-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Samuel Merritt Fall 2020 start
Started by tiff516
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Hey guys for those who haven’t heard back ...please don’t lose hope.
Thanks for the words of encouragement.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just got off the phone with Kasie and I got accepted into the program! Good luck everyone!
Thanks for the update! Still hope to get a call, everyone
Seerat Bhullar
Full Member
Congratulations! Do you mind sharing your stats? 🙂I just got off the phone with Kasie and I got accepted into the program! Good luck everyone!
Going to hope that I'm waitlisted. They're probably through the acceptance calls by now.
Durantula23
Full Member
Congrats to everyone that got accepted!
Even though I don't know any of you guys, I know getting to this point was a journey, so good job!
Even though I don't know any of you guys, I know getting to this point was a journey, so good job!
Going to hope that I'm waitlisted. They're probably through the acceptance calls by now.
Say it ain’t so 🙁 hoping for waitlist !
HopefulPT824
Full Member
I keep anxiously checking my email at work ugh I hope i at least got waitlist too.... let’s all hope for the best!
melinda.rudnick
Full Member
Same, I hope they send the emails soon if that’s how they’re notifying 🙁Going to hope that I'm waitlisted. They're probably through the acceptance calls by now.
HopefulPT824
Full Member
I know someone who got their rejection at around 6 pm last year, so I guess we will see...
I got a phone call today from kasie too. Got accepted!
6 pm Pacific Time?I know someone who got their rejection at around 6 pm last year, so I guess we will see...
Sent from my SM-N975U using SDN mobile
I got a phone call today from kasie too. Got accepted!
Congrats! What time was your call?
Thank you. It was in the morning at 10 something.Congrats! What time was your call?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My stats
Degree: Kinesiology and minor in Health Education
prereq GPA: 3.65
last 60/90 units GPA: 3.94
400+ hours of outpatient PT at 3 different places
105 hours of inpatient PT at 2 hospital
1 professor LORs
2 PT LORs
From seeing previous posts, yes essays will set you apart. I believe my essays helped me get into the program. I also went to info sessions and met with Kasie to learn more about the program which helped me explain why I wanted to attend SMU.
Degree: Kinesiology and minor in Health Education
prereq GPA: 3.65
last 60/90 units GPA: 3.94
400+ hours of outpatient PT at 3 different places
105 hours of inpatient PT at 2 hospital
1 professor LORs
2 PT LORs
From seeing previous posts, yes essays will set you apart. I believe my essays helped me get into the program. I also went to info sessions and met with Kasie to learn more about the program which helped me explain why I wanted to attend SMU.
HopefulPT824
Full Member
Yes 5:57 pm to be exact
Okay. I'm just asking because I'm an OOS applicant and I'm Central Time. So 8 PM where I live.Yes 5:57 pm to be exact
Sent from my SM-N975U using SDN mobile
Dr_coach_07
Full Member
What letter does your last name start with? If you don’t mind me asking..?Just accepted
HopefulPT824
Full Member
Do you think they would split acceptance call days? Or would it just be today
I'd imagine split the call days. To call tens of people in a day is a lot imo.
Sent from my SM-N975U using SDN mobile
Sent from my SM-N975U using SDN mobile
I'd imagine split the call days. To call tens of people in a day is a lot imo.
Sent from my SM-N975U using SDN mobile
I'd imagine the opposite. But if it's only Kasie doing it, I am not sure?
If they start in the morning, should be done by late afternoon.
I am guessing they will be sending out waitlists and rejections tomorrow if they are not splitting acceptance calls. I believe it is just Kasie that is making the calls..?
Still hoping for waitlist...! Good luck tomorrow everyone and congrats again to everyone that was accepted today!!
Still hoping for waitlist...! Good luck tomorrow everyone and congrats again to everyone that was accepted today!!
Seerat Bhullar
Full Member
Have anyone received a email for rejection or waitlist? If not I believe they will continue calling tomorrow morning.
Have anyone received a email for rejection or waitlist? If not I believe they will continue calling tomorrow morning.
I really hope you're right! I will be sure to update if I receive anything tomorrow.
To those who have not received a call from Kasie, it is possible that she is still in the middle of the admissions process and will be contacting students throughout the week so don't lose faith just yet. I hope you guys get your acceptance calls soon!
As for those who were fortunate enough to receive their acceptance calls today, congratulations! Feel free to message me so I can invite you all to the Facebook group that was created for our 2023 cohort. It will serve as a way to communicate with our possible future classmates 🙂 cheers!
@DPT98765 @godwillingfuturePT2020 @Jem415 @dptdiaries @Futuredpt0333
As for those who were fortunate enough to receive their acceptance calls today, congratulations! Feel free to message me so I can invite you all to the Facebook group that was created for our 2023 cohort. It will serve as a way to communicate with our possible future classmates 🙂 cheers!
@DPT98765 @godwillingfuturePT2020 @Jem415 @dptdiaries @Futuredpt0333
godwillingfuturePT2020
Full Member
To those who have not received a call from Kasie, it is possible that she is still in the middle of the admissions process and will be contacting students throughout the week so don't lose faith just yet. I hope you guys get your acceptance calls soon!
As for those who were fortunate enough to receive their acceptance calls today, congratulations! Feel free to message me so I can invite you all to the Facebook group that was created for our 2023 cohort. It will serve as a way to communicate with our possible future classmates 🙂 cheers!
@DPT98765 @godwillingfuturePT2020 @Jem415 @dptdiaries @Futuredpt0333
will do
I am a PT2020
Full Member
Good luck everyone.. another new day another new start and congratulations to those who have been accepted for the DPT program at SMU.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Still waiting. Any one else with me? 🙂
Hoping for more acceptance calls or at least waitlist notifications today
I am a PT2020
Full Member
Waiting.Still waiting. Any one else with me? 🙂
Hopeful for the call to come through. Will keep udated
I'm waiting! Hoping for waitlist or acceptance
I am a PT2020
Full Member
many got calls yesterday morning and afternoon, do you think Kaise is calling this week for more acceptance? A friend of mine received a call yest afternoon?will do
For those who received an offer, did they give you a date as to when you need to pay your deposit by?
Sent from my SM-N975U using SDN mobile
Sent from my SM-N975U using SDN mobile
I hope so. How many spots are offered?many got calls yesterday morning and afternoon, do you think Kaise is calling this week for more acceptance? A friend of mine received a call yest afternoon?
futuredpt1996
New Member
Can’t wait to meet you all!!!To those who have not received a call from Kasie, it is possible that she is still in the middle of the admissions process and will be contacting students throughout the week so don't lose faith just yet. I hope you guys get your acceptance calls soon!
As for those who were fortunate enough to receive their acceptance calls today, congratulations! Feel free to message me so I can invite you all to the Facebook group that was created for our 2023 cohort. It will serve as a way to communicate with our possible future classmates 🙂 cheers!
@DPT98765 @godwillingfuturePT2020 @Jem415 @dptdiaries @Futuredpt0333
I hope so. How many spots are offered?
I believe the 2020 class is 50 students + another 70ish students for the wait list?
melinda.rudnick
Full Member
Maybe they’re doing waitlist and rejections through snail mail this year which is why we haven’t heard?
Future-Physical-Therapist
Full Member
Still waiting, no call no email yet.
I realized you got the email saying they moved your application to the next phase of admission. I'm pretty sure you got accepted or atleast waitlisted, like everyone else who got that email. Good Luck 🙂
Thank you! 🙂I realized you got the email saying they moved your application to the next phase of admission. I'm pretty sure you got accepted or atleast waitlisted, like everyone else who got that email. Good Luck 🙂
Futuredpt0333
Full Member
For those who received an offer, did they give you a date as to when you need to pay your deposit by?
Sent from my SM-N975U using SDN mobile
We received an email today saying we have to submit our letter of intent and deposit by 01/06
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
HopefulPT824
Full Member
I’m guessing there haven’t been any acceptances today?
I’m guessing there haven’t been any acceptances today?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Durantula23
Full Member
I want to say hearing nothing is a little better than receiving a solid "no"? For me at least, it gives me some hope.
Everyone try not to stress (impossible) too much, the holidays are near, enjoy it with your families and loved ones!
Everyone try not to stress (impossible) too much, the holidays are near, enjoy it with your families and loved ones!
godwillingfuturePT2020
Full Member
Good morning everyone. hoping they will make some calls today. Any updates with anyone else?
I hope so. I wish you all the best.
Good morning everyone. hoping they will make some calls today. Any updates with anyone else?
I hope for an update on status. Just want to know if it's a rejection or waitlist at this point haha
Good luck to everyone else who is still waiting like me!
I am a PT2020
Full Member
I believe Kaise is probably putting together the waitlist or rejection list and will be sending out emails. By now she would have called. Just to let you guys know it is a tough journey, and we are all feeling this, anxious, negativity, frustration. But know that we tried our best, we are determined and we are strong!. Keep going and don't let anyone discourage you. Live your truth, follow your dream and don't ever stop!.
I wish you all happy holiday and success in life.
I wish you all happy holiday and success in life.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 4
- Views
- 3K