Practising in Singapore as a foreign medical graduate

Discussion in 'China and Eastern Asia' started by outcasted, 09.22.14.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. outcasted

outcasted

Resident [Any Field]
    Good day guys!

Thank you for letting me be a part of this great community :)

I am currently an internal medicine resident and have plans to do fellowship and eventually become a part of Singapore's health care community. I understand that the requirements are extremely tough and that competition is stiff. Is there anyone that has recently pursued fellowship in SG? If so, is there a salary/pay as a foreign medical graduate? Can anyone give me advice on how to get in and stay in? :)

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Farooque

Farooque

Medical Student
    Hi Bro, I m currently studying in China and in final year, origin from Pakistan... actually i will be in trouble soon, i want to study but because of many reasons and problems, i got many problems during my studies... later after my graduation i want to practice in hospital under supervision or doctor to gain my knowledge in english spoken countries, because i m doing internship in China, and got stuck in university that i m afraid in near future i will not have enough oppurtunities, and internship in china is not very good, not learning too much...
    so please guide me, for practice in hospital, in Singapore do i have to give Medical council exam or what do to? because i really have no body to guide me for future, as i don`t have any senior student of know people in medicine who can guide me...
    please contact me on my email, if there any suggestions.
    [email protected]
    waiitng for positive responese. - See more at: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...edical-graduate.1100026/#sthash.jwpupObH.dpuf

4. Farooque

Farooque

Medical Student

Hi Bro, I m currently studying in China and in final year, origin from Pakistan... actually i will be in trouble soon, i want to study but because of many reasons and problems, i got many problems during my studies... later after my graduation i want to practice in hospital under supervision or doctor to gain my knowledge in english spoken countries, because i m doing internship in China, and got stuck in university that i m afraid in near future i will not have enough oppurtunities, and internship in china is not very good, not learning too much...
    so please guide me, for practice in hospital, in Singapore do i have to give Medical council exam or what do to? because i really have no body to guide me for future, as i don`t have any senior student of know people in medicine who can guide me...
    please contact me on my email, if there any suggestions.
    [email protected]
    waiitng for positive responese.

regards farooque.. - See more at: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...edical-graduate.1100026/#sthash.jwpupObH.dpuf

5. Lydia87

Lydia87

Medical Student
    Hello there..
    I am a Malaysian who recently graduated with a medical degree from a medical university in the Philippines and have done one year of medical clerkship. I am very much interested to practice in Singapore and I am aware that although the medical degrees from Philippines are not recognized by the Singapore medical council, I can however have my internship done at any of the hospitals in Singapore that are licensed under the SMC and then proceed to sit for the medical board exam in Singapore. My dilemma now is how do I get an internship offer from the hospitals in Singapore? Can anyone please provide me the information regarding this? I really hope that if you have the info regarding it you would kindly share it with me. This is my email address [email protected]. . Thank you.

About the ads