RANT HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm the same way! It's served me well in life so far, I can't just sit there for half an hour thinking about one question. Know it or not, move on :)

I read the question, if I know it, great, move on. If I don't know, but have a gut instinct on the answer, that is what I pick, move on. If I read and don't know I see if I can narrow it done, then I put a star next to that question and go back at at the end. So basically, I answer all the questions I know and have gut feelings for first, then go back to questions I didn't know. I don't dwell on them though, I pick an answer, move on and turn in the exam. I do make sure the bubble sheet is filled out right before turning it in, but I don't reread the questions because it leads to second guessing myself. Has worked well so far. :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
I need to learn to follow the mantra of "go with your gut feeling" on tests. I had my first exam in Organic 2 today, and there's a whole section of questions that I got absolutely, flat-out WRONG because I doubted my first few answers; lo and behold, upon further research, turns out I was correct to begin with. Of course. I'm such an idiot...

I see students second guessing themselves on my assignments and quizzes a lot. I won't throw out an absolute estimate, but I'd say much of the time when I see an answer erased or scratched out, it's the right one. After you've read and understood the question, your best bet for almost any subject should be to just listen to your gut and move on. It really KILLS me to see that a student had a concept and then doubted themselves. If you've done your studying and feel like you know the question, chances are that you'll be just fine trusting your instincts.

Reactions: 1 user
We lost a patient today. 15 yo cat who was getting her leg amputated due to a cancerous mass that was eroding her scapula. Then the cat got a dental, and the extra time under anesthesia probably did her in. She just never woke up. We talked with the doctor after everything was said and done, and it was kind of a "You guys didn't do x, y, and z. This could have ended differently." As an assistant, my decision making and actual ability to make judgement calls (I don't have enough knowledge) is severely limited in situations like these, so all I could do was do my best to keep the animal warm and keep asking the techs "She still doesn't have her palpebral...should we be worrying now?" and then drawing up drugs as they called out for them. I should have just gone straight to the doctor. Not to say that the techs aren't knowledgeable, but I know enough to know that 40 minutes is far too long for their to be no reflexes back yet.

Icing on the cake: I came home very late and missed a family surprise party where I would have seen my extended family for the first time in over a year.
Pipette flowers on the icing: My parents came home from said party in another massive fight. My dad still hasn't come inside. My sisters and I have dealt with this since we were crawling....I've always wondered why they don't just call it quits. It's better for the kids, that's for sure.

:shrug:

Members don't see this ad :)
"You guys didn't do x, y, and z. This could have ended differently."
I hope you are not taking this personally. You did nothing wrong. The doctor is responsible for ensuring that the patient wakes up normally from anesthesia. The technicians should have stayed with the patient until she woke up, and when she didn't wake up, they should have alerted the docotor. This is the second story like this that I have heard this week and it really makes me upset. I'm sorry you had to go through this. Poor kitty.

Is it normal to do a dental after something as serious as a limb amputation? I know at the hospital where I work, we don't do dentals with intense surgeries like cruciate repairs or limb amputations.
I wouldn't do it. Esp if there has been a lot of blood loss during the amputation. But, this surgery may have gone well. Still wouldn't have done it.

Is it normal to do a dental after something as serious as a limb amputation? I know at the hospital where I work, we don't do dentals with intense surgeries like cruciate repairs or limb amputations.

It's up to the discretion of the doctor. I can see the argument if the cat had severe dental disease/needed extractions and had solid blood work (kidneys etc); it may have been better to have one anesthetic event rather than knocking her down again at her age of 15. If it wasn't severe, I agree with PSILT that I wouldn't have done it at the same time but it's easy for us to judge from retrospect without knowing all of the details.

It's up to the discretion of the doctor. I can see the argument if the cat had severe dental disease/needed extractions and had solid blood work (kidneys etc); it may have been better to have one anesthetic event rather than knocking her down again at her age of 15. If it wasn't severe, I agree with PSILT that I wouldn't have done it at the same time but it's easy for us to judge from retrospect without knowing all of the details.

The prolonged anesthesia is a worry, but I am not sure I would want to be breaking up and stirring around all the bacteria in the mouth after just amputating that animal's limb... that is just me though. But we don't have all the details, so not sure what the vet's train of thought was, so can't really say what I would have done without knowing full history.

Reactions: 1 users
I hope you are not taking this personally. You did nothing wrong. The doctor is responsible for ensuring that the patient wakes up normally from anesthesia. The technicians should have stayed with the patient until she woke up, and when she didn't wake up, they should have alerted the docotor. This is the second story like this that I have heard this week and it really makes me upset. I'm sorry you had to go through this. Poor kitty.
Thank you. I'm trying not to. I'm not sure if it's expected for the doctor to stay with the patient until its recovered, but that doesn't happen here. She usually completes the surgeries, then goes right back into appointments. I suppose I could have been more proactive and gotten the doctor myself when I started to worry, but the techs said they've had cats wake up 1.5 hours later. I'm not fully qualified to doubt anyone here or to speculate on what went wrong, but hindsight is 20/20 and the cat should have been kept warmer, given more fluids, etc. Mostly things that I cannot just do myself as an assistant (besides the fact that I don't know how much to increase fluid intake, for starters).
I would say no as well. All I will say is that the doctor is pushing dentals this month since it's February, and the cat was certainly not in dire need of a dental.

I just feel bad. I feel that I know enough to take action in certain ways, but I'm not supposed to do anything with hospitalized/surgery patients unless specifically told. I was never asked to take a temp/warm the cat (temp dropped to 90ish), alert the doctor, or anything.

She had some tongue flicking and a slight eye twitch, then 40 minutes went by. during the talk with the doctor, I was basically encouraged to 'questiion' the techs. I'll admit that in this situation, I did, and I was told that this is not normal, but not totally abnormal for a cat given ketval. I never want to overstep my boundaries in that regard, these techs have a degree. Who am I to doubt them? Just an overall crappy situation and a heartbroken client.

I'm a terrible procrastinator, but I'm really good at finishing things strong. I just hope my current project actually ends that way. If it doesn't, it's mostly my fault and I'll feel like a total idiot. I just need to do four pages a day this week and I'm basically done. Review, review, final draft, defense -hopefully I pass- paperwork, exit interview then I can get my expensive piece of paper and move forward. I want to do fun things again and, like, get a real job so I can have money to do fun things again.

... and what bull**** is this I see in my grad newsletter? It would figure that the quarter after my tentative graduation date my university finally has an entomology study abroad for vector-borne diseases and is actively trying to recruit public health students. Great. I have a minor in the subject and would love to go, but it's not open to non-students and there's the money issue.

On a positive note, if I finish by the end of this week, I can create an art piece or choose a photograph to enter into the "Art and Science" art show within my university's health colleges. I have ten days from tomorrow before submissions close.

So I have interviews scheduled for Thursday and Friday. I've taken off of work, told professors and research advisors I will be gone, and in general made plans around it. Now one school has asked me to move my Thursday interview date, but said if it's too problematic they can try a bit to see if they can make it work. I don't know what to do. I'm driving, not flying, so I don't have to worry about plane tickets, but still I would have to go back to all these people and say, sorry, change of plans. I could tell the school, please let me interview on Thursday, but it might not work in the end anyway, and I don't want to give the school bad vibes or anything. :lame:

Members don't see this ad :)
... I could tell the school, please let me interview on Thursday, but it might not work in the end anyway, and I don't want to give the school bad vibes or anything. :lame:

I say try to get them to keep the date. Let them know that you've already requested the time off and have planned your visit. I imagine the school will be flexible. If they really can't take you that day, suggest other interview options, like using Skype. In my experiences, admissions people try pretty hard to make things work out for the interviewees.

The puppy I was spaying at my externship today decided to arrest right as I finished closing. She'd been fine the entire sx which I tried to do as quick as possible since she's a puppy (I'm still fairly slow and she wasn't super easy). We managed to get her back and now we're just waiting to see that she's all there.

The puppy I was spaying at my externship today decided to arrest right as I finished closing. She'd been fine the entire sx which I tried to do as quick as possible since she's a puppy (I'm still fairly slow and she wasn't super easy). We managed to get her back and now we're just waiting to see that she's all there.

:(

Sorry Orca, I know how it feels to have them arrest on the table.

Keep your chin up. One of our surgery residents here was telling me about his first ever spay as a vet student (overseas, I think). Apparently monitoring was pretty minimal because he wrapped up his surgery and they took the drape off and that's when they realized the animal wasn't alive anymore. He still went on to do his surgical residency.

Roommate's old, generally picky dog stopped eating last Thursday morning and overnight started having tarry stool. Got worked into our GP on Friday afternoon, and after a quick ultrasound... has a partially obstructive, presumably ulcerated duodenal tumor. Hasn't eaten anything but hand fed niceties since, and surgery isn't in the books for her financially. Probably euthanizing tomorrow. She's spending a lot of time crying and there's nothing I can do to help. :(

Last edited:
:(

Sorry Orca, I know how it feels to have them arrest on the table.

Keep your chin up. One of our surgery residents here was telling me about his first ever spay as a vet student (overseas, I think). Apparently monitoring was pretty minimal because he wrapped up his surgery and they took the drape off and that's when they realized the animal wasn't alive anymore. He still went on to do his surgical residency.

Thanks...it sucks but I at least feel okay that it wasn't a mistake on my end because she was cardiovascularly stable and didn't show signs of bleeding out the remainder of the day. Im on a shelter med externship so our monitoring is pretty minimal but we had a pulse ox on her which was fine the entire time when I glanced at it. I also try to keep track of their breathing and everything and check on them myself during the sx. I'll probabaly be extra diligent about it now though. Pretty sure they're going to call it though tonight. She didn't improve enough for us to feel confident that she'd regain all functions.

Roommate's old, generally picky dog stopped eating last Thursday morning and overnight started having tarry stool. Got worked into our GP on Friday afternoon, and after a quick ultrasound... has a partially obstructive, presumably ulcerated duodenal tumor. Hasn't eaten anything but hand fed niceties since, and surgery isn't in the books for her financially. Probably euthanizing tomorrow. She's spending a lot of time crying and there's nothing I can do to help. :(
awww i'm so sorry for your roommate. i took that dog to ultrasound last week and had another one of her pets as a patient on GP. i wont lie and say what a sweet little boy he was for us (because he generally wanted to eat our faces off), but no one and no animal deserves what they are going through :(

Thanks...it sucks but I at least feel okay that it wasn't a mistake on my end because she was cardiovascularly stable and didn't show signs of bleeding out the remainder of the day. Im on a shelter med externship so our monitoring is pretty minimal but we had a pulse ox on her which was fine the entire time when I glanced at it. I also try to keep track of their breathing and everything and check on them myself during the sx. I'll probabaly be extra diligent about it now though. Pretty sure they're going to call it though tonight. She didn't improve enough for us to feel confident that she'd regain all functions.

I'm sorry. That always sucks.. :(

awww i'm so sorry for your roommate. i took that dog to ultrasound last week and had another one of her pets as a patient on GP. i wont lie and say what a sweet little boy he was for us (because he generally wanted to eat our faces off), but no one and no animal deserves what they are going through :(

Yeah, he's not trying to eat faces off anymore, if that says anything about how he's doing... :( He's a bit of an ass, but he's her ass, and it's really ****ty. We were really hoping it was due to his rimadyl. Sad pandas.

That sounds awful, but it sounds like you were able to think on your feet and handle the situation. Sorry to hear the pup wasn't able to pull through. :(

I come home from work today to a message on my machine from Kohl's regarding my charge account. I literally just paid off the card on Monday so I thought it was strange and called them back. The number was to their fraud dept and they informed me that someone presented photo id with my name and entered my ss# at 2 different stores to make charges on my account! I just had to file a police report and report it to a credit agency. Ugh! I worked so hard to repair my credit after I was out of work for a few months, I really don't need this headache right now.

I am being a petty cranky ;$(!? today. I wish people would realize that I cannot change scheduling for something just because a handful of people cannot make it.

I am wearing my grumpy pants today.

Came back to work after a couple days off to find out a case that started last week ended sadly. A regular client brought their 5-month-old papillon in Thursday because she was vomiting, but bloodwork and x-rays over the next couple days didn't point to anything obvious. The owners decided on exploratory surgery yesterday, and turns out she had eaten some string. :( The vets suspected a foreign body, but the owners didn't know of anything she could have gotten into, and last I heard Saturday another dog in the household wasn't acting right, so they were leaning toward something contagious. Anyway, apparently the pup's intestines were a wreck, so the owners chose euthanasia. I don't know if she would have stood a chance if they'd done surgery sooner, but regardless it really sucks. :(

My elderly rabbit was running all over yesterday, hopping up and down from the couch, and standing up begging for treats. Now, she's hobbling around on three legs. She's sprained limbs before, so I'm hoping that's the extent of her new injury. If not, I guess it will be a visit to the vet.

Despite limping, she's still moving around the place without being provoked and she's still a piggy little treat-hound. Still, not what I needed this week.

I'm glad you're all so happy and excited about life or whatever and I get that I'm not sitting in the library but we have a test in 30 minutes. A test that quite a few of us are sitting in here desperately attempting to study for. So for the love of glomerulonephritis please SHUT UP! or at least take it down a few decibels, they don't need to hear you across campus... grumpypants...

Pretty sure my dog pooped in the house today. Strangest part is that my roomie had fed her dog around 3 and didn't notice anything when she came out of her room from feeding him (poop was found near her bedroom so she would have noticed). She then let my guy out before she took her's on a walk later on. He's normally given plenty of time to do both if needed, so I'm surprised he didn't go outside. He apparently decided to go while she was out on the walk.

Just surprised because they get let out a lot and he hasn't had any accidents in like a year.

Thank you, Indiana State Government, for not only putting a lien on my vehicle in September for a tax charge from 5 years ago, but for now freezing my bank accounts for the remaining balance. Thank you oh so much for not being patient enough to wait a freaking week for me to file taxes, so I could actually have the money to pay you back. And thank you for giving me negative money, so I am now stuck at home for Valentines Day instead of leaving on a much-needed vacation to see my boyfriend.

Much Love,
Gwen
(Seriously though, go eff yourselves.)

I'm glad you're all so happy and excited about life or whatever and I get that I'm not sitting in the library but we have a test in 30 minutes. A test that quite a few of us are sitting in here desperately attempting to study for. So for the love of glomerulonephritis please SHUT UP! or at least take it down a few decibels, they don't need to hear you across campus... grumpypants...

Is that why you all were so grumpy today?

C'mon. It's just kidneys. They only do one thing: make urine. How hard can it be? :)

Has anyone ever worked at a clinic that charged for catheter placements ($35) in order for owners to be present during a euthanasia? I understand the reason why it's policy, but does $35 sound ridiculous to anyone else? I'm back to questioning if I should stay at this place..

An owner couldn't afford the estimated $2600 for a tail amputation, so elected to euthanize. The doctor 1) wouldn't see the owners without first charging them a $45 euth consult fee, which pissed them off 2) wouldn't allow them to be present unless a catheter was placed. They just wanted to know if there were any other options.

Of course, the owners are now actively spreading the word of how horrible we are and how we force clients to pay if they want to be present (which isn't the total truth, as they're leaving out the fact that we have to take extra steps in that situation). Plus, the doctor 'joked' about using the "poor client donation fund" to buy herself lunch today....

At the hospital I work at we have an "in room" euthanasia fee of $129 and an "owner not present" fee of $79. I understand the cost difference as the higher cost covers an appointment time while the lower cost can be done between appointments. It is hard to explain the cost difference to clients though.

Has anyone ever worked at a clinic that charged for catheter placements ($35) in order for owners to be present during a euthanasia? I understand the reason why it's policy, but does $35 sound ridiculous to anyone else? I'm back to questioning if I should stay at this place..

An owner couldn't afford the estimated $2600 for a tail amputation, so elected to euthanize. The doctor 1) wouldn't see the owners without first charging them a $45 euth consult fee, which pissed them off 2) wouldn't allow them to be present unless a catheter was placed. They just wanted to know if there were any other options.

Of course, the owners are now actively spreading the word of how horrible we are and how we force clients to pay if they want to be present (which isn't the total truth, as they're leaving out the fact that we have to take extra steps in that situation). Plus, the doctor 'joked' about using the "poor client donation fund" to buy herself lunch today....

We do, but it's factored into our total cost for the euthanasia, so most clients probably don't realize it's in there until they get the actual invoice (if they even look at it after they've paid given the circumstance). Not sure what the actual dollar amount is, since I've only ever had to put one into the computer system and I got help with it. I do work for a corporate practice though. Can't remember what my first clinic did, but I kind of imagine that it's sort of factored into the overall price before the various cremation options. I do that at the first practice we had different costs for if it was owner witnessed or not in addition to whether it was private vs. communal.

We both place catheters and don't, it depends on what is happening, for instance if we know placing the catheter would cause unnecessary stress on a dying animal. I know they did upcharge it a little when they started using catheters but not much. Now I don't think we do charge an exam fee if we know straight off that they just want the euth. But if they want the Doc's opinion then that's different.
I also just had a pretty rough day at work. For a background, I've been working three weeks straight with no more than a day off here and there, eleven hour shifts or more. I love that I'm getting this many hours, but all my coworkers are saying "really you're here for that long again today?" It's not typical in the clinic I work out. Of course lately we've had emergency surgeries and it's been stressing all of us, but I sort of got chewed out today. I got bit by a cat that I was restraining a couple days ago, a tech who was drawing an aspirate from a paw pad and pricked herself which I was restraining for, and then I got scratched again today. I don't know, I sort of feel like yeah I might be slipping a bit, I need to scruff cats more I know that. But no I really don't think I'm to blame for all of it, but I still feel awful, like I'm lacking.

Yes, but we don't charge the catheter as a separate charge, it is embedded into the cost of the euth (About a $40 difference between owner's that wanted to be present and didn't, that charge was to cover catheter and any sedation drugs used prior). We also only charged exam fees if it was a new client that had never been seen before (we got a lot of convenience euth stuff so the vets wanted to examine new client animals that were in for euthanasia) or we would charge an exam fee if the client was there for a second opinion type of thing, or wanted to talk about other options with the vet first.

At the hospital I work at we have an "in room" euthanasia fee of $129 and an "owner not present" fee of $79. I understand the cost difference as the higher cost covers an appointment time while the lower cost can be done between appointments. It is hard to explain the cost difference to clients though.
We do, but it's factored into our total cost for the euthanasia, so most clients probably don't realize it's in there until they get the actual invoice (if they even look at it after they've paid given the circumstance). Not sure what the actual dollar amount is, since I've only ever had to put one into the computer system and I got help with it. I do work for a corporate practice though. Can't remember what my first clinic did, but I kind of imagine that it's sort of factored into the overall price before the various cremation options. I do that at the first practice we had different costs for if it was owner witnessed or not in addition to whether it was private vs. communal.
It's just beyond stressful to me to be working at a clinic that has lost 4 clients THIS WEEK via blowout arguments in the exam rooms. The last vet I worked for was absolutely adored by her clients. Maybe this place is more realistic. My clinic charges separately for everything. Just the euthanasia fee is about $80, then another large charge for cremation, then that $35 for a catheter.
We both place catheters and don't, it depends on what is happening, for instance if we know placing the catheter would cause unnecessary stress on a dying animal. I know they did upcharge it a little when they started using catheters but not much. Now I don't think we do charge an exam fee if we know straight off that they just want the euth. But if they want the Doc's opinion then that's different.
I also just had a pretty rough day at work. For a background, I've been working three weeks straight with no more than a day off here and there, eleven hour shifts or more. I love that I'm getting this many hours, but all my coworkers are saying "really you're here for that long again today?" It's not typical in the clinic I work out. Of course lately we've had emergency surgeries and it's been stressing all of us, but I sort of got chewed out today. I got bit by a cat that I was restraining a couple days ago, a tech who was drawing an aspirate from a paw pad and pricked herself which I was restraining for, and then I got scratched again today. I don't know, I sort of feel like yeah I might be slipping a bit, I need to scruff cats more I know that. But no I really don't think I'm to blame for all of it, but I still feel awful, like I'm lacking.
Your schedule sounds like mine! Yes, I like the hours too. But I also like my boyfriend and my bed.

1. You cannot possibly be at fault for the tech pricking herself....
2. We will all get bitten and scratched. It's part of the job. You can't always protect yourself from scratches if the cat is so fractious that you need both hands on the head. I am completely covered in bruises right now because I had to put all of my muscle into the head of a dog the other day and couldn't pay attention to the legs. If you think you are slipping, ask for someone to show you better ways to hold. For what it's worth, I think scruffing is one of the easiest ways to lose a cat. I'm no pro, but I've seen too many people scruff a cat, then have a screaming/writhing cat go airborne.

That's true honestly, I feel like I sort of have to see how the cat responds to how I'm restraining, and heck. I've been doing this for a while now, I think with these two cats specifically though scruffing might have been the answer. Specially since the bite involved a muzzle coming off.

Yes, but we don't charge the catheter as a separate charge, it is embedded into the cost of the euth (About a $40 difference between owner's that wanted to be present and didn't, that charge was to cover catheter and any sedation drugs used prior). We also only charged exam fees if it was a new client that had never been seen before (we got a lot of convenience euth stuff so the vets wanted to examine new client animals that were in for euthanasia) or we would charge an exam fee if the client was there for a second opinion type of thing, or wanted to talk about other options with the vet first.
Maybe this is why I find it strange to see it as a separate charge. The last clinic I worked at even had routine exam fees embedded into the vaccine costs.

:shrug: I'm just already tired of seeing clients go inactive after the doctor details the drama that happened in a medical note.

That's true honestly, I feel like I sort of have to see how the cat responds to how I'm restraining, and heck. I've been doing this for a while now, I think with these two cats specifically though scruffing might have been the answer. Specially since the bite involved a muzzle coming off.
Yeah definitely. If a cat is really being awful, I usually say I'm not comfortable going any further unless someone else steps in to hold legs (especially if they're clawed). That happened today, actually. I had to come hold legs because a munchkin cat was being unreasonable. The other assistant had both hands around the head. Mean, mean munchkin.

Every clinic/boss/coworker responds differently to you being adamant that you want extra restraint, but if you're preventing a bite...

-They may not be able to charge the IVC as a lumped euthanasia charge depending on how their inventory system works (admittedly $35 for the IVC sounds a bit much, but they may have judged that to be what the professional service of placing the catheter is worth)
-Was this a returning client? It's not unusual for there to be a consult fee for new clients who want to euthanize
-Like it or not, time needs to be charged for appropriately. If a euthanasia takes up a normal appointment slot (and thus appointment fee), thats money lost to the practice. Harsh but true.
-It probably shouldn't be sold as "if you are present it will cost you x and if you aren't it will cost you y." better to ask what their wishes are and then settle up with the finances gently without bringing up price differences
-It's a really good idea to place a catheter for euthanasias, it's such a charged event and so much can go wrong (pet jumps, dr cant hit a vein as they're trying to euthanize, clients doing weird things in highly emotional states...)

Reactions: 3 users
-They may not be able to charge the IVC as a lumped euthanasia charge depending on how their inventory system works (admittedly $35 for the IVC sounds a bit much, but they may have judged that to be what the professional service of placing the catheter is worth)
-Was this a returning client? It's not unusual for there to be a consult fee for new clients who want to euthanize
-Like it or not, time needs to be charged for appropriately. If a euthanasia takes up a normal appointment slot (and thus appointment fee), thats money lost to the practice. Harsh but true.
-It probably shouldn't be sold as "if you are present it will cost you x and if you aren't it will cost you y." better to ask what their wishes are and then settle up with the finances gently without bringing up price differences
-It's a really good idea to place a catheter for euthanasias, it's such a charged event and so much can go wrong (pet jumps, dr cant hit a vein as they're trying to euthanize, clients doing weird things in highly emotional states...)
Yes, this was a returning client. I totally understand the doctor wanting to be paid for her time. However, I guess I find it hard to understand how she picks and chooses her charity cases. Obviously, it's her discretion. However, why would you do a free surgery but not a free 10 minutes to put these grieving owners at ease with helping them know they are not making the wrong decision? Really, what could have been a 20-30 minute event turned into over an hour because there was such much arguing over why the doctor wouldn't talk to them for a few minutes, why we charge for a catheter, etc.
We did explain why we would place a catheter and why it is a requirement if they wish to be present. Either the owner misunderstood, or is blatantly leaving out information to make us look like we simply charge more for them to be in the room. They were given an estimate based on not being present, then changed their minds, and were confused as to why the price went up. That's where it all started.

I guess the only good thing that came out of it was the dog is no longer in pain. She was so uncomfortable, she started chewing her tail off :(

Owners will definitely do that. Once they are upset, they don't remember all the facts. And catheters and placement aren't an abnormal charge, but I'm not sure what the local charges are where you work. $35 May be reasonable there. I suspect the difference in price is IV euthanasia v. Gas down and cardiac stick or something similar.

The only reason I would ever "yell" at a tech for being pricked by a needle is if they didn't practice sad recapping techniques. Then it really is your own fault. And I wouldn't yell, I would correct.

Sometimes scruff ing and stretching a cat is appropriate. Or burritoing a cat so you can have more head control alone. But that sounds more like a training issue than the techs personal issue

Been awake since 3:30 am -_- Can't sleep; when I lay down I can't breathe. So frustrating since we have a HUGE radiology exam today and I really needed a good night's rest. This dumb cold needs to go away quick.

Been awake since 3:30 am -_- Can't sleep; when I lay down I can't breathe. So frustrating since we have a HUGE radiology exam today and I really needed a good night's rest. This dumb cold needs to go away quick.
I've been awake since 3:30 also. I'm usually a good sleeper too.

Having lived in the northeast as long as I have I should be okay with winter by now but it has been so cold, and I'm so sick of snow, and the wind the past few days had made going outside miserable. I JUST WANT SUMMER

Having lived in the northeast as long as I have I should be okay with winter by now but it has been so cold, and I'm so sick of snow, and the wind the past few days had made going outside miserable. I JUST WANT SUMMER
Amen

This is the first V-day I've been with someone in a while, and what happens? I have a pretty bad cold and feel like death warmed over after I woke up this morning. So, there goes all plans of going out tonight... I'm pretty upset cause I had made some pretty fun plans for us.
This isn't a rant, but to add on- my girlfriend is going to make me dinner and we are going to stay in and watch movies/play games instead. So, that sounds like a nice night indeed. I just wish I was feeling better.

This is the first V-day I've been with someone in a while, and what happens? I have a pretty bad cold and feel like death warmed over after I woke up this morning. So, there goes all plans of going out tonight... I'm pretty upset cause I had made some pretty fun plans for us.
This isn't a rant, but to add on- my girlfriend is going to make me dinner and we are going to stay in and watch movies/play games instead. So, that sounds like a nice night indeed. I just wish I was feeling better.

We're pretty much doing the exact same thing. We didn't really have any crazy plans since we were just going to make dinner tonight but I'm sick as well. He just ordered some wonton soup because I don't have any soup in the house and we're just watching tv/movies as well.

We're pretty much doing the exact same thing. We didn't really have any crazy plans since we were just going to make dinner tonight but I'm sick as well. He just ordered some wonton soup because I don't have any soup in the house and we're just watching tv/movies as well.

Bummer you are sick, too. But it'll be kinda nice just to stay in tonight. Hope you feel better soon!