Scientifically Silly WW Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Not retaliatory. I appreciate the sarcasm, but those situations are completely different, and you know that.
Oh honey, believe whatever makes you feel better.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not stating that they aren't posting. I'm stating that they aren't drawing attention.
DIFFERENCES.

Like this?
tumblr_m1h7vv54BR1qj1wlqo2_r10_500.gif

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I love this back and forth. You want to discuss other things. But by discuss, what you really want is to probe MY feels of other players. And then you want to make sure everyone knows you don't actually have feels for them, you just wanted my feels.

Way to shoot down discussion, btw.

This is true, but I feel I have a better idea of how Mel plays compared to the two of you. I wasn't trying to shade either of you, just trying to see what PBC thinks

Not trying to shade you guys, just curious what PBC thinks

I love this back and forth. You want to discuss other things. But by discuss, what you really want is to probe MY feels of other players. And then you want to make sure everyone knows you don't actually have feels for them, you just wanted my feels.

Way to shoot down discussion, btw.
Then what would YOU like to discuss PBC? Am I not allowed to ask you about your feelings on players? I don't currently have feels about coffee or dolphin, don't see why that is problematic for you, and I honestly don't know why you are getting so upset.

Then what would YOU like to discuss PBC? Am I not allowed to ask you about your feelings on players? I don't currently have feels about coffee or dolphin, don't see why that is problematic for you, and I honestly don't know why you are getting so upset.
It's cute how you want to move away from the current topic and build a discussion around something else, but then you shoot down other replies because really it's all about me.

Heyy, can we talk about that? :heckyeah:

It's cute how you want to move away from the current topic and build a discussion around something else, but then you shoot down other replies because really it's all about me.

Heyy, can we talk about that? :heckyeah:
What replies have I shot down? Coffee asked why I didn't mention SAR or Mel, and I addressed the Mel bit. I'm not finding anything odd about the way SAR has been posting

Members don't see this ad :)
They are being vocal but not drawing attention to themselves. Asking questions works because no one goes "why are you asking questions", it is easy to not say something that people can turn and say "THAT MAKES NO SENSE."
Going back to this -- asking questions is also known as wolf hunting. It gets people to explain their logic, forces them to take stances on other players, and it eventually reveals inconsistencies that will be there if someone is a wolf.

But if you think all I've done so far is ask questions, then that is a gross mischaracterization of my contributions to the thread and you may want to do a little re-reading.

I agree with SAR that you're so off the rails right now that you sound decently village to me, but that doesn't mean you're making sense :p

What replies have I shot down? Coffee asked why I didn't mention SAR or Mel, and I addressed the Mel bit. I'm not finding anything odd about the way SAR has been posting
I can lay it all out for you if you're really having trouble.

"Building discussion"
Coffee came on, made some comments about nerd stuff and how anyone could be a wolf, and left. Dolphin commented on me and that's it.

Coffee responds to the namedrop:
Heyy now I didn't leave, I talked about Mel a bit.

I'm capable of talking about me and actions involving me which is where the conversation has been but I'm not that narcissistic

How about SAR who also got on, defended me, then left?
Or Mel who came on, said he was hungover, came back to vote w/o reasons or discussions, and now is gone again?

Did you pick dolphin over these two because she mentioned your name?
Did you pick me because I have a cute dog and am rather punny?

"Building discussion" . . . or, "I'm not shading you, it's cool, I just want PBC's thoughts" . . . aka "shooting down discussion"
This is true, but I feel I have a better idea of how Mel plays compared to the two of you. I wasn't trying to shade either of you, just trying to see what PBC thinks

Ooh and look! Dolphin replies . . .
Well yeah bc that was the main topic and I wanted to get my thoughts on it out. I said I didn’t trust my feelings!!!!

"Shooting down discussion?"
Not trying to shade you guys, just curious what PBC thinks

This is tedious. Let's not do this. I don't have any reason to move my vote from you. I have minor feels for Skim and SAR, but SAR peaced out so I won't vote there when she can't defend today, and Skim . . . well, I still like you better. But in the effort of building discussion:

I don't like how Skim defended her vote as being sincere when its's based off of events that happened before roles went out. That whole discussion was weird and raised some eyebrows.

I don't like how SAR talked herself around in circles in her vote - the whole "we can't have joke D1 votes when plurality is in play" argument, and then her basic dismissal of her feels because it was the first vote on the board.

Pippy seems normal to me, but Pippy could also be a giant lizard playing for the time lord's team, and I wouldn't know.

Mel is always kind of flaky, so no + or - points there yet.

Dolphin has a lot of angst going on (!!!!) but that might just be her normal play.

I like coffee?'s attitude re: coming on and seeing she was the current winner. She doesn't seem overly defensive or worried about lynch, which gives her + village points in my mind.

"Building discussion"

"Building discussion" . . . or, "I'm not shading you, it's cool, I just want PBC's thoughts" . . . aka "shooting down discussion"

This is tedious. Let's not do this. I don't have any reason to move my vote from you. I have minor feels for Skim and SAR, but SAR peaced out so I won't vote there when she can't defend today, and Skim . . . well, I still like you better. But in the effort of building discussion:

I don't like how Skim defended her vote as being sincere when its's based off of events that happened before roles went out. That whole discussion was weird and raised some eyebrows.

I don't like how SAR talked herself around in circles in her vote - the whole "we can't have joke D1 votes when plurality is in play" argument, and then her basic dismissal of her feels because it was the first vote on the board.

Pippy seems normal to me, but Pippy could also be a giant lizard playing for the time lord's team, and I wouldn't know.

Dolphin has a lot of angst going on (!!!!) but that might just be her normal play.

I like coffee?'s attitude re: coming on and seeing she was the current winner. She doesn't seem overly defensive or worried about lynch, which gives her + village points in my mind.

How do you feel about me?

Going back to this -- asking questions is also known as wolf hunting. It gets people to explain their logic, forces them to take stances on other players, and it eventually reveals inconsistencies that will be there if someone is a wolf.

But if you think all I've done so far is ask questions, then that is a gross mischaracterization of my contributions to the thread and you may want to do a little re-reading.

I agree with SAR that you're so off the rails right now that you sound decently village to me, but that doesn't mean you're making sense :p
Of course! I like to ask questions too! I'm just saying it makes good wolves too.

"Building discussion"

It was never my intention to shut down discussion, and I think if that was my goal I wouldn't have asked anyone any questions today, or attempted to prompt discussion. I agree with you about Skim, especially now that the majority of players have been on and posting, and there is likely some more solid reasons to throw a vote on someone than what boils down to "they took my number and could be a wolf". Pippy seems village but she very much fooled me last game.

No pinged feels but you'd vote for one of the two of us if our names were already up there?

Surely someone's pinged something by now so you don't have to vote for people who have not?
I only mentioned trying to go with my gut bc of some things that I’ve been figuring out from my own game play when it comes to hunting wolves, and I was applying it to what coffee was saying. And I did say Bryndi pinged some feels earlier but I don’t always trust my feelings for her bc I am always wrong

Day 1 Please Refrain From Unzipping Your Genes Lynch Tally

coffee? (2) - skil, AM
Skil (1) - SAR
Bj (1) - peebs
Peebs (3) - cheezit, bj, pip

@PrincessButterCup you are winning!
Plurality = 5 votes
7/9 voting

Not voting: coffee?, dolphin

Deadline: 10pm EST (~1 hour)

kitteh-in-bread-jpg.238807

~There's a 60% chance that I am already drunk~

Not directly, but I did allude to one of them
Okay I found it (i think) but that seems like very little to switch to PBC in a game where votes are supposedly meaning more and should be done cautiously.

Okay I found it (i think) but that seems like very little to switch to PBC in a game where votes are supposedly meaning more and should be done cautiously.
I'm going to point out that Pip is breaking a tie.
Do you think it is better to leave it a tie?
Or are you suggesting we pick someone else?

I'm going to point out that Pip is breaking a tie.
Do you think it is better to leave it a tie?
Or are you suggesting we pick someone else?
Oh true I didn’t think about breaking the tie. Do all the normal rules apply in a plurality game? I thought if no one had five votes no one is lynched? Not that I’m advocating for that, I just assumed ties wouldn’t start becoming a problem until there are less players

Oh true I didn’t think about breaking the tie. Do all the normal rules apply in a plurality game? I thought if no one had five votes no one is lynched? Not that I’m advocating for that, I just assumed ties wouldn’t start becoming a problem until there are less players

All the rules for this game are in the rules post. If someone has five votes lynch ends immediately regardless of what time it is. No Lynch is something totally different.

Just checked the 1st page. Looks like player who had most votes before tie was created is lynched. So, me.

Oh wait I see how I misinterpreted the way this game works. My bad :smack:

All the rules for this game are in the rules post. If someone has five votes lynch ends immediately regardless of what time it is. No Lynch is something totally different.
Yeah I realized I misread, my bad. Btw are you still alright with your coffee vote

Who said I am not being cautious?
At the time it seemed like a vote with no info and going back into the thread what I saw that you could mean didn’t seem like a lot of info to put PBC into the slim margin lead. It was just my opinion at the moment. But I understand that you’re driving and can’t give a lot of information but I am curious what the info is in your feels + info reasons.

As in, would like to get the info from how she flips
Oh okay good to know that what you meant bc I agree it would give some info. If I’m going to go with my feelings that I’m wrong about Bryndi then it was not good that I agreeed with PBC. And if I’m wrong about the above it’ll give me some stronger helpful info about that too.
Lynch PBC

Oh okay good to know that what you meant bc I agree it would give some info. If I’m going to go with my feelings that I’m wrong about Bryndi then it was not good that I agreeed with PBC. And if I’m wrong about the above it’ll give me some stronger helpful info about that too.
Lynch PBC

What info would you get from PBC flipping village?