This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For the Jan/sept waitlist, were you given your place on the wait list or is that not discolsed?

I was not given a number for the waitlist for the September class!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I applied for the September class, I heard back with an interview invite within an hour of having all my checks submitted.
My interview today mentioned seats are still open for May, but I opted to do Sept/Jan instead due to the closeness of May and I would just barely be done with my biochem class.
I’m in the same boat. I have biochem now and would have to push my final up early due to the fact you have to be on the island April 29th. So that makes me nervous. I heard back and got an interview though!

Is there anybody here that was rejected after an interview or know roughly what the statistics are? I’m not sure how promising an acceptance would be since they use a holistic approach. I found a thread for St George Med school but not Ross Vet

Members don't see this ad :)
Is there anybody here that was rejected after an interview or know roughly what the statistics are? I’m not sure how promising an acceptance would be since they use a holistic approach. I found a thread for St George Med school but not Ross Vet
I don’t think anyone is rejected. I think you’re either offered Vet prep or straight admission. I could be wrong, but I’ve never heard of anyone being rejected.

The website says that you can be denied after an interview. Scroll down to 'notification'. No statistics are available.
You can be accepted, waitlisted, vet prep accepted (conditional that you acheive a certain score in the program to advance to the DVM) or denied.

Requirements

Interviewed 1/18, accepted yesterday either may on jan. talking with my employer tomorrow about putting in notice. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 2 users
Interviewed 1/18, accepted yesterday either may on jan. talking with my employer tomorrow about putting in notice. Good luck everyone!
Congrats!! Which semester did you originally apply for?

I don’t think anyone is rejected. I think you’re either offered Vet prep or straight admission. I could be wrong, but I’ve never heard of anyone being rejected.
People have definitely been rejected before.

According to the vet at my practice (she graduated January 2016), some people had international plans on their phones for emergencies, but most did not find it necessary, especially with the advent of iMessage and wifi. She had a simple cheap pre-payable island phone (I think it's mostly Vodaphone there) to communicate with school & classmates, but then had her cell service turned off on her iPhone & just used it on wifi. I did a similar thing while I studied abroad in Egypt in 2010, and it was pretty manageable. She also emphasized that wifi is pretty easily accessed on campus & in lots of cafes/restaurants, but her installed wifi at home was a bit spotty, so she scheduled times to have actual Skype conversations w/ friends and family but mostly texted/e-mailed.
Its "Lime" as the cell service down there. The school gives you a phone with so many prepaid minutes on it when you arrive. Otherwise most people use just wifi everywhere and communicate through iMessage or facebook messenger. (Just got done on island August '17)

Does anyone know how long the semesters are at Ross? I can’t seem to find it on their website.

They're about 3.5 months long. The breaks between semesters are 2 weeks except winter break which is 3 weeks.

May or may not be using this as a study break from ochem, but that's besides the point!

I realized I never included an update on my interview other than that I had one!
I'm an early applicant, the only other school I applied to this cycle was Midwestern (wait-listed for Fall 2018 class). The interview I had with Ross was a completely different vibe! I was asked questions in regards to home/personal life (family, friends, hometown, growing up, experiences, etc.) versus scenario based questions (done at Midwestern). When they tell you that they want to get to know you more; get a feel of who you are, they really mean it in the best way possible! The interview felt more like a conversation, I was nervous at first (I initially missed the call because the area code wasn't what I was expecting and I get quite a few random area code calls). However, a few minutes into the interview (lasted ~1hr) and I felt more at ease with the interviewer.
After giving my answers it helped that the interviewer would make comments, for example I mentioned that a selling point of Ross for me was what I've heard from intern and attending drs I work(ed) with... mainly that they became like a family with their classmates as they were all going through a crazy experience together (not just vet school itself, but moving so far away, cultural shock, adjustment, homesickness, etc.) and it made them stronger. At which point the interviewer gave me some examples in how they also note the family lifestyle among their students and it's something that is definitely encouraged.
At the end I was given a chance to ask questions about the school, some I asked were more serious in regards to the program, the layout, traveling to/from with multiple pets, living on vs off-campus the first semester, etc. whereas a few others were a bit 'silly' but more so lifestyle questions (ex. I've been hearing crazy tales about the amount of bugs - centipedes and banana spiders - being inescapable on the island :scared::laugh:).
My interviewer happily answered all my questions, no matter how 'silly'! The interview was concluded with a brief explanation as how the next few weeks would go, how my interviewer writes a recommendation for me to the committee and 1 of 4 things can happen. The interviewer explained I can be rejected, accepted, accepted-waitlisted/waitlist-accepted... I don't entirely remember how that one was worded, but basically I can bet wait-listed for the semester I applied for, but would be automatically offered a seat for the next upcoming semester, or I can be placed into vet-prep. The interviewer ensured I was familiar with vet-prep and said it would take 4-5 weeks before I would receive an email from the interviewer regarding the decision, but until then I'm more than welcome to email if I have any additional questions/concerns from now-then.
I was on the fence about Ross, I won't even pretend that I wasn't. It wasn't until after recently being approached by all my interns/doctors at work did I finally start getting excited about possibly attending. They assured a combination of my concerns: traveling, moving, being away from home/family (a lot of family problems going on right now which was making the decision difficult), clinical year (I had concerns as to how Ross students/alumni are treated by others, I've met a few who support the stigma that because it's an island school then they produce bad vets... this has yet to be consistently supported by any alum I've worked with... I'm a firm believer that vet school is what you make it), etc. They all answered truthfully and were happy to talk to me about my concerns. If anyone wants to know more about what I discussed with them, I'd be more than happy to message you about it, but I feel like this is getting quite long enough :laugh: The interview helped sell the school, the interviewer was honest and genuine with the answers to my questions, which was much appreciated. Ultimately I didn't feel that I was being put on any pressure or on the spot to further sell myself, I answered honestly and wasn't unsure or self conscious of any answers.
They really just want to get to know who you are a bit more, it was an overall great experience that reflected immensely well on the school :love:! I would encourage those who have the opportunity to, to at least consider Ross for this next upcoming application cycle!

I was accepted yesterday for Spring (January) semester. Waitlisted for Fall because they’ve sent all offers out and have to hear back. Regardless, I have a seat.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was accepted yesterday for Spring (January) semester. Waitlisted for Fall because they’ve sent all offers out and have to hear back. Regardless, I have a seat.
Did they say anything about this May being a possibility? Or are all of the seats full for May? I interviewed 2/19 so I am hoping to hear something soon!

Did they say anything about this May being a possibility? Or are all of the seats full for May? I interviewed 2/19 so I am hoping to hear something soon!
She didn’t mention anything about the May semester to me, but I think that’s also because she asked if I’m still in school, and knew that I’ll be graduating this coming May, so it’d be near impossible for me to do the May-mester.

Reactions: 1 user
She didn’t mention anything about the May semester to me, but I think that’s also because she asked if I’m still in school, and knew that I’ll be graduating this coming May, so it’d be near impossible for me to do the May-mester.
Thank you for the info! yeah I am graduating in May too so it would be pretty impossible! Do you know when classes start in May?

A lot of people finish their last month of undergrad while at Ross.

Thank you for the info! yeah I am graduating in May too so it would be pretty impossible! Do you know when classes start in May?
Hey! I'm a part of the May class. Mandatory orientation starts April 30th and classes start May 7th.

A lot of people finish their last month of undergrad while at Ross.
Really? I did not even know that was a option! I graduate May 5th so it is definitely cutting it close! I see that you are class of 2018! Can you give me insight to what their vet school is like? (like classes, professors, island life etc...) I have been accepted to St. Georges and I am still waiting to hear from Ross. I just want to talk to as many people as I can to gain as much insight before I might have to make a decision between the two!

Finally got a hold of admissions after calling for 3 days Told I should hear back in another week lol it's been 7 weeks already.

I had my interview last week (Friday) for the May semester. Hoping to hear back sometime this week. They still have seats though from what was said last week

Just got accepted into the Vet Prep program for this upcoming May!

If you contacted Ross for a decision update, did you contact the admissions office or your interviewer ??

If you contacted Ross for a decision update, did you contact the admissions office or your interviewer ??
I contacted my interviewer cause I’d been speaking to her for a few months at that time. I emailed Wednesday and got a call Friday

Just finished my interview! They said I should hear back in 4-5 weeks. I hate all this waiting!

Has anyone sent transcripts online to ROSS vet school? Im having trouble sending my UC Davis transcript and hoping I don't need to mail in a paper copy.

Anyone hear from admissions lately? Tomorrow is 10 weeks since my interview :( Called admissions yesterday and they told me I SHOULD hear back by the end of this week but curious to see if anyone who interviewed in Feb. still hasn't heard anything either?

Anyone hear from admissions lately? Tomorrow is 10 weeks since my interview :( Called admissions yesterday and they told me I SHOULD hear back by the end of this week but curious to see if anyone who interviewed in Feb. still hasn't heard anything either?
I interviewed on February 19th and have not heard anything. I have committed to another school but would still like to hear from Ross. I just emailed my interviewer so we will see if she knows anything. If I get an acceptance I will be turning it down so hopefully that helps one of y’all out!

Just turned down my offer for Fall 2018. Good luck to those attending and don't give up hope if you're on the waitlist! :)

Just paid my deposit for vet prep for the fall :)( letting go of $1,000.00 was hard lol) any one else doing vet prep in the fall?

Just paid my deposit for vet prep for the fall :)( letting go of $1,000.00 was hard lol) any one else doing vet prep in the fall?
I'm on the waitlist for fall!! I should know by the end of this month !

Greetings!
Another data point for those waiting to hear back.
Applied: end of August 2017
Completed application email: Oct 6
Interview invitation email: Dec 30
Interview date: Jan 22
Accepted for vet prep may or September: March 16
I chose the fall vet prep because it was too soon to leave the country. But had my circumstances been different I would have packed my bags and started right away.

Uhhh also... I think i paid the deposit correctly. I’m a little paranoid that I’m going to lose my seat. But Yay excited!

Was anyone aware of the new Campus Living Pet Program?

I won’t be taking advantage because my two cats I will be bringing are not declawed, and I won’t declaw them for this purpose. However, any of you with smaller dogs/previously declawed cats/small animals might want to look into it.

I had no idea this was a thing until I e-mailed the housing manager to discuss bringing my cats.

Attachments

• FD8B03D7-2965-4114-A9C5-8209D6885AE9.png
    FD8B03D7-2965-4114-A9C5-8209D6885AE9.png
    377.7 KB · Views: 92
Was anyone aware of the new Campus Living Pet Program?

I won’t be taking advantage because my two cats I will be bringing are not declawed, and I won’t declaw them for this purpose. However, any of you with smaller dogs/previously declawed cats/small animals might want to look into it.

I had no idea this was a thing until I e-mailed the housing manager to discuss bringing my cats.
I find it shocking that a vet school would require a cat to be declawed.

I was surprised too. I understand they don’t want their stuff getting ruined, but I’m hoping seeing as this is a pilot program they might reevaluate that in the future.

I was offered vet prep, not sure really which term because the interviewer said Spring but then mentioned September. I declined since I have been accepted directly into a DVM program. Hope this helps someone!

Well they used to not allow pets in the dorms at all which is about equally prohibitive.

They're also not asking people to declaw their cats in order for them to live there, to me it just reads that only declawed cats can live there so if your cat has previously been declawed, then it works.

Although honestly it doesn't make much sense regardless because there's not much that comes with the room that claws could harm.

Has anyone been able to get in contact with financial aid, housing or anyone to answer any questions you have? I’ve emailed and called but never get anyone and the vet prep advisor never responds to my emails either

Has anyone been able to get in contact with financial aid, housing or anyone to answer any questions you have? I’ve emailed and called but never get anyone and the vet prep advisor never responds to my emails either
Call bill Bingham for vet prep he answers every time I call