepted we received details in the spring I believe.

Members don't see this ad :)
II 2/8! Complete 9/16! Don’t give up hope people!

From those that have interviewed, any advice?

Reactions: 3 users
II 2/8! Complete 9/16! Don’t give up hope people!

From those that have interviewed, any advice?
Congratulations on the II! I would say to relax, be yourself, and don’t be afraid to elaborate on your answers. :)

Is there a lot of waitlist movement for this campus?
I was put on WL on 1/4 and got an A on 2/2. I did submit a letter of intent on 1/23 so that could have helped. At my interview day they seemed to indicate that there was a good bit of WL movement

Reactions: 1 users
Turned in my secondary end of August (didn’t see the invite to turn in secondary for a month in my inbox so mad at myself) and my portal has been stuck on 4 dark blue bars since then and it says that everything is turned in and I am waiting to be selected for an interview if competitive. Anyone else in the same boat? Wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing something that I’m supposed to be doing. I know it’s late in the cycle but having for a late interview invite

Turned in my secondary end of August (didn’t see the invite to turn in secondary for a month in my inbox so mad at myself) and my portal has been stuck on 4 dark blue bars since then and it says that everything is turned in and I am waiting to be selected for an interview if competitive. Anyone else in the same boat? Wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing something that I’m supposed to be doing. I know it’s late in the cycle but having for a late interview invite
Yeah their cycle runs late till April and may

Same
Same both

I was put on WL on 1/4 and got an A on 2/2. I did submit a letter of intent on 1/23 so that could have helped. At my interview day they seemed to indicate that there was a good bit of WL movement
Congrats! HI! I Dm'd you asking a question

Those who are accepted and are in the Groupme/Discord/Facebook group for PCOM South Georgia, do y'all know how full the class is yet?

There are less than 20 students in the groupme, discord, and facebook group!

is anyone still waiting on an II? when do they interview until? I am getting worried that it is now march and closer to the end of the cycle.

Reactions: 2 users
Current students, when is orientation week typically held? From what I'm seeing it is the week before classes start, but I just want to check with y'all

I'm not a current student, but it looks like orientation starts August 8th this year.

It started August 8th last year. I’m also not a current student but If they follow Philadelphia’s schedule then orientation should start August 7th this year

Anyone here interview on 02/24/2023? From what I've seen here, it's likely that we'll start seeing decisions by the end of the week, maybe.

Anyone here interview on 02/24/2023? From what I've seen here, it's likely that we'll start seeing decisions by the end of the week, maybe.
I did! Patiently awaiting decision lol. I'm not expecting to hear anything until after Match Day tbh

I did! Patiently awaiting decision lol. I'm not expecting to hear anything until after Match Day tbh
I feel that, yeah. Just wishful thinking based on a few time frames others have said earlier this year lol

II! Literally called today and got an invite at 8pm.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Would you recommend calling? I haven’t done that yet but I also haven’t heard anything from this school yet.

Yes! I think a lot of schools note when students call/email because it shows interest, so it definitely doesn’t hurt. I finally had a day off so I was calling a bunch of med schools to get an update. Shoot your shot! Good luck!

Wow, when did you interview?

I signed up for virtual interview end of March. Virtual spots seemed a bit limited to 2 this month, but continued to April. They still had TONS of interview spots in-person for March and April too.

I signed up for virtual interview end of March. Virtual spots seemed a bit limited to 2 this month, but continued to April. They still had TONS of interview spots in-person for March and April too.
OH! Sorry I misread what you wrote earlier! I'm glad you have an interview, you'll do great, no doubt!