• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.
  • Free admissions webinar for pre-vets! “Apply Smarter” Webinar
Aug 9, 2017
Hi all!

I live in California and graduated back in January 2017 with my bachelors and masters degrees in mechanical engineering from NYU. I work at NASA jpl and I am very interested in applying to the scripps post bacc program.

I completed a research intensive masters thesis in bioengineering. I studied the effect on endothelial cells from different physical parameters.

I have taken multiple graduate level bioengineering courses (mechanobiology, dynamics of biomedical fluids).

My sat top two parts is a 1440/1600.
I took it twice and each time was 1380/1600.

I have started volunteering at a hospital since may.

I will receive letters of rec from my main thesis advisor and my co-advisor. As well as from the person who runs the DOU of the hospital I volunteer at.

Does anyone have any advice for me? Maybe for the personal statement?

I want to get accepted to this program very badly.

Thank you!

About the Ads