Ross University c/o 2025

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yes! The class starts May 10th! I interviewed on Tuesday the 16th of March and moved my application from the fall class to the summer class that day, due to a recommendation from the admissions team. I was so shocked to get a call so early, on Saturday of all days! I cried for like two hours
My GPA and gre weren't great. I had a 3.13 GPA overall at the end of undergrad, I graduated from Clarkson University. My gre was 148 for both sections and 3.5 for the writing.
I have been published before and have over 5,000 clinical veterinary hours in various different types of medicine, including gp, a wildlife center and a specialty/emergency hospital.
Good luck to all those applying! Hopefully we'll all be classmates soon!
They told me they're working on filling the summer class because they have so many applications for the fall class so if you have the means to start earlier
That's awesome! We actually have the same exact GPA and right around the same GRE haha. I have low vet hours but had a different career for about 4 years until last year. Since coming back to school I have done really well in all the science prereqs so hopefully that helps. Really regretting the fact that I took 2 classes this semester that are not necessary for Ross when I could be taking Biochem right now and had the possibility to start in May. Hoping I find out before my withdrawal deadline on Tuesday but who knows! Thanks for all the info!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi! I actually emailed Ross again in regards to my application for the same reason, the response I got basically said there were a group of application from VMCAS that did not make it through the download Ross did back in the fall for the Fall 2021 applications. They flagged my name and were going to look for my application. I sent a followup email this past Thursday to see if I could get any updates at all and have not gotten a response yet.
Wow! I’m sorry that happened, but thank you for sharing! Hopefully you hear something soon!
& I’ll definitely be reaching out again 🤔

• Care
Hey guys, I've been accepted but having some trouble moving my life in 6 months to an island, does anyone know if Ross allows you to defer to another semester/year?

Members don't see this ad :)
I got accepted today!!! woohoo!!! They said I have to get B's in my remaining classes which seemed odd but either way I'll take it!

Reactions: 3 users
Hey guys, I've been accepted but having some trouble moving my life in 6 months to an island, does anyone know if Ross allows you to defer to another semester/year?
I have heard of people deferring a semester or a year before. I'm not sure how common it is or what their circumstances are/were.

I was just thinking of this too. Would appreciate the insight as well if they feel comfortable!!!
I applied in Dec 2020, Interviewed January 2021 and got the generic denial BS e-mail February 2021. Re-applied with more letters of rec first week of March, and have been under "committee review" again for the last 2 weeks. Not giving up.
Stats:
volunteered in 4 different countries/thousands of hours of experience
current vet tech at ER/ortho specialty clinic
6 letters of rec.

Reactions: 2 users
I applied in Dec 2020, Interviewed January 2021 and got the generic denial BS e-mail February 2021. Re-applied with more letters of rec first week of March, and have been under "committee review" again for the last 2 weeks. Not giving up.
Stats:
volunteered in 4 different countries/thousands of hours of experience
current vet tech at ER/ortho specialty clinic
6 letters of rec.
Did you apply for the fall class or the summer class? Good for you for sticking to it! As a wise vet I once knew said "If you want to go to vet school, you will!"

Congrats to everyone accepted and good luck to those waiting, see you in the fall! I look forward to meeting you. :)

Well I finally heard back. I was super bummed to see a denial email after 7 months of waiting... but now I know. Thanks @carolinelove for sharing your journey and making me feel not so alone! Good luck to everyone!

I interviewed January 28th and was accepted on Monday for the fall! I hadn’t heard back for almost 8 weeks so I emailed my interviewer and I got my results the same day.

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed January 28th and was accepted on Monday for the fall! I hadn’t heard back for almost 8 weeks so I emailed my interviewer and I got my results the same day.
Yeah I kind of pushed them that I was hoping to know before my withdrawal deadline because if I got accepted I could drop 2 classes that they didn’t require. I heard on Monday as well!

got my acceptance for fall this morning! I also got accepted into SGU and now I'm trying to weigh my options to figure out which one is a best fit for me. does anyone know if Ross is continuing with their block exams? I was watching YouTube videos and someone said they started block exams and most students felt it did not benefit them and it put more stress on them and deteriorated their mental health more than anything. I guess the school did it in hopes to better prepare their students for the NAVLE.

If we are starting in fall 2021, will we technically be class of 2024 or class of 2025?

Hey future classmate's! I start in May and was wondering how to find the Facebook group.

Hey future classmate's! I start in May and was wondering how to find the Facebook group.
Welcome welcome! Join the ross students page and they have all the links to the other ones. Were the orange class

Hey, I wondered if anyone knew when we have to decide for the fall semester. I still have two schools I'm waitlisted for and want to hear from everyone before paying the deposit.

Hey, I wondered if anyone knew when we have to decide for the fall semester. I still have two schools I'm waitlisted for and want to hear from everyone before paying the deposit.
The e-mail I got says it's due by April 15 or we risk losing our seat. I'm in the same boat. I was waitlisted at my IS school, but the earliest I can hear about the waitlist moving in on April 15

Hello, did anyone else interview in March and not hear back with a decision for fall yet? I had my interview 3/12 and was told I would hear something the end of March/first week of April. I cracked today and emailed my interviewer to follow up but was told it will be awhile. Just wondering if anyone else is in the same boat as I am getting nervous.

Hello, did anyone else interview in March and not hear back with a decision for fall yet? I had my interview 3/12 and was told I would hear something the end of March/first week of April. I cracked today and emailed my interviewer to follow up but was told it will be awhile. Just wondering if anyone else is in the same boat as I am getting nervous.
I interviewed recently and was told they’re a little behind so that may be why they told you that.

Hiya! For those who have already submitted a deposit, was the only confirmation you received an automated email confirmation? Just a little nervous I haven’t heard anything else.

Hiya! For those who have already submitted a deposit, was the only confirmation you received an automated email confirmation? Just a little nervous I haven’t heard anything else.
Yes, the email confirmation is the only thing I have received too

I got accepted into the vet prep program!!

Reactions: 2 users
Quick question for anybody that has been accepted and might have a similar situation of repeating a course. Ross wants me to receive a grade of B or better in Organic Chemistry I (which happens to be possibly the most difficult course at UGA) and my last remaining prereq class. I think it's because I have a weird background and a recent history of success in school but not long-term. Long story short, I had a rough start to the semester in my lab for organic chemistry when my grandpa almost died because of COVID. As of right now it's very possible I won't get a B in my lab and was wondering if they may change my acceptance or if I could just repeat the lab over Summer? Anybody repeated a course after they have been accepted? I submitted my deposit and everything so I'm stressing a little.

Congratulations!! Can I ask how long it took from your interview to acceptance?
Thank you!! Here's my timeline!

Application submission: September ish, 0-2 days before deadline through VMCAS
Invite for interview: Jan 27th
Interview: Feb 22nd
Application status in portal changed to "committee review": March 15th
Acceptance call: April 13th

I initially applied for Fall but my masters program completion got pushed back a semester. I requested to be moved for Spring 2022 consideration only a few days before I received the interview invite, so that may have contributed to me hearing back so soon for Spring.

Reactions: 1 users
Quick question for anybody that has been accepted and might have a similar situation of repeating a course. Ross wants me to receive a grade of B or better in Organic Chemistry I (which happens to be possibly the most difficult course at UGA) and my last remaining prereq class. I think it's because I have a weird background and a recent history of success in school but not long-term. Long story short, I had a rough start to the semester in my lab for organic chemistry when my grandpa almost died because of COVID. As of right now it's very possible I won't get a B in my lab and was wondering if they may change my acceptance or if I could just repeat the lab over Summer? Anybody repeated a course after they have been accepted? I submitted my deposit and everything so I'm stressing a little.
Just in case you have to repeat it...(I hope you don't) but Ross accepts cowboy ochem from UGA. That's what I took. I think it's technically called elementary ochem. It's definitely simpler than normal ochem 1 at UGA.

Just in case you have to repeat it...(I hope you don't) but Ross accepts cowboy ochem from UGA. That's what I took. I think it's technically called elementary ochem. It's definitely simpler than normal ochem 1 at UGA.
Oh that’s good to know! All the emails they have sent me say C or better so I’m not sure why the lady told me B but hopefully it doesn’t come down to that

Congrats!! Can I ask when you interviewed? Fall 2021 vet prep?
Thank you! I interviewed Feb 17th and got a call on April 13th! and yes fall 2021 vet prep

Is anyone moving to St.Kitts with your significant other?

Has anyone not heard anything at all? I applied through VMCAS in August 2020 and the only thing I have heard is that my application is being reviewed back in February. I have sent them emails and called them. I am getting a little frustrated.

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone not heard anything at all? I applied through VMCAS in August 2020 and the only thing I have heard is that my application is being reviewed back in February. I have sent them emails and called them. I am getting a little frustrated.
Hey! the same thing happened to me, I finally got a response (after a few weeks of emails and phone calls) and found out they wanted me to retake a class. Basically my file was just sitting in review and I wasn't going to be told anything until the fall class was full and I was sent a denial email.

Definitely keep calling, it took some time to finally get a response but I was able to push back my start date and they hold your file until they see the course is "in progress" and then you can move forward!

Anybody know if they are gonna be online or in person for the fall?

Similar situation going on with me. Applied through VMCAS in July, got an interview in February, and have not heard anything at all.

is there a facebook group for class of 2025 fall start?

Hi! My partner was accepted for Fall 2021 (Sept). I am so proud of her! Does anyone know if Ross Vet School still issues an iPad to each student? If so is it their's to keep? I know that the school uses ebooks and educational apps, I just don't know if I need to get her an iPad. I don't want to ask her because if they no longer issue iPads I want to surprise her with one.

Hi! I'm considering applying to Ross but I'm a little confused about the requirements. Their website says that prerequisites need a grade of C or higher, but their admissions PDF (also located on their website) says the admissions committee "prefers" a grade of C or higher. Does anyone know if this means a grade of C- is not considered? For example, I made a C- in Biochemistry. Would my application still be considered since they take a holistic approach to admissions? Has anyone applied that made a C- in a prereq class?

Hi! I'm considering applying to Ross but I'm a little confused about the requirements. Their website says that prerequisites need a grade of C or higher, but their admissions PDF (also located on their website) says the admissions committee "prefers" a grade of C or higher. Does anyone know if this means a grade of C- is not considered? For example, I made a C- in Biochemistry. Would my application still be considered since they take a holistic approach to admissions? Has anyone applied that made a C- in a prereq class?

That’s honestly a great question! I would definitely email the admissions department and ask them. They have been really helpful to me!

Hi! My partner was accepted for Fall 2021 (Sept). I am so proud of her! Does anyone know if Ross Vet School still issues an iPad to each student? If so is it their's to keep? I know that the school uses ebooks and educational apps, I just don't know if I need to get her an iPad. I don't want to ask her because if they no longer issue iPads I want to surprise her with one.
Yes from my understanding they are still getting iPads and in the Ross 2024 thread I asked which model, someone said 8th gen iPad

Aw I just have to say you two are such a beautiful couple! Congrats to your partner 👏🏽 see you guys in the fall!

So sweet!!! I think they still supply students with one but I’m not sure if it’s ours to keep!!

is there a facebook group for class of 2025 fall start?
I emailed the new student coordinator and he said the Facebook group will be made in about a month! Our welcome packets will be sent around then too

Not sure if there are any current students on this thread and I know things are different because of covid but just had a quick question if anyone knows the answer. Assuming things get back to normal by Fall semester does anyone know how early before the semester starts that you need to get down to the island?

Not sure if there are any current students on this thread and I know things are different because of covid but just had a quick question if anyone knows the answer. Assuming things get back to normal by Fall semester does anyone know how early before the semester starts that you need to get down to the island?
I was just about to ask the same question!

Current student here, as far as I know it has to be a C or better and that goes for most schools. It is likely you would have to retake it but I would email admissions just to be sure, as idk if there is any different policy or more leniency due to covid