This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Caliboy94

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all!

I live in California and graduated back in January 2017 with my bachelors and masters degrees in mechanical engineering from NYU. I work at NASA jpl and I am very interested in applying to the scripps post bacc program.

I completed a research intensive masters thesis in bioengineering. I studied the effect on endothelial cells from different physical parameters.

I have taken multiple graduate level bioengineering courses (mechanobiology, dynamics of biomedical fluids).

My sat top two parts is a 1440/1600.
I took it twice and each time was 1380/1600.

I have started volunteering at a hospital since may.

I will receive letters of rec from my main thesis advisor and my co-advisor. As well as from the person who runs the DOU of the hospital I volunteer at.

Does anyone have any advice for me? Maybe for the personal statement?

I want to get accepted to this program very badly.

Thank you!