RAVE HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Our One Health Club is doing a fundraiser using the Giant Microbe Plushes and I'm so excited. Now to hint to the bf and family members in regards to which ones I want.

Those things are the best!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think I have any STDs :( I have rabies, kissing disease, flu, bookworm, white blood cell, cough, brain cell... I need mad cow.
Read this post waaaaay out of context and was confused that you were so sad about your lack of STDs. :laugh:

Reactions: 6 users
Did my first nerve block on a horse today! For whatever reason, it was way more intimidating than any of the ones I've done on dogs -- but I did it and it worked! Oh, vet school. You're so fun sometimes.

Reactions: 2 users
Did my first nerve block on a horse today! For whatever reason, it was way more intimidating than any of the ones I've done on dogs -- but I did it and it worked! Oh, vet school. You're so fun sometimes.

I did 2 abaxial sesamoid blocks today! I love doing it!

Asking for positive vibes! I had an interview the other day for a really great job at school, and I find out by Monday if I got it or not. I think I rocked the interview, so fingers crossed! I also have a phone interview with Banfield's student program tomorrow, so I'm hoping that goes well!

Reactions: 6 users
Spent my morning doing ophthalmic exams on horses, spend my afternoon doing 1/3ish of a spay (on a cadaver dog). Getting really pumped for my first live sx next month. Now heading back to school for an emergency colic coming in! Love hands on!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I finally figured out how to display the clay paw prints from my pets that are no longer with me. I made shadow boxes with their pictures and paw prints. They turned out really well! This is Mickey, my heart dog.
ImageUploadedBySDN1454035328.266551.jpg

Reactions: 7 users
Omg. James Taylor is coming to my town on tour soon and I AM SO EXCITED!!! I thought I would never get to see him live, but I've decided to splurge on tickets :) I seriously can't wait!!

Reactions: 1 users
Bought myself a pair of grey's anatomy scrubs a bit ago when I saw them on a (still expensive...) sale. Just put them on for the first time and holy crap they're so soft and flowy.

Reactions: 1 user
I wear Grey's A all the time. I like them a lot, and they hold up well, don't stain.

You Neo folks should add me as a friend on there. Same username. Then we can pick some items you want - paint brushes or whatever.

Bought myself a pair of grey's anatomy scrubs a bit ago when I saw them on a (still expensive...) sale. Just put them on for the first time and holy crap they're so soft and flowy.
I have 3 sets of grey's anatomy scrubs, i looooove them

Despite hating whoever thought of negative point questions..... I passed my Radiology exam today!!!! Whoohoo! :banana:

Reactions: 9 users
I received my first paycheck today for my new job and they upped my pay by a dollar an hour. Yay!

I also remembered on my drive home that I have a free pizza coming to me from Papa Johns. So I know what I'll be eating this weekend. I was going to make beef stew, but doing all the vegetable prep and cooking it in the crock pot for half a day sounds way less appealing than sitting on my ass on the couch as someone else makes and delivers food to me in under an hour.

I wear Grey's A all the time. I like them a lot, and they hold up well, don't stain.

You Neo folks should add me as a friend on there. Same username. Then we can pick some items you want - paint brushes or whatever.
Adding you! I'm neopaws787 (yeah, I know...)

I have one, but it's been about a month since I've gotten on. After spending all my savings on a PB for my draik, I kinda lost all hope. But at least my draik is beautiful! Lol

Loovveee draiks. Actually, mostly just loved the ridiculous bs you could call a draik and still have it allowed in the beauty contest. I miss my old draiks that I adopted out when I "quit" for undergrad, wish I'd kept them. They'd be "worth" a ridiculous amount, now, too... unconverted plushie and darigan.

@orca2011 too.

I guess the deal is I have 14M NP and no interest in using it for anything. Silly as it is, it seems wasteful to just let it sit around.

That's kind of where I am, too, and with a similar amount. My long-term goal is to pay for my stocks with my bank interest, and I just don't know what I'll even do on Neo after that. :p

Loovveee draiks. Actually, mostly just loved the ridiculous bs you could call a draik and still have it allowed in the beauty contest. I miss my old draiks that I adopted out when I "quit" for undergrad, wish I'd kept them. They'd be "worth" a ridiculous amount, now, too... unconverted plushie and darigan.

That's kind of where I am, too, and with a similar amount. My long-term goal is to pay for my stocks with my bank interest, and I just don't know what I'll even do on Neo after that. :p

My long term goal was a mariquan draik, a speckled koi, and the lab map. Did it all! But I never understood how people made millions of np, I struggled just for those!

My long term goal was a mariquan draik, a speckled koi, and the lab map. Did it all! But I never understood how people made millions of np, I struggled just for those!
You sound like me! I'm a bit of a lab addict, and have a maraquan draik (who is by far my worst offender for the BC). Let's be neofriends. :p My un is Draconyst.

god i am so lame.

You sound like me! I'm a bit of a lab addict, and have a maraquan draik (who is by far my worst offender for the BC). Let's be neofriends. :p My un is Draconyst.

god i am so lame.

Back in the day (my original account turns 15 in a month or so), I had a gallery of... guess. Just guess.

Lol. It was of tiger-ish things. So there was the striped tiger furniture, the fruits, and then tons of stuff that you don't really notice that has tiger stripes or teeth. Also all Kougra things, since they are sort of tiger-like in their own regard. It was a pretty vast collection. It got hard to manage after a while - back then it had to be in a shop and priced to be unsellable, and expanding the shop larger and larger got so expensive. I think my prized possession was a Tigerfruit Tombola Coin. Can't even find those anymore, really.

I also may or may not have had an Elijah Wood guild that had several thousand members at one point.

What was that about a nerd competition?

Looking back on my account and loling. I was 10 at the time? Maybe? All of my pets are blue and one is named after Lizzie McGuire :rofl:

Back in the day (my original account turns 15 in a month or so), I had a gallery of... guess. Just guess.

Lol. It was of tiger-ish things. So there was the striped tiger furniture, the fruits, and then tons of stuff that you don't really notice that has tiger stripes or teeth. Also all Kougra things, since they are sort of tiger-like in their own regard. It was a pretty vast collection. It got hard to manage after a while - back then it had to be in a shop and priced to be unsellable, and expanding the shop larger and larger got so expensive. I think my prized possession was a Tigerfruit Tombola Coin. Can't even find those anymore, really.

I also may or may not have had an Elijah Wood guild that had several thousand members at one point.

What was that about a nerd competition?

I have a toilet gallery... it's not very big though, ha. You win! :D

I don't even have a long-term goal for Neo (though I still have several pets across my accounts that I want to paint different things),ever since high school I just save, save, save...first by hardcore gaming for NP every day, but nowadays just via stocks and bank interest. I just reached 50mil last week? :smuggrin:

I've been poked fun at for hoarding so much NP and rarely spending any...but I just don't know what to do with it other than my wanted paintbrushes/MPs some of which cost so much they would put a huge dent in the savings :confused: the hoard continues!

So many mara draiks! That's a pet I'd love to have (in fact most of my wish-pets are maraquan, just love that color!), a couple Christmases ago my friend from undergrad gave me a pirate draik egg, and I plan on painting her maraquan eventually but I haven't wanted to fork over the NP for the paintbrush. Which is fine for now because I love pirates and she looks great! I actually found an egg myself at the deserted shore a few months back, but haven't decided whether to hatch it and am too lazy to sell...

TT, wow! Your account's a whole year older than mine! And with a much better username for both being created by 10-year-olds :p

Last edited:
TT, wow! Your account's a whole year older than mine! And with a much better username for both being created by 10-year-olds :p

I was more like 15. I had about five accounts - one was a gallery, one was for my guild, and one was to screw around with people on the Neoboards. And then a few just to have the pets I wanted.

I feel very strange that I never had a neopets account... I'm not really even sure I know what it is

Reactions: 3 users
I feel very strange that I never had a neopets account... I'm not really even sure I know what it is
:eek:

My sister and I discovered it as kids. It was a sad attempt at pet ownership since it took my parents 13 years to allow me to own a mammal.

If you ever had a time-wasting thing on the Internet, it's like that.

If you haven't before, then congrats - SDN is your Neopets. It's a bit of a different demographic, but the end result is the same.

Reactions: 2 users
I had a Neopets account when I was a kid, but I never got super into it, and I have no idea what my login info was. Neopets were all the rage when I was in about 4th grade. I have created new accounts a couple times just to play their version of Snake, because it's cute. :laugh:

I don't even have a long-term goal for Neo (though I still have several pets across my accounts that I want to paint different things),ever since high school I just save, save, save...first by hardcore gaming for NP every day, but nowadays just via stocks and bank interest. I just reached 50mil last week? :smuggrin:

I've been poked fun at for hoarding so much NP and rarely spending any...but I just don't know what to do with it other than my wanted paintbrushes/MPs some of which cost so much they would put a huge dent in the savings :confused: the hoard continues!

So many mara draiks! That's a pet I'd love to have (in fact most of my wish-pets are maraquan, just love that color!), a couple Christmases ago my friend from undergrad gave me a pirate draik egg, and I plan on painting her maraquan eventually but I haven't wanted to fork over the NP for the paintbrush. Which is fine for now because I love pirates and she looks great! I actually found an egg myself at the deserted shore a few months back, but haven't decided whether to hatch it and am too lazy to sell...

Oh man when I play regularly (not just step in to do stocks/etc like now) I am SUCH a bad spender. Last time lab maps got fairly cheap I bought one for every side account... it's a good thing I don't play regularly anymore, ha.

Mara pets are definitely one of the best colours. I have my draik and an ixi (who's really just eye candy), used to have a gelert, and have been kind of itching for a xwee one recently...