Samuel Merritt Fall 2020 start

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey guys for those who haven’t heard back ...please don’t lose hope.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
I just got off the phone with Kasie and I got accepted into the program! Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Going to hope that I'm waitlisted. They're probably through the acceptance calls by now.

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats to everyone that got accepted!
Even though I don't know any of you guys, I know getting to this point was a journey, so good job!

Reactions: 2 users
I keep anxiously checking my email at work ugh I hope i at least got waitlist too.... let’s all hope for the best!

Reactions: 2 users
I know someone who got their rejection at around 6 pm last year, so I guess we will see...

Reactions: 1 user
I got a phone call today from kasie too. Got accepted!

Members don't see this ad :)
My stats

Degree: Kinesiology and minor in Health Education

prereq GPA: 3.65
last 60/90 units GPA: 3.94

400+ hours of outpatient PT at 3 different places
105 hours of inpatient PT at 2 hospital

1 professor LORs
2 PT LORs

From seeing previous posts, yes essays will set you apart. I believe my essays helped me get into the program. I also went to info sessions and met with Kasie to learn more about the program which helped me explain why I wanted to attend SMU.

I'd imagine split the call days. To call tens of people in a day is a lot imo.

Sent from my SM-N975U using SDN mobile

I'd imagine split the call days. To call tens of people in a day is a lot imo.

I'd imagine the opposite. But if it's only Kasie doing it, I am not sure?
If they start in the morning, should be done by late afternoon.

I am guessing they will be sending out waitlists and rejections tomorrow if they are not splitting acceptance calls. I believe it is just Kasie that is making the calls..?

Still hoping for waitlist...! Good luck tomorrow everyone and congrats again to everyone that was accepted today!!

Have anyone received a email for rejection or waitlist? If not I believe they will continue calling tomorrow morning.

Have anyone received a email for rejection or waitlist? If not I believe they will continue calling tomorrow morning.

I really hope you're right! I will be sure to update if I receive anything tomorrow.

To those who have not received a call from Kasie, it is possible that she is still in the middle of the admissions process and will be contacting students throughout the week so don't lose faith just yet. I hope you guys get your acceptance calls soon!

As for those who were fortunate enough to receive their acceptance calls today, congratulations! Feel free to message me so I can invite you all to the Facebook group that was created for our 2023 cohort. It will serve as a way to communicate with our possible future classmates :) cheers!

@DPT98765 @godwillingfuturePT2020 @Jem415 @dptdiaries @Futuredpt0333

Reactions: 9 users
To those who have not received a call from Kasie, it is possible that she is still in the middle of the admissions process and will be contacting students throughout the week so don't lose faith just yet. I hope you guys get your acceptance calls soon!

As for those who were fortunate enough to receive their acceptance calls today, congratulations! Feel free to message me so I can invite you all to the Facebook group that was created for our 2023 cohort. It will serve as a way to communicate with our possible future classmates :) cheers!

will do

Good luck everyone.. another new day another new start and congratulations to those who have been accepted for the DPT program at SMU.

Reactions: 5 users
For those who received an offer, did they give you a date as to when you need to pay your deposit by?

Can’t wait to meet you all!!!

Maybe they’re doing waitlist and rejections through snail mail this year which is why we haven’t heard?

Still waiting, no call no email yet.

I realized you got the email saying they moved your application to the next phase of admission. I'm pretty sure you got accepted or atleast waitlisted, like everyone else who got that email. Good Luck :)

I realized you got the email saying they moved your application to the next phase of admission. I'm pretty sure you got accepted or atleast waitlisted, like everyone else who got that email. Good Luck :)
Thank you! :)

For those who received an offer, did they give you a date as to when you need to pay your deposit by?

We received an email today saying we have to submit our letter of intent and deposit by 01/06

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

I want to say hearing nothing is a little better than receiving a solid "no"? For me at least, it gives me some hope.

Everyone try not to stress (impossible) too much, the holidays are near, enjoy it with your families and loved ones!

Good morning everyone. hoping they will make some calls today. Any updates with anyone else?

Good morning everyone. hoping they will make some calls today. Any updates with anyone else?

I hope for an update on status. Just want to know if it's a rejection or waitlist at this point haha

Good luck to everyone else who is still waiting like me!

• Love
I believe Kaise is probably putting together the waitlist or rejection list and will be sending out emails. By now she would have called. Just to let you guys know it is a tough journey, and we are all feeling this, anxious, negativity, frustration. But know that we tried our best, we are determined and we are strong!. Keep going and don't let anyone discourage you. Live your truth, follow your dream and don't ever stop!.

I wish you all happy holiday and success in life.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users