Purdue c/o 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm also in-state and have not heard back yet. I was one of the very last interviews as well. It's hard to stay positive especially if they are calling alphabetically. My last name starts with an L so...
not feeling good about this:/

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
seems like everybody I know is getting picked in alphabetical order ugh the wait sucks

I also got a call earlier today! OOS last name also begins with P :soexcited:

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Success! Got the call yesterday from the dean telling me I got accepted. I am OOS and my last name starts with M. Though it may appear like these calls are going in an alphabetical order, keep in mind that this may not be the case. I feel like it would be more reasonable to organize students by their VMCAS application ID rather than by last name or even in the order the students were ranked/selected. Do not lose hope! If you are OOS also remember that they often get quite far into the wait-listed applicants.

Reactions: 2 users
Does anybody know the chances of getting off the waitlist if you are in-state?

Has there been any calls this afternoon?

Got the call at 12 today! Oos last name W

Does anybody know the chances of getting off the waitlist if you are in-state?
One of my closest friends got in two years ago off the IS list. So the IS list does move.

I got the call yesterday, but wasn't able to call back until today. Accepted! OOS, last name starts with M. I will be declining my spot, so hopefully someone from here takes it!!

Congrats everyone! As for the waitlist, I know several people in our class who were on the waitlist, so it definitely isn't reason to lose hope.

When do we find out if we are on the wait list? My name is K and I haven't received a call so I'm pretty sure I'm not in yet if they are going alphabetically which it looks like they are

I'm currently at Willowbrook, and I absolutely love it. Management team is phenomenal, maintenance is pretty timely, and it's by far the cheapest apartments I've found for a 4bedroom place. I've lives at Avenue South as well, more expensive, but you get a private bathroom and the office staff there are also extremely nice and helpful. I have vet friends that are living at Baywater, Copper Beech, Riverwalk, that have all reported good experiences. Purdue Research Foundation has properties that are directly on campus and reasonably priced. A good friend of mine that is at Mizzou lived at Cottages on Lindberg. I've heard mixed things about Weida, Collegiate Communities, Peppermill (and other Hunter Lafayette proprietaries), Cole Property Management, KCB Management, W.H. Long, and probably a few others that I can't think of off the top of my head.

Whatever you do, do NOT rent an apartment from Granite. They by far have a huge monopoly on properties in West Lafayette and Lafayette and therefore have really cheap options, but have been known for shady practices upon moving out such as charging tenants excessive fees for carpet cleaning, painting, general apartment cleaning to the point where people have filed suits against the company.

You can look for a good swatch of properties on boilerapartments.com and local craigslist.

I'm currently in the search for apartments so I have a spreadsheet and more bookmarks than I can count lol

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm currently at Willowbrook, and I absolutely love it. Management team is phenomenal, maintenance is pretty timely, and it's by far the cheapest apartments I've found for a 4bedroom place. I've lives at Avenue South as well, more expensive, but you get a private bathroom and the office staff there are also extremely nice and helpful. I have vet friends that are living at Baywater, Copper Beech, Riverwalk, that have all reported good experiences. Purdue Research Foundation has properties that are directly on campus and reasonably priced. A good friend of mine that is at Mizzou lived at Cottages on Lindberg. I've heard mixed things about Weida, Collegiate Communities, Peppermill (and other Hunter Lafayette proprietaries), Cole Property Management, KCB Management, W.H. Long, and probably a few others that I can't think of off the top of my head.

Whatever you do, do NOT rent an apartment from Granite. They by far have a huge monopoly on properties in West Lafayette and Lafayette and therefore have really cheap options, but have been known for shady practices upon moving out such as charging tenants excessive fees for carpet cleaning, painting, general apartment cleaning to the point where people have filed suits against the company.

You can look for a good swatch of properties on boilerapartments.com and local craigslist.

I'm currently in the search for apartments so I have a spreadsheet and more bookmarks than I can count lol
Thank you so much that will be a very good start for looking at all the options! There are so many it was hard knowing where to start!

Thank you so much that will be a very good start for looking at all the options! There are so many it was hard knowing where to start!
I understand the feeling! I believe too that when the c/o 2020 facebook page goes up there will be upperclassmen looking for roommates and your fellow c/o 2020!

I'm out in the Lafayette area myself, in Winfield Farms. A few other students live out here as well and I've had no troubles.

Anyone know exactly when we get information in the mail/email?

Anyone know exactly when we get information in the mail/email?

I believe when he called me on Friday he said "more information in the mail next week"... so hopefully tomorrow or Friday?

I'm out in the Lafayette area myself, in Winfield Farms. A few other students live out here as well and I've had no troubles.
Gwen gave a GREAT overview about but I also live in Winfield Farms and I'm pretty happy. I havn't found any other place that rents two bedroom apartments at this price and it's great as far as space and cleanliness go.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Just got the email version of my acceptance letter! With a note that we will receive one by mail as well!

Reactions: 4 users
Waitlisted at least, does anyone know if they reject people post-interview or do most get waitlisted? Just wondering my standing for a future reapplication.

Waitlisted at least, does anyone know if they reject people post-interview or do most get waitlisted? Just wondering my standing for a future reapplication.
They definitely reject people post-interview Source: I was rejected post-interview during my first application season as an IS student.

I just got rejected, ah well, this stinks. It's better than not knowing I guess. I sent them a request for feedback as soon as I got the email. I'm just gonna keep my chin up and hope for better luck next time!

Anyone know if there's an official fb page for PVM?

Reactions: 2 users
I got waitlisted, this was actually a nice surprise since I thought I totally bombed the interview.

I was waitlisted as well. I wish I had an idea at how many people they put on the in-state waitlist.

I was told by a current first year that Purdue puts many on the IS waitlist. At first, they accept many OOS bc they know not all with accept the offer. Then, they fill the remaining seats with those from the waitlist... but I'm not sure how it goes with the OOS waitlist too.

I remember from the interview banquet that it kinda struck me that Purdue did things in halves. Like they had interviewed almost exactly half of the IS and half of the OOS that applied. It wouldn't surprise me if they kept about half of the people that interviewed, so I think that's around 20 IS and 80 OOS which seems reasonable to me based on lurking I have been doing on threads for states that do rank.

Yes there are separate lists, I am sorry that my post was unclear.

Last edited:
I would believe there are separate lists bc Purdue seems to be pretty strict about accepting 42 in-state and 42 out of state.

I would believe there are separate lists bc Purdue seems to be pretty strict about accepting 42 in-state and 42 out of state.
This is exactly right. Our class is split 50/50 for OOS vs IS and there are separate waitlists for the two groups.

Yes, probably should have explained my math better. Around 300 people got interviews. I think they said that 80 were Indiana residents so the other 220 would be out of state. So if you take 42 IS and 42 OOS you end up with about 40 IS and 180 OOS people you interviewed but didn't accept. If you take half of those people and put them on the wait list you end up with an IS waitlist of about 20 and an OOS waitlist of about 90.

I have had three interviews. I was wait listed my first round. I have now been rejected twice. :shrug:
The year I was wait listed I only saw 1 person get off the IS list, but that was on SDN so it's hard to know if anyone else did or not. In past year threads, I saw the OOS list move a lot.
During my file review last year it was mentioned that the number of IS seats were reduced as a result of their early entry program & they may have taken a deferment. It's hard to guess. Keep your fingers crossed & call for a file review.
I know I will be tomorrow & it will be interesting to hear what they have to say this time :corny:

I just got rejected, ah well, this stinks. It's better than not knowing I guess. I sent them a request for feedback as soon as I got the email. I'm just gonna keep my chin up and hope for better luck next time!
I'm sorry!! You have a great positive attitude about it though!! Find what they say you can work on and build it up for next time!! You made it very far!! Remember that is an accomplishment in itself!

Any current students!
If I end up committing to Purdue, I have realized that my brother's wedding, which I am in, is on the last day (saturday) of orientation. Obviously the orientation is mandatory, but has Purdue ever been willing to work with someone in a situation like that? We had advised my brother not to schedule for August just in case I got in, but I obviously couldn't control their ultimate decision :( I would hate to have to miss my brother's wedding for an orientation day

Any current students!
If I end up committing to Purdue, I have realized that my brother's wedding, which I am in, is on the last day (saturday) of orientation. Obviously the orientation is mandatory, but has Purdue ever been willing to work with someone in a situation like that? We had advised my brother not to schedule for August just in case I got in, but I obviously couldn't control their ultimate decision :( I would hate to have to miss my brother's wedding for an orientation day
If I remember correctly that Saturday only had the picnic on it, which wasn't required...

Hi all,
I'm trying to remember some of the things I heard on my tour and am having some trouble...can any current student weigh in on these questions?
  • How many quizzes/exams do you have per semester? Is it just one mid-term and one final?
  • When do clinicals start?
  • What's the dress code?
  • Is there anything you wish you would have known before you started?
  • If you could change one thing about the program, what would it be?
Sorry for all the questions - just trying to make some decisions! Thanks.

Hi all,
I'm trying to remember some of the things I heard on my tour and am having some trouble...can any current student weigh in on these questions?
  • How many quizzes/exams do you have per semester? Is it just one mid-term and one final?
  • When do clinicals start?
  • What's the dress code?
  • Is there anything you wish you would have known before you started?
  • If you could change one thing about the program, what would it be?
Sorry for all the questions - just trying to make some decisions! Thanks.

- The number of quizzes and exams varies class-to-class. The classes that only have a midterm and final exam also have other components that factor into our grade (lab, quizzes, ect). The majority of classes, however, have 3+ exams.
- Clinicals start the summer after 3rd year but we have three semesters of a course called Husbandry during which we have direct hands-on experience with cattle, sheep, pigs, cats and dogs where we learn everything from breeds to how to perform physical exams to bandaging.
- Dress code dictates that you can't dress like a slob (no sweat pants, provocative clothing, ect.), but it is only policed by your fellow students. Overall, we just try to be respectful of each other and practice professionalism by dressing appropriately but if you're having a terrible day and you wear sweats it's not like you'll be sent home or anything like that.
- i wish I would have known about Husbandry because it has helped me bring some of my clinical skills up-to-par with some of my classmates that worked in clinics for years. I think if I would have known this I would have been less nervous about starting vet school.
- I wish we didn't go to school for so many hours but I think that situation will be the same no matter where you end up. :)

Thanks so much! I really appreciate your input.

Thanks so much! I really appreciate your input.

Shepherd covered most of what I would also agree with.

One thing I wish I would have known before I started: I wish I would have taken my time in the ER to really pick the doctor's brains, because they had so much knowledge to share.

One thing to change about the program: No more 7:30 AM classes. But that's just personal preference (I'm a night person)

Shepherd covered most of what I would also agree with.

One thing I wish I would have known before I started: I wish I would have taken my time in the ER to really pick the doctor's brains, because they had so much knowledge to share.

One thing to change about the program: No more 7:30 AM classes. But that's just personal preference (I'm a night person)
Next year we'll have class 8:30-4:30 if that makes you feel any better!

Are there a lot of scholarship opportunities to help with tuition for OOS students?

Last edited:
Anyone else email for a file review and receive no reply???
I sent mine right after I was done reading the email

Anyone else email for a file review and receive no reply???
I sent mine right after I was done reading the email
Give admissions some time. With decisions just sent out there's a lot of people e-mailing the office. I promise you'll get an email back about a file review.

where would we find out what sort of things we would need next year?

where would we find out what sort of things we would need next year?
There's a supply list sent during the summer sometime, and of course you have to purchase the tablet. You'll get more info on all of this once you accept your decision, probably starting around May.

Just curious if any "older" students (i.e. 30+) will be accepting a spot at Purdue?