Purdue c/o 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Guys! The admissions committee is meeting tomorrow so HOPEFULLY you'll hear back by the end of the week (we did last year)!
Good luck guys! Let us know what you hear over the next few days. And for those of you who are lucky enough to be accepted into the PVM family, please do not hesitate to ask me anything :)

Ahh thank you!!! Do you know if calls usually go out alphabetically or if they just kind of random?

Members don't see this ad.

Ahh thank you!!! Do you know if calls usually go out alphabetically or if they just kind of random?

Last year it was pretty random. It seems like the in-state people get the earlier calls. Mine did not come until Saturday afternoon, but my friend who did undergrad here got a call on either Wednesday or Thursday.

The calls being spread out over days is so nerve wracking! Ahhh!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
The calls being spread out over days is so nerve wracking! Ahhh!

Yeah trying not to worry until I hear people actually getting calls but the anticipation is killing me ahh

Last edited:
You guys will be fine! Try to find something to take your mind off of it! (My method was working excessive numbers of hours in the ER, haha).

I'm so surprised people haven't started getting calls yet! Last year this time people were definitely starting to get calls.

I think the first call last year that was posted was the 13th! That was a Friday so hopefully today or tomorrow calls will start going out!

First call was actually Wednesday last year, so it does seem like they might be calling later this year.

However, SDN is a small sample size of all applicants. Someone may have been called, but they didn't post because they aren't a part of SDN. I hope I'm wrong though, I hate not knowing anything.

Last edited:
Maybe they are waiting for next week to call? Or they decided to not make people crazy and make all the calls in one day and change it up this year which would be nice

First call was actually Wednesday last year, so it does seem like they might be calling later this year.

However, SDN is a small sample size of all applicants. Someone may have been called, but they didn't lost because they aren't a part of SDN. I hope I'm wrong though, I hate not knowing anything.
Yes I think you're right, I read on last year's page that is was Wednesday. And I agree. It would be nice to know whether or not I need to have my phone constantly!

Maybe they are waiting for next week to call? Or they decided to not make people crazy and make all the calls in one day and change it up this year which would be nice
I wish they could all everyone in one day but I make a lot of phone calls for my job and calling 30 people for me takes like 6 hours so I'd be pretty impressed if the Dean managed to call ~80 people in a day

Do they ever do calls on the weekend or if no one hears today is it safe to assume we won't hear until next week?

Do they ever do calls on the weekend or if no one hears today is it safe to assume we won't hear until next week?

I received my call on 2/14/15, which was a Saturday.

Members don't see this ad :)
I feel like I'm slowly losing my sanity.

I just received my acceptance call from Purdue!

Reactions: 7 users
Awesome job! I go here for undergrad and I love it! I'm IS and will be applying this coming fall.

Do they make calls throughout the entire day or normally just at night?

I'M IN!!!! Just got m call!!! I'm in state by the way!!!

Reactions: 3 users
Congrats to everyone!!! Just curious what do people's last names start with?

ACCEPTED!!! Dean Reed is very calm on the phone which made my ecstatic "thank you filled" response sound all the more crazy.

-OOS
-Last name starts with a B
-Call from (765) area code

Reactions: 1 users
I still haven't heard anything. I'm OOS and my last name starts with a F. Hopefully this isn't bad news!

Do they make calls into Sunday? Or typically finish on Saturday?

OOS last name J. Really hoping. I LOVED Purdue! Not stressing too much yet since they said it was multiple days!

Purdue did not ask for updated transcripts right? I just had a minipanic attack thinking they wanted them and I forgot to send them

Congrats everyone who's gotten calls! Everyone else, don't stress, it's taken up to a week and a half to finish calls.

I kept checking my phone all day at work!! Nothing....

I got my first message from the dean around 11:30 Fri AM. We played phone tag all day (I was at work and can't have my phone on me) - finally talked to him at 4pm. I'm in! In state, last name starts with S. I may have told everyone in the world that I know by 6 pm last night!

Reactions: 2 users
ACCEPTED!!! Dean Reed is very calm on the phone which made my ecstatic "thank you filled" response sound all the more crazy.

-OOS
-Last name starts with a B
-Call from (765) area code

There will be TWO SamIAms in the class of 2020 :)

Accepted!!! Call around 4pm. OOS last name is F

:banana::banana::highfive::highfive:
I got my first message from the dean around 11:30 Fri AM. We played phone tag all day (I was at work and can't have my phone on me) - finally talked to him at 4pm. I'm in! In state, last name starts with S. I may have told everyone in the world that I know by 6 pm last night!
OMG!! You made it! Congrats!!
That's so awesome! I am so happy for you! :banana::banana::banana:
You were a good co pilot/navigator, you'll make a great doctor :highfive:

Congrats to everyone so far!! Anxiously waiting, OOS last name P