This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
2 months??? Good grief...

I was a little impatient as far as hearing back from my interviewer so I emailed him because I had a "question" on the application process. ;) I never did hear back from him; but, I got an email a few days later from Ross with the acceptance greeting.

I can't promise the same outcome but maybe you could email your interviewer about a "question" you may have. Just to send a gentle reminder :p

Keep us updated!
So I called the admissions department today and they said my application is in committee review. The lady on the phone was super sweet and said i will hear back by next week. Fingers crossed!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Did anyone apply through their website rather than VMCAS? I decided to apply here last minute to have another option in case I don't get into a state school. I plan to upload a CV, but I'm not sure how detailed I should get under the "List your veterinary experience" section. Right now I have the experience and number of hours. I figured they could see my responsibilities for those experiences in the CV.

I applied through VMCAS in September, my application was finally verified the week of Thanksgiving and I received an interview offer today!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I can't believe I haven't heard back yet :sorry:
I applied in August, my application was verified about a month ago, and I talked to two admission counselors already since then! They told me that I looked good and I should sit tight for an interview offer in the next few days even. I still haven't heard anything. :(

I applied in August, my application was verified about a month ago, and I talked to two admission counselors already since then! They told me that I looked good and I should sit tight for an interview offer in the next few days even. I still haven't heard anything. :(
That's bizarre... Have you called them recently? That just seems off to me

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using SDN mobile

That is weird... I wonder if it matters what region of the US you’re applying from? I’m Midwest and was contacted about 2 weeks after my app being verified.

Still haven't heard anything back, submitted in September verified in October. I've called multiple times and I keep getting a different time scale as to when I am supposed to hear back.

I just called the office!
The lady on the phone said that they got a heavy amount of applications through VMCAs this year, so if you applied through there, they're really behind.
I got a new time estimate of "next few days." Admittedly that's what I heard the other few times too, so I'm taking it with a grain of salt.

At least we know there's nothing wrong. :beaver:

Oh yea, I live in New York if that matters. But I'm getting the feeling that it doesn't..?

Just got a call today, interviewed 11/7, Accepted for vet prep. Kinda excited kinda bummed but at least it was not a rejection!

Reactions: 3 users
Anddd I just got my interview email! Maybe the call pushed it forward :p

Hello all! I have an interview coming up in January 2018 and I would like to be prepared for it. Has anyone been interviewed by Ross Vet school? What types of questions do they ask and what should I expect?

Also, the interview is conducted on Skype. "The interview will consist of two “timed” industry based questions, which will require a written response, as well as a traditional (question & answer) section."

What does the "timed" industry based questions entail? Anyone have any experience with that.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
So I got accepted for the fall but am strongly considering the spring because the Tennessee relocation. Is anyone choosing to change their start date because of this too? I'm not really sure if I should go for it, I literally finished my MBS program yesterday.
What is the Tennessee relocation? I haven’t heard about this

So rather than continuing with using the cruise ship while they renovate the main campus, Lincoln Memorial University’s School of Medicine is allowing Ross to utilize their facilities until the renovations are complete. So if you start in January, you can begin in Tennessee and complete the rest of your non clinical work in Dominca (whatever is not finished while in Tennessee).
This the Ross University Veterinary School page :) Those students aren't affected by the whole cruise ship ordeal.

Just wondering some people's stats who were accepted into Ross's vet prep program

CONGRATS to everyone that got accepted!!! I would also appreciate if you guys could share your stats...I’m hoping to apply next fall but have an incredibly LOW GPA :( from what I’ve searched, a lot of people in the accepted stats don’t apply to Ross so theres not a large number of application examples to look at. Would really appreciate the help guys :)

CONGRATS to everyone that got accepted!!! I would also appreciate if you guys could share your stats...I’m hoping to apply next fall but have an incredibly LOW GPA :( from what I’ve searched, a lot of people in the accepted stats don’t apply to Ross so theres not a large number of application examples to look at. Would really appreciate the help guys :)

Hello "i love dogs"! Here's a brief overview of my background:
  • Iowa Resident
  • 32 years old
  • 13 years of exotic and domestic (paid and volunteer) experience
  • GRE scores:
    • Verbal: 152.00
    • Quantitative: 149.00
    • Analytical Writing: 4.50
  • GPAs:
    • Required Science Course GPA: 2.81
    • Last 45 Credits GPA: 3.42
    • Cumulative GPA: 3.22
  • Interviewed with Ross via Skype on Oct. 23, 2017
  • Accepted directly into Ross University for Fall 2018 on Nov. 17, 2017
If there's anything else you would like to know, don't hesitate to ask! :)

People who got accepted for the vet prep program knows how to pay for the program other than private loans and paying out of pocket??

People who got accepted for the vet prep program knows how to pay for the program other than private loans and paying out of pocket??

I’m not too sure if there are other ways, i haven’t had the chance to look into it either, because in the email I got it said they don’t offer aid for that semester but to email their office with any questions. You might try emailing them an ask

I have my interview on Monday the 22nd with Philip jaroslow! I’m applying for May 2018. Anyone have any advise or tips on specific questions? And has anyone else applied for May and know how soon I may hear back after?

I have my interview on Monday the 22nd with Philip jaroslow! I’m applying for May 2018. Anyone have any advise or tips on specific questions? And has anyone else applied for May and know how soon I may hear back after?
Good luck! Its a very laid back interview. I talked about my specific interests in the school, and he asked for my family history/background in vet med. I heard back within 3 weeks via email and phone call. Let me know if you make it in! I'm attending for the May class :)

Hey there,

I met and did a transcript review with Ross, after I already submitted an application (mainly went for the info session and to talk to alumni, and did the review to get practice talking about myself for interviews).

At the information session and on their website, they are now saying 1 semester of orgo is required.
On my checklist on the Ross portal (I applied this past September 2017 through VMCAS for admission for Fall 2018 start), Organic chem is not even listed as a requirement.

Does anyone know if organic is going to be considered for us in the fall 2018 starting time cohort? I'm sure it will factor in overall, but are they particularly concerned with it like the other pre-reqs?

thanks!

Hey there,

I met and did a transcript review with Ross, after I already submitted an application (mainly went for the info session and to talk to alumni, and did the review to get practice talking about myself for interviews).

At the information session and on their website, they are now saying 1 semester of orgo is required.
On my checklist on the Ross portal (I applied this past September 2017 through VMCAS for admission for Fall 2018 start), Organic chem is not even listed as a requirement.

Does anyone know if organic is going to be considered for us in the fall 2018 starting time cohort? I'm sure it will factor in overall, but are they particularly concerned with it like the other pre-reqs?

thanks!

Biochemistry is required for Ross and Organic Chem 1 is a pre-req for Biochemisty, so by default Ochem1 is required.

For those who interviewed and were accepted, how long after your interview did you receive your acceptance??

I interviewed last week on Tuesday and I’m anxiously awaiting an answer!! Every time my phone rings, my heart jumps!

For those who interviewed and were accepted, how long after your interview did you receive your acceptance??

I interviewed last week on Tuesday and I’m anxiously awaiting an answer!! Every time my phone rings, my heart jumps!

I interviewed on Wednesday and asked when I would hear back, I was told 7-10 days. I applied for May though, so I think it depends on what semester you are applying to. Good Luck!!!

I interviewed on Wednesday and asked when I would hear back, I was told 7-10 days. I applied for May though, so I think it depends on what semester you are applying to. Good Luck!!!

Ooh! Okay, I’m applying for fall ‘18 and my interviewer (Philip Jaroslow) said I’d hear within 3 weeks. Good luck to you too!!

I had my interview today and they really focused on my animal experience. My interviewer was Jeanne DiPretoro. She asked me why I wanted to go to Ross and what my favorite classes were in undergrad. I was wondering if you got similar questions? I was also told I would heard back at the end of February. I am also applying for May 2018

Do you suggest calling if you have not received an offer to interview at this point?

Has anyone who interviewed in December heard back yet?? I applied for fall 2018.

Has anyone who interviewed in December heard back yet?? I applied for fall 2018.

I applied for Fall 2018 too! I had my interview on Oct. 23 and heard back Nov. 18 after I sent an email asking when I would hear back. :p Have you checked your portal to see if "decision made" is there? I would send an email or give them a call just to give them a gentle reminder.

I applied for Fall 2018 too! I had my interview on Oct. 23 and heard back Nov. 18 after I sent an email asking when I would hear back. :p Have you checked your portal to see if "decision made" is there? I would send an email or give them a call just to give them a gentle reminder.

is the portal the same as the one that you can check to make sure your materials were received? I got a link to a portal like this in my email. I applied through VMCAS so im not sure if it is a different portal from those who applied through their website.

I’ve been emailing my interviewer and everytime she says next week next week lol I’m growing impatient

is the portal the same as the one that you can check to make sure your materials were received? I got a link to a portal like this in my email. I applied through VMCAS so im not sure if it is a different portal from those who applied through their website.

Yes that is the portal (the link in your email). I applied via VMCAS as well. Ross got a double-whammy from me. I thought I had to apply through their website and through VMCAS. *sigh* Live and learn I suppose. :rolleyes:

I’ve been emailing my interviewer and everytime she says next week next week lol I’m growing impatient

Haha! I understand completely! What does your portal say? Do you have a "decision made" yet?

Yes that is the portal (the link in your email). I applied via VMCAS as well. Ross got a double-whammy from me. I thought I had to apply through their website and through VMCAS. *sigh* Live and learn I suppose. :rolleyes:

Haha! I understand completely! What does your portal say? Do you have a "decision made" yet?
No it says committee review it has said that since January 2nd lol

I also emailed my interviewer again mrs Schroeder and she is usually really quick at replying but she hasn’t responded.

I interviewed early December for Fall 2018 as well, and my account sat on "Committee Review" for almost 2 months and then yesterday I got a call! So I'm sure yours will be coming soon! Stay patient!

I interviewed early December for Fall 2018 as well, and my account sat on "Committee Review" for almost 2 months and then yesterday I got a call! So I'm sure yours will be coming soon! Stay patient!
Thanks for the hope I hope it’s this week lol I interviewed early December too

Just received my interview invite and it is going to be via skype! Excited but nervous!

Reactions: 3 users
Just to give another data point, I applied for Fall 2018, interviewed nov 28 or 29. I called on Monday, they said I should hear in this week coming up

Well. I was accepted into the Vet Prep program. I would be lying if I said I wasn't pretty bummed, I was hoping for straight admission.

I need some insight. I have not always known that I wanted to be a vet - I found my love during my senior year of college (about two years ago). My undergrad major was psychology, so I graduated with my B.S. in psych, then took my science pre-reqs post-grad while I gained animal experience at my local shelter and as an assistant for a clinic. 2017 was my first year applying for vet school. I applied to several schools in the US and the only school I received an interview invite from was Ross.

I am recently married and my husband and I own a home together. However, my husband and I decided that if I were accepted for admission, I would go. Is it worth me leaving my husband, my home, my family, my dogs, and go to vet prep? Or do I take another year, retake the classes that I received lower grades in, retake my GRE (I only took it once, and I scored very average), gain more experience (I'm a vet tech in a SA clinic, but could benefit from more LA experience), and reapply next cycle?

I can't seem to find statistics about vet prep- what % of applicants are placed into vet prep versus straight admission? What % of vet prep students successfully enter the veterinary curriculum?

Any ideas, words, thoughts are greatly appreciated!

Well. I was accepted into the Vet Prep program. I would be lying if I said I wasn't pretty bummed, I was hoping for straight admission.

I need some insight. I have not always known that I wanted to be a vet - I found my love during my senior year of college (about two years ago). My undergrad major was psychology, so I graduated with my B.S. in psych, then took my science pre-reqs post-grad while I gained animal experience at my local shelter and as an assistant for a clinic. 2017 was my first year applying for vet school. I applied to several schools in the US and the only school I received an interview invite from was Ross.

I am recently married and my husband and I own a home together. However, my husband and I decided that if I were accepted for admission, I would go. Is it worth me leaving my husband, my home, my family, my dogs, and go to vet prep? Or do I take another year, retake the classes that I received lower grades in, retake my GRE (I only took it once, and I scored very average), gain more experience (I'm a vet tech in a SA clinic, but could benefit from more LA experience), and reapply next cycle?

I can't seem to find statistics about vet prep- what % of applicants are placed into vet prep versus straight admission? What % of vet prep students successfully enter the veterinary curriculum?

I’m not really familiar with vet prep, but it sounds that you, like many, applied to a Caribbean school as a back up and it would put a strain on you and your family if you accepted.

What I would do is try one more time for US schools. I was in a similar situation as you last year and especially with the year of Vet prep (which is ineligible for loans) you’ll be taking on significantly more debt by attending Ross.

I think Ross is a great option, don’t get me wrong, I think it’s just as difficult a curriculum as a US Vet school and in every way they deserve the accredation. But from a financial stand point it was hard to justify the cost difference.

How likely do you think you have of a chance of admission next year into your IS or any other US school? Have you looked into file reviews? Rejection stings but learning from it and getting back up again feels incredible.

Last year I was flat out rejected by everywhere I applied. This year I was offered 6 interviews. And it can happen to YOU next year as well.

If moving to St Kitts doesn’t put undue stress and financial strain on your family then I say go for it. Ross is a great school. But if you’re only going to accept because you feel like it’s your only choice then I’d encourage you to try again. Last year, someone told me the same thing I’m telling you and I’m really glad they did.

I’m not really familiar with vet prep, but it sounds that you, like many, applied to a Caribbean school as a back up and it would put a strain on you and your family if you accepted.

What I would do is try one more time for US schools. I was in a similar situation as you last year and especially with the year of Vet prep (which is ineligible for loans) you’ll be taking on significantly more debt by attending Ross.

I think Ross is a great option, don’t get me wrong, I think it’s just as difficult a curriculum as a US Vet school and in every way they deserve the accredation. But from a financial stand point it was hard to justify the cost difference.

How likely do you think you have of a chance of admission next year into your IS or any other US school? Have you looked into file reviews? Rejection stings but learning from it and getting back up again feels incredible.

Last year I was flat out rejected by everywhere I applied. This year I was offered 6 interviews. And it can happen to YOU next year as well.

If moving to St Kitts doesn’t put undue stress and financial strain on your family then I say go for it. Ross is a great school. But if you’re only going to accept because you feel like it’s your only choice then I’d encourage you to try again. Last year, someone told me the same thing I’m telling you and I’m really glad they did.

I really appreciate your kind, insightful response. Thank you.

Ross’s Vet Prep is only one semester, so if I do well, I’ll start veterinary curriculum Jan 2019.

Can I ask what you did to improve your application when you reapplied? Retake classes? More experience?

Ross’s Vet Prep is only one semester, so if I do well, I’ll start veterinary curriculum Jan 2019.

Can I ask what you did to improve your application when you reapplied? Retake classes? More experience?

Hey let me know if you received my message, I can answer questions if you need!

I first applied the Fall of my junior year and the second time I applied I had already graduated. I worked my butt off and made all As those last two semesters of college which boosted my overall GPA, last 45 GPA, and science GPA. I also think having no outstanding prerequisites my second time around helped.

I didn’t retake the GRE even though I probably should have. I did decent but there’s always room for improvement.

I have a lot of veterinary experience (about 5 years) but the majority of it was as a small animal Vet tech so I got a job in a different field. I now work in a Veterinary Diagnostic Lab.

I knew what my problem was - my cumulative GPA. And I had already retaken the classes I did poorly in but because cGPA is usually averaged together and not replaced my cGPA was still crap. I went to file review at my IS and began to understand I don’t really have a chance because of my cumulative GPA. So I did a TON of homework and was really strategic about where I applied this year. I targeted schools that either didn’t look at cGPA at all or ones where it didn’t hold as much weight as last 45 or science. For the schools where cGPA was a main factor I called up every single one of them and asked about their policy on grade replacement since I had already retaken those classes I bombed my freshman year of college.

I can’t stress how important strategy is when applying. The first time I applied I just picked schools based on how much I liked the location they were in, which was really stupid of me. Little did I know that schools like K State and LSU dont even LOOK at cumulative GPA.

I’m in a similar boat that you are in. I really liked Ross and was hoping for direct admission and was more than ready to move if I got in. But since I got accepted to the vet prep I have been weighing the pros and cons because the lack financial aid and taking a private loan out for over $20,000 makes me uneasy especially with the little information they give you. I still have two more schools to hear from ( but with the way this cycle is going they are probably rejections :() I emailed bill, the guy that sends the vet prep emails and stuff but asking him every question under the sun about vet prep and stats. I have yet to hear anything from him which also makes me uneasy. I’m also in the process of retaking classes and retaking the gre for the third time. I’m still thinking about doing vet prep because I don’t want to keep putting my career on hold but the go or don’t go mode switches everyday.

I’m in a similar boat that you are in. I really liked Ross and was hoping for direct admission and was more than ready to move if I got in. But since I got accepted to the vet prep I have been weighing the pros and cons because the lack financial aid and taking a private loan out for over $20,000 makes me uneasy especially with the little information they give you. I still have two more schools to hear from ( but with the way this cycle is going they are probably rejections :() I emailed bill, the guy that sends the vet prep emails and stuff but asking him every question under the sun about vet prep and stats. I have yet to hear anything from him which also makes me uneasy. I’m also in the process of retaking classes and retaking the gre for the third time. I’m still thinking about doing vet prep because I don’t want to keep putting my career on hold but the go or don’t go mode switches everyday.

I totally feel you on all of those accounts... I'm STILL finishing pre-reqs (biochem test tomorrow morning!), and I feel like I'm treading water. My Chem 1 grade expires in the fall, due to the "needs to be taken within the last 5yrs" rule, so regardless I'd have to retake that if I choose to apply next cycle. And then redo my GRE.

I have gotten some good messages about the vet prep program, it's a small class- 40-50 people, and everyone tends to do very well. You need to pass with 70% (fairly easy if you're focused!) and then you're guarenteed entrance into the next cycle class (so for me, I'd start officially Jan. 2019).

I haven't e-mailed Bill yet but did e-mail my interviewer with several questions and he got back to me instantly. I guess I need to know how long I have to make this decision. I want to do a folder review with my IS school and see if it's even doable to reapply, if they say that I need to fix a couple things - great. If they say I need to retake 7 classes and get 2,000 more hours of large animal experience, that's not doable, so maybe Vet Prep is my option? UGH!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Hey everyone! I have a SKYPE interview for Fall 2018 admission with Jeanne DiPretoro on Tuesday FEB 13th. I was just wondering if anyone has done an interview with her yet? and if anyone has a list of potential questions I should keep in the back of my head to prepare for the interview? ANY info helps! thanks in advance and best of luck to everyone! <3