RANT HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am so seriously ticked that I can't even think straight. Someone at work, in a supervisory position no less, is spreading lies about me. The clinic has a high kennel turnover rate, and now I'm seeing why. :(

One of my co-workers bought his own nail trimmers to use for the baths we do. I like using these trimmers because they're sharp and fit my hand well. This supervisor of ours has made fun of this co-worker because his trimmers are small, small enough for his small hands (as if real guys don't have small hands, etc.). This supervisor has a foul temper and fails to respect other people's property, but flips out when their things are so much as hovered over.

The fabled trimmers were noted missing the after I had a day off. We searched for them but made do without them. Then lo and behold, this morning, I walked in the kennel and was immediately confronted by my co-worker reaching for his trimmers from above the kennel cages. He ask me why I hid them above the cages and I immediately defended myself. Apparently "someone" saw me hide them up there. I asked him who it was, but he wouldn't give me a name. I dismissed his accusation saying that without key information I cannot address the issue. The whole rest of the day was just a drag, including when the other two people who could have accused me showed up to close.

Hiding something as dumb as a pair of nail trimmers is not something I would do. A pair of poncy nail trimmers is about $12, but the price I pay if my integrity at work starts getting questioned is more than I can afford.

Ok, end rant.

Members don't see this ad.

Why are boys so confusing? I ended a not-serious-but-lasted-two-years long-distance relationship with an old friend because he was constantly hot then cold and I got done trying to interpret what he wanted it to be. I gave him the option of stepping up the communication (at least, in clarity) but he said he couldn't commit to being reliable. So two weeks after I ended it, he sends me a text message. Great- we wanted to stay friends, that was one of the reasons of ending the more-than-friends before it got too messy. But now he's been texting me every other day checking on my application status, asking how I'm doing, how my day was, etc.

What the heck is that? Showing me I was wrong? Or trying to demonstrate he can do what I asked for? Or just being his complicated self some more?

Members don't see this ad :)
someone has decided to start signing up for accounts online using my email address :mad:

Be sure to change your password and then block all the sources of the emails. That should help some. If you can unsubscribe then do so. It's frustrating, but it can probably be fixed.

Be sure to change your password and then block all the sources of the emails. That should help some. If you can unsubscribe then do so. It's frustrating, but it can probably be fixed.

oo the blocking is a good idea! do you know how i do that through gmail? so far i've been unsubscribing and emailing the companies telling them the account is a fake and to delete it (who knows if they actually do, probably not but at least i have record). i changed my password the 2nd time it happened (the first time was a few weeks ago and i thought it was a fluke) but it has happened a 3rd time since then. annoying!

Interview at Purdue today...and my first time driving in snow. My stomach is in knots because of the whole driving thing...I've already skidded, been cut off, driven the wrong way on a one way street, and parked in the wrong parking garage. And it's only 8, and still snowing :(.

oo the blocking is a good idea! do you know how i do that through gmail? so far i've been unsubscribing and emailing the companies telling them the account is a fake and to delete it (who knows if they actually do, probably not but at least i have record). i changed my password the 2nd time it happened (the first time was a few weeks ago and i thought it was a fluke) but it has happened a 3rd time since then. annoying!

I think you just create a filter.

I have cramps of death that are making me feel nauseous :cry:

i could have sworn that i double and triple checked the bottle of "shampoo" i bought before i came to grenada, but low and behold, i go to use it on the dog today and it just wont suds! finally after a couple of minutes (and believing its some weird mutant shampoo) i check the bottle and find out its conditioner. yay me. :cool:

i could have sworn that i double and triple checked the bottle of "shampoo" i bought before i came to grenada, but low and behold, i go to use it on the dog today and it just wont suds! finally after a couple of minutes (and believing its some weird mutant shampoo) i check the bottle and find out its conditioner. yay me. :cool:

I've done that several times with my own hair. :laugh:

When (and why?) did Facebook become a source for spreading crazy lies and conspiracy theories? All I ever see if people posting those pictures with crazy "facts" on them, like Obamacare requires microchipping. Ugh. Why do we have a nation of gullibles when we live in an age when finding information is the easiest? High schools need to do a better job teaching students how to tell if a source is reputable. I don't know if it is stupidity or ignorance...

Interview at Purdue today...and my first time driving in snow. My stomach is in knots because of the whole driving thing...I've already skidded, been cut off, driven the wrong way on a one way street, and parked in the wrong parking garage. And it's only 8, and still snowing :(.

As a lifelong Minnesotan my first thought when reading this was "Awww, that's so cute!"

But in all seriousness, just leave plenty of time to stop and start, don't do any drastic turns or sharp movements, and pump your brakes if you start to slide and don't have anti-lock brakes!

Members don't see this ad :)
As a lifelong Minnesotan my first thought when reading this was "Awww, that's so cute!"

But in all seriousness, just leave plenty of time to stop and start, don't do any drastic turns or sharp movements, and pump your brakes if you start to slide and don't have anti-lock brakes!

well, i'm from western nc...and while we do occasionally get snow, when forecasts call for, say, 3 inches of snow, everything shuts down: schools and businesses close, theres a run on the grocery stores, and everyone holes up and doesn't drive. and this isn't even necessary if it lays! we got school cancelled often before hand when nothing even happened. so coming from a place with that mentality, the idea of driving snow terrifies me!

thanks for the advice so...i'll be up in minnesota on feb. 9th, and might need it again...

It's pretty much the same as regular driving just make all the changes in slow motion. Start slowly, brake slowly, change direction slowly. But don't crawl so much that you are getting in the way :p Keep lights on so people can see you. Give people more space and keep your eye out for people doing dumb stuff as they tend to do in bad weather. If you drive stick, you can keep it in low gear when driving downhill to maintain speed - less slippery than braking. Stick to larger roads - more likely to be salted and plowed.

Don't worry you will be fine - and good luck on your interview :luck:

Roommate DRAMA! Utilities just keep getting higher and higher ($76 each this month! :eek:) and I'm sure it's because my roommates keep the heat ridiculously high and don't care about shutting off lights. Also, one of my roommates keeps the mail key with her constantly so I have to ask her to check the mail every time I'm expecting something. My other roommate lost the key to the facilities so I can't use the hot tub or workout room if I want to. Last month I gave my roommate my rent check late because of some poor circumstances, so she wants me to pay the overdraft fee she got because she didn't get my money on time. I honestly have no problems with that because it was my bad. However, she didn't cash it for a week so if she got the fee during the week she had my check but hadn't cashed it I feel that I shouldn't have to pay it. If she needed the money, she should have cashed the check as soon as she could. Any suggestions on how to ask when she got the fee, but in a nice way? I'm not trying to get out of anything that was my fault, but I want to make sure the fee truly was my fault before I pay it. Or should I just drop it and pay the fee? I want to talk about these issues, but I HATE conflict. And I don't know how to word it without sounding like a snot. I just feel like I'm being taken advantage of. thankfully, I'm only here until may.

Last edited:
Roommate DRAMA! Utilities just keep getting higher and higher ($76 each this month! :eek:) and I'm sure it's because my roommates keep the heat ridiculously high and don't care about shutting off lights. Also, one of my roommates keeps the mail key with her constantly so I have to ask her to check the mail every time I'm expecting something. My other roommate lost the key to the facilities so I can't use the hot tub or workout room if I want to. Last month I gave my roommate my rent check late because of some poor circumstances, so she wants me to pay the overdraft fee she got because she didn't get my money on time. I honestly have no problems with that because it was my bad. However, she didn't cash it for a week so if she got the fee during the week she had my check but hadn't cashed it I feel that I shouldn't have to pay it. If she needed the money, she should have cashed the check as soon as she could. Any suggestions on how to ask when she got the fee, but in a nice way? I'm not trying to get out of anything that was my fault, but I want to make sure the fee truly was my fault before I pay it. Or should I just drop it and pay the fee? I want to talk about these issues, but I HATE conflict. And I don't know how to word it without sounding like a snot. I just feel like I'm being taken advantage of. thankfully, I'm only here until may.

I'd say it depends on how much it is. If it's not much I'd probably just pay it.

My rant: BCPs suck. I had problems on one and switched to another. It fixed one problem, but gave me another. Neither are easy to live with, so I'm not sure what to do.

When (and why?) did Facebook become a source for spreading crazy lies and conspiracy theories? All I ever see if people posting those pictures with crazy "facts" on them, like Obamacare requires microchipping. Ugh. Why do we have a nation of gullibles when we live in an age when finding information is the easiest? High schools need to do a better job teaching students how to tell if a source is reputable. I don't know if it is stupidity or ignorance...
It really drives me crazy. I spend a stupid amount of time on snopes to show these people how untrue their posts are. It really makes me want to deactivate Facebook but I use Facebook for class stuff and to keep my in laws updated on our life here. I had a very popular Facebook status not too long ago that said that Facebook should disable the share option until people learned to look things up for themselves. All those false posts do is spread fear and confusion and further divide our country.

I'd say it depends on how much it is. If it's not much I'd probably just pay it.

My rant: BCPs suck. I had problems on one and switched to another. It fixed one problem, but gave me another. Neither are easy to live with, so I'm not sure what to do.

Yes BCPs really do suck. I felt like a whole new person when we decided to go off them to try for a baby. You should look into non hormonal types.

My kitty is missing :cry:

Oh no! I hope you find your kitty ASAP!

My bf might be getting a job in DC and it makes me really upset that I didn't even get an interview at VMRCVM. Future stuff is crazy stressful.

So funny story...
My cate HATES being inside and every time I walk my dog she comes with us (literally walks right next to us). She usually comes right back in, but sometime she hangs out for an hour or two and then comes back. Never has she not in 6 years. So when I hadn't seen her since yesterday morning I was definitely worried. I didn't want to overreact so I just went to bed last night hoping she would be at my door in the morning. No such luck. So I decided to be obnoxious and post on FB and Craigslist in the hopes that someone picked her up. She is very friendly and I've had more than one neighbor bring her in their house.
Really long story short, we have Operation Cat Nip once every other month where anyone in the community can set traps and bring in ferals for us to spay and neuter. A fabulous way for us to gain experience while making a tiny dent in the feral population. I got a call from Operation Cat Nip that they had Rufus under anesthesia for a spay and they found her chip and called me.
So basically my classmates were about to spay my missing, spayed cat. :rolleyes:She is literally 25 steps from my seat in the library right now. :laugh:
She got free vaccines out of it! :thumbup: Just hoping her ear isn't notched. She is NOT gonna be a happy kitty today. :scared:
Oh irony! :smack:

So funny story...
My cate HATES being inside and every time I walk my dog she comes with us (literally walks right next to us). She usually comes right back in, but sometime she hangs out for an hour or two and then comes back. Never has she not in 6 years. So when I hadn't seen her since yesterday morning I was definitely worried. I didn't want to overreact so I just went to bed last night hoping she would be at my door in the morning. No such luck. So I decided to be obnoxious and post on FB and Craigslist in the hopes that someone picked her up. She is very friendly and I've had more than one neighbor bring her in their house.
Really long story short, we have Operation Cat Nip once every other month where anyone in the community can set traps and bring in ferals for us to spay and neuter. A fabulous way for us to gain experience while making a tiny dent in the feral population. I got a call from Operation Cat Nip that they had Rufus under anesthesia for a spay and they found her chip and called me.
So basically my classmates were about to spay my missing, spayed cat. :rolleyes:She is literally 25 steps from my seat in the library right now. :laugh:
She got free vaccines out of it! :thumbup: Just hoping her ear isn't notched. She is NOT gonna be a happy kitty today. :scared:

:laugh: Glad she was found at least! And thank god for chips! (I need to get all 3 of my babies chipped. One of these days)

Why don't they check for chips BEFORE putting them under? :confused:

So funny story...

:laugh::laugh::laugh: That's hilarious! At least you know she's safe and sound with additional free treatment!

:laugh: Glad she was found at least! And thank god for chips! (I need to get all 3 of my babies chipped. One of these days)

Why don't they check for chips BEFORE putting them under? :confused:

Probably worried about getting their faces ripped off by the feral cats I'd bet.

Yeah USUALLY all the cats trapped are feral lol. So they probably don't even try.

Ahhh! :laugh: Guess I just assumed they could tell she was friendly and be like, 'ummm hey, this cat doesn't seem feral to me, maybe we should check her?'. :p

Ahhh! :laugh: Guess I just assumed they could tell she was friendly and be like, 'ummm hey, this cat doesn't seem feral to me, maybe we should check her?'. :p

Oh man, you should have seen some of the "feral" cats we spayed on the last trip I went on... oh, your "feral" cat's in a soft sided carrier? Purring at us when we get near? What a monster. :rolleyes: As long as you don't mind the surgery being done by a student and them losing a good chunk of their ear, I suppose.

I've done Operation Catnip, though, and those tend to be pretty much all feral. At least here, if there's friendly ones they would definitely stand out.

So funny story...

Glad you find her, EM! Hopefully her ear isn't notched, the feral spays and neuters that I helped with, the surgery had to be completed before the ear could be notched, that was the protocol, hopefully it is the same there.

Actually, mine would fit right in with the feral ones :rolleyes:. Complete angel until you bring her into a veterinary setting :eek:

Glad you find her, EM! Hopefully her ear isn't notched, the feral spays and neuters that I helped with, the surgery had to be completed before the ear could be notched, that was the protocol, hopefully it is the same there.

Yeah I was assuming the same thing. If it's notched, it's not a big deal, just feel bad that's all. :oops:

Actually, mine would fit right in with the feral ones :rolleyes:. Complete angel until you bring her into a veterinary setting :eek:

Yeah I was assuming the same thing. If it's notched, it's not a big deal, just feel bad that's all. :oops:

I understand, I hope it isn't notched and that all she received was a good nap and some vaccines. :)

I understand, I hope it isn't notched and that all she received was a good nap and some vaccines. :)

:laugh: :thumbup:
Wondering if they'll be able to give me proof of vaccines or not. They usually don't have to since they release them. Hmmmm.

:laugh: :thumbup:
Wondering if they'll be able to give me proof of vaccines or not. They usually don't have to since they release them. Hmmmm.

My friend took in a legit feral cat after he was trapped and neutered (and ear tipped) and they gave her the proof of rabies after they knew he was going to a forever home. She pawned him off on me since I was her only friend with cat experience. He's the best cat ever except he does still occasinally bite and I can't find him for about a day after people visit.

Glad there's a happy ending Em! :smack:

My rant: anesthesiology. If my SO were here he'd be able to explain this darn machine to me, since he's crazy good at intuitively figuring out how stuff works. Instead I'm wading through over a hundred pages of textbook and to very good notes :mad:

My kitty is missing :cry:

Thank God for microchips. I'm glad that she's found.

It really drives me crazy. I spend a stupid amount of time on snopes to show these people how untrue their posts are. It really makes me want to deactivate Facebook but I use Facebook for class stuff and to keep my in laws updated on our life here. I had a very popular Facebook status not too long ago that said that Facebook should disable the share option until people learned to look things up for themselves. All those false posts do is spread fear and confusion and further divide our country.

Yes BCPs really do suck. I felt like a whole new person when we decided to go off them to try for a baby. You should look into non hormonal types. !

I completely agree on the facebook stuff. I also think people should have to take a spelling test before being allowed to use the internet.

I was really well adjusted on the previous BCP, but there was just one problem that a young married woman shouldn't be having. So my mom (who works at an OB/GYN office) asked her doctors what they generally recommend doing. I then switched to the BCP they recommended and it fixed the original problem, but my emotional state is not typically normal and it has gotten very fragile since the switch. My dad's company is in the process of switching insurances, but as soon as I get the new information I'm heading to a GYN. At least the husband is very supportive through all of this. He could be making everything worse, but instead he's just being so sweet.

Just got home from the SA clinic. How is it that an owner is willing to pay for a perineal urethrostomy and yet afterwards, can't remember to feed their cat prescription urinary food??! That poor, poor guy. Straining, bloody urine, the whole 9 yards. And, during the perineal urethrostomy surgery, his urethra wasn't long enough to attach where it would normally go so they created a stoma in his lower abdomen (apologies if that doesn't make total sense, that's what the vet told me in "laymen's terms"). Apparently the owner isn't great at cleaning this out either so his skin is burned and raw from being soaked in urine. I am fuming. :mad:

So I found out it was a guy who lives in my apartment complex 40 feet from my front door that trapped her. :-/
Annoying!

That is annoying.. But glad that you found her! Was her ear tipped??

Nope, but she was reversed at 10:28 this morning (8 hours ago), was only under for a few minutes, and still can't walk :confused:

Thank God for microchips. I'm glad that she's found.

I completely agree on the facebook stuff. I also think people should have to take a spelling test before being allowed to use the internet.

I was really well adjusted on the previous BCP, but there was just one problem that a young married woman shouldn't be having. So my mom (who works at an OB/GYN office) asked her doctors what they generally recommend doing. I then switched to the BCP they recommended and it fixed the original problem, but my emotional state is not typically normal and it has gotten very fragile since the switch. My dad's company is in the process of switching insurances, but as soon as I get the new information I'm heading to a GYN. At least the husband is very supportive through all of this. He could be making everything worse, but instead he's just being so sweet.

I :love: my implanon so much.

i have an injured dog snuggled up on my bed and a screaming pothound (local) puppy in my kitchen. totally unrelated, but it's been quite a weekend for dogs!

Lucy sliced her left P2 digital pad up really nicely yesterday and will be stuck in a paw-to-olecranon bandage for the next month or so :(

Classmates thought they were doing the right thing today (and perhaps they were, we'll find out tomorrow) by "rescuing" a local puppy from a yard down the street from me. pet care here is EXTREMELY different from that in the US, and animals here are used for protection rather than as family members for the most part. its rare to see dogs with collars (that signals that someone really cares about that animal). anyhow, they picked up this puppy with a little red collar, and now long story short it's in my kitchen screaming because we have to study. yayyy

edit: screaming puppy is gone. we took her back to where she came from (we were going to take her back tomorrow afternoon and explain what happened to her owner, but forget that!). we could hear a dog barking at the back of the lot - poor thing was probably snatched from her mother! it was nice of my classmates to try and "do the right thing," but this girl already had a home that cared about her!

Last edited:
Long time lurker...first time poster. My rant lately is that every time I think about finishing my pre-reqs and applying to schools I really feel like im going to vomit.

The level of how overwhelmed I feel lately is awful. Please tell me I am not alone.

Long time lurker...first time poster. My rant lately is that every time I think about finishing my pre-reqs and applying to schools I really feel like im going to vomit.

The level of how overwhelmed I feel lately is awful. Please tell me I am not alone.

You're not even close to alone! :)

The whole process is stressful times 5000, but luckily for us, the SDN community understand when your friends and family don't! :)

Ha! Wait till you're IN vet school. :rolleyes:
But yes, we have all been there and have all felt overwhelmed for different reasons. Those who continue to push through are the ones who make it. Hang in there!

Thank you! Knowing this isnt irrational makes me feel better. While signing up for loans yesterday I made the selection "Pre med-veterinary" and my mind just sort of got blown. Is this really happening?

I have worked in the field for almost 3 years now but the closer application time comes (summer 2014 will be done wih reqs) the more my histeria level heightens.

I think my worst fear is not getting accepted anywhere. Ive been told repeatedly that it is a silly concern but seriously, omg, what if? Sigh.

My stress will surely shoot through the roof once in vet school, but the thought of actually being accepted and possibly moving out of state is just undescribable to those who havent been through it.

Last edited:
Thank you! Knowing this isnt irrational makes me feel better. While signing up for loans yesterday I made the selection "Pre med-veterinary" and my mind just sort of got blown. Is this really happening?

I have worked in the field for almost 3 years now but the closer application time comes (summer 2014 will be done wih reqs) the more my histeria level heightens.

I think my worst fear is not getting accepted anywhere. Ive been told repeatedly that it is a silly concern but seriously, omg, what if? Sigh.

My stress will surely shoot through the roof once in vet school, but the thought of actually being accepted and possibly moving out of state is just undescribable to those who havent been through it.

Well I've definitely been through it and its nuts and scary and awesome all at once. And this is not to sound negative nancy at all, but your fear of not being accepted may come true. So don't think it can't happen. It happens a lot. Just put the best application together that you can. I only say that because it would be devestating if you went into it expecting an acceptance and not getting one. Keep pushing forward and your dream will come true.

I certainly appreciate your honesty. I have already started pulling my app together (lors, statement) because I cant sit still!