PNWU-COM Discussion Thread 2011-2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ShyRem

I need more coffee.
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
New year, new discussion starts here!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not taking the MCAT until June 16th and am worried about my application being late for my stats, my gpa is going to be around a 3.4, 3.5 and I'm hoping to be around a 24 for my MCAT. I'm planning on having everything else ready to go by June 1st but with my low stats i'm wondering if my late scores are going to hurt my chances. Any advice on ways I can help myself out?

I'm not taking the MCAT until June 16th and am worried about my application being late for my stats, my gpa is going to be around a 3.4, 3.5 and I'm hoping to be around a 24 for my MCAT. I'm planning on having everything else ready to go by June 1st but with my low stats i'm wondering if my late scores are going to hurt my chances. Any advice on ways I can help myself out?

Your scores will be in very early even with taking the MCAT June 16th. I didn't submit until late August and that was really early. I would try for higher than a 24 if possible (at least try for 8's in each category). Goodluck, you're still way early.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yo! PNWU 2015! Can I hear a what? what?

So 21 MCAT is too low for this school? My Sci. GPA is 3.3, Cum. 3.65, non-science: 3.9...

great leadership roles, research etc...

So 21 MCAT is too low for this school? My Sci. GPA is 3.3, Cum. 3.65, non-science: 3.9...

great leadership roles, research etc...

You never know until you try.

Though, no matter how you slice it, a 21 is scraping the bottom of the acceptable barrel.

Seattle, WA
3.49 cgpa, 3.23 scigpa
30M

Super excited to apply here!

You never know until you try.

Though, no matter how you slice it, a 21 is scraping the bottom of the acceptable barrel.

retake MCAT...21 will get you looked at but might not get you interviewed

Members don't see this ad :)
I spoke to the admissions staff late last week and they told me they were waiting on applications from AACOMS. The nice lady in admissions shared that they were already suppose to be there and were waiting patiently for them! Hope that helps!

I spoke to the admissions staff late last week and they told me they were waiting on applications from AACOMS. The nice lady in admissions shared that they were already suppose to be there and were waiting patiently for them! Hope that helps!

Yeah, I talked to them on the phone before, and they did not give me the impression that they are one of the quicker schools...

I was wondering if this school offers the option for Emergency medicine rotations. I was looking at information on AACOM and it looked like it wasn't even an optional rotation site. Does anyone know if this has changed?

Yeah, I talked to them on the phone before, and they did not give me the impression that they are one of the quicker schools...[/QUOTE/]

we are still small.. and right now ar working on getting the new class in and oriented..classes start first week of August. Once the class of 2015 gets rolling expect interview spots to get filled.

I was wondering if this school offers the option for Emergency medicine rotations. I was looking at information on AACOM and it looked like it wasn't even an optional rotation site. Does anyone know if this has changed?

I'm not quite sure I am following your question. All medical students do an emergency medicine rotation (generally 4th year). This is true at every school in the country.

I'm not quite sure I am following your question. All medical students do an emergency medicine rotation (generally 4th year). This is true at every school in the country.
Sorry, I was referring to this that I found on the AACOM website...
http://www.aacom.org/data/curriculu... Clerkship by Osteopathic Medical College.pdf
From the data that is presented, it looks like the option to do an ED rotation isn't available. Although, the data for PNWU looks fairly incomplete compared to the other schools

Any secondaries from PNW yet?
I am from AZ and received this e-mail message:

Priority processing is being given to applicants from the Pacific Northwest until December 1st. You will receive instructions to complete a PNWU-COM supplemental application on or after December 1st.

I was verified end of June, not sure if this help you but at least it is some movement in the process.

Secondary Invite!!
Can't see anything after clicking on the "apply" hyperlink... :'(

I got the secondary as well!!!! but I don't see the Apply hyperlink after clicking the link in the e-mail :-/

I got the secondary as well!!!! but I don't see the Apply hyperlink after clicking the link in the e-mail :-/

whew they jsut fixed it!!
My top choice DO school, Let's do this!!!!!!!

for me as well.
I have a question. For the "activity" section are listing all your activities you have ever done?

whew they jsut fixed it!!
My top choice DO school, Let's do this!!!!!!!

I got my secondary as well. Is it something they fixed, or is it like the e-mail says and only works in Internet Explorer? Just curious, because I'm much more of a Firefox user.

i'm using firefox and it works fine here

I am from AZ and received this e-mail message:

Priority processing is being given to applicants from the Pacific Northwest until December 1st. You will receive instructions to complete a PNWU-COM supplemental application on or after December 1st.

I was verified end of June, not sure if this help you but at least it is some movement in the process.

Same here, slow swimmer...pretty sure that means we're hosed.

Got a secondary! However I managed to bomb the MCAT so my only saving Grace is being from Tri-Cities....Don't think that's going to get me much further though :/

Hi Guys! Is anyone having trouble uploading the essay? I submitted the secondary but I don't think it prompted me to upload the essay... :confused:

They were having problems with the new system. If you give them a call and let them know you had problems with the upload they will help you out! Good Luck!

Thanks MW, I figured it out. You have to submit, pay, then upload at the very end. I just closed the browser after I paid...Whoops!

wow, got a secondary, even after the "sorry, you're not Pacific Northwestern" email. Submitted!

Anybody know how to check the status of your app? There's a login, but I never got a user name or password (that I know of). I know I'm just being dumb, but HELP!

I called them not to long ago and they said a confirmation e-mail is usually sent within 2-3 business days with a username and password. But if you don't receive any then you should call. I called about mine and Hope got back to me with a username and password within 24 hours. They are extremely nice about it.

I called them not to long ago and they said a confirmation e-mail is usually sent within 2-3 business days with a username and password. But if you don't receive any then you should call. I called about mine and Hope got back to me with a username and password within 24 hours. They are extremely nice about it.

Thanks!

emergency medicine is one of the Core rotations in third year and certainly there are elective options.

do you have any connections in the PNW? family living there...lived there recently..military?

My aunt is an OB/GYN in Seattle and my grandma grew up in Spokanne...I'm from Montana, and the travel rate between the two states is huge. You'd have a hard time finding anyone in Montana who didn't have a relative in WA lol. It's probably one of my favorite places in the world. My husband even proposed to me while we were there one trip.

Finally submitted my secondary this morning :)

My aunt is an OB/GYN in Seattle and my grandma grew up in Spokanne...I'm from Montana, and the travel rate between the two states is huge. You'd have a hard time finding anyone in Montana who didn't have a relative in WA lol. It's probably one of my favorite places in the world. My husband even proposed to me while we were there one trip.

So state all that in your app...besides..Montana is one of our chosen states, we have core rotations there in 3 sites

For those of us that have to wait until December, anyone want to take pity on us and give us the Secondary essay questions? Pretty please? :D Also, is there a fee for the secondary?

For those of us that have to wait until December, anyone want to take pity on us and give us the Secondary essay questions? Pretty please? :D Also, is there a fee for the secondary?

* What personal qualities do you possess that will make you a successful osteopathic physician?
* Which experiences and people have inspired you to become an osteopathic physician?
* What inspired you to apply specifically to PNWU?

you have to submit the essays in a separate word doc after you submit the app so be careful. There's an $85 fee.

* What personal qualities do you possess that will make you a successful osteopathic physician?
* Which experiences and people have inspired you to become an osteopathic physician?

you have to submit the essays in a separate word doc after you submit the app so be careful. There's an $85 fee.

$85 for the secondary! If that's true then PNWU made a good choice the old $150 was a lot to drop on one school.

You're straight up awesome. Thanks!