SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Ross Interview 2017

Discussion in 'Pre-Veterinary' started by gatosYpatos, Aug 30, 2017.

1. allieh8607

allieh8607 RUSVM c/o 2017 5+ Year Member

Jun 25, 2012
    Ohiooo
    For those of you struggling with the decision to accept the Vet Prep offer or not, feel free to PM me with any specific questions you have and I'd be more than happy to try and answer them. I started the Vet Prep semester in Aug 2013 so I'm sure many things may be different, but I can at least offer some pros/cons that you may not have considered. I know how disappointing the news is that you didn't receive straight admission. I was so confused about how I should feel- happy? Bummed? Relieved? I felt them all. I even considered lying to my family and friends about it being "real" vet school because I was embarrassed. Ultimately though they were all still so happy and excited for me. So if any of you want additional info from someone who went through vet prep and then got through vet school just fine, PM me!

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Rozzieray

Rozzieray Class of 2022?...maybe 2+ Year Member

Sep 30, 2015
    Stillwater (pew pew)
    Thank you! I’m going to pm you I had some questions I emailed but never heard anything

allieh8607 and mmmg0619 like this.
  4. mmmg0619

mmmg0619

Nov 30, 2017
    The more I think about it, the more I’m excited. I did tell my friends and coworkers I was accepted, I didn’t elaborate, because I WAS accepted, I know I’ll do great in vet prep. And as someone who only decided to apply to vet school 2 years ago, and work my butt off with pre-reqs and working in the emergency clinic, I’m pretty proud regardless! I’d love to know your experience so I’ll pm you!

5. wherethepuppies

wherethepuppies

Feb 6, 2018
    Has anyone else heard anything back from Ross after having their interview? I interviewed on the 1st of this month and I know my interviewer said I would hear back in 3-4 weeks...but this waiting is torture

6. vettech327

vettech327

Apr 23, 2017
    Just finished my SKYPE interview and I think it went very well! She said I will hear back in about a month, so fingers crossed!!! if anyone has any questions about the interview lmk. it was very laid back. she mostly asked about my experience and how it affected me. She also asked about study habits that I have, and if I would change anything about how I studied in undergrad.

7. animallover999

animallover999

Jan 22, 2018
    good luck!!! A month Ugh.

Did you have an essay question to write? also, what did you say about your study habits lol???

vettech327 likes this.
  8. Futurevet2223

Futurevet2223 Ross c/o 2021

Jan 30, 2018
    Been waiting since December lol still haven’t heard

wherethepuppies and vettech327 like this.
  9. vettech327

vettech327

Apr 23, 2017
    my GPA is REALLLLY ****ty, but it has improved each semester. So I told her that what I used to do was start studying for exams like 3 days in advance and just cram it all in. Now, I prepare for each class by reading the chapter in the textbook, this helps me take better notes during class since I already have a background knowledge of what he/she is saying. Then, before bed each night i review what we learned that day and STAR anything I don’t fully understand yet.

I did not have to write an essay! (thank god lol)

thank you! good luck to you too!

10. Futurevet2223

Jan 30, 2018
    Anyone hear from admissions lately??

11. futurevet1495

futurevet1495

Oct 12, 2017
    Had my interview on the 2nd of this month, still waiting on Admissions, should I wait until the 3 week time that I was told call or should I try to call soon and move things along?

wherethepuppies likes this.
  12. wherethepuppies

wherethepuppies

Feb 6, 2018
    Same here, interviewed on the 1st! I just want to know already

13. futurevet1495

futurevet1495

Oct 12, 2017
    Do you think we should call? lol I'm anxiously awaiting

Futurevet2223 likes this.
  14. Futurevet2223

Jan 30, 2018
    I’ve been waiting since December!! Lol I’ve been bothering my interviewer but nothing yet

vettech327 and wherethepuppies like this.
  15. Futurevet2223

Jan 30, 2018
    So I got an email today saying I was accepted lol woohoo so I’ll be starting in the fall! They also sent me a vet book to kind of get me started until the semester starts so I’m not super in the dark

16. jwhat94

jwhat94

Jan 16, 2018
    What was your interview date? I was 11/28, still waiting

kvela2016 likes this.
  17. mmmg0619

mmmg0619

Nov 30, 2017

did they give you a timeline at the end of your interview? I interview on 1/16 and heard back in exactly 3 weeks. I would reach out to your interviewer and ask for an updated timeline.

18. sparrow_lily

sparrow_lily Class of 202_??

Jul 26, 2017
    AZ
    All my check marks are FINALLY in! We had some miscommunication in regards to a transcript and whether or not it was a 'final' one.
    So now, just waiting to hear about an interview invite!
    I'm currently an alternate/waitlisted at Midwestern (IS), and have heard from several students they got pulled off last minute to attend. I'm trying to mentally prepare now for a possible acceptance to Ross. In which case, when would it be best to move for Fall 2018? How soon/late do I move, taking into account that I'm an alternate at Midwestern. Tuition wise, both are fairly expensive compared to other schools. I would prefer to be at Midwestern due to location (job, family, friends, etc.) But if I am granted an outright acceptance to Ross I'll 100% take it.
    I'm just not exactly sure how to go about the proper waiting time for Midwestern while ensuring I'm prepared to move for Ross. Hoping for some help!

19. LamJams

LamJams

Nov 16, 2017
    California
    Hey I had pretty much a month between acceptance and getting my visa and everything ready for Ross.

to Apply for Student Visa (I am trying to remember everything off the top of my head) you need a police letter/background report within past 6 months, bank statement with at least... 6000$ (Unless you are doing student loans), Health Check (Ross will send you a checklist form with all the up to date vaccinations), original birth certificate, photocopy of your passport. (I may be missing one or two things).

I think the main thing is police background check and medical stuff, which you can get it all ready in time and either send it over to Ross, or if you were crunched on time like me I just brought everything to the student housing office on campus when school started.

So don't worry you have a while before you really have to kick it in. Feel free to ask me any questions I can answer with my experience! :)

sparrow_lily likes this.
  20. LamJams

LamJams

Nov 16, 2017
    California
    oh i coudl be wrong about the 6000$ i forgot exact amount

21. Vetgirl96

Vetgirl96

Jul 10, 2017
    I just had my interview yesterday and my interviewer told me it would be about 3 weeks before a decision was made! I hope it is sooner than that!

22. allieh8607

allieh8607 RUSVM c/o 2017 5+ Year Member

Jun 25, 2012
    Ohiooo
    I knew people that got everything in order to move to St. Kitts in 2 weeks. It was hard and they had to do stuff in preparation literally every day, but it's doable. There is a full week of orientation before the semester starts and most people move down the weekend before that starts. Unless you're living off campus, there wouldn't be anywhere for you to stay with all your stuff before that (unless you stayed at a hotel or something) so I wouldn't move down there any earlier than you need to! If you were accepted to Ross I would just start getting prepared as soon as possible...you may lose out on some money if you end up getting off the Midwestern waitlist, but at least you won't be scrambling to make the big move to St. Kitts at the last minute.

sparrow_lily likes this.