You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Purdue c/o 2020
Started by alohacat319
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Accepted OOS today at 4pm as well!
Congrats!!! What does your last name start with??
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Last name starts with an F, but I don't think they are doing it alphabetically. It is probably based on your interviewer or when you interviewed.Congrats!!! What does your last name start with??
Last name starts with an F, but I don't think they are doing it alphabetically. It is probably based on your interviewer or when you interviewed.
So far it's looked alphabetical but I know in the past it wasn't, have you heard from anyone else off of SDN getting called that suggests it's not alphabetical this year?
Yeah my friend got in (she was called on Friday), and her last name starts with a TSo far it's looked alphabetical but I know in the past it wasn't, have you heard from anyone else off of SDN getting called that suggests it's not alphabetical this year?
Awh darn, and they were OOS?Yeah my friend got in (she was called on Friday), and her last name starts with a T
Not darn to your friend though, big congrats to her!
So if you don't get a call, do you just wait for an email telling you if you're an alternate/rejected?
I'm thinking calls are still happening, in years past it has taken longer than just a couple days. Plus SDN is only a small sample of applicants!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
got a call at 12:50 . oos. last name starts with K. 🙂
I currently live here and have been here since 2011. PM me with any questions 🙂Is there anyone on here who's at Purdue or knows about Lafayette. I really want to know more about the town and what it's like living there?!
I am a current 1st year living in Lafayette. Ask away! 🙂Is there anyone on here who's at Purdue or knows about Lafayette. I really want to know more about the town and what it's like living there?!
I'm a first year living in Lafayette with a roommate and I can also answer any questions you have. 🙂Is there anyone on here who's at Purdue or knows about Lafayette. I really want to know more about the town and what it's like living there?!
I can sympathize. My mom called me to say hi and I sprinted across my apartment to get my phone. Let's just say we now have a texting only policy until the calls are over. She also, for some reason, thought that we got a rejection email before the calls so if you didn't get an email then you knew you were getting a call. Oh how wrong she was.
The call is a lot more personal than an email....I promise you'll appreciate the call more once it happens and in hindsight later!I got a call from an Indiana ID phone call and nearly flipped my table reaching across it to answer ....only to find out it was my uber driver
This waiting game sucks so much why can't they just send out an email ughhhhhhh![]()
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Looks like for last year calls started on Wednesday the 11 th and went through Tuesday the 17th at least for those applicants on SDN. And the first post about a wait list/denial email was posted Thursday the 19th. I'd say there's certainly still a chance calls are still being madeThat would make it five days of calls. Anyone know how many days it took last year?
I know it's hard at this point guys, but try to stay positive! I know exactly how you're feeling right now - I had to apply twice and got my fair share of wait lists and rejections before the acceptances came. But they do come eventually, if you work at it and put in the time. I hope you all get to join the PVM family, but if you don't, keep on trying.
I got a call from the Dean Reed today at 4 PM, but I missed it. Tried to call right back, but got the voicemail. His message said he wanted to discuss my application to the college. Do you think this means I am in??
I got a call from the Dean Reed today at 4 PM, but I missed it. Tried to call right back, but got the voicemail. His message said he wanted to discuss my application to the college. Do you think this means I am in??
I'm almost positive yes!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got a call from the Dean Reed today at 4 PM, but I missed it. Tried to call right back, but got the voicemail. His message said he wanted to discuss my application to the college. Do you think this means I am in??
I'm sure that does!!! What does your last name start with haha trying to figure out if I could potentially hear soon
Are they calling alphabetically or based on when the interviews occurred?
Based on sdn it seems to be alphabetical but this is a small number of people who applied so hard to say!
M!! 🙂I'm sure that does!!! What does your last name start with haha trying to figure out if I could potentially hear soon
Based on a few years ago- it's definitely NOT alphabetical. There's a few theories- based on internal ranking, random, or order that they reviewed your file after interview.Are they calling alphabetically or based on when the interviews occurred?
Honestly I wouldn't try to make sense of it- just keep your head up and try your best to wait it out!Based on sdn it seems to be alphabetical but this is a small number of people who applied so hard to say!
Agree! Even as a small sample it's hard to believe it's just chance everyone on here so far has heard in alphabetical order....
Got my call!!!!! Last name P!! Also no ID
He called back this morning!! I'm in!!! No caller ID and last name M OOS!!
He just called back! I'm in!!! Ah I'm so relieved!!!! Makes up for the intense stress I was feeling over the past 5 days. There's a good chance I'll be going here! Congrats everyone!!
Also my last name begins with a P
It's obviously the best choice xD
I would recommend giving the student services office a call to verify these facts. They're very helpful!Also just to double check....the animal nutrition requirement we have until the start of classes to complete? Yes? And also, if you hold a bachelors degree by the time of admission they don't require a speech/communications class right? This is on the website:
My campus does not offer a speech course. How can I meet this requirement?
If you hold or will hold a bachelor’s degree at the time of your entrance into Vet School, we will assume that you have fulfilled your campus’s communication requirement.
^
So theoretically all I need to do is take the animal nutrition course over the summer?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anymore IS people heard back? Everyone, except for people on the first day, seem to be OOS.
I'm in state and had one of the last interviews and haven't heard back :/Has anymore IS people heard back? Everyone, except for people on the first day, seem to be OOS.

