Samuel Merritt Fall 2020 start

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tiff516

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Has anybody apply ED to SMU and hear back from them? Or any one who submit after ED hear back?

Members don't see this ad.

Applied ED to SMU. Haven't heard anything yet. Kasie Lemmer told me decisions will be out by Sept 24 latest. Hoping to hear earlier so I have enough time to get RD applications out and send GRE and transcripts to other schools if I don't get into SMU. Fingers crossed!!!

Good luck guys!

Also, been searching for an SMU thread for weeks!!! So happy I found one!!! :)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Applied ED to SMU. Haven't heard anything yet. Kasie Lemmer told me decisions will be out by Sept 24 latest. Hoping to hear earlier so I have enough time to get RD applications out and send GRE and transcripts to other schools if I don't get into SMU. Fingers crossed!!!

Good luck guys!

Also, been searching for an SMU thread for weeks!!! So happy I found one!!! :)

Hi, I am straggling write the last couple supplemental questions. Can I DM you for suggestions? Thank you.

Anyone know how we are notified of the admissions decision for early decision Samuel Merritt?

Hi guys! Just got off the phone with Kasie and I have been accepted for Fall 2020! She mentioned official emails come out tomorrow morning.

Hopefully she calls you guys next! Good luck. Let me know if you have any questions!

Hi guys! Just got off the phone with Kasie and I have been accepted for Fall 2020! She mentioned official emails come out tomorrow morning.

Hopefully she calls you guys next! Good luck. Let me know if you have any questions!

Did you call them or did they call you?

Also, CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hang in there!

I was in the same boat. Let me know if there’s anything I can do to help!

Honestly, I'm just staring at my phone hoping it will ring. do you know if all calls will be made today?

thanks .

also, do you mind sharing your stats?

Not sure about future calls today. I flew out to SMU to counsel and meet with Kasie and the team so maybe I got lucky and they recognized my name!

I am kind of a unique case so it’s hard to compare stats, but:

Bachelor of Arts - Political Science 2014
5 years active duty military

cGPA: 3.66
pGPA: 4.0
I didn’t take the GRE.

I haven’t taken chemistry or physics yet so maybe that will go down... Essays are key! Tell your story!

Not sure about future calls today. I flew out to SMU to counsel and meet with Kasie and the team so maybe I got lucky and they recognized my name!

I am kind of a unique case so it’s hard to compare stats, but:

Bachelor of Arts - Political Science 2014
5 years active duty military

cGPA: 3.66
pGPA: 4.0
I didn’t take the GRE.

I haven’t taken chemistry or physics yet so maybe that will go down... Essays are key! Tell your story!

Thanks. And congrats again!

I also got the acceptance call yesterday!
She mentioned their systems were down, so official email wasn't going to be sent out for 2-3 days.

I also got the acceptance call yesterday!
She mentioned their systems were down, so official email wasn't going to be sent out for 2-3 days.

So it is safe to assume if you don't get a call you didn't get in

Undergrad: UCSD

prereq GPA: 4.0
last 60/90 units GPA: 3.88

1300+ hours of outpatient PT at 3 different places
37 hours of inpatient PT at 1 hospital

2 professor LORs
2 PT LORs

I believe my essays are what set me apart from other applicants. I think SMU puts a higher emphasis on essays than other schools.

I also attended an info session on campus.

Reactions: 1 users
I also got an acceptance call on Monday. I received an email saying we might not get our confirmation email until Sat.

My stats are:
Undergrad: UCD
overall GPA: 3.28 (3.17 via PTCAS calculations)
Last 90 units: ~3.7ish

330 hours outpatient
36 hours inpatient

2 LOR (1 from PT, 1 from professor)

I agree with previous posts saying that SMU puts an emphasis on the essay questions. I also think that a strong letter of recommendation goes a long way too. My stats are obviously not the strongest out there, so I'm hoping to ease some people's concerns about their own stats. I had a rough start to my UG (sub 3.0 first two years), I took a fifth year and made sure my last half of UG was strong. My personal statement and essay questions shared my unique experiences as well which may have made me stand out.

As for the others that got into SMU, would you guys like to connect? Feel free to PM me :)

Reactions: 1 users
I was accepted ED as well. I would love to connect as well before we all meet next year! I'll PM you. Also to everyone who was accepted, did you get the official offer letter yet? The email mentioned we would get them by Saturday, but I haven't gotten mine yet. Any updates on that front?

Can't wait to meet you all!

For those that got accepted to SMU, feel free to message me so I can connect you with other students in our FB group.

and for those who are still anxiously waiting to hear back, you feel free to message me with any questions and concerns you may have. It'd be my pleasure to help you guys out :)

Congratulations to all of you who got accepted.

I just submitted my application today 9/29/2019. Cross fingers that I can be one of your classmate.

I just received an email from SMU that they received my application, on the email it stated “submit GRE score”. Does anyone receive that too? It doesn’t require GRE right?

I just received an email from SMU that they received my application, on the email it stated “submit GRE score”. Does anyone receive that too? It doesn’t require GRE right?

I was just about to ask the same question. I am assuming this is an outdated automated response from them from previous years since the ptcas and their official DPT website says GRE is no longer required.

I was just about to ask the same question. I am assuming this is an outdated automated response from them from previous years since the ptcas and their official DPT website says GRE is no longer required.

I agree with you Member 415, I received the same email. The current information on the SMU DPT website says the GRE is not required.

I just received an correction email from
SMU that GRE is not required.

For those who applied regular decision, has anyone heard back from SMU? Does anyone know when they will be sending out decision letters?

Sent from my Pixel XL using SDN mobile

I only have received the "We've received your application!" email and the GRE clarification email.

I applied regular decision, Just got an email couple days ago from them saying my application has moved to the next phase for admission process.

Any one else got that?

I applied regular decision, Just got an email couple days ago from them saying my application has moved to the next phase for admission process.

Any one else got that?

Yeah, I got it too. Just another mini-heart attack email. But it did give us an estimated decision date, which I liked.

Any one else got that?

I received it too! Maybe just another general email to everyone

I also got the email I am not sure if that is a good thing or bad. My buddy of mine got a different email, however, saying they received his application and are reviewing it

I wonder what day in December we would find out

Looking at last year's threads, it looks like people were notified around the 15th or so. The only email I was received was the "Application Status Update". Will keep everyone posted if I received anything else!

I haven't received any email other than them confirming my application

Sent from my SM-N975U using SDN mobile

I don't think anyone should worry if you didn't get emails similar to the recent emails others have received. It really depends who handles your application.